• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Btw. Everybody should go out and buy Green Arrow 41 and 42 comics. The new creative team is awesome and it has potential to be the best GA run since Grell.
I wish Olie would get a pet wolf in the show :(

Haven't followed this thread but apparently it's the right place to ask this:

I have watched Seasons 1&2 of Arrow so far and... i was really into it, the breakneck pace and general vibe of the show made it one of my favorites but then i read that many people are criticizing Season 3 and that apparently it's taken somewhat of a nosedive :(

There any truth to that? Now i am wondering whether i should still even watch S3 or leave the series be and watch other stuff... Is there a general consensus on here or is it controversial whether the show's still got it?

I have watched Seasons 1&2 of Arrow so far and... i was really into it, the breakneck pace and general vibe of the show made it one of my favorites but then i read that many people are criticizing Season 3 and that apparently it's taken somewhat of a nosedive :(

There any truth to that? Now i am wondering whether i should still even watch S3 or leave the series be and watch other stuff... Is there a general consensus on here or is it controversial whether the show's still got it?

We gave our opinions and many complaints and many of us vented but you'll just have to watch it yourself and decide. But IMO it turned out to be the worst out of three seasons.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Your results may vary, yadda-yadda: http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt2193021

1upmuffin

Watch it! Watch Arrow S3 and Flash S1 back to back starting with Flash. Arrow S3 does is a mixed bag, but the crossover with The Flash is entertaining, and Flash S1 is great. Don't give up on Arrow! Shows have weaker seasons, it happens, but there's still some really good stuff in S3.

Wiktor

It's not anywhere near as bad as some posts here would make you think it is. It's uneven and has problems, but there are still some excellent episodes inside. Plus you will be marathoning it and watching it this way the problems get a lot smaller than week to week.

Joni

It was a good season coming from a great one. It could be tighter, some subplots should have been different but still a very enjoyable season.

ZeroX03

Banned
Season 3 had a lot of great ideas, but they botched the execution on many of them. Still worth watching though, especially alongside The Flash.

That said, if Damian Darhk is Felicity's father that might just kill Arrow S4 for me right off the bat.

Alright, thanks guys, i will stick with it then i suppose...

Watching the Flash S1 at the same time though... i don't know about that since i HATE having to wait like a year or something for the next season to emerge only to have forgotten nearly everything what happened before by that point :( I try to avoid all shows that are not finished yet (but i made an exception with Arrow)

It's all subjective, so truth in this case is a very relative term, but...
Season 3 had a lot of great ideas, but they botched the execution on many of them. Still worth watching though, especially alongside The Flash.
...this is pretty much how I feel. Plus it was stated earlier that you'll be marathoning it, which will no doubt minimize certain issues made greater by watching it week-to-week.
That said, if Damian Darhk is Felicity's father that might just kill Arrow S4 for me right off the bat.
You know that's the case. I've just accepted it as the truth already.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Watching the Flash S1 at the same time though... i don't know about that since i HATE having to wait like a year or something for the next season to emerge only to have forgotten nearly everything what happened before by that point :( I try to avoid all shows that are not finished yet (but i made an exception with Arrow)

This might be the most important decision you make all year: watch the Flash.

1upmuffin

If you want to watch Arrow as it airs you really owe it to yourself to watch The Flash as it airs as well, you'll be missing out if you don't.

danielcw

What is the last time we heard anything about Tom Welling, was it Hellcats?

I love Smallville, and I love him as Clark Kent, but he wanted to step behind the camera and did not want to wear the suit.

That would be a big, but not unprecedented, change of mind

Oh come on. They could still do a reasonable thing and make him one of Damian's henchmen.
I like your optimism, but honestly with the increased focus on Felicity during S3 (or so it felt to me), it's a very good guess and one that I'm willing to accept as fact. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if she got the "final boss" fight at the end of the season
Only semi joking

I'm not buying it. Haven't the head honchos said they aren't going to touch Batman or Superman at all? Like, on multiple occasions? Granted I might be misremembering things (entirely possible), but I believe I've heard Guggenheim and/or Kreisberg state something along those lines.

I doubt he'll be the Arrowverse Superman, at least not appearing on Flash first. Supergirl is supposed to be in the Arrowverse, even if it won't cross over in season 1. I'm sure that show has dibs on Clark.

If it were true, the most likely scenario would be using the multiverse to check in on the Smallville universe. If that happened, I'd prefer it happen in a Flash / Arrow crossover, since having equivalent characters like Amell and Hartley's Olivers, Huffman and Cassidy's Canaries, or Chloe and Felicity play off each other is where the real fun would be.

Yeah, that's recycling an old, unfounded rumor and Tom Welling has absolutely zero interest in wearing the suit, not having to wear it is one of the reasons he signed up for Smallville in the first place and the show hid behind that "no tights (for Clark), no flights (again, for Clark)" mantra as continuing to get weaker and weaker excuse as the series started to go beyond its originally intended plan.

I doubt Supergirl is in the Arrowverse, there's zero indication and just the fact that Superman exists makes it pretty clear unless the Flash does something major to alter things. The only cross over potential would be if Barry crossed over via the supposedly planned multiverse hopping.

