• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster12

So finally finished season 2 of Arrow

The second half of this season was just insane. It's as if everything came together more perfect than I can imagine.

Slade Wilson is the best comicbook villain since Joker, on a freaking CW show. Other networks should ashamed of themselves lol. It also helps that Manu is the best actor on the show. I'm gonna have to start watching Deadwood or something cuz I need my share of good villainry.

And how about Moira Queen? She's an underrated villain on the show too. She's like slithering snake, plays the bitch role perfectly. Having her go back to her evil ways just made the show so much more interesting.

The acting just got better and better as well. Stephen Amell was acting his ass off towards the later episodes. I love the scene where Felicity tells him about Thea, right before he has to give a speech. That was some good acting right there.

I really like how ruthless Oliver is, he tries to murder Slade in his own house....no cover or alibi...he just wants to kill him lol.

The final fight and the flashback fight going at the same time was way above and beyond what I expected.

The last 10 episodes were top-notch Superhero entertainment. I wish I can just watch it all over again.

Joni

Slade Wilson is the best comicbook villain since Joker, on a freaking CW show. Other networks should ashamed of themselves lol. It also helps that Manu is the best actor on the show. I'm gonna have to start watching Deadwood or something cuz I need my share of good villainry.
They followed it up amazingly on The Flash though, with both their main villain and some one-off villains.

Penguin

Seems like the CW continues mining from Prison Break

iZombie has tapped Robert Knepper to play Blaine’s father in season 2, EW has learned exclusively.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/0...2?hootPostID=d669d8b8d31422454a524df0cf92ac69

robert-knepper_612x380.jpg

Rooster12

I also watched the 1st episode of season 3.

And it was awful. Close to one of the worst episodes they have done. The sudden dropoff in quality is pretty shocking.

I mean, you have a few really good storylines to explore. The whole Thea/Malcome thing, and the Sara/Ra's Al Ghul fiasco.

But yet they choose to show some lame Vertigo clown??? What??

I thought they would immediately show Thea/Malcome but they don't even show up. That was beyond disappointing.

And what is up with Roy, the actor looks like he doesn't even want to be there. He probably thought the script for season 3 was ass.

Tabby

I also watched the 1st episode of season 3.

And it was awful. Close to one of the worst episodes they have done. The sudden dropoff in quality is pretty shocking.

I mean, you have a few really good storylines to explore. The whole Thea/Malcome thing, and the Sara/Ra's Al Ghul fiasco.

But yet they choose to show some lame Vertigo clown??? What??

I thought they would immediately show Thea/Malcome but they don't even show up. That was beyond disappointing.

And what is up with Roy, the actor looks like he doesn't even want to be there. He probably thought the script for season 3 was ass.
It only goes down from there.

Penguin

They already mined him though, T-Bag is already Clock King in the Arrowverse.

Double-mined him then!

:p

Anyhow, two more for Gotham

the heroes of Gotham will have to face a new pair of adversaries. Theo Galvan, who will be played by True Detective’s James Frain, is described as a billionaire who wants to save the city from itself, while his sister Tabitha will be Gotham’s take on the super-villain Tigress. Tabitha will be played by Gracepoint and Pompeii’s Jessica Lucas.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/08/05/first-look-at-gothams-newest-villains

Gotham2_55c2642ef243e0.53784323.jpg

Haha, I joined it right as he ended it. Third episode of Arrow is titled "
Restoration
" looks like
Sara is being resurrected in episode three maybe
?

Wally! Series regular too. Looking forward to it.

I don't dig his n52 design (the lightning bolt opening on the top of the head bugs the shit out of me), but the color scheme is sick. Hopefully, if he becomes a speedster in this season and they give him a suit, they keep the color scheme.

I don't dig his n52 design (the lightning bolt opening on the top of the head bugs the shit out of me), but the color scheme is sick. Hopefully, if he becomes a speedster in this season and they give him a suit, they keep the color scheme.

