• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Read it gave marks of allegiance, so assume that it does give renown as well though not sure what kind of renown for the heroes... I guess Batmans peeps, and rogues for villains I would assume.

Sblargh

Banned
ChronicleX said:
It does not provide regen but it also does not take away +% damage buffs, meaning if you use a +60% skill you keep +60% for 3 minutes provided you only use that attack. Anyways instant casting bug is fixed however the take screenshot function now seems to be broken!

:lol

All in all, a good trade, I suppose.
Keep the flame alive, SOE.
-
And yay, download reached the 2 hour mark. 10% left.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BattleMonkey said:
Read it gave marks of allegiance, so assume that it does give renown as well though not sure what kind of renown for the heroes... I guess Batmans peeps, and rogues for villains I would assume.
Yeah, 125 Rogues renown for villains.

Sblargh

Banned
Catwoman challenge is great. Longer than the others, offers almost no challenge so to speak (it is really made for someone who just hit 30 find challenging), but it has a nice little story and it is very entertaining in general.

Grinchy

Banned
So I've only loaded it up recently and played a single PVP match, but wow this feels significantly more solid than before.

FaidSint

Sblargh said:
Catwoman challenge is great. Longer than the others, offers almost no challenge so to speak (it is really made for someone who just hit 30 find challenging), but it has a nice little story and it is very entertaining in general.

I wish they'd have more of these. Good length, not insanely challenging, but a good story.

They should start adapting some of the better DC Trades into challenges, I'd love to play through some of the classics in my library.

Sblargh

Banned
Bane duo is also good. A bit harder then the others.
Also, mini-bosses on duos now give mark of allegiance, which is used to purchase the legendary Useless Armor.

Sblargh said:
Also, mini-bosses on duos now give mark of allegiance, which is used to purchase the legendary Useless Armor.

That's cool... I don't mind, because you can trade the marks of allegiance for marks of triumph

I just hope they do what keeps getting suggested, and make it so that players can buy marks of victory with influence since after 30 it becomes useless pretty quick.

Fitz

So, the final fight in the Inner Sanctum raid actually requires effort which makes a nice change, it's still not crazy difficult, but it requires a lot of rolling away from disco lights all over the place.

Sblargh said:

A much needed change. I was fed up of having todo the same old challenge missions everyday in order to complete my sets. Now I can just do duos and the odd strikers thing to get my final set at my own pace. Hoarry!

Still done batcave II tonight, yep its harder. Could a pug do it? Nope. Is the reward for completing it justified? Nope, same loot as the other 2, and less T2 marks too. (It gives 9 overall, Part 1 gives 10 and Kahndaq gives 14).

PS3 is definitely running better post patch. UI loads smoother overall even though it still has lag, but lot of little improvements also such as placement of things.

Game overall seems to have had a bit of an overhaul on various art assets as mentioned before colors and textures seem improved in many areas, more reflective surfaces, and little things such as the new legends character portraits. Overall it seems to be running much better on PS3 now, though of course it's no PC version.

Ugh, the stupid bug that doesn't let you scroll down to see full stats of an item in the loot window is still in.

Also stupid auction house does not let you compare the stats of items your looking at with your own like you normally can with everything else? What good is it for me to look at random stats without comparison?

Killthee

The Extractor said:
lol @ people selling items for $100k or $200k, wtf!
I bought a collection earlier today for $1000 thinking the broker would only show me collections I hadn't collected. Turns out it doesn't so I put it back up for sale in the broker and raised the price to $15k. A couple of hours later I get 15k in the mail...... lol

EekTheKat

Anyone else see the same problem I'm seeing with the "shooter" config?

Shooter config basically maps R1 as range attack, but it seems to break the L2 + face button action buttons.

L2 + Triangle doesn't work , the slot is activated by L2 + R1 instead. L2 + O seems to default to block as well.

I did do the Aphrodite encounter with a PUG earlier today,the strat I used was basically I "tanked" it as a healer while the rest of my group ran the hearts.

Killthee said:
I bought a collection earlier today for $1000 thinking the broker would only show me collections I hadn't collected. Turns out it doesn't so I put it back up for sale in the broker and raised the price to $15k. A couple of hours later I get 15k in the mail...... lol

Damn! I should have jacked up the prices on the stuff I'm selling.

