• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

I assume death penalty of taking item damage does not happen while you are in an instance? I was running an alert and got knocked out several times yet never had a notification pop up that my shit was breaking, but as soon as I went back to the regular world the notification popped up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BattleMonkey said:
I assume death penalty of taking item damage does not happen while you are in an instance? I was running an alert and got knocked out several times yet never had a notification pop up that my shit was breaking, but as soon as I went back to the regular world the notification popped up.
I've had the broken weapon notification in an alert. Think it was my first alert actually before I knew about how weapon damage worked. I've also seen stuff get damaged too so I think it generally works normally in alerts.

Nishastra

Banned
Ouch. The Master Acrobat challenge at the Pillars of Hell is... insane. The pillars are very not flat, so you can pretty much never grapple up them, and you have to make really tight turns onto small platforms high in the sky, so one mistake means you might be done :p

Lonestar said:
Might be a headset. I think Mercury has a headset, and I could hear him throughout the world. Do you have a Cat, Merc? Thought I heard one :lol
Ha, yes!

I had the headset on in case I ended up playing with anyone. I didn't realize that the sound must automatically go to league members who are signed on. Sorry!

eznark

Banned
Mercury Fred said:
Ha, yes!

I had the headset on in case I ended up playing with anyone. I didn't realize that the sound must automatically go to league members who are signed on. Sorry!

Hm, maybe I was hearing your game audio! That's kind of how it sounded, muffled noises from a different area.

Dreohboy

LOL....I was listening to some guys wife bitchin' about how her friend didn't want her to invite herself to this movie they were going to.

MUTE YOUR DAMN PHONE LEAGUE MEMBERS!!!!!

So yeah, the end of the first month is almost at hand and I highly doubt I'll be renewing (it was a fun little ride - nothing I want to stick around for, though). How do I ensure that I won't be autorenewed for the next month? I remember the game telling me that I need to opt out of autorenew when I first entered my Online Code. I checked the Account Management section of PSN but didn't find anything..

darkwing

Revolutionary said:
So yeah, the end of the first month is almost at hand and I highly doubt I'll be renewing (it was a fun little ride - nothing I want to stick around for, though). How do I ensure that I won't be autorenewed for the next month? I remember the game telling me that I need to opt out of autorenew when I first entered my Online Code. I checked the Account Management section of PSN but didn't find anything..

its under Services or something like that

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
IMG_20110130_203724.jpg

I chuckled at this

IMG_20110130_195443.jpg

My Character standing over Dead Batman. Joker Got him...well, his Thugs anyway.

Zeal

Banned
anyone canceling after the first free month is pussying out. this game has tons of potential and is already extremely polished.

eznark

Banned
Zeal said:
anyone canceling after the first free month is pussying out. this game has tons of potential and is already extremely polished.

Ok. If I was at thirty and running out of shit to do I would probably cancel as well. I'm not going to pay for potential. If I plow through the game in my first month and find myself bored in March, I'll let it lapse and pick up my account when they add more content.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Zeal said:
yeah i'm sticking with it for at least another month. i bitch a lot in here about the terrible documentation/explanation and the lack of gaffers on the pc side but i will state the good points that are keeping me going for minimum one more month

-combat is fun as hell. i'm looking forward to getting maxed out on another weapon just to mix things up but right now i'm loving my hand blasters + levitation powers. combine this with my controller abilities and it's very easy for me to stay above the fray and cause significant damage. this goes for both pvp and pve

-graphics are quite nice on pc. the framerate at 120 vs. 30 is just a world of difference for a game like this.

-customization options are really good. i've stayed with my low-key guy even as i've gotten tons of new stuff but again you see such an amazing variety of heroes and villains out there that speaks for itself.

-all the modes are pretty fun. yes you can get stuck with a dumb team on 8v8 but with even a decent team it's awesome. duos i've had a lot of success on. maybe 1/8 times i get a bad partner. alerts are fun too. this one is hit or miss as to the team because they can be quite tough. there really is a lack of healers in this game so it's not about bad teammates as more about sometimes getting matched up with people whose characters just aren't ready for the challenge.

