• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I swear I intended to make a tank, but Fire DPS shits on Mental and Nature DPS.

Wallach

lastplayed said:
It seems to be a constant problem for the heroes on Death & Glory. Villains seem to vastly outnumber heroes, so even if we do manage to gather a group, it just invites an even bigger villain group most of the time. It just became too much hassle so I'm giving PvP a rest for now. :p

Having rolled a character on D&G (now level 15) I definitely agree... the villain population must be out of control. It's not the biggest deal given even the PvP servers for this game are pretty carebear, but there have been times I could not even get out of the PD I was in; there were 30 or so pulling a "pool's closed" so I wound up going to Metropolis to do some of the older quests I was auto-assigned.

That said, I really enjoy the character I made there - Gadgets, Acrobatics and Dual Pistol. Probably the only character setup that has really "clicked" with me, so I made the same character over on Zero Hour. I will still keep playing on D&G because every once in a while it is nice to dive into open world PvP, but I think for the most part I will be going back to PvE so I can actually explore and enjoy all the new content I've yet to see. The way D&G as it is, while entertaining, leads to you pretty much watching your back (and minimap) 24/7 in case you need to bail out of the way of some random villain death ball.

If you want to catch me on either server, I'll be on as Metzger. At some point I'll have to make a villain too, if not just to hear Mark Hamill do his thing.

icechai

Andromachus, hero mental/bow on Death & Glory, my first 30, just got the pvp 30 weapon and trinket and bane, going to get tier 1 now :)

MHQS103_AUDIO-PC-06-0342140.jpg

kai3345

Banned
Its not letting me launch the game because I need to buy a subscription. Paying the price of one month and getting 2 months is still not free.

Hixx

kai3345 said:
Its not letting me launch the game because I need to buy a subscription. Paying the price of one month and getting 2 months is still not free.

You need to put your CC details in but they don't take payment for the first month and then you can cancel before the second month rolls round if you wish. I agree its bullshit but there you go.

Hex

Banned
kai3345 said:

You really should find out what you are talking about before hitting the reply button.
They take a card number, but they do not charge you until after 30 days, so you can quit after that 30 days and pay nothing.
Hence 30 days free.

Hex said:
They take a card number, but they do not charge you until after 30 days, so you can quit after that 30 days and pay nothing.
Hence 30 days free.

Just like any subscription based service that offer a first free month works, really...

The process is more transparent on PS3 though with the PSN!

Managed to complete every hard alert now, also about to buy my third piece of tier 1 (got the chest piece and gauntlets from brother blood, going to get the helmet next with its cool smoke effects from the eyes)

Arkham is my favourite followed by Smallville, think strykers or area 51 are my least favourite, need more hard alerts tho, me and people from my league normally get through all of them in a single day with minimum hassle.

eznark

Banned
Glad to see they are doing a cheap three month plan coming up. Will definitely do that. I've had a ton of fun going from 0-10 twice. (Tempted to keep doing it for the trophies!)

I'm going to now take The Claymaker to 30 hopefully so I can participate in the League stuff. No idea how my build is looking though, just kind of randomly picking cool looking stuff. How much does it cost to respec?

eznark

Banned
Leunam said:
500 cash for the first time in a single day. It's so freaking cheap!

Oh rad. Then I am going to keep fucking around and respec when I hit 30 (or when I get thumped repeatedly)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wallach said:
Having rolled a character on D&G (now level 15) I definitely agree... the villain population must be out of control. It's not the biggest deal given even the PvP servers for this game are pretty carebear, but there have been times I could not even get out of the PD I was in; there were 30 or so pulling a "pool's closed" so I wound up going to Metropolis to do some of the older quests I was auto-assigned.

That said, I really enjoy the character I made there - Gadgets, Acrobatics and Dual Pistol. Probably the only character setup that has really "clicked" with me, so I made the same character over on Zero Hour. I will still keep playing on D&G because every once in a while it is nice to dive into open world PvP, but I think for the most part I will be going back to PvE so I can actually explore and enjoy all the new content I've yet to see. The way D&G as it is, while entertaining, leads to you pretty much watching your back (and minimap) 24/7 in case you need to bail out of the way of some random villain death ball.

