• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

hermit7

Chauncy Talon said:
I just picked my copy up. I hope that this game don't take forever to install.

The install isn't too bad, but there is a 2 gig patch that needs to be downloaded, probably a couple hours.

hermit7 said:
The install isn't too bad, but there is a 2 gig patch that needs to be downloaded, probably a couple hours.

WOW. How is the level grinding? I didn't have to do that much while playing the beta. Is the cap at 20 or 30?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nightz said:
So for the guys in the Redemption hero GAF league: Are you guys going to be switching to Killing Joke?

Made one guy, same name: OneStar

Already annoyed to get killed by level 30 players while I'm level 4

hermit7

Chauncy Talon said:
WOW. How is the level grinding? I didn't have to do that much while playing the beta. Is the cap at 20 or 30?

It is 30, but honestly it is not too bad. I have 2 level 30 characters and they were both leveled in about a weekend.

It is not too onerous.

Leunam

eznark said:
I can't find the console in the central hub of the watchtower anywhere. Damn but the minimal is ass

Minimap

Console? Do you mean the investigation thing Huntress sends you on?

Chauncy Talon said:

The quests themselves aren't too bad, but I find the boss fights a bit grinding. They're basically the same fight all the time, and consist of the same routine of getting them down to a certain percent, then they change form or possess someone, then it's back to 100%, then grind them down to another percentage, then they repeat the process, then grind them down once again, and if you're really lucky they'll repeat the process again!

/end rant

I still enjoy it though. :D

I think that us Redemption guys need to give Killing Joke a real shot. Sure there's some lv30 ganking, but to me the world feels so alive and has the human feel you can't get by just grinding the awesome PVE content all the time.

I've been PVP flagging on Redemption but so far nothing. I cannot stand just flying past the bad guys in open world and not being able to bring the pain.

If we stick together, we'll be fine. Plus there's a nice GAF villain contingency, so that should be fun too.

GuitarAtomik said:
:/ I just bought it off Steam. Anyone know what the most GAF populated server is on PC?

Zero Hour is the PVE, and Death & Glory is the PVP. I have a feeling the PVP side is more populated maybe.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
krypt0nian said:
I think that us Redemption guys need to give Killing Joke a real shot. Sure there's some lv30 ganking, but to me the world feels so alive and has the human feel you can't get by just grinding the awesome PVE content all the time.

I've been PVP flagging on Redemption but so far nothing. I cannot stand just flying past the bad guys in open world and not being able to bring the pain.

If we stick together, we'll be fine. Plus there's a nice GAF villain contingency, so that should be fun too.
I hate PvP but sure, why not. I'm bored out of my mind on the PvE server.

I'll get on KJ tomorrow.

lastplayed said:
The quests themselves aren't too bad, but I find the boss fights a bit grinding. They're basically the same fight all the time, and consist of the same routine of getting them down to a certain percent, then they change form or possess someone, then it's back to 100%, then grind them down to another percentage, then they repeat the process, then grind them down once again, and if you're really lucky they'll repeat the process again!

/end rant

Well grinding generally is more in line with experience gain and leveling up, not really battles. Most boss battles are quick outside of alerts and raids which require team work and a whole lot of time.

For all the MMO's i've tried, DCUO requires the least

Zeal

Banned
this game is not about grinding. as a matter of fact, it does not want you to grind at all, as enemies, especially in the lower level ranges, only offer a few XPs (2-5), whereas quests offer hundreds. quests are easy, fun, and the animated motion comics you get after completing each mini-instance are awesome.

questing also gives you really good gear for a chance, too. more than enough to progress fairly easily. this game doesn't force you to que up for instances.

Jas

krypt0nian said:

I'm going to make a villain on Killing Joke in the next day or 2. Haven't had the chance to try a PvP server yet.

lastplayed said:

/end rant

Thanks. I'm about to install this game. I wanted a game that I can play since I went back to school. I'm not a PC Gamer. I can't stand it and my PC need a better graphics card.

Dynamic3

Not sure if I still want to keep this, I'm having a hard time dealing with the lag.

How do I cancel my membership on the PS3 if I decide to?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dynamic3 said:
Not sure if I still want to keep this, I'm having a hard time dealing with the lag.

How do I cancel my membership on the PS3 if I decide to?
Go to the PSN Account Management site -> View Services -> DC Universe Online -> click on your subscription plan -> Cancel Automatic Renewal

You can also do this on your PS3 by logging in -> Account Management under the PSN icon in the XMB -> Transaction Management -> Services List -> DC Universe Online -> click on your subscription plan -> Cancel Automatic Renewal

hermit7

krypt0nian said:
We're going Hero but GAF definitely has an strong Villian presence on KJ.

Ya we have probably 12 people in our league.

I have a lvl 30 tank hero on KJ as well if you guys need help ever.

jogarrr

Effect said:
The Hive Moon Base Alert is so annoying. Totally can't be done without a healer

The best part about playing as a healer is always having a healer in your group :)

-
For you guys rerolling on The Killing Joke(PS3), I'm tempted to join you. I've been thinking about rolling a new character.. Not sure what I'd play as though, are any powersets underrepresented in the league?

hermit7

jogarrr said:
The best part about playing as a healer is always having a healer in your group :)

A lot of time I enter alerts as DPS, but really I am specced for healing. It makes alerts a breeze when you can do some emergency group heals.

Is there a Death and Glory Villain League? If so, I would like an invite or the names of the people to get in contact with in the game. My villain is Reptillian X.

jogarrr

hermit7 said:
A lot of time I enter alerts as DPS, but really I am specced for healing. It makes alerts a breeze when you can do some emergency group heals.

That's true. I usually end up playing as DPS in duos because the game loves pairing me up with another healer, even when I only choose healer role when entering the queue. I guess that's one of the great things about the dual role system this game uses.

Nightz

jogarrr said:
For you guys rerolling on The Killing Joke(PS3), I'm tempted to join you. I've been thinking about rolling a new character.. Not sure what I'd play as though, are any powersets underrepresented in the league?
I'd like to know this as well. I like being a support guy, but don't know if I should go with a controller or a healer. Leaning towards healer, but it depends on what the other guys are rolling with. Ideally we should have a good mix of classes so that we can have some good groups.

hermit7

Nightz said:
I'd like to know this as well. I like being a support guy, but don't know if I should go with a controller or a healer. Leaning towards healer, but it depends on what the other guys are rolling with. Ideally we should have a good mix of classes so that we can have some good groups.

For the Villain league the one thing that we are in sore need of is a Tank or 2. There are like 3 level 30 healers and there is at least one controller. But there aren't any Tanks that I am aware of.

jogarrr

Yeah, I figure there will be plenty of controllers so it's between a healer and a tank for me. I think I'm planning on joining hero gaf. How's the villain league on TKJ? Also how does the population balance seem on TKJ?

Varna

So there are some issues at the moment? People are shouting about not being able to do thing. Just tried to enter HQ twice and got two freezes. :(

EDIT: If Any more heroes want a league on Death and Glory let me know (PM would be easier). If anyone wants to start a villain league or has already started one let me know as well. :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
can someone explain to me how duos work when you are in a group w/ someone? do they just accept the queue choose role and you get in or do you still have to wait? i was paired up with someone tonight and it just kept saying waiting for group member even though he accepted, dunno if that's related to the queues all being borked tonight tho so i was wondering what the process was

jogarrr

AstroLad said:
can someone explain to me how duos work when you are in a group w/ someone? do they just accept the queue choose role and you get in or do you still have to wait? i was paired up with someone tonight and it just kept saying waiting for group member even though he accepted, dunno if that's related to the queues all being borked tonight tho so i was wondering what the process was

I've never done a duo with a premade group, but yeah that's the process for alerts with premades so it sounds like a bug or related to the queue issues.

Killthee

krypt0nian said:
Ok GAF United lives on KJ!

Message Kid Chloro(healer) or OneStar(controller) for invite.
Sweet. I'll jump in tomorrow.

AstroLad said:
If you group up before alerts it should dump you in after everyone inputs their roles. On rare occasions when the server is highly congested and the alert queue wait times are ridiculously high, it might take a while before it drops you in.
paranoidfortean said:
don't plan on picking this up ever, but i just can't see how this game justifies a monthly fee.
The monthly content updates and the quarterly event updates will either justify the fee or kill the game.

Varna said:
So there are some issues at the moment? People are shouting about not being able to do thing. Just tried to enter HQ twice and got two freezes. :(

Yep, huge connection issues. No word on any fixes or ETAs yet, but it's been like this all day.

Killthee

Chamber said:
I must be doing something wrong. How do I message you in game?
/t name

or

/t "first last" if the character name has a space like Kid Chloro does.

Varna

lastplayed said:
Yep, huge connection issues. No word on any fixes or ETAs yet, but it's been like this all day.

Hm. Played a bit this morning but didn't notice anything odd. But I never attempted to leave Metropolis. :(

Hex

Banned
paranoidfortean said:
don't plan on picking this up ever, but i just can't see how this game justifies a monthly fee.

If you have ever been a comic book fan, it really does not get better than this.
The sheer feeling of freedom you get exploring at your leisure around the cities is just so much fun.
The mission structure is very refreshing compared to the usual grindfests that you get in mmos, and interacting with the characters and places that you know so well is amazingly fun.
It is still really early to know what the future holds, but we should know more on that soon enough but the groundwork and the system is enough keep me entertained.

Varna said:
Hm. Played a bit this morning but didn't notice anything odd. But I never attempted to leave Metropolis. :(

Yeah I can log in, but can't get to the Watchtower or any police stations. My new character also can't leave the tutorial. :(

Top Bottom