• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Finally got around to trying Psychic Empowerment post patch and it works! Not sure about the PC version, but it definitely works on PS3.

Might have posted that a bit premature. It seems like it works fine when you're grouped with one person, but when you join a full 4 person group it craps out and stops restoring power. : /

I'll mess around with it more on Monday.

Foxix Von

Wag said:
What's a better character name:

Yellow Lightning?

or

Brown Thunder?

(Trying to make the most offensive, non-PC character I can and still get by the censors)

That would be one battle I'd like to see..;)
Brown Thunder, without a doubt in my mind.

krypt0nian said:
Something else I';m noticing, unlike all the other MMOs I've played, I don't mind re-rolling new charas and playing the missions again.

It's because the combat system is so damn fun. It's really a pleasure to do the Scarecrow mission et al over and over.

Anyone else of this opinion?

Yea it's the one thing that is going to keep me going even though you can max out a character pretty quick in this. It lets a person make lot of characters quick unlike other MMO's where starting a new character just is a huge slog

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I can't type in \tell kid chloro. Just says player kid not created

Just saw IGN's review gave DCUO a 7.0. What are the other reviews like? I know reviews are difficult for MMO's, but I'm interested to see what the scores are like anyway.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
what do those little red icons mean next to alerts and duos and stuff that you've completed? sometimes they have a lock too

Killthee

eznark said:
93%!

Are the servers in the OP still the ones GAF is using? PS3/US here
Yup. We also got a small villain legion over at the Killing Joke if you want to join. Friend (type "/friend name" in game) the following people Enchantress, Verdandi, Penumbra, and Redeyez. When you see one of us pop online send us a tell asking for an invite ("/t name").

AstroLad said:
what do those little red icons mean next to alerts and duos and stuff that you've completed? sometimes they have a lock too
Some instances only hand out rewards once a day (Duos & the Vault; star alerts too i think). The red icon appears when you've completed the daily for the day; If you repeat the instance on the same day/while the icon is visible, you wont get any rewards for it.

ReiGun

Being snowed in this week with nothing to do = level 30! :) Thoughts on my journey (playing on ps3 redemption. Char named Blue Spirit. Ill upload a pic later (on my phone now)):

-Lex Corp security guards, Atlantieans, and clowns can all kiss the darkest part of my black ass. Of all the enemies I faced, these groups were the worst. Actually, throw those OMAC things in there too.

-Wonder Woman is an awesome motivational speaker. She always made me sound so awesome in her mission briefings. Speaking of, the magic missions were my favorites. Best mentor ever.

-Why didn't anyone warn me about Oolong island? That was awful. Lol Chang Tzu ripped me and the dudes I was playing with a whole new asshole. We had to reset like three times. Still need to do Bludhaven.

-why do all the shops have such terrible gear?

-Sorcery + hand blast is incredible. So happy I respeced from dual wield.

I love this game.

Wallach

I might grab this game this weekend. I enjoyed the beta but got caught up and didn't carry through on my plans to play it live.

Where are most folks on the PC side playing?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wallach said:
I might grab this game this weekend. I enjoyed the beta but got caught up and didn't carry through on my plans to play it live.

i am on zero hour pve hero

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Killthee said:
Some instances only hand out rewards once a day (Duos & the Vault; star alerts too i think). The red icon appears when you've completed the daily for the day; If you repeat the instance on the same day/while the icon is visible, you wont get any rewards for it.
Thanks; is it only the ones with stars next to them that give rewards? And the other ones don't? Wasn't sure what the stars meant vs. just the regular ones.

Nightz

eznark said:
Awesome . Just got out of the start zone. How do I make it so equipped gear doesn't show over my preset?
Go to the style tab in the menu. There's an option to lock down your gear so the preset always shows up.

Killthee

AstroLad said:
Thanks; is it only the ones with stars next to them that give rewards? And the other ones don't? Wasn't sure what the stars meant vs. just the regular ones.
No, they all hand out rewards at level 30. Duos hand out 2 Marks of Triumph (T1 PvE iconic armor), Hard Alerts hand out 1 Mark of Triumph per boss, Raids hand out 1 Mark of Distinction (T2 PvE iconic armor) per boss, while Arena/Legends hand out 2 or 1 Marks of Victory (PvP iconic armor/PvP weapons from the Ring Wars Vendor) and 2 or 1 Marks of Legend (Iconic simulator data) depending on whether you win or lose.

The star next to some instances just means that the instance is the star attraction for the day and if you complete it you'll get an extra Mark of Distinction. This reward is handed out once per day for every star instance.

The Vault is another daily, you can only enter it once per day and after you do the red lock will appear. Duos/Hard alerts are also dailies, the red icon will appear every day after completing the instance for the first time that day. I've also heard if you repeat them the bosses wont drop loot and you wont get the Marks of Triumph but I've personally never repeated them. Arena/Legends aren't dailies and you'll earn the regular marks every time you complete them, but you won't get Marks of Distinction for repeating starred instance.

ferr said:
/tell "kid chloro"
put multi-word names in quotes.

Ah cheers!

