• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Magwik

Banned
True, that's right after. Looks like 7 and 8 are September.

Crossover filming is going to be HECTIC.
So since we have nothing else to talk about, how about we pitch some OT titles?
The Flash Season 3 |OT| Who's the Villain now, Flash?!
Arrow Season 5 |OT| Wait for Daredevil Season 3 Instead
Supergirl Season 2 |OT| Superman dies in this
Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 |OT| Justice Society of Vancouver

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah the Arrow thread isn't referencing Daredevil. And nor should it, it's not like Daredevil is doing mystic ninjas any better.

Although Arrow has like three Punishers this year...

Marc GuggenheimVerified account
‏@mguggenheim
So THIS is happening. #LegendsOfTomorrow

Co5SLtDVUAAQLYW.jpg

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/03/legends-of-tomorrow-producer-reveals-justice-society-of-america-/

Joni

So since we have nothing else to talk about, how about we pitch some OT titles?
The Flash Season 3 |OT| Who's the Villain now, Flash?!
Arrow Season 5 |OT| Wait for Daredevil Season 3 Instead
Supergirl Season 2 |OT| Superman dies in this
Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 |OT| Justice Society of Vancouver

How about Arrow actually jokes about what is in the show. Arrow Season 5 |OT| Arrow and Robin, and Robin, and Robin, and Robin.

The Flash Season 3 |OT| This time Barry's mentor won't stab us in the back, guys.
Arrow Season 5 |OT| This time Malcolm won't stab us in the back, guys.
Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 |OT| We've run out of Carters to stab in the back, guys.
Supergirl Season 2 |OT| Like a Kryptonite sword in the back, guys.

ZeroX03

Banned
Supergirl S2 |OT| Zod? Non.
The Flash S3 |OT| ...except Batman
Arrow S5 |OT| Russia, with Indifference
Legends of Tomorrow S2 |OT| of America

Platy

Supergirl S2 |OT| Zod? Non.
The Flash S3 |OT| ...except Batman
Arrow S5 |OT| Russia, with Indifference
Legends of Tomorrow S2 |OT| of America

Supergirl S2 |OT| Zod ? Non, just another El
Arrow S5 |OT| From Russia with Flashbacks
Legends of Tomorrow S2 |OT| Gardner Fox's Legends
The Flash S3 |OT| Round 03 of more Barry's Fuck ups

IconGrist

Damn, so he's not even taller than Amell? That's not a big deal but it seems like they picked a pretty short Superman (in comparison to all the other male leads).

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn, so he's not even taller than Amell? That's not a big deal but it seems like they picked a pretty short Superman (in comparison to all the other male leads).

Superman's a 2 episode guest star. And Amell and Gustin are pretty tall already. Colton Haynes is average height and he looks short with all the tall men and women running around, they can't keep one upping the casting with giants every time.

IconGrist

Superman's a 2 episode guest star. And Amell and Gustin are pretty tall already. Colton Haynes is average height and he looks short with all the tall men and women running around, they can't keep one upping the casting with giants every time.

True.... but it's Superman. Especially if he's only in a couple episodes. And Jimmy (the Behemoth) Olsen calling him the "big guy".

ZeroX03

Banned
True.... but it's Superman. Especially if he's only in a couple episodes. And Jimmy (the Behemoth) Olsen calling him the "big guy".

Blame Cavill, he started it!
Affleck is just one of those aforementioned giants.

If they shoot it well you shouldn't really notice. robertdowneyjrlifts.jpg

Joni

Holy shit! How fuckin' tall is Amell? He comes off only being a couple inches taller than me.

He is just 1,85 m. Same size as Cavill, shorter than Gustin, larger than Chris Evans and Robbie Amell. Hoechlin is the same size as Chris Evans.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/lex-luthors-not-quite-as-evil-sister-lena-is-coming-t-1784844265

Lex Luthor's Not-Quite-as-Evil Sister, Lena, Is Coming to Supergirl

This Supergirl casting news may not be as exciting as the Superman reveal, but it’s still intriguing. British actor Katie McGrath, last seen being eaten by a dinosaur in Jurassic World, will play Lena Luthor, the new CEO of the family biz—because her brother Lex has been incarcerated in a rather interesting parallel to DC’s movieverse.

