• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Macattk15

ChronicleX said:
Your right, it is a little more if you include your 3 minute cooldowns, it means every 3 minutes you get to press 1 extra button, oh Joy!

DC Universe is amazingly repetitive and just as boring as WoW.

Opinions of course.

Fitz

Good old patching, keeps doing a few hundred kb before halting then giving me an error and forcing me to restart the download, really wish it would patch through Steam instead of the loader.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, time to play Europa Universalis.
King Batman of Austria is about to have a royal marriage with Queen Catwoman of Bohemia.

Varna

Colkate said:
Good old patching, keeps doing a few hundred kb before halting then giving me an error and forcing me to restart the download, really wish it would patch through Steam instead of the loader.

It saves it's progress at least.

Colkate said:
I'm getting the same kind of error everytime I hit 30mb atm. 1gig patch is bad enough but a 1gig patch I can't download is another issue.

Wallach

Mine didn't start doing that until around ~600MB, but now it seems like it is okay and slowly picking speed back up (it was going quite fast before this started).

Fitz

Varna said:
It saves it's progress at least.

Ah yeah, so it does. It kept saying it was at 0KB every time it restarted but this time it seems to have jumped up to where it was before, nonetheless having to baby sit the loader at the moment isn't a whole lot of fun. Think I'll just try again later.

theta11

I received a patching error as well on the ps3 now it's not downloading anything at all.

Edit: I had to restart the game to get it to resume the download. =/

Edit 2: Error again, "Unable to download Game Assets" I retry and it says I'm downloading but it gives me no status so I really can't tell if it is downloading.

CozMick said:
Goddamn it, I'm stuck at 327mb left.

Can I restart with no problems?
Yeah, I stopped and restarted a few times. The amount that I had already downloaded stayed after I re-started. You should be fine.

BattleMonkey said:
Grumble.

I wasn't a glitcher (not even sure how that worked exactly) but pulse beam is definitely gimped now. It's really easy to interrupt and it doesn't seem to want to get going now. Meh.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is it just me or did they update the textures and the lighting engine for the PS3 version. I'm noticing things in Dr. Fates Hideout that I don't recall ever seeing or paying attention to. The drapes on the ceiling after the first force field, the pattern on the rug going down the steps to the second force field, the flame on the Ankh at the end of the hideout, and the textures on the Sentries look a lot better.

Wallach

Leunam said:
How many hits does Pulse Beam do now?

12, +2 from the initial ranged attacks for a total of 14 for the standard chain.

Edit - I'm in-game by the way, if anyone would like anything tested (I'm Metzger on the other forums).

Sweep shot is fixed (3 hits now, as I expected).

The UI is a million billion times smoother than before.

Leunam

Yeah I heard some moves are given a bar now during their animation and damage will stop racking up if it's canceled with powers. Good change, I think, but we'll see how it plays out.

Since pulse beam is now 12 hits and not 24, how long does it take to get them 12 hits? (If its 1/2 as long as before then its 1 of the 2 things I was expecting). The most important thing though.

Is the bug/exploit that let you instant cast anything fixed? And has the energy regen rates on the weapons that had better power regen at level 3 than 4 been adjusted?

Wallach

ChronicleX said:
Since pulse beam is now 12 hits and not 24, how long does it take to get them 12 hits? (If its 1/2 as long as before then its 1 of the 2 things I was expecting). The most important thing though.

Is the bug/exploit that let you instant cast anything fixed? And has the energy regen rates on the weapons that had better power regen at level 3 than 4 been adjusted?

Pulse Beam's duration hasn't changed. ~4s including the two ramp up blasts.

Not sure about the instant casts, but from what I can tell cancelling out of certain things will now prevent damage. Not everything; for example you can cancel single or low-hit stuff like Mortar or your lunge and still have the damage come out. But other moves (including some weapon attacks) now have progress bars, and cancelling out of them during that bar will cut off all damage from the point where you cancelled.

Not sure yet if the combo tier regeneration bug is fixed.

BattleMonkey said:
On PC or PS3?

PC.

Killthee

Wallach said:

It looks a little bit better on the PS3 as well. Little things like font size tweaks to the menus, snappier response time when bringing up the last menu/pressing the start button, faster quick menu response time, smaller quick menu, and no more obtrusive XMB keyboard when using a physicial keyboard.

The menu delay when switching tabs is still there though.

Sblargh

Banned
Killthee said:
It looks a little bit better on the PS3 as well. Little things like font size tweaks to the menus, snappier response time when bringing up the last menu/pressing the start button, faster quick menu response time, smaller quick menu, and no more obtrusive XMB keyboard when using a physicial keyboard.

