• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I started thinking it would be even shorter than expected when they revealed that the season starts with Barry having already lived in that world all summer.

Joni

It is quite funny compared to the expectations. It would retcon entire seasons of Arrow and then
it will be over before Arrow S5 starts...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well that's lame. Going Flashpoint was a mistake if that's the case.

I mean...I think it was a mistake from the start, at least the way they approached it at the end of last season. It felt more like they just wanted a big stinger and less like an organic direction for the story to go in.

This might be fun. I have to imagine that something from Flashpoint will permeate into the normal timeline and create conflict. The problem with doing Flashpoint on tv is we know everything will go back to "normal." Having every character act differently for an entire season and then have all that development be reset would be a waste of time. The only person who gets the benefit of learning anything from the experience is Barry.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, kinda lame to have it only last 1 episode. But I am looking forward to seeing the replications that comes out of this. That should be fun.

IconGrist

I mean...I think it was a mistake from the start, at least the way they approached it at the end of last season. It felt more like they just wanted a big stinger and less like an organic direction for the story to go in.

This might be fun. I have to imagine that something from Flashpoint will permeate into the normal timeline and create conflict. The problem with doing Flashpoint on tv is we know everything will go back to "normal." Having every character act differently for an entire season and then have all that development be reset would be a waste of time. The only person who gets the benefit of learning anything from the experience is Barry.

I didn't expect a full season but more than what this is. As is it's not much different than his trip to Earth-2. Which is a foul way to go about a story that's effect is still on-going in the comics 7 years later.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh hey, I'm back to full. I wonder how long it'll last this time.

I really want to make a thread that's...
Oh my God, that's |OT| Jason Bourne

Producers: What do you want fam?
Legends of Tomorrow S2: Give me a villain who is as awesome as Zoom.
Producers: Say no more.

legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-why-the-legion-of-doom-is-the-most-extraordinary-thing-to-1070533.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Producers: What do you want fam?
Legends of Tomorrow S2: Give me a villain who is as awesome as Zoom.
Producers: Say no more.

legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-why-the-legion-of-doom-is-the-most-extraordinary-thing-to-1070533.jpg

Of all the shows, I feel like this has the most potential.

They're twice as awesome as Zoom. Individually.

All of those characters are vastly superior to Zoom though?

In my opinion, Zoom beats them. I'm not saying they aren't great villains, but I like Zoom more, because his voice, his presence, the things he did, his backstory and how it affected him were greater than those of the other villains.

edit: I saw the trailers expect the Supergirl one, because I haven't seen the first season. Flash's trailer was the best. Hyped. The Arrow trailer kinda worried me, I hope the show isn't too crowed (I want Green Arrow to be like Nolan's Batman and not with that many sidekicks). Legends of Tommorow's trailer wasn't as great as the other trailers, but Legion of Doom is enough to get me hyped.

Joni

In my opinion, Zoom beats them. I'm not saying they aren't great villains, but I like Zoom more, because his voice, his presence, the things he did, his backstory and how it affected him were greater than those of the other villains.
He was great as Tony Todd before he got a backstory.

Grizzlyjin

I disagree. His backstory was very good (I wanted more of it, though) and made the line "I just don't want to be alone anymore" the greatest part of his character.

Zoom? I thought his back story was diarrhea on a Ritz cracker. No hyperbole, my least favorite episode of The Flash. I couldn't take him seriously after that.

Well, at least we have a wide variety of opinions haha

edit: I saw the trailers expect the Supergirl one, because I haven't seen the first season. Flash's trailer was the best. Hyped. The Arrow trailer kinda worried me, I hope the show isn't too crowed (I want Green Arrow to be like Nolan's Batman and not with that many sidekicks). Legends of Tommorow's trailer wasn't as great as the other trailers, but Legion of Doom is enough to get me hyped.

There isn't a Supergirl trailer yet so you're fine, that only started shooting this week I think.

Hype for Zoom died the second his identity was revealed.

GulAtiCa

Zoom was amazing before the backstory. Then they ruined it... Should have just kept him as a random bad guy who just wanted to destroy Berry.

Sölf

Finished Legends of Tomorrow. You guys lied to me. The ending was horrible. The last few episodes were bad and it didn't get any better. And they killed one of the best characters. Like, why. I had really high hopes for this show and the first half was okay or even good, but it got worse the longer it went on. Seriously. I really didn't enjoy this. Not as bad as Arrow S3, especially since the first half was still rather good, but probably the worst Arrowverse show this season.

Grizzlyjin

Sölf;211866282 said:
Finished Legends of Tomorrow. You guys lied to me. The ending was horrible. The last few episodes were bad and it didn't get any better. And they killed one of the best characters. Like, why. I had really high hopes for this show and the first half was okay or even good, but it got worse the longer it went on. Seriously. I really didn't enjoy this. Not as bad as Arrow S3, especially since the first half was still rather good, but probably the worst Arrowverse show this season.

Legends of Tomorrow was the only show I felt I wasted my time with. Aside from a few moments early on, I would have been okay with someone just summing up the plot for me in 5 minutes so I could watch Season 2. It's one thing for a show to have one character do something stupid in service to the plot. But Legends did this in like every episode in the second half of the season. It was infuriating to watch at times.

I think people meant that Legends had the only finale that was a marked improvement from the episodes before it. Everyone else sorta just sputtered out. This has been a bad year for season finales all around for whatever reason. You would think there was a writers' strike going on.

Guys, would you be interested in knowing the comic book influences of the 2 seasons of Flash? I started finding the influences of the first three Flash episodes and I want to know if someone is interested on that, so I continue.

Grizzlyjin

Guys, would you be interested in knowing the comic book influences of the 2 seasons of Flash? I started finding the influences of the first three Flash episodes and I want to know if someone is interested on that, so I continue.

Do it.

Xemnas89

Smith says Flashpoint will last
only one
episodes which is quite short.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSluth_oQOc

Wait he said he got that from the imdb interview but the only thing they say about it in the imdb interview is it won't last all season. Unless they said something to him off screen I think he made have just interpreted it the wrong way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbHx8RrDMtc

Here's the imdb interview and the question about flashpoint length starts about 11 minutes in.

bryanee

HMV sent me a DC TV Pilots DVD with my BvS Blu-ray. It has the pilots for Gotham, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends on it. I think I may binge them to see how they stack up against each other.

Grizzlyjin

HMV sent me a DC TV Pilots DVD with my BvS Blu-ray. It has the pilots for Gotham, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends on it. I think I may binge them to see how they stack up against each other.

Oh wow, that is a really cool extra. Getting their hooks into people via Batman V Superman.

Thinking back just to the pilots, I enjoyed Supergirl the most.

Top Bottom