• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Somnia

Maaseru said:
I'll finish my last final exam and I;m gonna get this stat!! Loved the beta played until like lvl 14.

How do I pay, is it directly within the game or through my PSN wallet? CArds?
If on ps3 its all through psn.

B-Dex

No one heals!

Can't finish area 51 cause the people with healing powers don't go healer role and just let everyone die :(

So I rolled a new healer villian!

d0c_zaius

just finished with making my six character types. Even with the limited options and color palette, it was fun to keep making characters. And they are all entertaining to play as well.

5354120794_5d89d4f803.jpg

Evil Mini Al Swearengen

5354121182_a0eb3b7292.jpg

Dead Locke

5353507089_f1a8b57c47.jpg

Harleybot

So how does healing actually work? Can you heal random people that you pass by? I can't seem to find out how to target friendlies.

What the fuck were they thinking to drop a gate down in instances at bosses when all the players are not in the boss room? It's happen to me THREE times so far.

mileS

Starting a Hero on Zero Hour soon. Noticed thats where most are going and I want to level on a PvE server anyway. Is there any league for us yet?

Wrestlemania said:
Is ganking much of an issue in PVP?

What I like most about PvP in this game is even if your a level 6 and a level 11 attacks you you actually have a chance to beat them. But a posse of enemies taking you on is usually another issue. I haven't had an issue with ganking, really. And if you do get ganked, it's not that big of a deal.

Ulairi

Banned
is there any penalty for death? I got ganked by a group of villains a few times yesterday and I didn't see any penalty.

mileS

Ulairi said:
is there any penalty for death? I got ganked by a group of villains a few times yesterday and I didn't see any penalty.

repair costs. I'm not sure if its the same for PVP deaths I remember hearing it is.

Hawk269

So far I am pretty impressed with the game. For me being a novice MMO player, there are some things that seem a bit overwhelming, but so far (Level 5) I am enjoying it. I am playing on PS3 and I think the game looks really good and some of the effects are really nice.

Has anyone played both PS3 and PC version's and can share some of the benefits of having the PC version instead? I have a good PC and can give the PS3 version to my nephew, but wanted some input first on the PC version.

I have to say i also have the uncontrolable urge to smash booster golds face in...

Fell through the game world floor again last night, only happened once in like 8 hours of playtime so im not too bothered, I noticed that a LOT of the loot has changed since beta, for example you no longer get Banes wrestler mask from completing the investigation around the lighthouse and stuff, just some generic shirt instead now :(

My second attempt: Dr Quantum (cue Philip Glass Ensemble)

2510-mpyr0201_designerdata-pc-14-18.23.340.jpg

The use of mental powers + hand blasts is actually pretty cool.

Third attempt: The Longbow

2492-mgot101_skybox-pc-15-00.32.070.jpg

Started out with Batman as a mentor this time, and holy shit why didn't anyone tell me you could start in different cities? Gotham is so awesome. :D

2493-mgot101_skybox-pc-15-00.33.290.jpg

2494-mgot101_skybox-pc-15-00.33.490.jpg

Gotham looks so much better than Metropolis.

Anyone complete the Metropolis University district tour? I just tried to, but the Residence Hall kiosk wasn't anywhere to be found. Wtf?

New client update for europe PS3, 1.02 (131mb)

Patch is another 68mb

Bootaaay said:
Gotham looks so much better than Metropolis.

Anyone complete the Metropolis University district tour? I just tried to, but the Residence Hall kiosk wasn't anywhere to be found. Wtf?

It just bugged and didnt load, log out of your character and log back in and it will appear (happened in beta tons and happened on the boardwalk tour for me yesterday)

No45

I'm at work all day today until 19:00, already told my wife she'll be installing and updating this for me throughout the day so I don't have to do it later. :p

kyo_daikun said:
Looks like the Uk was supposed to get the preorder bonuses for the game but Sony didnt bother to tell any of the retailers (its on the official website)

If you look at this blog post he just apologises, no mention that they are actually going to sort it out, typical Sony etc etc...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/12/dc-universe-online-trophies/

Stuff like this just makes me lose more and more faith in them.

Edit: Only 2 servers for europe PS3

PvP: Crossfire
PvE: For all Seasons
Wish I'd have known this before I ordered from ShopTo. :(

I guess I'll be creating 6 characters on "For all Seasons" then. I actually really like that there's only one server, at least it means everyone will be together.

kyo_daikun said:
New client update for europe PS3, 1.02 (131mb)
This is a good sign. ^_^

No45 said:
I'm at work all day today until 19:00, already told my wife she'll be installing and updating this for me throughout the day so I don't have to do it later. :p

Wish I'd have known this before I ordered from ShopTo. :(

I guess I'll be creating 6 characters on "For all Seasons" then. I actually really like that there's only one server, at least it means everyone will be together.

