• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

neojubei said:
im on redemption on the ps3, character name is Rez
I tried to add you for like 5 minutes, but this games POS system won't let me do it =/ want to try me? EspressoJonze

Killthee said:
Villain? I'll jump on and help you out if you are.
Ah, should have said hero. Thanks though!

Weenerz said:
I hate the chat system for the PC version. The voice chat is shit and typing is a choir. I hope they revamp it.
Definitely. Everything about every aspect of the communication system should be completely thrown out and rebuilt from scratch. The PSO/PSU system was light years ahead of this.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mercury Fred said:
I tried to add you for like 5 minutes, but this games POS system won't let me do it =/ want to try me? EspressoJonze

!

ok i will try, i was fighting Ivy just a moment ago. what is the name of your group?

neojubei said:
ok i will try, i was fighting Ivy just a moment ago. what is the name of your group?
I'm not in a group right now. But krypt0nian and I were in a league last night called The Sisterhood (an homage to his tag here). Don't know if that still holds-- like I've been saying, the entire communication system seems unnecessarily clunky, complicated, counterintuitive, muddled and broken :p

I'm in the middle of the Bane mission btw. Not sure how close I am to actually fighting him...

neojubei

Mercury Fred said:
I'm not in a group right now. But krypt0nian and I were in a league last night called The Sisterhood (an homage to his tag here). Don't know if that still holds-- like I've been saying, the entire communication system seems unnecessarily clunky, complicated, counterintuitive, muddled and broken :p

I'm in the middle of the Bane mission btw. Not sure how close I am to actually fighting him...

oh man someone sent me an invite to the sisterhood, just didnt know who

ok i added you and krypt0nian and some others.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mercury Fred said:

Ah, should have said hero. Thanks though!
Just remembered I have a hero on that server as well. Char name is Morrow, I'll be on in a sec.

Xamdou

So there are two areas so play in, Gotham city and Metropolis?

Which is the better of the two? I am guessing Gotham?

neojubei

Mercury Fred said:
No worries, I can re-try in a minute if you want.

please do thanks

Xamdou said:
So there are two areas so play in, Gotham city and Metropolis?

Which is the better of the two? I am guessing Gotham?

Man its more than 2 areas, gotham is huge and so is metroplis. The world is so big i love it.

I'm starting to hate the vault i getting stuff i already have

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Carl said:
How do i use chat in the PS3 version? Can't figure it out for the life of me
Make sure your mic is on before you boot up the game. For text, just hit select on the DS3 or hit the enter key on your keyboard to bring up the chat

Carl

LiquidMetal14 said:
Make sure your mic is on before you boot up the game. For text, just hit select on the DS3 or hit the enter key on your keyboard to bring up the chat

shit, could have sworn i tried that. Thanks

icechai

so I waited till my controller came in the mail today to get back into playing.. and yes... if you're on a PC, play with a controller :p

bill0527

I've messed around with it for a couple of days and got Mr Fister up to level 6 or 7.

Its not really hooking me. I guess I haven't quite figured out the entire interface yet (PS3 version).

There's also one issue that I have and its almost game-breaking for me. I'm playing on a 50" Sammy Plasma 1080p. I sit about 10-12 feet from the screen and I'm having a very hard time seeing various text on the UI. I've went into options and enlarged it as much as possible, but there are some things on the UI that will not enlarge. I find myself constantly having to squint or stop and really focus on something to read it clearly. I don't think I'm having an eye problem. I do wear glasses and I'm due for an eye exam, but I've not had problems reading anything else.

Xamdou

icechai said:
so I waited till my controller came in the mail today to get back into playing.. and yes... if you're on a PC, play with a controller :p

Is it possible to play this game with a wireless 360 or Ps3 controller?

jogarrr

Xamdou said:
Is it possible to play this game with a wireless 360 or Ps3 controller?
Yes to both, although you will need the motionjoy driver and a bluetooth receiver for the PS3 controller.

Hawk269

Bamelin said:
And just as an aside, Supergirl and Powergirl are SMOKING. Plus if you move the camera juuuuussst so ... =)

So true..but if you go to the tower and find the giant gold statue's of Batman, Superman and WOnder Woman and if you have a character that can scale and climb walls, it was pretty fun scalling wonder woman froim her toes to her giant golden tata's. I placed my character right in-between them. To bad I was playing on PS3 or I would of took a picture of it!

