• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Quagm1r3 said:
What taunt ability is it referring to?

I'd like to know this too. As fire there is no skill in any of my trees that is referred to as a taunt. If one is a taunt I'd like to know which one it is so I can start using it!

Nishastra

Banned
ChronicleX said:
I'd like to know this too. As fire there is no skill in any of my trees that is referred to as a taunt. If one is a taunt I'd like to know which one it is so I can start using it!
As far as I know, every single damaging ability is a taunt in tank mode.

Edit: Maybe even non-damaging ones (not that there's many of those). Here's the tank-mode text from Fire: "Using super powers increases your total Health by 60% and healing received by 80%. You will also attract the attention of enemies causing them to attack you, rather than allies."

Every power does the former, so it's safe to assume that every power also does the latter.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BattleMonkey said:
I keep failing the jokerbot one and ran out of healing sodas, so of course leaving reset the whole mission which is pretty damn long to get through.

Stupid fight is annoying as hell because besides being tough boss, it takes place in a tiny little area and then they flood the area with more bad guys. Using acrobatics doesn't help because using grappling in the area often will get you stuck on the roof by accident too.
Your character is on KJ right? Send me an invite if you see me online today and I'll help you out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'm not sure i've ever been matched up with a helpful tank. they usually do less damage than me and don't heal anyone. drives me nuts but i'm sure it's just a coincidence and i've been matched up with bad ones

hermit7

AstroLad said:
i'm not sure i've ever been matched up with a helpful tank. they usually do less damage than me and don't heal anyone. drives me nuts but i'm sure it's just a coincidence and i've been matched up with bad ones
Tanks by definition are the ones that hold aggro so that dps can whittle down the health. They have a lot more defense for that reason.

I picked this up the other night and I'm having a blast. I rolled a Controller/Gadget Villan on Killing Joke and just added myself to the PS3 list on here. I'd love to be able to join up with you guys. I have some experience with MMOs but could use all the help I could get to make my character as efficient as possible.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah i think i am talking more in duos i don't find them very helpful but then again that's b/c i'm a controller i guess tank/dps might work out all right. to be honest it's just the tanks i've been with have been largely incompetent in any capacity. just last night this badass tank charged in leroy jenkins style and activated the reinforcements in the hive duo without even giving us time to kill the first wave

tanks are not really that important in stuff like duos, they are really helpful for larger group boss fights and especially dealing with bounty bosses

Killthee said:
Your character is on KJ right? Send me an invite if you see me online today and I'll help you out.

Yea I'm in the league, was going to ask for help later today possibly after work. I just got done last night after failed attempts at it. Thanks for the offer.

EekTheKat

I'm mildly surprised - I logged in this morning to find that one of my missing Feats was apparently restored to me (?)

Not sure what it was exactly, but it was bugging me that it never gave me credit for saving the souls of the students. Now I feel a little better about my first character being halfway messed up due to some glitches and poor decisions instead of completely.

(still missing Justice League emblem that I couldn't pick when I finished that particular quest line, and I accidentally destroyed an item awarded to me from finishing a player breif).

Foxix Von

ThirdEngine said:
I picked this up the other night and I'm having a blast. I rolled a Controller/Gadget Villan on Killing Joke and just added myself to the PS3 list on here. I'd love to be able to join up with you guys. I have some experience with MMOs but could use all the help I could get to make my character as efficient as possible.

We villains definitely need to lean more on the cooperative side, if you want to join the gaf league make sure to add the following to your in game friends list: Enchantress, Verdandi, Redeyez, and Penumbra.

If you see one of us pop on give us a heads up via tell and we'll send you an invite, pretty much everyone in the league that I've talked to is awesome and usually more than willing to chip in. :D

There's also a gaf chat room we can invite you too if you'd like, but it's been a little dead lately.

GAF villian legion, foxix. ;)

The GAF Killing Joke hero league is GAF United. Msg Kid Chloro, OneStar, or any other member as I gave everyone INVITE privileges.

vilmer_

Is there any type of trial or demo for DC Universe? I'd love to give it a shot but I don't know if I want to fork down $50 and end up not liking or playing it much :/

Foxix Von

AstroLad said:
i really wish there was one chat window for group and friend chat and another for the shouts

The best you can do right now is make separate tabs in the chat settings, make one tab for shouts and another for group, friends, league etc.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Foxix said:
The best you can do right now is make separate tabs in the chat settings, make one tab for shouts and another for group, friends, league etc.
ah cool thanks for the heads up will do

as always: post here and add me if you are on zero hour: astrolad
have yet to come across a single gaffer there

Somnia

Broke down and finally decided to get the PC Version. Will make a guy on Zero Hour, is the GAF legion hero or villain side?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Somnia said:
Broke down and finally decided to get the PC Version. Will make a guy on Zero Hour, is the GAF legion hero or villain side?
fwiw i'm a hero and i really haven't seen too many other pc people posting here regularly. be happy to make a league as i think a few other people have mentioned they were starting up on pc too (but to make a league you have to be in a group which i haven't yet been in with another gaffer)

Leunam

Yeah I'm on PC, but it seems like the majority of people here are on PS3. Wish I knew so I would have bought that version instead.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Leunam said:
Yeah I'm on PC, but it seems like the majority of people here are on PS3. Wish I knew so I would have bought that version instead.
not me pc version runs and looks way better and it's a lot better playing at my desk than fiddling around with my bluetooth keyboard. also the randoms i get paired up with or just meet up with fighting out in the streets or pvp are pretty cool. be fun to play with some gaffers tho

Main reason I got this was for a MMO on console. The annoying slowness of the UI though often makes me regret that, but still it's nice to have a nice comfy couch MMO. Already playing several other PC MMO's so decided to do something different here. The nice pictures of PC graphics makes me jealous though.