Heads up alert: PS3 Redemption PVE now has a GAF guild named "GAF United"

/tell Kid Chloro, OneStar, EspressoJonze, or Nightz for an invite.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Killthee said:
No, they all hand out rewards at level 30. Duos hand out 2 Marks of Triumph (T1 PvE iconic armor), Hard Alerts hand out 1 Mark of Triumph per boss, Raids hand out 1 Mark of Distinction (T2 PvE iconic armor) per boss, while Arena/Legends hand out 2 or 1 Marks of Victory (PvP iconic armor/PvP weapons from the Ring Wars Vendor) and 2 or 1 Marks of Legend (Iconic simulator data) depending on whether you win or lose.

The star next to some instances just means that the instance is the star attraction for the day and if you complete it you'll get an extra Mark of Distinction. This reward is handed out once per day for every star instance.

The Vault is another daily, you can only enter it once per day and after you do the red lock will appear. Duos/Hard alerts are also dailies, the red icon will appear every day after completing the instance for the first time that day. I've also heard if you repeat them the bosses wont drop loot and you wont get the Marks of Triumph but I've personally never repeated them. Arena/Legends aren't dailies and you'll earn the regular marks every time you complete them, but you won't get Marks of Distinction for repeating starred instance.
Perfect, thanks for the info.

Wallach said:

Death & Glory for me.

elwes

AstroLad said:
yeah would be cool to play with a gaffer or two haven't been able to find a single one. my dude's name is astrolad if you want to add

I haven't been online the last two days, but when my work week ends (I work third shift Fri-Mon), I'll be back online in the evenings to early mornings. I'll hit you up. (character name: Kahlan)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
krypt0nian said:
Ah cheers!

Heads up alert: PS3 Redemption PVE now has a GAF guild named "GAF United"

/tell Kid Chloro, OneStar, EspressoJonze, or Nightz for an invite.

You managed to get Nightz to join?! He Declined me :p

Wag said:
(Trying to make the most offensive, non-PC character I can and still get by the censors)

There is a league on Bloodstorm called "Crunt Hunt". Trust me you can be as offensive as you want and they'll do nothing about it provided you add something to throw the sensor off. For example "Harry Mangina"

Nishastra

Banned
Man oh man. Nothing beats a match where the enemies seem to have no clue how the game type works.

Batcave match. King of the Hill. Not for one second during the entire match did the either of the other players stand on the point. My first ever perfect match, 1000 to 0.

I don't know what they were doing. They seemed to understand the match otherwise, and were always sending out the damned spider drones, but they made no attempt to actually achieve anything.

Fitz

That really is great, had pretty much the same thing happen to me just now, same Arena. I started on my own and was thinking "oh great, just going to get double-teamed" but the two Harley's didn't have a clue, they just kept coming at me one at a time whilst I had both turrets up, then about half way through a Huntress joined me and it was all over.

Nice runs last night with krypt and Lonestar (back to back Harley Quinn missions, why not?). I'm going to try to hop on again later.

AstroLad said:
To be fair the game does a pretty shit job of explaining anything.
Co-sign.

Varna

Haven't visited the thread in a while. Is there anyone else who wanted an invite to the hero guild on Death & Glory?

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
So is there some kind of reward for winning pvp arena matches? Do you get extra anything?
You get double the rewards for winning.

+1 Influence for every kill your team makes (I think you have to participate in the kill to get the point but I'm not sure. Applies to winners and losers.)
+25 Influence at the end of a round if you lose
+50 Influence if you win

+1 Mark of Legend for losing (not sure if this only applies to lv 30 arenas)
+2 Mark of Legend for winning (same as above)

+1 Mark of Victory for losing (lv 30 only)
+2 Mark of Victory for winning (lv 30 only)

Nishastra

Banned
Controller options aren't in-game. On the loader, click "Options" in the upper left and then launch the Game Settings Tool. That's where you set up a controller.

Suzzopher

My initial download on PS3 is taking forever. Is this normal? I have only got 14% downloaded in over three hours. I thought it was my connection but I managed to download other things today with no problems. Can I quit the download and continue where it leaves off, like in the beta?

berva

Neo Member
PS3 initial download took me exactly 3 hours. So it does seem to be taking you a while.

Overall it took my like 4 hours to get started on day 1. Worth the wait though, loving this game thus far.

Ignignort

Suzzopher said:
My initial download on PS3 is taking forever. Is this normal? I have only got 14% downloaded in over three hours. I thought it was my connection but I managed to download other things today with no problems. Can I quit the download and continue where it leaves off, like in the beta?

Pretty sure its where the green bar is, that's where you can resume from.

My install took about 2 hours from installing to playing, this was downloading from Australia as well.

Zeal

Banned
i'm still loving this game, man. playing with my wife on zero hour PVE PC server. you really feel like you're in a fully realized, superhero world. tons of iconic characters to interact with (or hunt down), and the classic powers, like heat ray and freeze breath, are something everyone's always wanted to use in a game :]

also loving the fact that combat is fast and intense. just tried out my first instance, Area 51, and it was a blast. i really hope SOE sticks with this game and continues with regular updates and expansions, cause they've got a winner here.

definitely my new MMO.

Nishastra

Banned
There's some kind of bug that causes your weapon to become enormous. I first saw it on my 2H character straight out of character creation, and thus thought that 2H weapons were SUPPOSED to be enormous.

However, now it happened on my rifle character, where it's considerably less cool :p

Anything other than long-barreled rifles now look ludicrous in my character's hands. Hopefully there's some way to fix this.

Top Bottom