• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Community Thread [Summer of Superfriends]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaika

I'm a huge Supergirl fan, so super, super hyped for Supergirl.

Will check out Flash and Arrow sometime in the future.

Xemnas89

So you are saying the threads were accurate representations of the shows then?

Yep that would seem to be the case. It's truly hard not to love the flash. It's just so likable and does nearly everything so right that you can't help but love it. Arrow topic on the other hand had alot of hate in it. It felt like an uncomfortable posting environment so I stayed out of it for the most part.

And you know that Reverse Flash wouldn't fuck around when it came to dealing with Superman. He wouldn't monologue or anything, he would just get to the point.

tq3lczl.gif

Xemnas89

And you know that Reverse Flash wouldn't fuck around when it came to dealing with Superman. He wouldn't monologue or anything, he would just get to the point.

tq3lczl.gif

I love that shot. The suit coming out of the ring in slow motion is just an amazing visual and the music that backs up that scene is just incredible. Also knowing the version of the reverse flash we have on the show you know he'd probably have the situation planned out. Maybe he has kryptonite embedded in the glove of his vibrating death hand.

Wiktor

So to kind of get the ball rolling

Which of the shows do you watch?

Which are you excited to check out next year?
I watch every damn single one :D Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine, iZombie.

And it will continue in the future, as I'm sure to continue watching those as well as watching Lucifer, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

Wiktor

Curious if the CGI effects are final in Supergirl, I remember Flash had some unfinished ones like the hidden chamber door to Gideon.
Flash changed a lot. All those CG cars scenes were changed. Altough the older ones were later reused in other episodes.

Flash actually resuses shots quite often. But that's fine since it saves money for where new CG is really needed

Flash changed a lot. All those CG cars scenes were changed. Altough the older ones were later reused in other episodes.

Flash actually resuses shots quite often. But that's fine since it saves money for where new CG is really needed

Fun fact: they only ever shot one take of the wormhole opening up in SG-1; they just shot it from like 12 different angles, cut it out, and reused it over and over through the entire run of the show. Nothing wrong with it either, IMO.

EDIT: Dat triple.

Then I suggest you watch Man of Steel again because what you're getting at is the equivalent of SSJ3 Goku vs Krillin. Early Dragonball Krillin. As in, the orginal series, not Z.

Yes, Reverse Flash is the SSJ3 Goku. We're in agreement here.

Pre-Wells RF ran fast enough to go through time. WellsRF will swag the everloving hell outta Clark.

And he's still stupidly faster than Clark could ever manage. He would vibrate his hand through Clark's chest and tear his heart out. He'd kill two hundred civilians before Clark could do anything. The Speedforce is total bullshit, but it renders RF so overpowered, he could probably kill Superman.

-03a4d24e-6071-4033-a922-976e67ee5c70.gif

Man of Steel Superman is fast, don't get me wrong

mosdbz2.gif

But he comes nowhere close to RF. Clark's advantage is flight since RF will just dodge everything else that Clark throws at him.

tumblr_inline_nlu0byBoJO1t314dt.gif

Basically! Speedforce means that any Speedster can fucking kill Superman. These guys run around with infinite mass punches and can travel through time.

Even toned down in the show, they fucking rip apart the time-space continuum. They can phase through objects and living beings. Reverse Flash can make speed mirage duplicates, he is literally moving that fast.

Basically! Speedforce means that any Speedster can fucking kill Superman. These guys run around with infinite mass punches and can travel through time.

Even toned down in the show, they fucking rip apart the time-space continuum. They can phase through objects and living beings. Reverse Flash can make speed mirage duplicates, he is literally moving that fast.

fuckingattosecond.jpg

Wiktor

MoS supes would win against RF easily. There's nothing RF can do to hurt him. All Clark would have to do is wait till RF runs out of juice, since he's unstable.
Comicbook speedsters are whole different thing and there are only few DC characters that could stomp them, but on live action they aren't anywhere near as deadly or fast.

Joni

Let's just say: Barry managed to grab a bullet that hit him before it could pierce the skin. That is way faster than catching up to a speeding bullet. He managed to move faster than lightning. He can't catch up to the Reverse Flash.

Xemnas89

MoS supes would win against RF easily. There's nothing RF can do to hurt him. All Clark would have to do is wait till RF runs out of juice, since he's unstable.
Comicbook speedsters are whole different thing and there are only few DC characters that could stomp them, but on live action they aren't anywhere near as deadly or fast.

What if RF had kryptonite embedded into his suit? The RF from the show is too smart to just run right into battle with someone like superman without a plan. Plus if he fought RF pre-wells then he'd have him at full power and that could be quite bad for him.

Finaika

What if RF had kryptonite embedded into his suit? The RF from the show is too smart to just run right into battle with someone like superman without a plan. Plus if he fought RF pre-wells then he'd have him at full power and that could be quite bad for him.

Kryptonite doesn't exist in the MoS universe
(yet).