Yeah, that's recycling an old, unfounded rumor and Tom Welling has absolutely zero interest in wearing the suit, not having to wear it is one of the reasons he signed up for Smallville in the first place and the show hid behind that "no tights (for Clark), no flights (again, for Clark)" mantra as continuing to get weaker and weaker excuse as the series started to go beyond its originally intended plan.

I doubt Supergirl is in the Arrowverse, there's zero indication and just the fact that Superman exists makes it pretty clear unless the Flash does something major to alter things. The only cross over potential would be if Barry crossed over via the supposedly planned multiverse hopping.

I'm guessing Arrowverse and Supergirl are parallel words that will cross over.

And in that case, I could see a Smallville Clark cameo on yet another world.

Penguin

Just a head's up since SDCC is beginning today

Wednesday, 7/8/15

6:00p.m. - 10:00p.m. Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings

Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue their annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015-16 television season, including Supergirl and Lucifer, as well as an episode of Teen Titans Go!. Room: Ballroom 20

Friday, 7/10/15
11:30a.m. - 12:30p.m. Lucifer Pilot Screening and Q & A

Lucifer is the story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, for the first time in roughly 10 billion years, he feels something awaken deep within him. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God's emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer's having too much fun to go back now. Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars and producers. From Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Aggressive Mediocrity in association with Warner Bros. Television, and based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg for DC Entertainment's Vertigo imprint, Lucifer premieres Midseason on FOX. Room: 6BCF

1:00p.m. - 2:00p.m. Teen Titans Go! Video Presentation and Q & A

No trip to Comic-Con is complete until you spend some time with the liveliest and craziest superhero team on television. Find out what new adventures, food fights, and staring contests await Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Raven in Season 3 of this hit animated series. Producers Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) and Aaron Horvath (MAD) and members of the voice cast screen a new episode as well as take your questions on all things Titans. Teen Titans Go! airs Thursdays at 6/5c on Cartoon Network. Room: 6A

5:45p.m. - 6:45p.m. iZombie Special Video Presentation and Q & A

After the shocking events in the season finale of brainy hit iZombie, be among the first to get the scoop on what's in store for Season 2. Now that Liv (Rose McIver) gave the cure for zombie-ism to Blaine and Major (one that she desperately wanted to take herself!) will Ravi find a way to develop another cure? Will Clive remain in the dark about the existence of zombies? A special video presentation will be followed by a Q&A with series stars as well as executive producers Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Spondoolie Productions and Warner Bros. Television and based on characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred, published by DC Entertainment's Vertigo imprint, iZombie returns this fall with all-new episodes on Tuesdays at 9/8c on The CW. iZombie: The Complete First Season will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 29. Room: Ballroom 20

Saturday, 7/11/15

8:00p.m. - 10:30p.m. Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment Screening Block

DC fans, get ready for Super Hero Saturday Night! Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment welcome fans into the world of some of DC Comics' greatest characters during a three-hour experience in Hall H. The exclusive evening will feature a pilot screening of the highly anticipated new drama series Supergirl, followed by a Q&A with stars and producers, plus individual special video presentations and Q&A's with stars and producers from Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham. Also, don't miss a special Q&A with cast and producers of DC's Legends of Tomorrow and a peek at the new digital series Vixen.

All times PST

Interested in hearing more about Vixen.

Also, anyone think we'll hear news of a new DC animated show this year besides Vixen? That'd be neat.
Agreed on all points
I also saw this article on Superman in Supergirl. The setup is similar to the President to the Vice President in Veep. This could get annoying.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/supergirl-superman-cbs

Was this not expected, though? Like, we all pretty much figured it was going to be like this. Especially after the trailer came out.

Wiktor

SpoilerTV has great news article where they're throwing everything DC-related that's visible on ComicCon slow floor.

I like those especially:
CJb2ab8WUAAbjPv.jpg

CJb7Z4gUwAAVhHN.jpg

That's
Mr. Freeze
in the bottom left, isn't it? :) I'm all in on Gotham villains getting more and more crazy.

They better show Arrow and Flash trailers. I need my fix.
The best we'll get is teasers. Filming starts this month, so anything they have will be too raw to show.

We might get to see some promotional material. Hopefully a look at the Green Arrow costume.

Yeah, Flash just started film a couple days ago and Arrow doesn't start until next week.

surely this means we are finally getting green arrow right?

Erm, the guy with the beard wasn't Amell.

Flash just started shooting this week so I doubt it sadly.

I also saw this article on Superman in Supergirl. The setup is similar to the President to the Vice President in Veep. This could get annoying.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/supergirl-superman-cbs

Especially if they skirt around
saying his name
the way they did in the pilot.

They should've had him disappear if not just killed off.

Xemnas89

I'm hoping to get details on what Tom Cavanagh will be doing in season 2 of the flash. Seems like the obvious thing would be him playing normal wells but I'm hoping there's more to it than that. It's a shame that comic-con had to be a little earlier this year because I was looking forward to new footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom