• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

LiquidMetal14 said:
Glad to hear something regarding voice chat on their part.

I can confirm that the channel creation for voice chat under the social link tab DOES WORK. My and another friend succesfully tested it on 2 separate servers. The only issue we are having is 1 of our friends is still unable to talk with. It's weird too because we see him in game, we can invite him to our league or group and voice chat dont work BUT the kicker is when we invite him to our channel, he doesn't show up even though he accepts. Are channels like P2P? I'm very interested to see if what they're doing will solve his issues. If he plugs his internet directly, the mic works. Via router and no go. Trying to wrap our heads around this.

how exactly do u go about doing that?

jogarrr said:

The Wonder Woman side was pretty cool too.

And just for kicks:

ev595d.jpg

Varna

lastplayed said:
So who's got a league on Death & Glory I can join? If not, anyone wanna make one?

There is one on Dearth and Glory but it hasn't really taken off. What's your in-game name? I'll invite ya.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
WonkyPanda said:
how exactly do u go about doing that?
Sorry for late response but I was off testing some things. Essentially you go into the social tab by hitting triangle when the text chat box is visible. Theres a chat tab which you can click and hit voice on there. Then you simply type the name of the channel that you want ot create. It can be anything. So once you do that you switch to it by hitting the button that says swtich to channel, should be at the bottom. Then you simply go to the person you want to invite via your friends list or whatever and then there as an invite to invite then to your channel. It's worked every time. Sorry if my explanation is convoluted. Hope it helps.

I suck at editing but I will add that there is a dialog box for you to type your channel. I forgot to note that. It works like regular VS, you can still talk to each other across any part of the server.

Dynamic3

Once you are in-game is there (at least eventually) an option to select which colors from your palette apply for individual clothing pieces (ex. hands) as there was in the character creation menu?

Dynamic3 said:
Once you are in-game is there (at least eventually) an option to select which colors from your palette apply for individual clothing pieces (ex. hands) as there was in the character creation menu?

Yes. It's all in the style menu (next to the inventory button).

Varna said:
There is one on Dearth and Glory but it hasn't really taken off. What's your in-game name? I'll invite ya.

Oops, I already got a league invite since I posted. :p

The EU servers will be coming down at 4AM CET for a brief hotfix to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately less than 90 minutes. Players may notice the following changes:

Abilities: Psychic Empowerment now properly restores power.
Abilities: Performing a dodge roll will no longer dodge healing abilities.
Challenges: Power Girl now drops loot in the level 30 Challenge Mode for Storming the Ivory Tower.
Faction Rewards: Villain faction rewards now only require Marks of Allegiance and no longer require an unavailable badge type.
Feats: Any feat that requires a specific number of PvP wins should now be granted properly after the correct number of wins.
Trait Resets: If you reset traits while in a different shape change form you will no longer remain stuck in that form.
Trait Resets: All buffs cast by the player character from abilities granted by traits will now be removed when resetting traits.
Trait Resets: Resetting traits with a weapon type equipped that was earned by a trait (i.e. not the weapon type chosen at character create) will no longer continue to give the stats of the equipped weapon with no basic abilities.
o Now all stats will be removed from equipped weapons for which you do not have the required trait.

o In this situation, you should have the same basic punching abilities that you get if you unequip your weapon.

o Purchasing the trait to grant access to that weapon type again will now restore those stats.

Zeal

Banned
lastplayed said:
The Wonder Woman side was pretty cool too.

And just for kicks:

ev595d.jpg
flawless....victory...

i'm as addicted to making characters as i am playing this awesome game. just made christian blade as a Cleric from Equilibrium and my wife made Judge Hershey. lol

Foxix Von

Great games tonight Bajan! Also a serious and major thank you once again to FredFish.

You have no idea how bad the flash was dominating us. It's really amazing how one extra player and a stance swap can turn the tables so completely.

*Finally* settled on one character for PvP:

Ms Magic (started out on PvE with Miss Marvel, but SOE changed it to Miss Magic, so I carried the name over)

DCGame-2011-01-26-23-12-08-01.jpg

Black and white versions:

MMET101_AUDIO-PC-22-1606.jpg
MMET101_AUDIO-PC-22-1608.jpg

WonkyPanda said:
The EU servers will be coming down at 4AM CET for a brief hotfix to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately less than 90 minutes. Players may notice the following changes:

Challenges: Power Girl now drops loot in the level 30 Challenge Mode for Storming the Ivory Tower.
Faction Rewards: Villain faction rewards now only require Marks of Allegiance and no longer require an unavailable badge type.
Feats: Any feat that requires a specific number of PvP wins should now be granted properly after the correct number of wins.
Trait Resets: If you reset traits while in a different shape change form you will no longer remain stuck in that form.
Trait Resets: All buffs cast by the player character from abilities granted by traits will now be removed when resetting traits.
Trait Resets: Resetting traits with a weapon type equipped that was earned by a trait (i.e. not the weapon type chosen at character create) will no longer continue to give the stats of the equipped weapon with no basic abilities.
o Now all stats will be removed from equipped weapons for which you do not have the required trait.