The menu delay when switching tabs is still there though.

Sounds heavenly. Too bad I am in hell, where downloads take infinity to complete.
When I get to 99%, they'll have the new patch up.

(but srsly, if it is like you say, it is very very good)

Wallach said:
Pulse Beam's duration hasn't changed. ~4s including the two ramp up blasts.

Not sure about the instant casts, but from what I can tell cancelling out of certain things will now prevent damage. Not everything; for example you can cancel single or low-hit stuff like Mortar or your lunge and still have the damage come out. But other moves (including some weapon attacks) now have progress bars, and cancelling out of them during that bar will cut off all damage from the point where you cancelled.

Not sure yet if the combo tier regeneration bug is fixed.

Ok 4 secs for a measly 12 hits channelled easily makes that skill worthless now, 2 points saved. Might have to change my weapon to something else now, the main thing Handblasters had going for it was the quick high combo ability as its damage was lackluster. Now bow's outclass them in every aspect since they have fixed the ability to chain its amazing aoe attack (if the patch notes are to believed).

As for the instant cast bug, this is how its preformed. Hopefully it is fixed so posting this now should not effect anything. Do any charged weapon attack that causes you to remain motionless that has a followup charge attack that also causes you to remain motionless. Example, the handblasters 2xhold ranged attack. While holding down the first charge, use a skill (any skill, even with a casttime) then use the second part of the attack combo. The combo should go on as normal and the skill you picked will be instantly casted in the middle.

If that isn't fixed.... then many facepalms are in order.

Wallach

ChronicleX said:
Ok 4 secs for a measly 12 hits channelled easily makes that skill worthless now, 2 points saved. Might have to change my weapon to something else now, the main thing Handblasters had going for it was the quick high combo ability as its damage was lackluster. Now bow's outclass them in every aspect since they have fixed the ability to chain its amazing aoe attack (if the patch notes are to believed).

As for the instant cast bug, this is how its preformed. Hopefully it is fixed so posting this now should not effect anything. Do any charged weapon attack that causes you to remain motionless that has a followup charge attack that also causes you to remain motionless. Example, the handblasters 2xhold ranged attack. While holding down the first charge, use a skill (any skill, even with a casttime) then use the second part of the attack combo. The combo should go on as normal and the skill you picked will be instantly casted in the middle.

If that isn't fixed.... then many facepalms are in order.

I don't think it's particularly that bad, but if you do switch to bows, bear in mind that the AoE shot does not trigger even 1x on the combo meter, so chaining it does not provide regen.

I can't get the instant cast bug you described to work with Neural Neutralizer on my gadgets character, but you may want to try it yourself as bow is what I had equipped and it doesn't have a motionless charge that leads into another charge. What I saw was that if I killed Long Draw into Neural Neutralizer I got stuck in the latter's cast bar/animation immediately - Long Draw did not fire and I couldn't cancel into either of the trick shots.

At work so wont see the patch till much later. Auction house impressions sound good so far but does anyone know if you can preview styles from the auction house? Big thing about auctions to me will be to help complete or work on the look of my costumes so I would hope you can preview the style of items.

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
At work so wont see the patch till much later. Auction house impressions sound good so far but does anyone know if you can preview styles from the auction house? Big thing about auctions to me will be to help complete or work on the look of my costumes so I would hope you can preview the style of items.
There's a preview option in the broker.

Varna

Cleared cache, full scan and then one more 28mb update and I can finally play.

PVP should be more fun from now on. But they didn't go far enough. You shouldn't be able to complete any attack if you cancel. Lunge + Power still makes rolling away pointless.

Killthee

SpiderJerusalem said:
yea, I did that part. I was trying to do the alert thing but the damn thing froze on me as usual
They made it seem like it was gonna be a real alert not a 3 minute collect X number of items quest. : /

Wallach said:
I don't think it's particularly that bad, but if you do switch to bows, bear in mind that the AoE shot does not trigger even 1x on the combo meter, so chaining it does not provide regen.

I can't get the instant cast bug you described to work with Neural Neutralizer on my gadgets character, but you may want to try it yourself as bow is what I had equipped and it doesn't have a motionless charge that leads into another charge. What I saw was that if I killed Long Draw into Neural Neutralizer I got stuck in the latter's cast bar/animation immediately - Long Draw did not fire and I couldn't cancel into either of the trick shots.

It does not provide regen but it also does not take away +% damage buffs, meaning if you use a +60% skill you keep +60% for 3 minutes provided you only use that attack. Anyways instant casting bug is fixed however the take screenshot function now seems to be broken!

Top Bottom