• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

I'm trying to reach level 30. Are there any good Leagues that is looking for a level 15 Healer (Villain), at the moment. I'm playing on the PS3. My villain name is King Locke. I'm playing on the GAF's PVP server.

I think I'm done with open world PvP. Sure, the world feels more "alive" but it's just not fun to be constantly at the mercy of gangs of level 30s roaming the place. If that wasn't bad enough, people on the heroes side constantly bitch and whine about being ganked.

I have no problem with the idea of open world PvP, but the way it's implemented in this game is just not fun. At least not for me anyway. I went back to Zero Hour and it's so nice just to enjoy the game for what it is and not have constant paranoia. :D

Chauncy Talon said:
I'm trying to reach level 30. Are there any good Leagues that is looking for a level 15 Healer (Villain), at the moment. I'm playing on the PS3. My villain name is King Locke. I'm playing on the GAF's PVP server.

Killthee said:
Heretics is the villain KJ Legion. Friend the following people (type "/friend name" in game) and then message the first person you see online ("/t name"); Enchantress, Verdandi, Penumbra, and Redeyez. If you're online right now I think Penumbra might still be online.

This should help. :)

It's so odd to hear all of the lvl30 ganking stories as it rarely happens to me and I'm lvl15.

I only had problem with major ganking at low levels, once I got into the teens and onward, I really didn't get ganked as much. I think because of the starting placements of the factions, it just makes it easy for the newbiews to get ganked, while as you level up the quests take place in further locations from each other so you get less friction. At around lvl 30 though you start getting back into lot of questions that shares the same areas between heroes and villains and saw lots of battle break out.

But at higher levels you usually will also have more experience with the pvp and also have options for escape.

I got to 30 on Death & Glory, and PVP just wasn't fun no matter the outcome. There just didn't seem to be much point to it. At least on PVE I can play around and only worry about PVP in legends and arenas where there's actual rewards to it.

lastplayed said:
I got to 30 on Death & Glory, and PVP just wasn't fun no matter the outcome. There just didn't seem to be much point to it. At least on PVE I can play around and only worry about PVP in legends and arenas where there's actual rewards to it.

Its a matter of preference. I don't need any in game rewards for it, as it's fun on it's own really. It's how I can test my game skills. PVE doesn't off me that as it can be memorized ala WoW.

Yeah, I guess it's just not my thing. I probably won't stick around for the long term. I'll play till the end of my first month and see how I feel about it.

icechai

lastplayed said:

when i'm waiting for alerts now i hang around the areas where i was ganked a lot and if i see a fellow hero getting attacked, their attacker dies, or gets a big truck in the face :p

icechai said:
when i'm waiting for alerts now i hang around the areas where i was ganked a lot and if i see a fellow hero getting attacked, their attacker dies, or gets a big truck in the face :p

So this. Being a hero can actually be played out on PVP servers. I adore responding to help /shouts. Plus I could not stand watching a villain fly past me, and have to ignore it on the PVE side.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Got to level 22 with my fire char tonight. I planned to be a tank, but going pure DPS is a lot more fun than I thought. I may still switch it up, but throwing meteors from a block away and wiping out 3 heroes at once is just too much fun. I still have to find a balance between the powers, but its not nearly as hard (or frustrating) trying to find complementary abilities as it was in Mental or Nature.

Had a really weird bug doing the Metropolis City Hall mission - framerate dropped bad and stayed bad. I had to restart my console it was so bad. :/

Nishastra

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Had a really weird bug doing the Metropolis City Hall mission - framerate dropped bad and stayed bad. I had to restart my console it was so bad. :/
This happened to me once in a Legends match. About 30 seconds into the match, a store window opened from out of nowhere, and when I closed it my framerate was stuck at like 4fps until I restarted the game.

Nishastra said:
This happened to me once in a Legends match. About 30 seconds into the match, a store window opened from out of nowhere, and when I closed it my framerate was stuck at like 4fps until I restarted the game.

Never join a Instance / PvP queue next to a vendor, its that simple.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Ok so dumb question, I just downloaded the game client and I went to set up an account.

At the purchase preview on the site it says this:

SOFTWARE PURCHASES
DC Universe Online
$49.99
SUBSCRIPTIONS
DC Universe Online Subscription
(was $14.99)
Next charge of $14.99 occurs on 3/7/11 (plus applicable taxes)
$0.00
Order Total:
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $49.99

Does this mean I'm buying the game along with the monthly sub? Or am i just being dumb?

Kingbrave

Door2Dawn said:
Ok so dumb question, I just downloaded the game client and I went to set up an account.

At the purchase preview on the site it says this:

SOFTWARE PURCHASES
DC Universe Online
$49.99
SUBSCRIPTIONS
DC Universe Online Subscription
(was $14.99)
Next charge of $14.99 occurs on 3/7/11 (plus applicable taxes)
$0.00
Order Total:
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $49.99

Does this mean I'm buying the game along with the monthly sub? Or am i just being dumb?

You have the one month free, and it's set to start charging in March.

Also, are there any Gaffers on Death and Glory on the villains side? If so add me, I'm Volgrimm.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Kingbrave said:
You have the one month free, and it's set to start charging in March.
Well I clicked continue and it said it was going to charge me 49.99. I mean, I already have the game installed on the computer, so why would they charge me for the game?

Kingbrave

Door2Dawn said:
Well I clicked continue and it said it was going to charge me 49.99. I mean, I already have the game installed on the computer, so why would they charge me for the game?

Oh, I don't know about that. Sorry.

Nishastra

Banned
Yyyyeeeeeesss... Finally got platinum on the damned Robinson Park/Pillars of Hell Master Acrobat Challenge.

I never want to do that again :p

hermit7

eznark said:
Someone mind inviting me to villain league in kj?
I can do it. But it wont be for a little while til I her home. in game add redeyez enchantress penumbra or me verdandi when you see them in game send them a tell

TheExodu5

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Well looking at the launcher, it does say that you must purchase the game to play. Bleh

Where did you purchase the game? You probably have a key that you need to enter on your account.

icechai

ReiGun said:
Just attempted to do the Bludhaven alert.

What

the

FUCK?!

gotta hope you have a couple good controllers doing some aoe stunning. Dodge the big guys when they charge their death charge, while killing the barrel as soon as you kill the medic chemos. That part was the hardest, but the 2nd time around was easier when I knew what to do (did a lot more aoe stuns and went for medic chemo right away). Frustrating events also bring out the worst in people as I met my fair share of dick people who insult everyone in the group constantly. oh well.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ReiGun said:
Just attempted to do the Bludhaven alert.

What

the

FUCK?!
Yeah, its a bitch. I wouldn't even try it without having a damned good controller in your group.

SpiderJerusalem said:
I don't know what the hell is going on but since yesterday when I go into an alert the ps3 freezes up.

Same here, 3 freezes yesterday evening in the first alert... never got a freeze before. On PS3... o_O

By the way, I'm Capitaine Longueuil on Redemption if anyone wants to friend me. I started a league with a buddy of mine but we could use more members! :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
If anyone needs an invite to the Killing Joke Villain Legion just send me a tell in game (type /t Enchantress), I'll probably be online for the next couple of hours.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Killthee said:
If anyone needs an invite to the Killing Joke Villain Legion just send me a tell in game (type /t Enchantress), I'll probably be online for the next couple of hours.
Going to create a villain character, I'll be on in a few minutes.

hermit7

Killthee said:

Ooh I'll have to get you to invite my new controller as well.

But I am going to hold off leveling that. Want to get some good loot for my healer.

Top Bottom