Glad they fixed that, refused to run that daily till she started to drop stuff.

Heh I hate that I build a character I love the look of, but want to start it over because I picked the travel power that just doesn't feel right with the character

Nishastra

Banned
I really need to make and stick with a Controller of some kind. Every time I'm in an Alert, what we are badly missing is a Controller who actually plays as one. As a Healer it especially hurts, because in big battles I WILL run out of power at some point from needing to keep everyone alive.

So far I've been able to hang on, but I'd feel better having more blue bar :p

Then again, if I play a Controller... will we be missing a Healer? Everyone seems to want to be DPS or Tanks :p

Nishastra said:
I really need to make and stick with a Controller of some kind. Every time I'm in an Alert, what we are badly missing is a Controller who actually plays as one. As a Healer it especially hurts, because in big battles I WILL run out of power at some point from needing to keep everyone alive.

Then again, if I play a Controller... will we be missing a Healer? Everyone seems to want to be DPS or Tanks :p

It's harder to plan on in this game to be good at a specific task. Most players are no doubt aiming at the solo experience of making their character better which usually is focused on damage as default. Many people probably never even plan out their character when buying powers and such for the use in one of the alternate stances.

Nishastra said:

I have a controller type, but honestly not even sure what it would mean exactly to play it properly...

LiquidMetal14

On my, last night me and the friend who were having serious mic issues (on his side) FINALLY figured out the problem. It revolves around SIP ALG (or whatever the acronym is) data packets which routers may block. He had a d link and through a few changes through the VPN settins and enabling his gaming mode, we figured out the right configuration. Now, the other solution would be to disable your SIP firewall (shows up like this on Linksys routers). This is a more thorough diagnosis fix but it does work. And his issues were severe, his mic just wouldnt work. It's the only game that does this and we traced it to the Vivox chat protocol which DCU uses. So much research but the fruits laid bare in the end.

And to reconfirm, the voice channel creation DOES WORK in enabling your headset. And even if group chat does not work at first, entering a channel will work and then you can actually re-enter group chat and it works all of a sudden. So much trial and error but it paid off.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
WonkyPanda said:

o In this situation, you should have the same basic punching abilities that you get if you unequip your weapon.

o Purchasing the trait to grant access to that weapon type again will now restore those stats.
About time! ^_^

Nishastra

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
It's harder to plan on in this game to be good at a specific task. Most players are no doubt aiming at the solo experience of making their character better which usually is focused on damage as default. Many people probably never even plan out their character when buying powers and such for the use in one of the alternate stances.
Indeed. I don't really get anything specifically for one role or the other either, but function changes so much between roles that I hardly need to.

For example, did you know that Roar from Shapeshifting is actually an area heal in Healer mode? :p

Admittedly it doesn't even hint at this, but it is. Similarly, Savage Growth from Plants will give teammates regeneration for a while in Healer mode. Basically, anything I do other than use my rifle is useful to the whole team in Healer mode. And, really, it's useful to me solo too. Being able to heal means I'm better at staying alive.

Mercury Fred said:
I have a controller type, but honestly not even sure what it would mean exactly to play it properly...
Well, I don't know about "properly", but there are two things Controllers can do that other classes can't. They can restore Power to the team, and they can stun/debuff groups of enemies (pretty much anyone can stun single targets). Both of these are very helpful to a Healer, because heals end up being quite expensive to cast when they're really needed, and having enemies doing less also means less incoming damage and therefore less need to use heals :p

elwes

Ugh. Was running the Dr. Psycho challenge mode mission and they just did an emergency server shutdown. Was trying to finish it up before then, but didn't make it.

Boss had about 10% HP left. :mad:

I hit 30 last night and I really hope they add more end-game solo content. I get the fact that I'm now level 30 and they want me to use the skills and abilities I've gained working up to level cap to team up with others and do missions, but getting teams together in this game can be a pain. It wouldn't be so bad if PVP or Arenas ever friggin' worked. I sat in a queue for at least 2 hours just now and never got a notification.

LiquidMetal14

I can't post this on the official forums but if someone could post this possible solution on the boards that would be nice. I didn't explain it all eloquently but you get my point. ICPM (again, may be the wrong acronym) packets were being blocked by his router. The fix in my last post worked. If someone needs specific settings I will ask him for the main ones he made. In the end it only turned out to be 3 or 4 different option uncheckings or re-enablings. It works though!

LiquidMetal14

One more note of interest regarding voice chat on PS3. Some were saying you had to have the mic on but we tried it in game and were able to shut our mics off and turn them back on ingame and they repaired and worked. I will try this without having it on upon booting up the game to test if this works but it worked ingame last night. To do this you have to use the channel creation in the social link tab. make your channel then switch to it. Invite the user you want. Then you can go back and forth between any channel, including your group channel. Sorry this has to be split into separate posts but the PS3 wouldn't let me type it all in 1.

elwes said:
I hit 30 last night and I really hope they add more end-game solo content. I get the fact that I'm now level 30 and they want me to use the skills and abilities I've gained working up to level cap to team up with others and do missions, but getting teams together in this game can be a pain. It wouldn't be so bad if PVP or Arenas ever friggin' worked. I sat in a queue for at least 2 hours just now and never got a notification.

