• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Effect

Do you only run into DC heroes in their costumes? No running into Clark Kent during a quest (him maybe keeping a low profile or something) or is he shown as Superman all the time?

No45

Killer said:
Help! If I bought the US version can I play on the EU servers? Need fast answer please.
PC yes, PS3 no I believe.

Maaseru said:
I want it!!! right after my exam I;ll get it. So what server should I get on, Where are you guys playing? Because I love MMo sometimes like PSO and WoW, but I end up playing alone most of the time since my friends don't play usually or play for small periods.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25297573&postcount=2

Nightz said:

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Killer said:
Help! If I bought the US version can I play on the EU servers? Need fast answer please.
No idea if you can fool the system by buying a Euro subscription key, but the key that comes with your US copy will probably only work with a US PSN account. I doubt it will work.

No45 said:
Woo, this is installing at home as I speak. ^_^

Quick question (that I'm sure I already know the answer to, but I'm going to check anyway) - do you need to have the disc in when playing on the PS3? I'm sure when all is said and done it'll barely be accessed, if at all.
You need the disc in the drive.

Killer said:

Tricky question, I think it would work with an american disc but there are certain problems.

1. You would have to use a european account to play it.
2. You would need to buy a 30 day sub from the Euro PSN store as the one that comes with your game will be for the US PSN store.

This is me speculating, can't be 100% until someone tries it.

Edit:

Not sure whats going on but im getting a few errors, game crashed when talking to Felix faust in the hall of doom, restarted my PS3, second I load in the game crashes again.

Dreohboy

Mercury Fred said:
Hmm, so I just added a couple people from the spreadsheet but when I go to access them from my in-game friends list, the drop down menu wont stay long enough for me to group with them, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

SOE-- great game, but horribly clunky and broken communication system!

x1000

For those on the PC, have you tried using headsets with mics? Does it work well?

What's the deal with all the replica characters? Do some people have so little imagination that they have to make a copies of their favourite super heroes? This afternoon I've run into 3 Hulks, 2 Spawns, 1 Captain America, 1 Punisher and 1 Flash - that's cool if you want to waste your time making a Hulk who won't even fight like the Hulk should, but I don't really see the point.

Effect said:
Do you only run into DC heroes in their costumes? No running into Clark Kent during a quest (him maybe keeping a low profile or something) or is he shown as Superman all the time?

Haven't seen anything like that - just a bunch of random superheroes in the police stations and justice league watchtower. There don't seem to be any wandering around the streets of Metropolis or Gotham.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Bootaaay said:
There don't seem to be any wandering around the streets of Metropolis or Gotham.

2gwidrq.jpg

Safe Bet

Banned
Wasn't really in the market for a new game (especially an MMO), but...

If anyone's willing and able to answer a couple questions:

Does the game allow cross-platform play?

How's it run on low to mid-range PCs?

jogarrr

Bootaaay said:
What's the deal with all the replica characters? Do some people have so little imagination that they have to make a copies of their favourite super heroes? This afternoon I've run into 3 Hulks, 2 Spawns, 1 Captain America, 1 Punisher and 1 Flash - that's cool if you want to waste your time making a Hulk who won't even fight like the Hulk should, but I don't really see the point.

I saw the greatest Hal Jordan clone earlier today, Mal Jordan. He did a great job on the costume but you're right about not having the proper powers.

Haven't seen anything like that - just a bunch of random superheroes in the police stations and justice league watchtower. There don't seem to be any wandering around the streets of Metropolis or Gotham

There are Superheroes and villains around the cities (besides the bounties). They're very rare though. There is a feat for finding them all and 'facing the consequences' (getting your ass kicked if they're from the opposite faction).

Oni Jazar

Effect said:

Given that the world is being attacked by aliens I think Clark is out on sabbatical for the foreseeable future.

Dreohboy

Safe Bet said:

I'd like to play with a rl buddy. He'd be on PS3. I'd be on PC.

Also..

How's the game run on low to mid-range PCs?

1) No, it does not allow cross platform play (I'm kinda glad about this. I hope it allows the PC platform to be modified later in a way that wouldn't be possible with the RAM limitations of the PS3)

2)

My specs...
3 year old Asus P5W Deluxe motherboard
3 ghz core2 duo cpu
Radeon 4870 graphic card
4 GB Ram
Windows 7 Enterprise in 32 bit mode
4X AA, ...AF..not sure.
Run the game at 1680 x 1050

Game seems to be locked at 30 fps, with the only drop happening when FRAPS takes a picture.

I consider my setup to be pretty middle of the road.