This is a good sign. ^_^

Yeah very true, I have all my characters on PvE, will make 1 PvP, I posted the update thing as I knew you and a few others like me were worried about the patching issue, looks like were doing ok .

Looks like you have to be level 30 to do raids and duo's (im guessing this is the end game content) basically you will be grinding them to get marks for the iconic battlesuits.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I really hope the mic issues I had with a friend last night are fixed. 2 out of the 3 of us were fine but we tried everything to get it to work. Otherwise fun, fun game. The communication is a little clunky but nothing I can't get past. It has to be pointed out though. I'm not gonna go all out and say it messes the game up though because that would be the extreme and it really isn't that bad.

Mic quality is super nice. What does the graphic quality mean on the PS3? I've had mainly network slowdowns but maybe there are the actual game? Been really fun, as expected.

Another patch up? Is this a Europe only thing or is the US patched as well? Glad to see the game getting steady support to get it up to speed. The first months are always key in ironing out the kinks. No freezes yet either on my 500GB SLIM.

hermit7 said:
Does the PS eye work as a mic in game?
Every mic should work but as I explained in my text above your quote, we had an issue with a friends. And his mic always works without fail. It's either game or some pesky option we are overlooking that doesn't make sense. The quality is excellent. I normally gauge it compared to the chat room quality and it's about that good. Whatever coded a lot of these PS3 games are using, everyone needs to adopt.

I picked up my copy last night, installed while I was asleep, and now it's ready for me when I come home today! I am really amped to start the action and become the legend.

Noticed something after this new patch, im not getting any emails with items, done 2 races platinum and completed an investigation and nothing.

Edit: Infact the ingame mailbox isnt working at all, just saying loading.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
lastplayed said:
So how does healing actually work? Can you heal random people that you pass by? I can't seem to find out how to target friendlies.
Read the power descriptions in the power tree or the abilities list. AFAIK, none of them allow you to target friendlies, they all auto target specific people. For the Destiny tree, one allows you to heal yourself and the person in your group with the lowest health (they have to be near you), one heals up to seven people in your group, and another one heals everyone around the spell. IIRC, that last one with the AoE will heal friendlies who aren't in your group.

MisterAnderson said:
When you unlock a new weapon line, and you respec, does it let you re choose your second weapon line?
I believe so.

No45

Woo, this is installing at home as I speak. ^_^

Quick question (that I'm sure I already know the answer to, but I'm going to check anyway) - do you need to have the disc in when playing on the PS3? I'm sure when all is said and done it'll barely be accessed, if at all.

Skilletor

Dammit.

I had minimal interest until I looked at these screens.

Comic book fanboy mode...rising. :(

How's the performance on ps3?

Hixx

Hahah really loving it atm. Was doing a quest for the Joker and some level 16 comes up (I'm only level 7) and I'm wondering if he's going to be a dick and one shot me or whatever. Anyway he starts fighting and I thought 'fuck it, have a go'. So I used my electric grapple thing to bring him to the floor, dude has NO IDEA how to break stuns so I go through about 1/4 of his health before he's released. Repeat till dead. Oh so fun, he didn't come straight back for a while!

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
The thrill of being chased across/above/below the rooftops of Gotham by half a dozen superheroes in world PvP is amazing. Honestly, these guys have no sense of humour.

No45

HixxSAFC said:
Hahah really loving it atm. Was doing a quest for the Joker and some level 16 comes up (I'm only level 7) and I'm wondering if he's going to be a dick and one shot me or whatever. Anyway he starts fighting and I thought 'fuck it, have a go'. So I used my electric grapple thing to bring him to the floor, dude has NO IDEA how to break stuns so I go through about 1/4 of his health before he's released. Repeat till dead. Oh so fun, he didn't come straight back for a while!
Haha, I'm sure the tutorial covers breaking stuns doesn't it?

Anslon said:
I want to play PvP more and more, but I have a kid I'll be looking after so it doesn't seem to AFK friendly.
Yeah, at least in WoW you can get up in the air and be safe. In this you're screwed! Play on a PvE server and at least you can pick and choose I guess. :)

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Anslon said:
I want to play PvP more and more, but I have a kid I'll be looking after so it doesn't seem to AFK friendly.

Yeah, most of my most ignoble defeats have come from finding what I thought was an inconspicuous rooftop to open a menu and then having a do-gooder drop on me like an anvil.

At low levels the penalty for getting whomped is pretty negligible, though. It's all good fun.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
im loving this game, i can really see PVP being tons of fun at top lvl!

I'll be making a Van Damme Hero version as well on Death and Glory since more of yall seem to be on the hero side.

Maaseru

Banned
I want it!!! right after my exam I;ll get it. So what server should I get on, Where are you guys playing? Because I love MMo sometimes like PSO and WoW, but I end up playing alone most of the time since my friends don't play usually or play for small periods.

Top Bottom