• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
doesn't work for me or any controllers i've played with this is on pc btw since i know like 99% of the people ITT are on PS3.

jogarrr

On top of that, for you PvPers, we now have a PvP open-world event just like we do in Metropolis for the War for the Rings and the Manhunters. There's now one fighting over all sorts of loot and common greed, just like you would in the streets of Gotham over armored cars and money bags. PvPers can get some more gank on there doing that.
This is good, the game needs more open world PvP events.

We haven't released them specifically, but it's a lot of making it more meaningful in the open world to fight somebody.

This is good too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
BattleMonkey said:
So it seems new powers might be on the table for the future.
Id9Jw.jpg

Make it happen.

Leunam

I doubt they'll do every corps. It'll probably just be Green Lanterns for the Hero side and Sinestro Corps for villains.

The powers for the corps would be hard to make work in game, more generic and simple powers seem more appropriate. I'm surprised there is no electrical based power set for example.

If any powerset is going to be added, its most likely going to be the Earth Powerset. IIRC the 2 power styles within that was based on creating tremors / earthquakes and the other one about moving the earth (ground spikes, etc). Cant remember what type of style it was though.

Leunam

BattleMonkey said:
The powers for the corps would be hard to make work in game, more generic and simple powers seem more appropriate. I'm surprised there is no electrical based power set for example.

I just thought about that today. If they were to add new powers then I imagine electricity would be near the top of the list.

As for power rings, I would bet they would simply make it really restricted. Can only use flight and hand blasters (albeit modified to match whatever corps you chose) and be great at combat or control but not much else. At least that way you have a very specific role and still have a need for tank and healer classes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thinking about it, I think it would be a hard thing to manage, just on the story premise of all the new heroes. All the heroes created by the ExoByte thingy, where as the Lantern's are more or less regular beings, given control of UBER power rings. So it doesn't quite line up right. Not everyone can just go "hey, I want a ring" (well, from what I understand, but then again, don't know much about the Corps beyond Green)

But, would be an interesting End Game Content to work towards. Make it really really arduous to get, under the storyline of "ExoByte Hero/Villian proves his/her worth, and is granted the powers of whichever Core is desired."

While I know they would introduce points to unlock different powers of the ring, I'd say have it all unlocked when you get the ring (hey, the ring does whatever you can think of, right?)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pet peeve: getting thrown into a borked duo/alert and then not being able to join a new one because you quit out

ChronicleX said:
If any powerset is going to be added, its most likely going to be the Earth Powerset. IIRC the 2 power styles within that was based on creating tremors / earthquakes and the other one about moving the earth (ground spikes, etc). Cant remember what type of style it was though.

Was this a powerset that was in testing or something?

jogarrr

Lonestar said:
Thinking about it, I think it would be a hard thing to manage, just on the story premise of all the new heroes. All the heroes created by the ExoByte thingy, where as the Lantern's are more or less regular beings, given control of UBER power rings. So it doesn't quite line up right. Not everyone can just go "hey, I want a ring" (well, from what I understand, but then again, don't know much about the Corps beyond Green)
)

It could be as simple as the exobytes containing some of the power of the Power Battery or whatever powers the rings and not actually giving players an actual GL ring.

krypt0nian said:
I think so. The world just seems so dead in PVE.

Join us! Lonestar and I had a blast last night, even when jumped by a higher lvl. :)
OK, I may make a new character and give it a whirl. I'll let ya know!

Glad to see that there will be new content everymonth, and I like the holiday theme content. Was gonna wait a couple months to renew but will pay up at the end of the trial.

Chamber said:
Any Killing Jokes heroes down for some low level questing tonight?

Would you mind a level 30 tagging along? I will protect you from evil villians trying to get in your way.

They planning on actually fixing the crashes? I can barely get through a Legends PVP match.

Also, why do I only sparingly have access to potions in Legends PVP? Most of the time that power slot is empty. Kinda annoying when it's bugged so that you don't regenerate health out of combat.

jogarrr

PedroLumpy said:
Also, why do I only sparingly have access to potions in Legends PVP? Most of the time that power slot is empty. Kinda annoying when it's bugged so that you don't regenerate health out of combat.

Yes, this was never a problem until recently. I hadn't done a Legends match in a while and when I saw the cola slot empty I thought they had removed them from the game until it finally showed up later in the match.

krypt0nian said:
Definitely. It's handled by chara name, not player name so far.

Outrigger, what's your lvl 30 chara name? We'll invite you to GAF United.

Enceladus is my character name, finally a hero gaf league on killing joke

Wow never had trouble with any of the missions or lost the single player ones until the last one with the Joker braniac clone thing. Keep getting my ass beat on the final boss

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
New hotfix tomorrow morning.

RadarX said:
General:
  • The Chat Filter has been adjusted and should be less restrictive on words and phrases that are commonly used.
  • Server stability has been improved which should enhance the overall player experience.
Combat:
  • The Taunt ability should now be much more effective in Alerts, Raids, and other high end content.
  • Telekinesis should no longer affect some mission objectives making them invulenrable.
  • The use of Psychic Blades will no longer cause your target to focus solely on your character.

UI:
  • All code redemptions must now be processed through the SOE website or the Playstation Store.