If you want to catch me on either server, I'll be on as Metzger. At some point I'll have to make a villain too, if not just to hear Mark Hamill do his thing.
yeah everyone come join me on zero hour

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
My day started off bad...but turned out to be great.

I was one mark away from getting my first tier 2 gear and I did the starred duo for the day but got screwed out of my mark of distinction.

Then I had to get a decent group together to run Strikers (the starred alert for today). Then I got my marks and bought the Batman wings.

Then I formed a completely kick-ass group and did the Bat Cave raid. The first boss dropped a 97.1 DPS healer's bow. I play bow/healer and the group let me have it. Rock on. It's amazing btw. My damage in healer stance is almost as high as my 68 DPS bow in damage stance.

Really wish GAF wouldn't have picked Redemption as the PVE server. Crisis is where its at!

Because I have not taken one for awhile, here are two! Shame the wings don't animate, I might take another one later using the T2 pieces with my Insectoid Armour (still my fav armour set so far).

msdjt2.jpg

2lu2nv7.jpg

Hex

Banned
Just curious, anyone run this on a laptop?
Getting ready to pick up a new one with an i5-470UM +512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5450 [HDMI, VGA] and just wondering how it will do.
My main laptop which has an i7 and a 1gig ati hd 45 something or other runs it beautifully.

Any heroes on KJ feel like a run? I just started the Brother Blood missions, but I could be up for whatever. My character is at 17 now and trying to get him to 30. I'd be happy to help out on some lower missions too.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mercury Fred said:
Any heroes on KJ feel like a run? I just started the Brother Blood missions, but I could be up for whatever. My character is at 17 now and trying to get him to 30. I'd be happy to help out on some lower missions too.

Guess I could go. Did that mission with 2 strangers, but got locked out of the final fight via the other 2 getting the boss cutscene before I got in the room.

Lonestar said:
Guess I could go. Did that mission with 2 strangers, but got locked out of the final fight via the other 2 getting the boss cutscene before I got in the room.
Want to meet me in front of Midtown PD?

I think my headset should be working today...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
kai3345 said:
Made a Villain with dual wielding pistols, gadgets and flying.

What does your Mentor affect?
Beginning mission, end mission, and the iconic gear you can get.

Nishastra

Banned
Awesome, my new one-hand character got the big weapon glitch in the tutorial. Guess this is fate. Gotta go find one of those big swords now :p

Ah, great fun breezing through the Brother Blood and Poison Ivy missions with Lonestar (btw, the Green Lantern mission just opened for me). Come on GAFers, join the league on Killing Joke!

Decided to pick up the game today. A little disappointed in how I made my character. Tried to copy my beta character from memory but switched around my combat and power and the way I made him actually ended up being a little generic. Figure I'll play with him awhile though as I went Hero in the beta (villain now).

Still seems fun. Hope it has some legs as I love the DC universe and they could do a lot of great stuff.

kai3345

Banned
Just fought Huntress. That was pretty fun. The controls are a little wonky but once I satrt getting used to them, I may like this more than WoW

Just bought the Acrobatic skill Grapple Line, but I have no idea how to activate it... the description doesn't say anything and the skill doesn't show up in the loadouts menu...

Nishastra

Banned
chesspieceface said:
Just bought the Acrobatic skill Grapple Line, but I have no idea how to activate it... the description doesn't say anything and the skill doesn't show up in the loadouts menu...
When you're climbing a building, hold down spacebar. Or whatever jump is on the PS3 version.

icechai

Hex said:
Just curious, anyone run this on a laptop?
Getting ready to pick up a new one with an i5-470UM +512MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5450 [HDMI, VGA] and just wondering how it will do.
My main laptop which has an i7 and a 1gig ati hd 45 something or other runs it beautifully.

i play on my macbook pro i7 and it's smooth and fast. So you should have no problem as I think your vid card would be better than the one Apple has.

Chauncy Talon said:
What happens when you reach level 30? Can I continue on doing missions?

You can repeat most instances as much as you want. Also alerts, you can run them in hard mode for bigger rewards. You also get access to many new instances when you hit 30. 30 also unlocks Duos and Raids

BattleMonkey said:
You can repeat most instances as much as you want. Also alerts, you can run them in hard mode for bigger rewards. You also get access to many new instances when you hit 30. 30 also unlocks Duos and Raids

Thanks. Also, how do I sync my mic to the PS3 version. I can't talk to people but I can hear everybody else.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Forgot to post this when I first saw it, but it looks like the Feb update will be released on the 15th.

Chauncy Talon said:
Thanks. Also, how do I sync my mic to the PS3 version. I can't talk to people but I can hear everybody else.

Turn on the mic make sure the system detects it before launching the game. If it still wont work in game, open the in game settings -> Voice -> turn off voice chat -> save settings -> turn on -> save. PITA, but it usually does the trick.

kai3345

Banned
So is this game going to be like WoW With content patches (new raids, gear, re balancing) for free and game changing stuff (new cities and stuff) released as expansions. Or just everything in expansions?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I was just discussing with a friend about it being possible to sell this game. Do you need the entitlement serial everytime of can you just pop it into another PS3 and just not get te free month? This would be the best thing incase we want to sell at some point. I see you can turn of auto renew in the PS3 account settings.

hermit7

Well, I have been building my Armor set. I am really liking healing more and more, and my character is surprisingly pretty good at it.

Ran some alerts today including Arkham and Smallville. Outiside of one portion Smallville is easier than ACE I think.

hermit7 said:
Well, I have been building my Armor set. I am really liking healing more and more, and my character is surprisingly pretty good at it.

Ran some alerts today including Arkham and Smallville. Outiside of one portion Smallville is easier than ACE I think.

Yeah the lady doomsday part is the hardest, rest is easy, the only part of Ace I always die on is the security teams with the spray weapons, they always get someone somehow.

My league completed the Batcave raid last night, took 4 hours... only 1 healer item dropped which was a bow and I didnt get it :(

We beat the first boss on the third try, second boss on our first attempt (not sure why its so easy, guessing they will beef it up) and the third boss on like the 30th attempt, we had issues of PS3 crashes and unable to reque and join back, when we got all 8 guild members in properly it was all over.

TheExodu5

Banned
hermit7 said:

Which healing class are you? How did you spec your weapons?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DY_nasty said:
Just hit 30 on my fire dps.

Feels good man

While I make my 3rd character. Went with something like Krypt mentioned, bought time for a female character. Villain named Matron Sombre.

So now I'm something like
OneStar (hero) level 22
DeathMaker (Villain) level 7
Matron Sombre (Villian) level 6

No45

Are we expecting that subscription deal to be global? I ask because I haven't seen it mentioned for the EU, but MCV make it sound as if it's for all.

I haven't played this nearly as much as I wanted to (Damn WoW for pulling me in at the wrong time) but I still really want to get into it.

Leunam

Thanks to completing some feats I now have 45 points to play with for my character. Now that I've got everything I want from the Dual Pistols I've started to put points into Staff since it has some Vitalization and Critical damage bonuses. I'm happy with the gear I have for now until I can find stuff to boost my Toughness and Vitalization.

Can't wait to jump on again tonight and see where else I can get more feats done. I've been doing some races (Pillars of Hades is very aptly named) so once I complete those I can move on to the last few remaining exploration feats by jumping into instances.

I must say, this game is fun as hell.

I finally got a chance to play it tonight for a few hours. Good times. Level 9 right now. I haven't played in any groups or anything, not sure how that works, I'm a dummy when it comes to MMO's.

Add me if you want to do some co-op though. My PSN is virgils_mustache.

Top Bottom