• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Finished the Batcave raid tonight. Damn the Mobs have deadly CC in that place, pisses me off that I can't do anything about it (My Breakout skill, they do nothing!). First boss was an absolute pain due to the adds doing an imba stun on you, second boss cakewalk and the final boss hoho, its this games version of the "Four Horsemen" I suppose. Even with my 5700hp / 2K defence I had trouble tanking it at the start. Still, really fun. Shame that every boss dropped healer items, GAH! I want me a 98 dps weapon!

Dreohboy

It's wrong that I have man love for the character I created. I want this fucker on TV.

DreBladegood.jpg

Y-Z

ScheisseMinnelli said:
I just put the disk in my PS3 for the first time, and after inputting my game code and installing the updates, it now says, "Your hard disk drive is full" and won't let me progress any further. I have nothing on my 160gb hard drive what the heck :(

iDGoGl.jpg

Do you have a slim or a late fat, there seems to be some weird bug with replaced hdd's on them. There is a topic on neogaf on it.

Zeal

Banned
quick question.

is there anywhere i can get a superman emblem for my character's chest? created a superboy prime clone and really need this to complete the look. someone said you can get it only if you're tech inspired...? can't be right.

power is fire and combat is brawling.

thanks

taranatar

Hey everyone, don't suppose anyone has a spare 'Buddy Code' for the PC that could be thrown my way?

Really would like to give this a go =)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'm really starting to think the problem once reaching 30 is going to be just finding people to play with for specific instances.

ferr

Zeal said:
quick question.

is there anywhere i can get a superman emblem for my character's chest? created a superboy prime clone and really need this to complete the look. someone said you can get it only if you're tech inspired...? can't be right.

power is fire and combat is brawling.

thanks
Tech can get it from Steel's chest piece, and I think Meta can get it from Superman's chest piece. These are end game things (Tier1/2 gear). As far as just an emblem, haven't seen one.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
AstroLad said:
i'm really starting to think the problem once reaching 30 is going to be just finding people to play with for specific instances.
Yeah... I have a group that I usually roll with, but if they're not around I'm soloing or just brawling with random 30s in Gotham. (Heroes run Metropolis)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
whoo got into an 8v8 pvp i queued up about an hour ago. dunno wtf i was doing exacty but i killed like 10 dudes and only died twice and it was pretty fun

theta11

ChronicleX said:
Finished the Batcave raid tonight. Damn the Mobs have deadly CC in that place, pisses me off that I can't do anything about it (My Breakout skill, they do nothing!). First boss was an absolute pain due to the adds doing an imba stun on you, second boss cakewalk and the final boss hoho, its this games version of the "Four Horsemen" I suppose. Even with my 5700hp / 2K defence I had trouble tanking it at the start. Still, really fun. Shame that every boss dropped healer items, GAH! I want me a 98 dps weapon!

Any tips? when we tried we couldn't get past him due to people not being able to focus down the flashbang adds and wasting the bombs they drop when we did.

AstroLad said:

Its killing the game for me, theres only a certain amount of time I can sit there shouting 'anyone want to do duos/hard alerts?' in league chat and world channel before I just give up, the league I joined as well seems to have a group of people who always just play with each other and then the others cant be bothered to play with each other or its a struggle to get them all together.

I'll stick with it for now (I even made a second healer character just for a bit of diversity) but if it stays like this i'll just move on to Mass effect 2 or dead space 2...

theta11 said:
Any tips? when we tried we couldn't get past him due to people not being able to focus down the flashbang adds and wasting the bombs they drop when we did.

Well the key is to make sure everyone stops all dps on the boss second shield goes down (duh), and have the maintank kite the boss around the room with his ranged attack when this happens. Makesure the add with the Mark on its head is the DPS target as that is the one that will drop the bomb. The main problem with the boss is keeping the maintank alive and the adds off him. You need to be quick too as the boss gets stronger as time goes on and will start chaining 3K damage attacks towards the end.

The second boss is alot easier if you know how to "Not stand in the fire", the real kicker is the 3rd boss. If the first boss is causing you pain, wait till you see the 3rd.

Dead said:
Yep, still have yet to be able to access a single PVP area since I bought the game.