Zeal

Banned
guys, are there any other storyline quests in gotham after the
brother eye chain? i killed brother eye, currently level 29, and can't find another main story mission to progress. is dr. freeze and some other villains in here somewhere? also beat specter in metropolis. what should i do? thanks

hermit7

Zeal said:
guys, are there any other storyline quests in gotham after the
brother eye chain? i killed brother eye, currently level 29, and can't find another main story mission to progress. is dr. freeze and some other villains in here somewhere? also beat specter in metropolis. what should i do? thanks
Have you done all the bounties and such. All the races? Alerts? They all provide exp. There shouldn't be any reason you don't have enough experience for 30.

jogarrr

BattleMonkey said:
Wow never had trouble with any of the missions or lost the single player ones until the last one with the Joker braniac clone thing. Keep getting my ass beat on the final boss

I've done both the level 30 Circe one and the level 30 Joker one, the Joker one was much harder (and longer). I still haven't got the feat for winning without using consumables or supercharge.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Killthee said:
New hotfix tomorrow morning.
Telekinesis should no longer affect some mission objectives making them invulenrable.
The use of Psychic Blades will no longer cause your target to focus solely on your character.

Thank You Based God

Hex

Banned
Not completely DCUO related but kind of, more Batman related but has anyone seen any wallpapers of the Oracle digital avatar face? (The green digital face persona thing when Oracle is communicating)
I am trying to find a wallpaper or even better a png to use to make wallpapers.

Smokey

Picked this up today. Played for a bit, think I got to level 5. Didn't really see too many people. Not sure if want, but will give it more time obviously.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Smokey said:
Picked this up today. Played for a bit, think I got to level 5. Didn't really see too many people. Not sure if want, but will give it more time obviously.
What server are you on?

darkwing

SOE has been hyping a classic character playing a large role in this batch of content, and it turns out it's Catwoman. Selina Kyle is going to factor into a few new parts to DCUO.

* Level 30 Catwoman Episode: Here, your character will race to Gotham Museum and find Catwoman robbing the joint. Then, some ancient Egyptian artifacts turn people into lions and tigers that you have to fight. Look for five boss battles in this mission.
* Legends PVP: Catwoman will now be playable in "Play as Iconic" PVP.
* Multiplayer Race: Chase Catwoman with your friends.
* New Loot: You'll now be able to collect the "ancient Mayan Armor" and "Cat Burglar" gear.

Believe it or not, February is for lovers -- and now, DCUO is, too. In a rather interesting move, the Goddess of Love is pissed and has put down fountains across Metropolis. Enter one of these, and you'll be transported to a 100-person instance where you'll play as a cherub and battle "to determine the true meaning of love."

* Collectable Hearts: Completing races, participating in PVP and other actions will earn you hearts that you can use to purchase chocolates and gifts to give to other players.
* PVP Battles: Dunk the other team into the fountain.
* Love Alert: This is a four-player boss fight against the Goddess of Love, Devotion and Scorn.
* Loot: There's a new harlequin clown suit with hearts and a cherub disguise to earn.
* Mock the Boss: When you replay boss fights, you'll be able to give them "be mine" cards for Feat points.

* New Duo: A two-player Bane duo will be available for players.
* PVP Expansion: There will be a new Gotham PVP zone.
* New Tier 2 Raid: There's a new eight-player raid zone for the Batcave. You'll fight alongside Batman against Brainiac and Brother Eye.
* Buy and Sell: Auction houses will go live in the Watchtower and the Hall of Doom so that places can swap gear on a massive scale.
* Additions: New collections, races and investigations will be added.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1147019p1.html

Some random shots of my latest adventures:

Antarctico visits the Metropolis Dam

MMET101_AUDIO-PC-01-1503.jpg

Antarctico to the rescue!

MMET101_AUDIO-PC-31-1317.jpg

Please don't hurt me Metallo D:

MMET101_AUDIO-PC-02-2100.jpg

Appreciating Bizarro's costume (can't remember which character took this, some random villain I created)

MHQS102_DESIGNERDATA-PC-30-2045.jpg

neojubei said:
Why the heck isn't there a feature length JLA film made with this CG? Seriously why not!

Well if the rumored costs for these Blur videos are true, the reason would be becuase of cost. The cost forjust one 5 min blur CG video is probably more than the budget of several full DC animated features.

Nightz

Smokey said:
Get on Killing Joke and join us!

Nishastra

Banned
I'm looking forward to that Valentine's event thing, and playing as Catwoman. I hope they keep adding more Legends characters.

I'm trying a Controller yet again. It's going to be hard after playing a Sorcery character, as Sorcery is ridiculously solo-capable with a Watcher summoned in healing mode. As long as it didn't die, I never actually needed to heal myself in any (reasonable) fight.

Also, Weapon of Destiny and Final Ruin are both godly, but at least Gadgets has something similar to Weapon of Destiny in Intimidate.

jogarrr said:
I've done both the level 30 Circe one and the level 30 Joker one, the Joker one was much harder (and longer). I still haven't got the feat for winning without using consumables or supercharge.

I keep failing the jokerbot one and ran out of healing sodas, so of course leaving reset the whole mission which is pretty damn long to get through.

Stupid fight is annoying as hell because besides being tough boss, it takes place in a tiny little area and then they flood the area with more bad guys. Using acrobatics doesn't help because using grappling in the area often will get you stuck on the roof by accident too.

Top Bottom