• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Penguin

Time to fix some of your links up:

The Flash - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33v1YHuN8cQ
Legends of Tomorrow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i93I90T90Og
Arrow - https://youtu.be/AhtR7tWkaQo?t=8m25s

For my liking it goes Flash > Legends > Arrow > Constantine > Supergirl, but they're all like 9/10 and Flash is a 10/10. Flash's is pure hype but very malleable in how it can be used. Legends is just adrenaline. Arrow and Constantine are more subtle and used best as leitmotifs (is that the right word?). Supergirl is fine, just a little too cheery and it's hard to top the "Super" themes already out there.
SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAVE ME!

And nobody follows you on the damn Twitters.

Everyone follows me, I'm LOVED, LOVED I say!

Also first look at the Mad Hatter from Gotham
CplgOWlXgAAHnIk.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Only 13 episodes? Odd considering it's starting only a week after the other shows which traditionally end their first half at 9. Maybe they're going for a 7/6 split. Adding extra is a hassle if they have to write around the possibilities, weird.

Also The Flash and Arrow are down an episode, I assumed they were at 23 because they started ahead of Supergirl and Legends. Interesting to see how the schedule falls and episodes line up this year.

Also no fifth show in the near future, although Pedowitz said the same about Legends and Supergirl:
“We weren’t expecting to have four [superhero shows] this season,” The CW president Mark Pedowitz told TVLine on Thursday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, referring to the Girl of Steel’s arrival. “Supergirl came thanks to the parent company [CBS] bringing it over to the CW — ‘I said where can I sign up?’ — so at this time, there are no real discussions about any [additional] superhero characters.”

http://tvline.com/2016/08/11/the-cw-new-superhero-series-arrow-spinoff-2017/

Magwik

Banned
Only 13 episodes? Odd considering it's starting only a week after the other shows which traditionally end their first half at 9. Maybe they're going for a 7/6 split. Adding extra is a hassle if they have to write around the possibilities, weird.

Also The Flash and Arrow are down an episode, I assumed they were at 23 because they started ahead of Supergirl and Legends. Interesting to see how the schedule falls and episodes line up this year.

13 episodes is probably the sweet spot for a more serialized story with less stops. It should improve the quality immensely.

ZeroX03

Banned
13 episodes is probably the sweet spot for a more serialized story with less stops. It should improve the quality immensely.

Not if they have to add last minute additional scripts. If they're doing mini arcs maybe, but 13 with the threat of more might spoil heavily serialized storytelling.

Crazy Ex, Originals, The 100 and iZombie all on that 13 episode order.

I hope Jane is 22, I don't see it mentioned.

Penguin

Lance Henriksen is playing Justice Society member Obsidian on #LegendsOfTomorrow.

Chris Wood’s #Supergirl character is Mon-El.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is a small thing, buuuuut I kinda wish new (old) Vixen's costume looked more shitty. Like, she's from the 50's or 60's, right? They wouldn't be making her uniform out of the same material as Flash's or Green Arrow's. It should look more sewn and fabric-y. Maybe it will be once they first meet and the Legends crew gives her an upgrade based on Mari's outfit which offers more protection?

Pachimari

Vixen has the potential of becoming my second fave Arrowverse hero just after The Flash. I'm really glad they got this actress and her costume looks great. I should finish Season 1 first though.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/11/arrow-dolph-lundgren

Here's who Dolph will be playing.

Ivan Drago.

Lundgren’s character was actually mentioned toward the end of season 4, when Taiana referred to the Russian villain Kovar. “He is somebody we heard about in season 4,” Mericle told EW following the panel. “Kovar. We are going to bring him in and he’s going to be this super big badass guy who works for the Russian government, and is not a friend of Oliver or the Bratva. It’s part of Oliver’s promise to Taiana at the end of season 4 and it’s going to be interesting because it’s going to get complicated and very messed up very fast.”

Seems like we aren't getting Batman anytime soon.

There was a rumor that the Arrowverse producers were trying to acquire Batman for use on the shows, but Kreisberg shot that down. “That wasn’t true,” Kreisberg said. “We saw that rumor online as well. That would be a neat trick if somebody could pull it off but that’s not happening.”

Chris Wood too!? Woah. Who is Mon-El?

Amnesiac hero who thought he was Superman's brother. Really Lar Gand, a member of the Daxamite race, who descended from Kryptonian colonists, developing an immunity to Kryptonite but a weakness to lead. Superboy (Silver Age) and Legion of Superheroes character.

Also goes by Valor.

What a...shock?

Seriously I don't know how anyone could believe he's appearing at all.

I'd still fucking lose it if they had Batman'd silhouette in the shadows of a scene in Bruce's subconscious.

Edit: Add Kevin Conroy talking to young Bruce in his Bruce voice from the shadows and you'd have fanboys marking out.
Still wanting a Gray Ghost reference.

I'd still fucking lose it if they had Batman'd silhouette in the shadows of a scene in Bruce's subconscious.

Edit: Add Kevin Conroy talking to young Bruce in his Bruce voice from the shadows and you'd have fanboys marking out.
Still wanting a Gray Ghost reference.
Do you mean for Gotham? I'm referring to people who thought Batman might appear in the Arrowverse.

Damn. Vinnie Jones, Peter Stormare and now Dolph Lundgren. Mark Hamill on Flash makes sense considering the past, but how is Arrow getting these people? Does Berlanti have secret folders on people?

These shows take like a week to film. If you're an actor wanting to remind people about you and make some bucks its a pretty sweet deal.

Do you mean for Gotham? I'm referring to people who thought Batman might appear in the Arrowverse.

Yeah for Gotham,
Even if it ever had a slight chance in the Arrowverse before Fox would probably through a fit now.

However even as my favorite of the comic shows I don't feel like the creators push back against the restrictions as the CW shows.

Top Bottom