-the tiered armor is a good goal to shoot for. won't take that long to get it but it will definitely take me a few weeks which is nice. even nicer right now i'm sporting just L30 armor and i never feel outgunned in PVP so that's great.

oktarb

Things I would change, not huge things like "crafting":

- Automatically pick up all dropped loot. drop having to press buttons.

- Don't make soda cans a required slot. I'm a healer, I don't use soda cans for health yet they take up a slot no matter what.

- Drop the redeem cart from the menu

- One super charge timer per power category. If I pop my supercharge healing it shouldn't also drain my iconic power one.

- Fix the Clay Face area. way too many hard core game freezing issues.

- More of an impact for helping/hurting the random people in the world.

- Have a way to go to the HQ that is not via a police station. Having to zone into a policy station walk a 100 feet and zone again is just tedious. Yes I know about the warp button.

- Fix the flying animation that makes it look like your floating up on your butt when flying away from an enemy that's shooting at you.

- Make the tutorial skippable.

- A way to abandon quests.

- A way to set your default chat mode so I don't have to type /shout every time. if there is a way please let me know.

This game and Dead Space 2 have me in nirvana.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
oktarb said:
Things I would change, not huge things like "crafting":

- Automatically pick up all dropped loot. drop having to press buttons.

- Don't make soda cans a required slot. I'm a healer, I don't use soda cans for health yet they take up a slot no matter what.

- Drop the redeem cart from the menu

- One super charge timer per power category. If I pop my supercharge healing it shouldn't also drain my iconic power one.

- Fix the Clay Face area. way too many hard core game freezing issues.

- More of an impact for helping/hurting the random people in the world.

- Have a way to go to the HQ that is not via a police station. Having to zone into a policy station walk a 100 feet and zone again is just tedious. Yes I know about the warp button.

- Fix the flying animation that makes it look like your floating up on your butt when flying away from an enemy that's shooting at you.

- Make the tutorial skippable.

- A way to abandon quests.

- A way to set your default chat mode so I don't have to type /shout every time. if there is a way please let me know.

This game and Dead Space 2 have me in nirvana.

That the one in Special Crimes Unit's Station? That frustrated me, so I left the area to google about it. Only to have Clayface come after me. So I quickly flew from my spot back into the main room, and flipped the switch with no problem :D

Zeal said:
I have three 30's - I know what the endgame is about. Gear grinds aren't for me. Like I said, it was a fun ride - I enjoyed the story and questlines (and the hero/villain variants of each), and I loved the combat. But I have absolutely ZERO interest in doing raids/alerts/whatever the fuck you want to call them over and over to get some 1337 gear for PvP'ing or even more raiding.

Thanks but no thanks.

Not to mention, I have a plethora of other games to play/finish.

...and lastly, I was mistaken with the release date. For some reason I thought the game was released on the 4th, not the 11th. Okay, I have one more week then!

oktarb

Lonestar said:
That the one in Special Crimes Unit's Station? That frustrated me, so I left the area to google about it. Only to have Clayface come after me. So I quickly flew from my spot back into the main room, and flipped the switch with no problem :D

I mean the open world one where you get the Wanted Poster for Clay face.

He's disguised as a random mob.

Flying around that area hunting him my PS3 hard froze 6 times. Other have complained about the same issue.

Nishastra

Banned
The quest log definitely needs some kind of overhaul. Having just hit 30, I now have approximately 450 billion quests in no particular order.

.GqueB.

Banned
I googled and surprisingly this isnt coming up.

But is anyone else having issues with the gorilla island alert? Ive tried twice now and when I get to the last section, we get half way through and the whole thing just resets. The initial cut scene plays and the boss is back at full power. Am I missing something here?

Zeal said:
I know I am. I like this game quite a bit but Im also trying to be more productive and this would only prevent that. Its a little to expensive. At $14 a month, I would feel required to play it so I would do so, even when Im not supposed to. So when I AM playing, Id feel like shit because I was wasting time and if Im NOT playing Id feel like shit because Im wasting money. So either way the whole experience wouldnt be very fun for me.

Will cancel.