The game is alot of of fun, much more than i would have thought. I liked it so much, decided to get the PC version as well since my RIG is really good where I can run it on max. Going to give the PS3 version to my nephew that is wanting to play it as well.

Some more screens for the hell of it:

2505-mmet101_audio-pc-14-22.21.140.jpg

2517-mpyr0161_designerdata-pc-15-12.07.210.jpg

2516-mgot101_skybox-pc-15-11.43.110.jpg

2486-mgot101_skybox-pc-15-00.11.200.jpg

BattleMonkey said:
A USB keyboard works for this on PS3 or I need the chatpad?

Not sure but the BT keys work fine. My apple wireless is a joy.

EDIT:

Quick head's up. before you make a final decision after playing a character, roll a few more and see if they fit your play-style better.

I've loved my Ice/Bow chara, but today I rolled Dual-Wield sorcerer and the first summon (although I love the looks of it) is close to being broken it's so useless. If this had been my fist experience, I would have had an entirely different opinion of the game as it stands.

I'm so surprised at how awesome this turned out to be. Console MMOs. My jaded mind didn't think it would work and I played for 5 hours today. I haven't played like that in a long time! Kudos SOE

hermit7

I really wish there was a method to take pictures on the PS3. My hero looks like a bad ass and yet I can't show anyone. :(

Carl

Alright, someone off GAF added me. How the bleeding hell do i find them? The menu system is so complicated :S

neojubei

hermit7 said:
I really wish there was a method to take pictures on the PS3. My hero looks like a bad ass and yet I can't show anyone. :(

i wish there was too, but in the meantime i take iPhone pics

7a02ed76.jpg

a3ab6a72.jpg

cfc1eeaa.jpg

c254977d.jpg

Effect

Well actually picked it up today while at the store. Figured I could wait for Two Worlds 2 and Conduit 2 to drop in price. Those were the only two games I was going to get as I'm waiting for more Nintendo games and the 3DS. Picked up the PC version and I'm installing now. Will post my character when I create him. Most likely going to go with a Meta hero.

nataku

I wish I would have downloaded the beta when I got invited, but it was such a huge file size...

I hope they put up some sort of free trial soon.

Safe Bet said:
please patch in cross-platform play

etc..

I still can't believe they took it out. Did they ever give a reason for it?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Wow. A login queue. Guess everyone waits til the weekend to buy! Good to see the game has people playing it!

nataku said:
I still can't believe they took it out. Did they ever give a reason for it?
The same reason most online games opt out of cross-platfrom play:
"We want DC Universe Online to be an experience that's fun, rewarding and balanced for both console and PC gamers, so we've decided to keep the platforms separate." (from the FAQ)

Though, the controller is really good in this game so I don't see why they couldn't have at least had a few cross-platform servers or something.

Ashes2049

Neo Member
I think they removed cross platform because of the differences between the Station account and PSN, something didn't mesh (can't remember where I read that) but they used to have it running internally.

Damn, I forgot how games like this are an endless download sink.

I'm currently downloading the third update today. My datacap is weeping. :'(

Killthee

Baki said:
Is there a demo? Any plans for a demo?

Free trial?
They haven't announced any plans for a demo. All collectors editions include a 10 day PC trial key (access only, client download not included afaik).

The not being able to use your movement power temporarily after attacking or being attacked is extremely annoying. PvP would be a lot more fun if there were high speed chases around the city while launching powers around.

mileS

Killthee said:
They haven't announced any plans for a demo. All collectors editions include a 10 day PC trial key (access only, client download not included afaik).

The normal PC version (retail) comes with the 10day buddy pass as well.

CaLe

Quick question:

Can I login to the PS3 version using my PC account ? Guess not ?

That means I'd need to pay two monthly fees if I want to play both versions ?

Killthee

mileS said:
The normal PC version (retail) comes with the 10day buddy pass as well.
Cool.

CaLe said:
Quick question:

Can I login to the PS3 version using my PC account ? Guess not ?

That means I'd need to pay two monthly fees if I want to play both versions ?
PS3 version uses PSN while PC uses Station, nothing links the account together. You'll need to pay for 2 subscriptions if you want to play both versions.

Top Bottom