Wow, tons of lock ups since the update.

I had to restart my system several times, once in the middle of a PvP legends match that took forever to get into. Another was in a duo after we'd progressed pretty far. This kind of stuff makes me want to not play anymore =/

Sblargh

Banned
Auction house is, quite obviously, a huge help when completing style sets.
-
I worry a bit about these metrics of them saying people enjoy the duos.
I like the duos, but I vastly prefer the alerts and raids. I only do more duos, because the queue system allows me to without having to LFG and wait.

The Valentines stuff is really random and wierd, but the love jacket is pretty swanky.

Btw, how the hell do you capture hearts when doing that platform jumping thing?

BattleMonkey said:
Btw, how the hell do you capture hearts when doing that platform jumping thing?

That part was so fucking frustrating, sometimes I would go right through the hearts and they wouldn't register and other times I would graze them and it would register.

Killthee

The Extractor said:
That part was so fucking frustrating, sometimes I would go right through the hearts and they wouldn't register and other times I would graze them and it would register.
Same. The hit detection + the acrobatic hover mechanics make it one extra shitty quest objective.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sblargh said:
Auction house is, quite obviously, a huge help when completing style sets.
-
I worry a bit about these metrics of them saying people enjoy the duos.
I like the duos, but I vastly prefer the alerts and raids. I only do more duos, because the queue system allows me to without having to LFG and wait.
Yeah I agree. Duos are generally really boring compared to almost anything else. I still like them fine but the reason they get any love imo is because:
-you can get in instantly whereas it sometimes takes 60m+ to get into an arena and 30m+ to get into an alert.
-they are easier and don't depend on teamwork so even when paired with a bonehead you can beat them.
-they are way less buggy than the alerts, which combined with the above leads to far fewer failed instances.

haven't played in a few days, probably go on some time this week to try out the vday stuff

CozMick

Banned
More questions guys,

Are styles anything more than a preferred visual?

What exactly is a controller? I unlocked it at lvl 10.

Oh and, this game is absolutely phenomenal, not to compare games but WoW bored the shit out of me and didn't last a couple of days, this just clicks instantly.

Did my first Legends PvP and Alerts last night...loved them, I'm hooked.

:D

CozMick said:
More questions guys,

Are styles anything more than a preferred visual?

What exactly is a controller? I unlocked it at lvl 10.

Oh and, this game is absolutely phenomenal, not to compare games but WoW bored the shit out of me and didn't last a couple of days, this just clicks instantly.

Did my first Legends PvP and Alerts last night...loved them, I'm hooked.

:D

Styles are just visual representation of an item. As you equip items you unlock whatever style is associated with it. This is a unique aspect of DCUO in that you keep the unlocked styles and can basically make any piece of gear you have look like whatever you want as long as you have unlocked it into your collection. Collecting styles also has a bunch of feats attached to them.

Controller is the role associated with your characters power set you chose. If you press up on the D-pad you will get the option to "change stance". This lets you switch between damage and controller stances. Basically the stance you are in determines how certain powers work. If you look at power descriptions, you will see that it says stuff like Controller and damage with text under each. The power does what it says in the text under controller for example only when you are in controller stance. Basically the game lets everyone on the fly switch their roles. For the most part you will not use your role usually until you are playing group content with others.

Controllers main role is to weaken and slow down enemies, and also to help regenerate the power of the group you are in.

The other roles are tanks and healers. Tanks obviously are meant to soak up damage and try to draw the enemies to them, and healers obviously mainly heal players life. Damage role is what everyone starts the game as and is the default mode, which is where players usually can do the most amount of damage in.

Also note that when you go to 'loadouts' where you configure your power hot bar, you also can configure your power sets for use in different roles, so when you switch to a role, your powers will change as you have selected, so a person will want to customize it to better play their role.

Leunam

BattleMonkey said:
Basically the game lets everyone on the fly switch their roles. For the most part you will not use your role usually until you are playing group content with others.

Not technically true. You can only switch roles outside of battle.

As a controller, you should probably stay in that role. From my understanding, any difference in damage is negligible between DPS and controller roles.

CozMick

Banned
@ BattleMonkey,

Thank you once again for the info, appreciate it.

Makes the game that little bit more enjoyable when I understand what everything means :)

Leunam said:
Not technically true. You can only switch roles outside of battle.