Foxix Von

Nishastra said:
The quest log definitely needs some kind of overhaul. Having just hit 30, I now have approximately 450 billion quests in no particular order.

Welcome to the club, haha.

Some sort of filtering options would definitely nice, preferably the ability to sort by factions (rogues, cult of trigon, etc) solo content, raids, yadda yadda

As they keep adding content and dailies it's gonna get super crowded.

Jube3

Nishastra said:
Also, super strength is a hell of a lot of fun. It's very satisfying to pick up a car and one-shot something with it :p

Yea so is mental, its random when it works but nothing like throwing a bus at someone. Or my favorite throwing my buddys Meteor at someone haha.

If they fix the looking for group tool (which is the easiest thing to fix, ever.) so that i dont join empty alerts, duos, ect. that are over an hour old, then i will probably stick with it for at least another month. Otherwise it is pointless to pay because alerts, duos and pvp are the only things to do at 30.

MrMephistoX

Sorry if it's been asked before but would my free month subscription on PS3 carry over to the PC version if I were to get that version instead?

Fitz

MrMephistoX said:
Sorry if it's been asked before but would my free month subscription on PS3 carry over to the PC version if I were to get that version instead?

Almost certain that it wouldn't, due to PS3 players paying via PSN and PC paying through Station Accounts.

Is anyone having character creation issues? I've tried about three times this morning but it always gets stuck on the loading screen when I try to leave Braniac's ship tutorial. Restarting it just takes me back to the start of the tutorial. I've raised a support ticket but it's pretty annoying. I can still get into my main though, which is weird.

Hex

Banned
Ok, the gf wants to play now so is anywhere running any specials on the pc version?
I got mine digitally from Amazon for 47 but is anywhere cheaper?

Edit: Christ 47 in log in queue

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Today was the first time I had zero voice chat issues on the PS3 version. League text and voice chat were both working, Group voice chat was also working, the mute button on my mic was finally working in game, and the game was even able to recognize my mic when I turned it on midgame.

MisterAnderson said:
Sorry, should have specified: PC
http://goo.gl/E70tz

I think the game is falling apart.

First I couldn't leave the tutorial, now I can't enter the watchtower or enter police stations. Seems it's a huge problem on the forums. SOE is telling us all to submit a ticket with details (a server restart didn't fix it) and now even the submission form is broken. :lol

I am so ridiculously on the edge about getting this. I haven't gotten into an MMO since PSO and Champions Online kind of burned me but the combat looks fun and I just got my tax return damnit.

EDIT: Fuck it. I just bought it.

hermit7

lastplayed said:
I think the game is falling apart.

First I couldn't leave the tutorial, now I can't enter the watchtower or enter police stations. Seems it's a huge problem on the forums. SOE is telling us all to submit a ticket with details (a server restart didn't fix it) and now even the submission form is broken. :lol

PC or PS? I wasn't having any issues what so ever today.

Played a good amount of alerts, and duos as well.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game (PS3) has zero resale value, right? Because of the activation code?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
eznark said:
I'll do both hopefully.

Is there an easy way to find safe houses?
Bring up your Map (press the letter M if you have a keyboard) -> press Triangle to close the district/nearby landmarks list-> Select the city -> All 3 safe houses should be listed under the city, if you select one a green waymarker will appear in your minimap guiding you to it.

Alternatively you can climb/run the highest building near your or just fly up and then look for the green spotlight.

Effect

The Hive Moon Base Alert is so annoying. Totally can't be done without a healer (ours lost connection during the fight so we kept going and got to the end) and to top it off the force field doesn't let anyone back in if they die. Lasted the longest and it was pretty much a last stand with me being swarmed. Going full controller though was interesting. Especailly the shield abilities I have to use.

I have noticed something and I wonder if someone else can confirm this. The villain and hero mission take place in particular order. Villains first and then the hero one takes place storyline wise. I saw this with the Supergirl and Meta Hospital mission. Is this the case with all the missions?

HooYaH

The PC servers are having logging problems today. SOE has no clue what's wrong other then submitting tickets according to the official forums.

Top Bottom