I assume it'll just be Barry's suit but silver.

All of Booth's designs hurt.

Frog-fu

Banned
Black Wally West making it to live action TV before regular Wally or regular Flash. That'll go down well.

I'm at a point now where it's been long enough since the season ended that I'm missing Arrow from my routine.

Flash not so much, even though it is the far superior show; I can wait for that to come back.

But if Arrow season 4 is going to be a repeat of season 3 then they can miss me with that shit like Gotham.

I assume it'll just be Barry's suit but silver.

All of Booth's designs hurt.

Black Wally West making it to live action TV before regular Wally or regular Flash. That'll go down well.

I'm at a point now where it's been long enough since the season ended that I'm missing Arrow from my routine.

Flash not so much, even though it is the far superior show; I can wait for that to come back.

But if Arrow season 4 is going to be a repeat of season 3 then they can miss me with that shit like Gotham.

Black Wally West is n52 Wally, so it'll probably go over fine and anyone who'll have an actual problem is someone who hasn't read comics in the past 4 years/anyone whose knowledge of Wally stems solely from Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.

It's not gonna be an issue. Especially since this was expected to be a thing from the beginning of the series once the current West family was confirmed to be black.
This suit's cool though.

ZeroX03

Banned
More Wally is always good in my books.

We knew he'd be the 52 version since before the show even started. Nobody should be surprised. Hope they go less troubled teen and more JLU or Young Justice style.

Penguin

New interview on Legends of Tomorrow

Here's one tantalizing hint: executive producer Marc Guggenheim told The Hollywood Reporter he’s encouraging the writing staff to read Dan Jurgens 2011 comic book run Time Masters: Vanishing Point. "It’s a good series for its depiction of Rip Hunter and a crazy combination of characters," he said.

The show will contain elements of Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis’ Justice League International run.

The producers said Hawkman will be 5,000 years old and will retain his memories of his past lives, whereas Hawkgirl (Ciara Renee) will not.

Jay Jackson is not code for any other DC superhero

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legends-tomorrow-spoilers-hawkman-deaths-812517

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That seems to support the idea that Jay Jackson will be the other half of Firestorm theory.

velociraptor

I'm almost to the end of Arrow S3 and fuck me Felicity is such a whiny, self-centred bitch. She has quickly reached the status of my most hated character in the series. So much melodrama from her. I really do hate the direction they've taken with her character in this season. She was actually likable in the first two seasons but almost everything that comes out of her mouth is cringeworthy.

I'm almost to the end of Arrow S3 and fuck me Felicity is such a whiny, self-centred bitch. She has quickly reached the status of my most hated character in the series. So much melodrama from her. I really do hate the direction they've taken with her character in this season. She was actually likable in the first two seasons but almost everything that comes out of her mouth is cringeworthy.

Here is hoping they fix that in season 4. With the talk that Oliver will actually be happy this season, maybe it will mean no more drama with her or anyone else but the villain.

Penguin

New love-interest for Mr. Queen

casting-02_612x380.jpg

Arrow has cast Elysia Rotaru as a new love interest for Oliver in the upcoming season of Arrow, EW has learned exclusively.

Before the fans freak out, Oliver (Stephen Amell) is still with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). Rotaru (Supernatural, iZombie) will recur in flashbacks as someone from Oliver’s past, though further details on her character are being kept under wraps.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/1...u?hootPostID=b2325b1da4d79cbce53f1b39e1b197a3

How is it?
Watched ep1 and about 5 mins of ep2. The city shots are pretty great. The actual show, not sure what to expect yet. Ep1 wasn't the greatest but kept be interested enough to watch. The couple mins I watched of ep 2 I thought "ok, this is tomfoolery". Kinda corny, but not corny in a good way yet. But people here say it's gets better and I trust you all...... So I'm gonna stay with it for atleast a couple eps, to get a real feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom