• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AstroLad said:
i love mob control for me that is usually my primary focus as my main attack is lev and it seems to do a decent job of keeping everyone's energy high for all but the toughest bosses

The Batarang Iconic Power is another great little mob stun attack.

Wallach

Actually, what side are most of you Death & Glory PC players on? I haven't done anything Villain side yet, so I might play Villain there and play Hero on Zero Hour.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
how do i make it so that i get vsync and 60 fps? i previously just turned off vsync and the fps was like 200 but it's occasionally causing my gpu to throttle which is annoying

Wallach

AstroLad said:
how do i make it so that i get vsync and 60 fps? i previously just turned off vsync and the fps was like 200 but it's occasionally causing my gpu to throttle which is annoying

I just use d3doverrider to force vsync, which works fine.

So i am level 27 and have 2 quests for level 29, nothing more. Anywhere I should go to get more quests? i checked both cities but couldn't find anything more...

Wallach

Leunam said:
I've made a villain on D&G. What time do you normally play?

I've barely logged in, but things have finally gotten sorted since I bought it last weekend. I've got a ton of free time right now so I'll probably be on a lot in the coming days.

Smokey

DY_nasty said:
If you're just starting out, doing the low level missions (levels 4-9) and you're not running into a lot of people, then consider yourself lucky. Getting smacked up before you've even learned to walk is no fun. Once you're around level 10 and higher, the missions that you'll be going on will be in areas with much higher traffic. For example, at Metropolis Hospital, you'll be butting heads with villains/heroes over conflicting objectives.

Be sure to get into the GAF league - I'm not freelancing and helping everyone I come across anymore because I've got a new character I'm working on, but the rest of the guys are pretty helpful.

bartscott CAN'T WAIT

Gonna have a lot of time to get into it this weekend. 3.5 day weekend from work because of a potential of 2'' of snow lolz.

Leunam

Smokey said:
Gonna have a lot of time to get into it this weekend. 3.5 day weekend from work because of a potential of 2'' of snow lolz.

Yeah I probably won't be in at work tomorrow due to snow.

icechai

BattleMonkey said:
Being pure illusion, I basically am constantly spamming the shurikens. It only has one mass stun ability but it only lasts for like 1-2 seconds, though the Illusion tree seems to be focused on weakening enemies more than anything.

Shuriken spam though works well since it's power cost is low and it woks as an aoe at the same time so all i good.

I think people don't realize the role they are supposed to play and building their character towards it till they hit 30, as before that, it's not really that important. Never found the alerts pre lvl 30 to even really require the need of the roles all that much to complete them, but once you start doing hard modes and lvl 30 content, the roles become very important.

Anyways going back and playing my Hero now a bit and really enjoying it, the game does a good job of giving you a different experience between heros/villains, though not a fan of the music on the hero side :p

i like terror + phantom flames, but it doesn't give energy regen like the telekenisis + pyro, shuriken mainly useful for artifacts comparitively, so yeah i'm more tk

icechai said:
i like terror + phantom flames, but it doesn't give energy regen like the telekenisis + pyro, shuriken mainly useful for artifacts comparitively, so yeah i'm more tk

Yea I stayed away from TK tree because I wanted to base my character off 'The Shadow', my all time favorite pulp hero, so I went with dual wielding and illusion powers. I like to stick to themes with my mmo characters even if it sometimes seems to put them at a disadvantage.

Tryckser said:
So i am level 27 and have 2 quests for level 29, nothing more. Anywhere I should go to get more quests? i checked both cities but couldn't find anything more...

Have you been doing alerts while you level up? They earn you tons of xp rewards that doing them by the end I had bunch of quests still left to do when I hit 30. Also doing bounties also earns pretty big xp bonuses.

Smokey

Leunam said:
Yeah I probably won't be in at work tomorrow due to snow.

kind of funny

the whole city of houston is pretty much shutting down. they let us leave today at 2pm and it was like 35 degrees outside with overcast lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Guys who start out with Fire as their main power have no idea how easy they have it. Both of their trees compliment each other. My other characters (Mental, Nature) don't share that luxury...

Leunam

Smokey said:
kind of funny

the whole city of houston is pretty much shutting down. they let us leave today at 2pm and it was like 35 degrees outside with overcast lol

Yeah I'm in Houston too (close to Reliant Stadium) and we were just told not to come in tomorrow until someone tells us to.

All right, trying to give the PvP server a fair shake. Any heroes playing on Killing Joke right now and want to team up? My dude's only level 8 so far :p

Mercury Fred said:
All right, trying to give the PvP server a fair shake. Any heroes playing on Killing Joke right now and want to team up? My dude's only level 8 so far :p

I wish, but my partner's watching In The Name Of The King (spit) so no TV for krypt0 for a bit.

Here's my level 8 Fire/Two handed weapon user. Still debating on what helmet I should use at the moment.

hXIAV.jpg

jlO0Z.jpg

c5Lgn.jpg

kqdBS.jpg

Wouldn't mind teaming up with some people tomorrow night. I'm on PC Zero Hour. Character name is Zaziel.

Lonestar said:
Ive been on this whole time, though \L doesn't work for me.
=/

I'm going to have some dinner and probably sign on a little later if you're around then. Only level 9, but really digging using an ice character so far.

eznark

Banned
Are all gaffers on Killing Joke heroes? I just made The Claymaker, bad ass brawling fire dude...but I made him a villain

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
eznark said:
Are all gaffers on Killing Joke heroes? I just made The Claymaker, bad ass brawling fire dude...but I made him a villain
Villains are there too. I've got two in the GAF League. One 30 and another 16.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hah, PS3 manages a large pvp brawl on the trigun mission, but freezes when I try to enter that police mission dungeon

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Smokey said:
what is this gaf league

and sports-gaf...we need to unite
Heretics is the villain KJ Legion. Friend the following people (type "/friend name" in game) and then message the first person you see online ("/t name"); Enchantress, Verdandi, Penumbra, and Redeyez. If you're online right now I think Penumbra might still be online.

Foxix Von

Killthee said:
Heretics is the villain KJ Legion. Friend the following people (type "/friend name" in game) and then message the first person you see online ("/t name"); Enchantress, Verdandi, Penumbra, and Redeyez. If you're online right now I think Penumbra might still be online.
Nope just logged.

Chemo is tiresome D:

Just got into it. Have 3 character going right now. A big demon hero (WW as mentor), small bane-like villan (Joker Mentor) and a medium classic-type villan (lex luthor mentor). All are around level 17. I'm really enjoying the game. Here's hoping the keep content coming.

TheWiicast said:
Just got into it. Have 3 character going right now. A big demon hero (WW as mentor), small bane-like villan (Joker Mentor) and a medium classic-type villan (lex luthor mentor). All are around level 17. I'm really enjoying the game. Here's hoping the keep content coming.

What server?

Killthee

League chat hotfix tomorrow morning.

RadarX said:
Please note the following downtimes for both EU and US servers for a brief update:
  • EU Servers: These will be brought down at 4AM CE. Downtime is anticipated to be less than one hour.
  • US Servers: These will be brought down at 4AM PT. Downtime is anticipated to be less than one hour.

Players may notice the following changes:
  • League members should now successfully connect to the League text chat channel upon login.

Ok it seems that Taunt patch fixed Fire tank Agro big time, things attack me now! So I was planning on going back to staffs because of it but, well I got an Epic Tank bow, 19.2 DPS more than my other tank weapons and increases my dominance in tank mode by 64. Yeah, its too good not to use. They also seem to have patched in
Black Adam
so the gates on his room now close when fighting him, so that fight is no Longer EZ mode.

Also did Batcave and the second boss dropped no loot or marks. Not happy about that but I walked out this week with a tank bow and I can get my second piece of T2 on Sunday (Would of been Saturday but the second boss didnt give me any ****in marks!)

theta11

ChronicleX said:
Ok it seems that Taunt patch fixed Fire tank Agro big time, things attack me now! So I was planning on going back to staffs because of it but, well I got an Epic Tank bow, 19.2 DPS more than my other tank weapons and increases my dominance in tank mode by 64. Yeah, its too good not to use. They also seem to have patched in
Black Adam
so the gates on his room now close when fighting him, so that fight is no Longer EZ mode.

Also did Batcave and the second boss dropped no loot or marks. Not happy about that but I walked out this week with a tank bow and I can get my second piece of T2 on Sunday (Would of been Saturday but the second boss didnt give me any ****in marks!)

From what I gather the loot bugs happen when people try to loot before the boss actually spawns loot, so they are holding down the button as mob dies. I tell people in the raid not to do that and give it some time. Haven't had any problems since.

I just won some exclusive item while answering some quiz, but I don't really play this so... it's up for grabs.

deathstrokes_draw.png

There's aPC andPS3 code, PS3 code probably only works on EU consoles. Let me know if you want it.

All gone.

Nishastra

Banned
I wouldn't mind giving the PC code a go. I don't have any one-hand characters, but I could always make one :p

Also, Deathstroke is awesome.

One of the oft forgotten perks about this game is how easy it is to respec. I have done it 3 times with Fatalie and am thinking of doing another today... to see if there is a better way to contribute as a gadget controller I may try the gauss grenade for stuns. I am enjoying the taser more than the sticky bomb simply because it helps rid the tank off mobs, albeit one at a time.

My GF hates this game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
theta11 said:
From what I gather the loot bugs happen when people try to loot before the boss actually spawns loot, so they are holding down the button as mob dies. I tell people in the raid not to do that and give it some time. Haven't had any problems since.
One bug I have had is that you'll see the alert-end loot but not be able to choose a roll -- you still controller a character. This really sucked when I got it at the end of Smallville when a perfect Controller item was up.

Metalmurphy said:
I just won some exclusive item while answering some quiz, but I don't really play this so... it's up for grabs.

deathstrokes_draw.png

There's a PC and PS3 code, PS3 code probably only works on EU consoles. Let me know if you want it.
Hey, i'll take the ps3 code off your hands if you still have it and are in a giving mood.

Killthee

Wes Yanagi // Senior Producer said:
Legendary DC Universe Online Offer Coming February 8

It’s been an exciting month for us at DC Universe Online, with so many players creating their legend and trying to become the next ultimate hero or villain. Metropolis may be under siege and Gotham City in peril, but an overwhelming number of you have stepped up in their defense!

In appreciation of you pioneers we are going to be offering the chance to lock in an extraordinary promotional rate of only $29.99 for the 3-month DC Universe Online Legend Plan. That’s over 25% OFF the regular 3-month subscription plan price of $41.99! You’ll even be able to keep that rate for as long as you are actively subscribed and watch the savings pile up! You really won’t want to miss out on this great opportunity! The new rate will be available on February 8th so look out for it!

: )

Top Bottom