As a controller, you should probably stay in that role. From my understanding, any difference in damage is negligible between DPS and controller roles.

Gear is the main thing that will set you apart from being a controller or DPS role. Controller gear in general will greatly reduce once DPS while increasing their controller abilities.

CozMick

Banned
Hmmm why can't I add a subscription to my account?

On my brothers PS3 the subs and offers are there but on mine they ain't there, it just says No content found.

Sblargh

Banned
LOL!
The greates glitch just happened.
Doing a duo on Gotham University, everything normal. Then we get to Isis.
And she is double.
And not only she is double, she summons double the mummies, double the scarabs. And when we kill enough to trigger one of them, that is, half of the gazillion stuff on screen, she try to attack, with still a lot of mummies/scarabs on screen. And since there is always a zillion shit dieing all the time, we were having basically infinite power.
It was like, challenge mode.
After a long battle, we eventually died (as I kind of predicted) when both of them were summoning scorched scarabs and both of them doing the fire attack that takes quite a bit of damage.
-
Should be a feature.

Sblargh said:
LOL!
And she is double.
And not only she is double, she summons double the mummies, double the scarabs. And when we kill enough to trigger one of them, that is, half of the gazillion stuff on screen, she try to attack, with still a lot of mummies/scarabs on screen. And since there is always a zillion shit dieing all the time, we were having basically infinite power.
After a long battle, we eventually died (as I kind of predicted) when both of them were summoning scorched scarabs and both of them doing the fire attack that takes quite a bit of damage.
-
Should be a feature.
ha! This happened to me in the Bane duo-- two Banes, two Nightwings. We somehow managed to get through it though :p

Leunam

Damn, I just now remembered that I picked up a trinket from the Vault that transforms me into a Manhunter. Never got a chance to try it out last night.

Leunam

Varna is on pretty regularly, I think. I've been playing a little less lately, but I'd jump in a league if you made one. Doesn't have to be strictly GAF either, since we won't have a sizeable league if we only restrict it to GAF members.

Mafro

CozMick said:

On my brothers PS3 the subs and offers are there but on mine they ain't there, it just says No content found.
Same thing happened to me. I want to take advantage of that 90 day sub offer, but when I search for DCU on the PSN store and go to that bit, it's blank.

Apparently it appears after your initial free trial period is over, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Was able to sign up for the 3 month plan before my free trial ended. When the prompt comes up when you launch the game I just pressed square and it took me to the PSN store where I was able to purchase it.

Sblargh

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Was able to sign up for the 3 month plan before my free trial ended. When the prompt comes up when you launch the game I just pressed square and it took me to the PSN store where I was able to purchase it.

Me too, exactly like this.

CozMick

Banned
BattleMonkey said:

Do the subs stack?

Don't wanna lose my 30 day free trial :p

Killthee

CozMick said:

US/NA PSN account? One PSN account per disc. You have to redeem the one month trial/subscription entitlement code on your PSN account before it'll let you purchase a sub. Without that sub entitlement flag on your account you can't purchase a US sub.

I think Euro accounts work a bit differently. You can purchase a sub without a code, but you can't change subscription plan while in the middle of a subscribed period. If you try to buy a new sub while in the middle of your free trial/your current sub, you'll get a content not found error.

icechai

Leunam said:
Varna is on pretty regularly, I think. I've been playing a little less lately, but I'd jump in a league if you made one. Doesn't have to be strictly GAF either, since we won't have a sizeable league if we only restrict it to GAF members.

yeah, i'd be down to join (my main is "Shatter Boy" now), as i just get on now and solo/pub stuff :(.

Grinchy

Banned
CozMick said:
Do the subs stack?

Don't wanna lose my 30 day free trial :p
I know your question has been answered but I can confirm it.

You will see the dates if you go into your transaction management, then services list (through the PS3 XMB). I would suggest going into there and turning off automatic renewals as well.

Also remember, if you've only told it to cancel automatic renewal once, you haven't actually canceled anything. You have to go into that services list and tell it to cancel DCUO specifically as well.

Sblargh said:
LOL!
And she is double.
-
Should be a feature.

Same thing happened to me early this morning, but I had to solo the pair of them. Was nuts. Fire tank FTW <3

Top Bottom