Gotta remember that this game runs on a PS3, so it should be able to scale down pretty well.

You really shouldn't have a video card older than mine. :D

Killthee

Safe Bet said:
Wasn't really in the market for a new game (especially an MMO), but...

If anyone's willing and able to answer a couple questions:

How's it run on low to mid-range PCs?
There's no cross platform support at the moment. Servers are separate.

G-Fex

Trin3785 said:
im loving this game, i can really see PVP being tons of fun at top lvl!

I'll be making a Van Damme Hero version as well on Death and Glory since more of yall seem to be on the hero side.

Make him a Timecop

Dreohboy

Azzurri said:
If I plug in a 360 controller to my PC will it pick it up?

Like it was born to have it.

I can only speak to my system (purchased through STEAM, always have my 360 controller plugged into my system, Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit) but I've not had one controller issue with the game. I'm only level 7, but I've built a character on two different servers and...other than a weird glitch that I encountered when creating a character on Zero Hour, my 360 controller has been wonderful.

hermit7

Bootaaay said:
Haven't seen anything like that - just a bunch of random superheroes in the police stations and justice league watchtower. There don't seem to be any wandering around the streets of Metropolis or Gotham.

I saw Robin in the city, and attacked him (was a villain). He punched me off of the building and when I had gotten back up to where he was he was gone. :(

Saw Power Girl too, but I am a hero so all I could to is talk to her.

Azzurri

Dreohboy said:
Like it was born to have it.

I can only speak to my system (purchased through STEAM, always have my 360 controller plugged into my system, Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit) but I've not had one controller issue with the game. I'm only level 7, but I've built a character on two different servers and...other than a weird glitch that I encountered when creating a character on Zero Hour, my 360 controller has been wonderful.

Thanks man!

Dreohboy

Can someone running on a PvP server confirm that you can turn OFF the PvP functions?

"Actions (F1)
The Actions section of the Quick Menu gives the player a concise rundown of the actions
that the character is capable of at the time the menu is opened. The menu is navigated by
using the Left Control Stick. The Actions section is divided into four categories:
• Stance
• Toggle PvP
Toggle PVP on and off by highlighting this option and pressing X. This will determine if you can be attacked in the open world by other players. If you choose to toggle PvP off, there will be a ten (10) minute delay before the change goes into effect. This setting cannot be toggled in PVP (Player vs. Player) matches and is only valid for the open world on PVP servers
."

This works? If so, I may roll up my character on a PvP server.

Liberty4all

Banned
Dreohboy said:
Can someone running on a PvP server confirm that you can turn OFF the PvP functions?

"Toggle PVP on and off by highlighting this option and pressing X. This will determine if you can be attacked in the open world by other players. If you choose to toggle PvP off, there will be a ten (10) minute delay before the change goes into effect. This setting cannot be toggled in PVP (Player vs. Player) matches and is only valid for the open world on PVP servers."

This works? If so, I may roll up my character on a PvP server.

wait a sec ... so the only difference between PvP servers and PvE is what your flag auto defaults to?

LFG

Neophyte
is there any incentive to open world pvp? do you gain rewards/points/anything? or is it just there to fight and grief the opposite faction?

Dreohboy

Bamelin said:
wait a sec ... so the only difference between PvP servers and PvE is what your flag auto defaults to?

I'm curious about that too. I rip the comment straight from the online guide.

If I can toggle PvP off on a PVP server, why wouldn't I just play on the PvP server? It's all the features of a PvE server with the option for PvP.

Or am I not reading that right?

Question, on the PC version, are you allowed to make a second hotbar, I.E. Ctrl + 1-8, or ALt + 1-8, etc.

Because I really, really hate the limited amount of slots we have in the PS3 version. Doesn't help that two of them are taken up by the damn consumable and artifact slot, as well. Grr.

Also, what's the deal with the PS3 Redemption leagues? No one was stepping up to make one so I joined another with a friend on the Villain side, but there's more Heroes than Villains - enough to make a league. What's the deal?

EDIT: My Redemption Hero is Dexter Morgan, by the way. I really wish I could edit my entry in the list to add that.

Dreohboy

EDIT: @ above, because sometimes you want to just do your thing peacefully without having to worry about getting ganked by a bunch of level 30s when you're in the single digits.

But that's just it. If you can toggle PvP to off on a PvP server, you can peacefully go about your business on a PvP server and never have to worry about getting ganked by anybody.

I would like for someone to confirm this is the case.

Dreohboy said:
But that's just it. If you can toggle PvP to off on a PvP server, you can peacefully go about your business on a PvP server and never have to worry about getting ganked by anybody.

