• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Finally downloaded and now playing. Someone took my name that i wanted to i settled with the name I had at the beta, Rez.

I am the villain that this city needs

2nkqom.jpg

2gt16ab.jpg

yencid

I wish SOE had a way so that you could look at your character online (that way ps3 users could show theirs)

Killthee said:
Oh how I wish they would add fucking screencaps to the PS3 version ;_;
or that

CaLe

If there's a guild going on Zero Hour, hit me up :)

My character's name is Pyroblast.

edit: Awesome pics Eaten By A Grue.

s67iwm.jpg

Haklong

In City of Heroes I mad Malcolm X-Man. Either someone took the name or it wont let me name my character that. Either way, made him in DC Online but named him Malcolm X.

He had the jacket and bow tie on but since i equipped new armor it is now gone.

CaLe

yencid said:
And with that... THE OP IS COMPLETE :D

Nice :) - Awesome job to you and Nightz !

Can someone please edit my entry in the Sheet ? I forgot to add these comments :

Fire, brawler, Flight.

Thanks!

Help

So I installed the game (PC retail), I get a station account.

When I try to set up the subscription for DCO it keeps trying to make me purchase the full game again. I already own it. Why can't i just put in the CD-key somewhere to activate it? Their site is confusing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
yencid said:
And with that... THE OP IS COMPLETE :D
Wow, it does look much better!

Nice work guys :D

DurielBlack said:
Help

So I installed the game (PC retail), I get a station account.

When I try to set up the subscription for DCO it keeps trying to make me purchase the full game again. I already own it. Why can't i just put in the CD-key somewhere to activate it? Their site is confusing.
Weenerz was having the same issue earlier today. I think he just kept trying till the website finally accepted his key. You might wanna try asking him exactly what he did or post a thread over at the official account issue forum.

ferr

Anyone know where to enter the cd key for the steam exclusive item?

Also, is there any sort of guest pass or trial?

Does the D2D $35 deal give you an authentication key that can be inputted into Steam? I'm guessing not since they are competitors...

I'm pretty Steam biased.

Varna

I think I will join this one. Looks like it can be a pretty fun mmo.

Wasn't there suppose to be cross platform play on this one?

yencid

By the way when i actually got to crime alley... for the first time ever in a video game i got emotional... I got that throat knot and everything. And im not even a big DC fan its just walking in there and seeing the rose on the floor.

CaLe

yencid said:
By the way when i actually got to crime alley... for the first time ever in a video game i got emotional... I got that throat knot and everything. And im not even a big DC fan its just walking in there and seeing the rose on the floor.

Damn :)

Where is it exactly.. ? Is it hard to find .. ?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ferr said:
Anyone know where to enter the cd key for the steam exclusive item?

Also, is there any sort of guest pass or trial?
Not 100% sure because I don't have the PC version, but I think you can enter it at the official site or in game using the Marketplace (the shopping cart in the Esc/Start Menu).

As for guest passes, I think the only versions with a guest passes are the retail Collector Editions (PC & PS3). A 10 day trial code for the PC version is included in both versions even though the only method to install the PC client if you bought the PS3 version is to download it from a torrent.

CaLe said:
Damn :)

Where is it exactly.. ? Is it hard to find .. ?
It should be somewhere in the map. You could also just do all the Gotham Booster Gold Tour quests, Crime Alley is one of the tour locations.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Aw shucks, looks like all of GAF is making PVE characters on the Redemption server. Me and a bunch of folks I knew from the beta made our guys on the Crisis server. :(

Baron Aloha said:
Aw shucks, looks like all of GAF is making PVE characters on the Redemption server. Me and a bunch of folks I knew from the beta made our guys on the Crisis server. :(
I have one on the Redemption server and one on the Crisis server too. I'll put the info in the Google doc. I'm planning to keep both of 'em going :)

hamchan

MisterAnderson said:
Does the D2D $35 deal give you an authentication key that can be inputted into Steam? I'm guessing not since they are competitors...

I'm pretty Steam biased.
Oh, what's this deal?

CaLe

Nightz said:
Added that in for ya. :D

Thanks man :)

I had to disconnect for a moment, I'll log back-in soon. I coudn't send or receive PMs or chat in the group channel.

It's a shame this game doesn't have a friend list...

Who here will subscribe to the lifetime membership ?

Calantus

i might give this a shot, gonna ponder on what kind of character i will make and will decide if i want to buy it tomorrow, getting it for 35 might tip me over..

yencid

CaLe said:

I had to disconnect for a moment, I'll log back-in soon. I coudn't send or receive PMs or chat in the group channel.

game has a friendlist o.o

Nightz

CaLe said:

Actually there's a friends list. Go to your Social menu, select Friends under Who. From there you can add friends. I've added every GAF member so far.

d0c_zaius

Nightz said:
Actually there's a friends list. Go to your Social menu, select Friends under Who. From there you can add friends. I've added every GAF member so far.

oh so they don't have to be tied to your PSN friends list? nice!

sometimes I get stuck on loading screens:(

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
It's my understanding that the collector's edition comes with a 10 day free trial code/guest pass type thing. If anyone is willing, I'd love to give this game a shot. Looks right up my ally I just am hesitant to get back into an MMO, but if the combat is as fun as you guys are making it seem compared to the usual MMO combat systems, I might be in for a treat. (PC preferably but I also have a PS3).

So is the world really that barren? There's no NPC civilians walking around or anything?
There are, but it's kinda light. Metropolis looked like, I don't know Albany, New York instead of New York City.

Shit has anyone done the Bee gang quests in Metropolis at the arena? I am getting my ass handed to me and then some. Unfortunately it does not look like many people are doing these quests so I am pretty much fighting them solo.

jogarrr

I'm getting outnumbered on Zero Hour. Five heroes and I'm still the only villain. :p

I might have to consider playing as a hero alt I was planning. Has anyone on Zero Hour started a League?

Nightz

jogarrr said:
I'm getting outnumbered on Zero Hour. Five heroes and I'm still the only villain. :p

I might have to consider playing as a hero alt I was planning. Has anyone on Zero Hour started a League?
I think someone did. I just tried creating 'GAF Justice League' and it says the name was already taken. :lol

I can create one now if you guys want.

bill0527

I'll add a bunch of you from the PS3 spreadsheet tomorrow.

Seems like a pretty cool game, that will get very hectic as the levels come. The controls aren't as bad as they could have been.

One problem I had already is that somebody, on night 1, already decided to grief us on the Redemption server. He positioned his toon in a doorway at the safehouse, such that nobody could get around him and he just stayed there. People needed to get through the doorway to get to the email station. He wouldn't move and nobody could get around him.

What they're going to have to do at some point in the future is either make those doorways bigger, or turn off collision detection in the safehouse. The latter would be a heckuva lot easier I would think.

I should have taken some pictures of my toon, I'll get around to it tomorrow.

His name is Mr Fister. He wears a black trench coat, black cape, big red letter F on the back of it, and I shoot purple shit out my hands.

Top Bottom