EekTheKat

Just soloed the last boss of the OMAC Duo thanks to my random partner getting squished.

It's remarkable how well timed use of heal barrels and good crowd control abilities makes a controller a beast in these instances.

It was so remarkably easy, the boss even reset glitched out and reset because he targeted my partner that was locked outside due to him dying and releasing, so I basically had to kill him twice in one fight.

Somnia

AstroLad said:
fwiw i'm a hero and i really haven't seen too many other pc people posting here regularly. be happy to make a league as i think a few other people have mentioned they were starting up on pc too (but to make a league you have to be in a group which i haven't yet been in with another gaffer)

Well I'm downloading the client on steam now. Once I'm patched up I'll look for you online.

Nishastra

Banned
I'm a PC player, but I'm not actually on Zero Hour.

Virtue and Vice is the unofficial continuation of Virtue server from City of Heroes (thanks to the name), from which I hail, so I went there :p

I just had a really fun Ace Chemicals match. It came up right as I was about to start fighting Bane, so I had to put it off. When I joined, it was two minutes in and someone else had also not come in yet so there had just been two villains vs four heroes.

Needless to say, we were down a few hundred points, and the fourth person didn't show up until the last minute or so of the match. We pulled it off anyway, but it was really close. The heroes were easily distracted, so I just had to keep ducking out of whatever fight they brought to us to hold the point they had just left behind.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Somnia said:
Well I'm downloading the client on steam now. Once I'm patched up I'll look for you online.
cool you can /friend astrolad and then i'll be on your friends list and it'll tell you when i come online and stuff

eznark

Banned
Couple questions:

1. Is there a good place I can find info on what the different stats categories mean? For instance; might, vitalization, toughness and dominance??

2. How the f' do I get to Gotham from China Town?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
eznark said:
Couple questions:

1. Is there a good place I can find info on what the different stats categories mean? For instance; might, vitalization, toughness and dominance??

Chinatown Metropolis? Warp to Watchtower, warp to Gotham.

I'd try DC Universe Wiki for info.

eznark said:
Couple questions:

1.The game tells you what the stats do. Go to the equipment menu, then select the upper stat tab. You can move the cursor down and select each stat which opens them up and tells you what each stat does.

2.Go to the Hall of Doom or the Tower for heroes and there are teleporters that take you to each of the night clubs in the different cities.

Nightz

BattleMonkey said:
Be nice if there was a character transfer option between them or something.
That would be nice. Well, I made the same exact character on both platforms, the PC version just stopped working for me 2 days after release.

eznark said:
In the game, go to your inventory menu. Hit R1 and it'll bring up your stats. You can highlight each category and hit X and it'll expand with a pretty good explanation of each.

EekTheKat

Might sound crazy, but I really want a PSP NGP version of this game. One that runs on the same realms as the PS3 version + also tied into PSN as a whole. It would be nice to be able to log in on a handheld and knock out a few duos or feats on the go anywhere.

While the PS3 version is no PC version great, it does seem to run a lot better since it did at launch, and as crazy as it sounds I've noticed the visuals are a little cleaner as well.

There's a small download everytime this game starts up (configuration file), so maybe they've done a lot of small tweaks between launch and now not counting the huge patches.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hermit7 said:
Does anyone else get styles from the vault that they already have and thus cannot destroy?

Slightly irritating.
All the time but I just destroy using Y/triangle if that's what you mean.

hermit7

AstroLad said:
All the time but I just destroy using Y/triangle if that's what you mean.

Hmm... maybe I haven't looked at outright destroying them.

I always press the X (use) button. Didn't know there was another one.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah you can destroy them by selecting in inventory then hitting Y on the 360 pad which i presume is triangle for you

Nishastra

Banned
Now what does bug me is the trinkets from that Facebook thing. They're marked Cannot Sell, Cannot Trade, Cannot Delete. So they're totally impossible to get rid of. You can't even put them in the bank.

Killthee

Nishastra said:
Now what does bug me is the trinkets from that Facebook thing. They're marked Cannot Sell, Cannot Trade, Cannot Delete. So they're totally impossible to get rid of. You can't even put them in the bank.
Yup, this is really annoying.

Nishastra

Banned
You don't just automatically get the items for putting in the codes. Rather, the codes give you the ability to pick up the items whenever you like.

Which makes it really bizarre that you can't delete them.

Do the items appear in your in game mail box or something? Does it unlock the items for all the characters you make once you input in the code?

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
Do the items appear in your in game mail box or something? Does it unlock the items for all the characters you make once you input in the code?
It unlocks them for all your characters. You get them in game via the marketplace tab on the far right of the menu.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Foxix said:
Awesome.

This will be great since apparently every villain gaffer is a healer haha.
Yeah I noticed lol

I've decided to pretty much abandon my level 30 controller because I made the REALLY dumb decision to up and sell most of my equipment to increase Precision at the cost of Might/Power. There are tons of controllers out there anyways and good tanks seem to be in demand.

Top Bottom