I would like for someone to confirm this is the case.
Yeah, I edited that back out because I read your post wrong. I don't know if you could turn it off on PvP.

Liberty4all

Banned
Dreohboy said:
I'm curious about that too. I rip the comment straight from the online guide.

If I can toggle PvP off on a PVP server, why wouldn't I just play on the PvP server? It's all the features of a PvE server with the option for PvP.

Or am I not reading that right?

It's gotta be a typo ... that would make no sense being able to turn off PvP on a PvP server ...

Right? Can anyone comment?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bootaaay said:
Gotham looks so much better than Metropolis.
It really, really does.

I find myself slowly trudging through the Wonder Woman missions and only playing a small bit at a time because I already played them in the beta. Probably should have made a Batman mentored hero first.

Killthee

Revolutionary said:
Question, on the PC version, are you allowed to make a second hotbar, I.E. Ctrl + 1-8, or ALt + 1-8, etc.

Because I really, really hate the limited amount of slots we have in the PS3 version. Doesn't help that two of them are taken up by the damn consumable and artifact slot, as well. Grr.

Also, what's the deal with the PS3 Redemption leagues? No one was stepping up to make one so I joined another with a friend on the Villain side, but there's more Heroes than Villains - enough to make a league. What's the deal?

EDIT: My Redemption Hero is Dexter Morgan, by the way. I really wish I could edit my entry in the list to add that.
When I played the PC beta, as far as I could tell, you were stuck with one loadout per role just like the PS3 version.

I'll make a Redemption Hero league sometime this weekend if no one else does it before then. What should we call it?

Bamelin said:
It's gotta be a typo ... that would make no sense being able to turn off PvP on a PvP server ...

Right? Can anyone comment?
Yeah, it's a typo. It should say PVE not PVP. Even though the toggle appears in the PS3 PVP servers, it doesn't actually turn off your PVP flag.

Can't seem to get on today. It launches then gets stuck in one of the random Iconic loading screen with the spinning wheel in the lower right hand corner.

This is after two console resets.

EDI: nm as soon as I post this, I'm in. Go figure.

G-Fex

Weenerz said:
I use powers until my mana or whatever is out, then I go back guns and stuff.

Oh right you can use both on a character? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt

So tempting.

Woooo! Caved in and got the game on my way back from work!!!! Installing shit now!!! WOOOOO!!!
Yuroland PS3
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

jmdajr

So how are you guys liking it? Is it easy to get into if you never have played mmorpgs?
is it just like a marvel ultimate alliance?

jmdajr said:
So how are you guys liking it? Is it easy to get into if you never have played mmorpgs?
is it just like a marvel ultimate alliance?

I've played very few MMO's, but DCUO's beta was very easy to get into. It's basically an action game that happens to take place in a MMO universe.

SolidSnakex said:
I've played very few MMO's, but DCUO's beta was very easy to get into. It's basically an action game that happens to take place in a MMO universe.
This.

Although, the loot, communication and map issues are a little more convoluted than in a traditional action game imo.

I've had to put in a support ticket for not receiving the ingame mails, very irritating, looking at the official forums it looks like im not the only one.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Dreohboy said:
Still would like for a PvP player to comment on whether or not you can turn PvP off as an action.

Please?

No, you can't. Watch your back, villains.

FredFish

Revolutionary said:
Also, what's the deal with the PS3 Redemption leagues? No one was stepping up to make one so I joined another with a friend on the Villain side, but there's more Heroes than Villains - enough to make a league. What's the deal?...

Heh. Well I tried to start a Villain League last night and you were the only other Gaf Villain on at the time but we now how that turned out :p There's only I think four Gaffers playing Villains that I could find on the spreadsheet and I have all of the characters on my in-game Friends list so I'll try again if I see any on. Any Villains reading this send me a /tell to group up so we can make a League. My character name is Aranea

theta11

I played on the PS3 beta and had some fun. I'd be willing to give this a shot but I'd like to know is there still rampant freezing or his it been fixed. How does the PC version hold up against the PS3?

Dreohboy said:
Thank you. Now I don't have to go back and roll up a character on a PVP server.

I think the PvP servers are best suited for this game. Was on a PvE server and decided to try the PvP server and probaly wont go back to my other character. Love when someone starts going after someone in my group and we all come to the rescue and destroy them.

I just had someone come upto me and ask if I was still having problems getting mail items, I said yeah its lame thinking it was someone from neogaf... then I realised it was a mod, he ran off before I could give him more info :(

He sent me a tell saying they are trying to fix the issue, hopefully i'll get the items I missed.

Top Bottom