I'd question my connection, but Ive been getting into alerts and playing the game itself just fine...

I think the queue system is really messed up in general as the wait times make no sense.

Nishastra

Banned
There's some really weird stuff in the Vault. Today I got a Bizarro baseball cap.

I've come to the conclusion that I just like being a healer in this, which is weird. I normally hate playing healers, but for some reason it just works for me in this game.

Similarly, I won't touch PvP with a ten foot pole in other MMOs, but some days it's pretty much all I do in this one.

I can't really explain it :p

FredFish

Having fairly reliable mic chat on PS3 after the patch is a pretty big deal. Entertaining banter can transform a potentially rage inducing bugged out instance into a tolerable experience. Like last night with the Green Lantern fight at JSA and the door lock-out...hello Bajan and Penumbra ;) "Community" should gain some momentum now which should make an already fun game even more so

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nishastra said:
There's some really weird stuff in the Vault. Today I got a Bizarro baseball cap.

I've come to the conclusion that I just like being a healer in this, which is weird. I normally hate playing healers, but for some reason it just works for me in this game.

Similarly, I won't touch PvP with a ten foot pole in other MMOs, but some days it's pretty much all I do in this one.

I can't really explain it :p
Yeah Healer is really underrated in this game. There are so few and everyone likes to DPS. So you'll go into an alert and have like 2 DPS and one Controller and you're pretty much fucked at the outset. We just did Bludhaven with two L30s but we really needed our L23 Healer especially since we only had 3. Really gutted our way through that one. I think two Contollers and two Healers would even work there.

I really wanna do the Containment Facility instances in the Watchtower but I can't ever find anyone else to do them and you can't queue up for them or anything. Beh.

Axiom

I've kind of given up, both my hero and villain are tanks and it's just no fun tanking for people. It's hard to learn when you're just dealing with pugs who don't talk and run off to die.

I might roll a healer but there's such a barrier to communication in this game, and there's such a lack of feedback to what you're dealing right and wrong.

I was really, really enjoying this for a while, I didn't think twice about cancelling WoW even though there I actually have people to talk to.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah when we did Bludhaven the guys at first ran in and died. Then I did type chat out instructions about how we need to stick together, L23 healer needs to stay back, etc. Basically typed out instructions for each section and that was how we won. Was actually pretty nice because everyone worked together really well.

I might make a healer for my Hero when I get around too it, it sounds like they are in demand and best way to get into groups quick is by being one of the few healers around :p

Foxix Von

FredFish said:
Having fairly reliable mic chat on PS3 after the patch is a pretty big deal. Entertaining banter can transform a potentially rage inducing bugged out instance into a tolerable experience. Like last night with the Green Lantern fight at JSA and the door lock-out...hello Bajan and Penumbra ;) "Community" should gain some momentum now which should make an already fun game even more so

For anyone not in on the action, the door locked Bajan in while fighting the original Green Lanter, leaving me and Fred over there locked out and trying to spam hots and dots from the other side of the door. We'd run out of power and it came down to me running around in circles trying to get the game to recognize I'm out of combat and regenerate my power with FredFish berating the door like he's trying to win something. Of course every once in a while we'd crawl up the wall and peek through the window to keep an eye on how badly Bajan was getting his pants beat off him.

Then any time Bajan would get enough power to regenerate our power and we could spam our crap again. Rinse and repeate!

It took SOOOOOO LOOOONG but he finally pulled through!

barely

Sanjuro

Added myself to the PS3 database for Killing Joke. Also, ordered myself one of those cheap USB sound cards on eBay for some voice chat...starting to drive me nuts.

I'm torn between wanting to play with folks on Redemption and Killing Joke so I'm keeping both and popping back and forth.

Playing Kid Chloro (staff/plant healer) now on Redemption.

Foxix Von

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Added myself to the PS3 database for Killing Joke. Also, ordered myself one of those cheap USB sound cards on eBay for some voice chat...starting to drive me nuts.