Well end game in pretty much all MMO's involves grouped content. Getting in a league is probably something you will want to do to help find groups to play the endgame stuff as grinding out the pvp and various lvl 30 instances is what you are going to mainly be doing.

elwes

BattleMonkey said:
Well end game in pretty much all MMO's involves grouped content. Getting in a league is probably something you will want to do to help find groups to play the endgame stuff as grinding out the pvp and various lvl 30 instances is what you are going to mainly be doing.

Is there a hero league on Zero Hour? It'd be cool to play with people that I know aren't d-bags.

Woo killed the last boss of Hall of Doom Armoury in under 2 mins. 2 Dps and 2 controllers, who needs tank/healers? Did the same with area 51 on hard and was around 3 minutes too slow for the speed feat, mega shame there. Doing that in 20 mins is kinda hard.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm still not sure how Ring War works. I went to the event and I guess it "started" because there were green and yellow lanterns to pick up all over the place. So I started doing that. Then one villain came by (there were about three heroes) and we killed him and I got +1 for my kill 5 villains achievements. And then it timed me out of PVP because I hadn't done PVP for 5 minutes (there were no more villains around) and there were no lanterns to pick up either. Weird.

GodofWine

I bought this...having never played an MMO, i can say I have no clue what all is going on, but having played God of War / Ninja Gaiden / etc, I like its game play....

Seems very cool...I have much to learn though.

How does voice chat in PS3 work? does it?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
AstroLad said:
I'm still not sure how Ring War works. I went to the event and I guess it "started" because there were green and yellow lanterns to pick up all over the place. So I started doing that. Then one villain came by (there were about three heroes) and we killed him and I got +1 for my kill 5 villains achievements. And then it timed me out of PVP because I hadn't done PVP for 5 minutes (there were no more villains around) and there were no lanterns to pick up either. Weird.
So basically the first side who picks up X number lanterns and lights them up wins the event. If you want to complete the daily ring war quest (Fear vs. Will) you have to participate during one of the Ring Wars and also defeat 5 enemy PC's. Sometimes a Ring War will be very lopsided and you'll win the event without killing 5 PC's. When that happens I think all you have to do is kill 5 enemy PC's anywhere in Metropolis to complete the daily quest.

LiquidMetal14

Dreohboy said:
I think you meant this.

It's funny how NON-PC specific sites are giving the game meh reviews because it's not WoW enough, yet this PC gaming site seems to get it.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the person that is reviewing the game though.
You're right. I don't care if this game scores a 2/10, this is much more like a solid 8.5. When everything is smoothed out, its a 9. It's just too good and fun.

LiquidMetal14

And this was very recently posted by a mod on the forums so those with voice chat issues, pass this along since they are listening.

RadarX said:
This is not entirely accurate. The game was created from the ground up with both platforms in mind.

We know you folks are frustrated and we are working on this as fast as possible. You may have noticed some downtime earlier today for hardware upgrades. Those are specifically for our Voice chat. Also to keep some of you from being frustrated because your chat isn't working but others are, we are having issues on some servers but not others. It's literally our top priority right now.

DCUO has me interested. Had a brief encounter with WoW after Cataclysm was released but the whole community seems to be about raiding/grinding. It simply didn't suit my casual gaming schedule. I also didn't like the "one and only" optimized spell rotation that made WoW fights routine.
Have been checking some reviews about it but they all seem to compare it to WoW, thus scoring it low.

Any word on when we indecisive will get a trial?

jogarrr

goldseller.png

:( Didn't take long.

Edit: WTF you can't use /ignore in this game? He's spamming nonstop and rendering chat unusable. Also, 10k for $10, I have 30k now.. Is money really in demand in this game?

Edit2: So you can ignore someone if you add them to your friends list first.

Varna

jogarrr said:
goldseller.png

Edit: WTF you can't use /ignore in this game? He's spamming nonstop and rendering chat unusable.

Money seems pretty useless unless you want to buy thousands of healing potions.

webrunner

jogarrr said:
goldseller.png

Edit: WTF you can't use /ignore in this game? He's spamming nonstop and rendering chat unusable.

But people have to know about the "Cheappest gold"

I mean, you usually can't even get gold in this game, and this guy is offering it cheapp!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Varna said:
Money seems pretty useless unless you want to buy thousands of healing potions.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm sitting on tons of money myself because I've barely spent any. Just for respeccing and buying a few styles, and none of those are very expensive.

Item repair costs get very expensive, in the earlier part of the game you tend to change gear often so you don't repair much, but when you stick with higher level gear you will have to repair it more frequent and the better the gear the more expensive it gets to repair. The teleport trinkets are the most expensive things it seems while the other good stuff you earn with other currencies.

If they ever implement an auction house into the game, money would become more important though.

Just hit level 30 and tried a few of the missions - managed to solo the final mentor mission, but then me and another guy got our asses kicked trying the harder version of the Supergirl/Dr Psycho mission, and then again trying to defeat the Brainiac Annihilators in Gotham. Any recommendations for where I should start with the level 30 stuff?

Top Bottom