ZeroX03

Banned
We haven't seen full power Reverse Flash yet. I suspect he would easily beat MoS Superman, 100% if he's got speed drain. Same with Barry. And if Zoom comes along he'd just walk around Superman laughing.

But inconsistent-speed Wells RF I don't see beating Supes. Superman would wear him out eventually, would be able to resist most attacks and is probably too quick to phase his heart.

Wiktor

Now it feels like a genuine superheroes thread :) In a good way :)

Joni

Interesting, Vertigo is there to produce content that's considered R-rated. That's definitely brought my interest up slightly, would you recommend iZombies from what you've seen (assuming you have seen it)?

It is also used to support author-driven works, iZombie is not an R-Rated work, it is not even close.

yencid

just finished the flash season 1 and holy shit am i ready for legends of tomorrow and season 2 of the flash!

I need to catch up on arrow and am definitely excited for supergirl if they can do the drama like the flash, light hearted and not grim dark but still good drama.

Im thinking theyre definitely going to go with Jay garrick for season 2 of the flash

of course some spoilers

http://screenrant.com/flash-season-2-multiverse-flashpoint/

What’s fun about this show is that there’s going to be multiple timelines as we move forward. I think we’re going to start showing Earth-One and Earth-Two in the near future. There will be kind of different dimensions going on.

http://screenrant.com/the-flash-season-finale-death-cast-wells-garrick/

but Kreisberg also confirmed that more cast members will also arrive, which may or may not include the famous speedster whose signature hat made a surprise appearance in the episode.

“We are going to introduce a few more speedsters next year and a bunch more villains. How they and those villains come about is part of the surprise of season two. We’re really excited… we are so proud of this season of television. It really is a high mark for all of us and we feel a great deal of pressure and anxiety to live up to it, because it’s been so well received. As proud and as excited as we are about everything we’ve done this year, we really are just as proud and excited for all the things we are planning coming up and hopefully people will continue to take this ride with us.”

Skux

I'm pretty sure the Flash leak was a 'real' leak, ie copied from a screener review version. I mean there's even the watermark. But it actually turned out to be a boon for the CW and built up hype for the show and it turned out to be the highest-rated CW premiere of all time.

With the news that CW and CBS marketing teams worked together on launching the show, and the super high quality the Supergirl leak is available in, I'm certain it was a deliberate leak, posted shortly after the trailer got to x million views to capitalise on the hype. No company is handing out 1080p Blu-ray quality review copies.

Malvingt2

The most important character in the DC Universe isn’t Batman or Superman — it’s The Flash

This week on The CW, “The Flash” wrapped up a stellar first season, ending a string of bright, colorful, and unabashedly fun episodes with an emotional finale and a hell of a cliffhanger. Like it’s titular hero, “The Flash” bolted out of the gate at top speed, with remarkably few stumbles in its freshman year. It also gave viewers a taste of something longtime DC Comics readers have known for years: that while he isn’t a part of the famed trinity of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, The Flash is secretly the most important character in the entire DC Universe.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/most-important-character-dc-universe-193800680.html

Got lost in The Flash OT.

Malvingt2

I had read a couple of reviews of the season finale and they praised Grant Gustin as Barry and how much he grow with his character.

His Barry is amazing... I love it.

Malvingt2

I found this on Reddit a while back. I enjoyed reading it and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

My name is Eric Burns-White, and I have almost always hated Barry Allen.

Despite the title, things are
ok
in the end.

Lmao @

Five seconds after getting his powers, we see Barry Allen run on water, cross town in an eyeblink, vibrate through a wall, destroy all the terrorists’ Thompson submachine guns, catch bullets out of the air, put out a building fire, get everyone out of the building, capture all the criminals, round up several other police officers, carefully lean up against a car, and think up and deliver a sick burn. Even Clark Kent had to take time to remove his eyeglasses.

Mario007

The most important character in the DC Universe isn’t Batman or Superman — it’s The Flash

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/most-important-character-dc-universe-193800680.html

Got lost in The Flash OT.
While Flash certainly had an incredible year if we're going simply by which character showed the people that DC is not just the Trinity then its Green Arrow. Without Arrows success we wouldn't have all these shows we have today. He was basically the first DC success story apart from the trinity.

Cheebo

Banned
The Supergirl pilot was so so so so disappointing, especially after that great trailer. I am thinking I am skipping that one come fall for now.

I am in for Arrow & The Flash like everyone else. And of course Legends of Tomorrow.

Has Gotham improved? I gave up about 5-6 episodes in.

munchie64

The Supergirl pilot was so so so so disappointing, especially after that great trailer. I am thinking I am skipping that one come fall for now.

I am in for Arrow & The Flash like everyone else. And of course Legends of Tomorrow.

Depends on how much you like ridiculous cheese. I loved the last half of the series, most of the cast is amazing.

You dropped out right before things got good and the show found its groove. They don't ever do a radical shakeup, they just do what they were doing before... but better. It's all ridiculous over-the-top grimcampy nonsense, so it might still not be for you, but go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom