• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Nightz

fart town usa said:
I must say, this game is fun as hell.

I finally got a chance to play it tonight for a few hours. Good times. Level 9 right now. I haven't played in any groups or anything, not sure how that works, I'm a dummy when it comes to MMO's.

Add me if you want to do some co-op though. My PSN is virgils_mustache.
What server are you on? And are you a hero or a villain?

No45 said:
Are we expecting that subscription deal to be global? I ask because I haven't seen it mentioned for the EU, but MCV make it sound as if it's for all.

I haven't played this nearly as much as I wanted to (Damn WoW for pulling me in at the wrong time) but I still really want to get into it.

Im living in hope, have a funny feeling we wont get it tho, need to check when my sub runs out...

hermit7

TheExodu5 said:
Which healing class are you? How did you spec your weapons?

I am nature with dual pistols.

The thing that I like is being more support, there are some spells that consume damage for a certain amount so I can cast that when entering a mob, and then only need to heal a certain amount.

There is also some good HoT (heal over time) spells that work to keep them topped off.

Finally if I am ever in deep shit there is Regenerate or Rejuvination which heals huge amounts for 15 or 20 seconds that quickly revives.

As for pistols the combos are easy to pull off and fast to execute.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lonestar said:
While I make my 3rd character. Went with something like Krypt mentioned, bought time for a female character. Villain named Matron Sombre.

So now I'm something like
OneStar (hero) level 22
DeathMaker (Villain) level 7
Matron Sombre (Villian) level 6
I've got two 30s, an 18, and a level 8 guy as of right now

Sblargh

Banned
Yay, ok, got a lvl 30 mental villain on redemption, if anyone wants to invite me to a league or just play around in co-op, PSN ID is Sblargh and the character is Rubeus.

DY_nasty

Boss drops in solo missions pre-30 are random too

why am i just now noticing this... i feel so stupid right now. Gonna take it to Alan Scott's ass til I get what I want.

hermit7

Well I have been leveling my new controller. Level 10 now.

Griefers aren't too bad yet, but I am sure at some point I am going to get pissed.

AstroLad said:
cool man adding you to my friends list. i'm astrolad L30 mental troller hero

Awesome. I'm pretty sure I've run by you a few times actually :lol

EDIT: Also, am I the only one who doesn't see this thread at all without searching for it? Did I accidentally hide it or something?

Bajan32

hermit7 said:

Griefers aren't too bad yet, but I am sure at some point I am going to get pissed.

hey Hermit I just rolled a fire tank im lvl 9, maybe we can run a few missions together or something.. watvh each others back lol..

new guy =
Brethren
kj/lvl9/fire/brawler/speed/luthor

should be on after work tonite

hermit7

Bajan32 said:
hey Hermit I just rolled a fire tank im lvl 9, maybe we can run a few missions together or something.. watvh each others back lol..

new guy =
Brethren
kj/lvl9/fire/brawler/speed/luthor

should be on after work tonite
Not a problem I will add you to my friends list and well roll.

I will be on at like 6ish 5 PST I think.

Foxix Von

ecnal said:
just picked this up.

pretty fun but i have no idea wtf im doing.

i'm a villain on KJ :D

Sweet if you want into the villain league add Penumbra, Enchantress, Verdandi, and Redeyez to your in game friends list. When you see one of us pop on send us a tell and we'll invite ya!

DY_nasty

DPS is fun, got a few more kinks to work out with my loadout. Still nothing like going balls out trying to kill bosses before they kill you. Any other fire players out there? Its a bit more difficult than I thought it would be to strike a balance between abilities.

Reignition is all the healing I need.

Fireburst is godlike. Fire shotgun
Mass Detonation is so ridiculously strong that it completely shames normal Det. I only have around 950 Might right now and its hit everyone around me for at least 550 - god help them if i land a crit
Eruption(Meteor)... I can't leave you alone. Those flying pussies think that they can just chill in the air with their little bow until you clown them. The splash and aoe is actually pretty good. My biggest issue is that I always have to throw it. I even went and put a point into super strength - don't even know if it helps (but it is a blast throwing buses at fools). I could probably get by with Fireball, its cheaper...

ecnal said:
just picked this up.

pretty fun but i have no idea wtf im doing.

i'm a villain on KJ :D
KJ is where the pimps reside

moai

Dont really understand what happens if i'm on the 30 day trial and change to the 90 day offer. Do i loose the remaining days of the trial or do they add up?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
moai said:
Dont really understand what happens if i'm on the 30 day trial and change to the 90 day offer. Do i loose the remaining days of the trial or do they add up?
It should stack on top.

RadarX said:
Legend Pricing for Legend Players
It's been an exciting month for us at DC Universe Online, with so many players creating their legend and trying to become the next ultimate hero or villain. Metropolis may be under siege and Gotham City in peril, but an overwhelming number of you have stepped up in their defense!

In appreciation of you pioneers we are going to be offering the chance to lock in an extraordinary promotional rate of only $29.99 for the 3-month DC Universe Online Legend Plan. That's over 25% OFF the regular 3-month subscription plan price of $41.99! You'll even be able to keep that rate for as long as you are actively subscribed and watch the savings pile up! You really won't want to miss out on this great opportunity! The new rate will be available on February 8th so look out for it!

Lock in your savings as soon as you can once its available! Here's why….

You'll need lock in this rate prior to the end of the 30-day subscription included with your software purchase, or by March 1, 2011 (when the promotion ends), whichever comes first. Why? – because if your current subscription plan kicks in before you choose the Legend Plan, the $29.99 rate wont apply until after your currently selected plan ends.

Hex

Banned
hermit7 said:

No real issue with griefers that I have seen on Death&Glory.
Even though I have held my own quite well.
You get the usual high 20s and 30s using low 8s, 9s, 10s to shark people toward them.
Every now and then you get 30s hawking the first couple of quest areas, especially around the doors to instances.
All and all though, pretty good stuff as far as pvp goes and no real assclowns.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i'm trying to understand the pvp armor. i get trading defense for toughness. but why does it almost all reduce your might so much? isn't might useful even in pvp? lev is my main attack against a single target and it gets seriously debuffed with all the pvp armor :/

theta11

AstroLad said:
i'm trying to understand the pvp armor. i get trading defense for toughness. but why does it almost all reduce your might so much? isn't might useful even in pvp? lev is my main attack against a single target and it gets seriously debuffed with all the pvp armor :/

It's so PvP last longer and isn't over in 5 seconds like WoW arenas lol

chixdiggit

Ok just started playing and I have a really stupid question. Where do you view how much EXP you have and how much you need to level up? Also is there a way to tell the level of other players?

hermit7

chixdiggit said:
Ok just started playing and I have a really stupid question. Where do you view how much EXP you have and how much you need to level up? Also is there a way to tell the level of other players?
It is the purple bar beneath your loadout.

Foxix Von

chixdiggit said:
Purple bar at the bottom, and you can view level and gear from the chat menu.

chixdiggit

Thanks guys. One more thing... When it says "I have mail" is this just the stuff that pops up in my journal? Or is it a separate menu? Also what exactly is the penalty for death? Can you lose items in PVP?

Hex

Banned
chixdiggit said:
Thanks guys. One more thing... When it says "I have mail" is this just the stuff that pops up in my journal? Or is it a separate menu?

Go to the mailbox in your starting area (police station or night club) and hit the email terminal to receive whatever item it is

icechai

AstroLad said:

but notice how it adds precision, think they want you to have more incentive to use weapon combo/block/interrupts rather than just spam powers.

DY_nasty

Obama is a beast.

I just can't fuck with him... his hands are too real.

icechai

i got them! hard mode alerts + duos = wings of light :D colored to your liking (based on your 3 colors)

MGOT101_SKYBOX-PC-08-0349020.jpg

AstroLad said:

spamming powers only works for certain powers and builds. Going for PVP sets will usually depend if your willing to trade off some of your dps for more lasting potential in PVP. Course the pvp sets also will often increase other stats. Some builds will obviously not be attracted to the pvp armor sets. Might doesn't mean much to my dude so much so the pvp armor is actually pretty good for me and far prefer the percision upgrade.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
New PS3 patch is out, looks like it adds the in game PS Store. 122MB Title Update and a 64MB in game download.

Store links are broken at the moment because the store hasn't been updated yet, but the categories are up (Subscriptions, Pre-Order, Launch Items, Style, Emblems, Consumables).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i wonder if they basically let you use real money to buy style/emblems/consumables available in the watchtower. i mean that wouldn't really have an effect on 99% of players because money is so plentiful in the game and those are all pretty cheap

Top Bottom