Looked you up on the list, if your game we've got a villain league going. Add us guys: Enchantress, Verdandi, Penumbra, and Redeyez to your friends list and when you see us pop on send us a tell and we'll invite ya!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I went in and friended everyone on Zero Hour. If you are on there feel free to add me: AstroLad, Hero, Controller (L30, but welcome play w/ any level)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Leunam said:
AstroLad, are you doing gadgets? What do you do to increase the effectiveness of Defibrillator?
Sorry I'm Superman/Mental/Hand Blast/Flight

Along those lines though I still don't think Psychic Empowerment works. Tried it a couple times and nothing. It doesn't even look like the animation completes; it's weird.

The PVP queue's are working today at least, keep getting into matches almost instantly so thats good.

Really loving the power to reflect damage back in PVP, really cranks up the amount of damage you deal when your opponent is hitting himself and you're blasting away at them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Basically when I get in I just get into every queue possible and then walk around fighting bosses. Duos are the fastest, usually 1-15m. Followed by Alerts (15-45). Then regular PVP (30-60). Then Legends PVP (? Only done it once frankly I like the regular PVP way better anyway.)

Fitz

jogarrr said:
I'm liking the druid set :) (still missing the waist though..)
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/jogarrr/DCUO/druid.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh shit, the leggings are a dress? I've been going after the druid set myself but am missing the lower half at the moment, not too bothered any more. But I'm with you on liking the rest, the torso and belt pieces are especially cool.

Nishastra

Banned
Raven dropped her hood when I beat her down on my newest character. Sadly, it doesn't come with the shadowed eyes, but it's awesome anyway :p

Hex

Banned
Downloading now.
Went with PC version, the lifetime membership just made it the most cost efficient way to go if I really decide to stay with the game.
Can anyone suggest a non 360 gamepad to pick up for this?
I want to use dual shock 3 but do not feel like dealing with the driver signing stupidity, I just want something that I can plug in and go.

Ok finished the other raid. Its harder at the start as the mobs NEVER stop spawning and you need to focus dps on water keepers or something, but after that part its really easy. Bosses rather simplistic and any deaths you could just run in and be back to the boss in moments since the whole place is outdoors. However the last boss is rather epic and fun. Shame it is alot easier than it should be because the dead people can just run back in, this fight would be tough as hell if the door closed. Room full of lighting balls that 1 shot everyone that home in on you? Yeah.......

Hex said:
I want to use dual shock 3 but do not feel like dealing with the driver signing stupidity, I just want something that I can plug in and go.

The latest motion joy has the drivers signed due to its popularity. Its just plug + play now.

ChronicleX said:

The latest motion joy has the drivers signed due to its popularity. Its just plug + play now.

Seriously? I pulled out my hair a few months back trying to get them to work with the DCUO beta.

Have a link to the correct drivers?

Hex

Banned
ChronicleX said:

It never finds my controller, it always says "waiting for controller to be connected"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Logging back in on Redemption. I'd like to try out some groups. (more like need help on Harley Quinn)

OneStar hero Controller

Lonestar said:
Logging back in on Redemption. I'd like to try out some groups. (more like need help on Harley Quinn)

OneStar hero Controller

I friended you (and others) on Redemption. Rerolled a Nature Healer and only lvl10 but we could team up and do wonderful things! Every healer needs a power battery! <3

Chara name: Kid Chloro

eznark

Banned
Bought and installing....so pumped!

Or I was an hour ago. 12% later and I'm a touch less enthused. damn you Sony infrastructure

krypt0nian said:
I friended you (and others) on Redemption. Rerolled a Nature Healer and only lvl10 but we could team up and do wonderful things! Every healer needs a power battery! <3

Oh man, I'm stuck on Harley too and on Redemption. Boo, I want to tell my friend not to come over so we can run the level :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
krypt0nian said:

I'm at 12. Let me know when you're on. In metropolis at the moment.

Wag

What's a better character name:

Yellow Lightning?

or

Brown Thunder?

(Trying to make the most offensive, non-PC character I can and still get by the censors)

That would be one battle I'd like to see..;)

Something else I';m noticing, unlike all the other MMOs I've played, I don't mind re-rolling new charas and playing the missions again.

It's because the combat system is so damn fun. It's really a pleasure to do the Scarecrow mission et al over and over.

Anyone else of this opinion?

Top Bottom