• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Well, they probably saved a good bit moving to Vancouver and Callista no longer being a regular and it's not like the new people are going to be commanding large salaries.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I have rock bottom expectations for Powerless or whatever it is called. It looks like a mediocre office sitcom that will be peppered with DC references. Maybe I'm wrong and it will be something special. But I'm not interested, and I say that as someone who grew up on DC comics. I don't see the appeal of the show at all.

ZeroX03

Banned
So I saw Suicide Squad...

Good on Arrow for doing Boomerang and Katana better? King Shark is way fucking cooler than their Killer Croc too, the TV shows keep winning.
Smith's Deadshot is drenched in charisma and style in comparison tho

Joni

Good on Arrow for doing Boomerang and Katana better? King Shark is way fucking cooler than their Killer Croc too, the TV shows keep winning.

Makes sense, Ashur was already better than Varro and Katana was already just the fourth most important female in the Squad cast, while she got the entire flashback on Arrow to build up.
I should learn to see these movies though.

Is he really though or he just Will Smith being Will Smith like 90% of his movies?

Killer croc was the worst

Arrow Season 5 |OT| At least it's not Suicide Squad

Mario007

Come to think of it, I think S4 of Arrow was as a whole the worst season. Watching it week by week I never had that impression cause kost of the episodes bar Olicity breakup was solid but now I can't think of anythink remarkable happening this season. The season was simply solid and playing it way too safe.

Honestly I think I would have preferred of we had another season 3 which was convoluted and illogical but had ambition and sometimes even achieved it like with the Brick trilogy or the Climb.

I think it was very telling when last comiccon it was said that s4 was not to have a theme like the previous seasons and instead it would have magic. That might have been the pitfall actually, the reliance on bringingn an ooomph factor with magic and thus feeling like there was no need to raise stakes anywhere else. The magic itself was awfully done and amounted to force powers while the flasbacks didn't do their job at introducing it properly.

So I'm happy that GA is going back to street level and no more weird magic cliffhanger endings surprises. It seemed Amell was pushing for this too. The first three seasons did a great job at focusing on Oliver and the themes he was exploring while staying grounded (even with the LoA). Imagine if instead of focusing on Darkhs magic so much we'd have a better focus on that schism of light and darkness that appeared in the first and last episodes of the season.

So here's hoping Arrow gets ambitious again. Even if it fails I'll appreciate it much more than if it plays it safe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If Arrow S3 and 4 were a movie they'd break the Rotten Tomatoes scale by going beyond zero.

I think all of these shows would be rotten if they were released as films. Green Lantern (2011) is basically a CW show with a bigger budget.

#ProtectTheCWSkwad

Joni

The Vampire Diaries Carol Lockwood (Susan Walters) will become Caitlyn's mom.

tumblr_lrzy342X3v1qj35bwo1_500.gif

Grizzlyjin

The Vampire Diaries Carol Lockwood (Susan Walters) will become Caitlyn's mom.

tumblr_lrzy342X3v1qj35bwo1_500.gif

This is really cool because it means they'll be growing Snow's character without playing the dead boyfriend card again. Very exciting news.

Xenoboy

This is really cool because it means they'll be growing Snow's character without playing the dead boyfriend card again. Very exciting news.

They'll change it up by introducing her brother, Charlie, in the flashpoint timeline and killing him off.
Brother is probably gonna be one of the two villains.

I think all of these shows would be rotten if they were released as films. Green Lantern (2011) is basically a CW show with a bigger budget.

#ProtectTheCWSkwad

Uncle Guggie is simply a shit writer. When he has Kreisenberg, Berlanti and Johns around to say no to his most asinine, he can be a solid contributor to a writers room. But for the love of all things DC never let me near show runner or write his own film script. That way lies disaster.

Joni

Uncle Guggie is simply a shit writer. When he has Kreisenberg, Berlanti and Johns around to say no to his most asinine, he can be a solid contributor to a writers room. But for the love of all things DC never let me near show runner or write his own film script. That way lies disaster.

His Green Lantern script is available for reading. It was better. He was the first of four credited writers on the project. Maybe DC should learn to let him do what he wants next time. Every time they step in, they ruin stuff. For instance Green Lantern or Suicide Squad/Ted Kord/DeathStroke in Arrow.

Penguin

I'll cross-post

First look at the aged up Poison Ivy (from Gotham)

poisonivyjpg-a2d842_765w.jpg

The show announced back in June that relative newcomer Maggie Geha would be replacing Clare Foley as Ivy Pepper, and now, we have your first look at Geha's Ivy, whose sudden growth spurt will apparently be triggered by a run-in with an escaped monster from Indian Hill.

Top Bottom