TVLine reports:

Lena has taken over as CEO of her family’s billion-dollar-tech company, Luthor Corp, which has been tarnished by Lex’s evil infamy. Her goal? To re-brand the empire as a force for good. Lena wants to be seen as her own person, separate from her brother. Kara is drawn into Lena’s sphere and must determine if she is friend or foe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It would be a nice swerve if Lena Luthor actually is a force for good. Be a bit cliche if she was just a female version of her brother. Maybe have her do questionable things in the name of a good cause. Like corporate espionage to take down one of her rivals that is doing something unethical yadda yadda yadda

ZeroX03

Banned
The Justice Society of America is coming to life on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow!

iZombie alum Matthew MacCaull has been tapped to play Henry Heywood, Sr., a.k.a DC Comics character Commander Steel, EW has learned exclusively.

As revealed at Comic-Con, Commander Steel is a member of the Justice Society of America alongside Obsidian, Vixen (played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers), Stargirl, and Dr. Mid-Nite, who join the previously introduced Hourman (Patrick J. Adams).

Further details on Commander Steel are being kept under wraps, but the character is the grandfather of Dr. Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), a.k.a Citizen Steel.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/04/legends-tomorrow-commander-steel

ReiGun

It would be a nice swerve if Lena Luthor actually is a force for good. Be a bit cliche if she was just a female version of her brother. Maybe have her do questionable things in the name of a good cause. Like corporate espionage to take down one of her rivals that is doing something unethical yadda yadda yadda

Lena is usually portrayed as good, so that should be the case. However, her likely status as the only Luthor on the show means she'll probably turn at some point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Lena is usually portrayed as good, so that should be the case. However, her likely status as the only Luthor on the show means she'll probably turn at some point.

Oh that's cool then. I just hope they aren't trying to have a discount Lex Luthor. But considering they got Superman now, I suppose they could have Lex if they really wanted him.

ReiGun

I'm sure we'll get Lex at some point. I think the major Superman characters (Supes [assuming they don't kill him off], Lex, Lois, the Kents) will be treated as major "Holy Shit!" appearances that pop up for an episode or two every season.

They really cannot deny us the Cat v Lois confrontation. lol

anaron

I'm sure we'll get Lex at some point. I think the major Superman characters (Supes [assuming they don't kill him off], Lex, Lois, the Kents) will be treated as major "Holy Shit!" appearances that pop up for an episode or two every season.

They really cannot deny us the Cat v Lois confrontation. lol

seriously the thing I've anticipated most. lol

I didn't even dawn on me that Katie McGrath was in Jurrassic World, I completely forgot who she was until I saw a picture. She was Morgana on Merlin... Apparently also in the King Arthur movie that's coming out next year... lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wait... Katie McGrath...

Oh god. The woman from Slasher. Oh god no.

Anyone who hates the last two seasons of Arrow needs to watch Slasher to be reminded how low a bar can actually be.

ZeroX03

Banned
Lois is great, but she isn't going to do anything that Cat can't already do with more emotional wham.

I'd take any sort of Luthor if it means we get a decent villain.

Lois is great, but she isn't going to do anything that Cat can't already do with more emotional wham.

I'd take any sort of Luthor if it means we get a decent villain.
I'd take her in a one or two episode role like with Clark. I'm not arguing her to be a regular, but to just appear once.

I'm fine with Lena being evil like Lex. Story will be Kara thinking she's evil because her brother is, she proves she isn't evil then seven episodes later, shock! She's evil.

anaron

Supergirl cast and EPs promise a more vibrant Season 2 with jump to CWhttp://www.comicbookresources.com/article/supergirl-cast-ep-promise-more-vibrant-show

One noticeable change brought about by the network switch, though, is the possible presence of more Martian Manhunter. David Harewood, who plays Hank Henshaw/Martian Manhunter, said his superhero side might get more screentime now that they're on the CW.

"I think maybe CBS -- I don't think it's their natural fit, and I think they were trying to do less of the alien superhero stuff, whereas on CW they want more of it," said Harewood.

Top Bottom