• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

kyo_daikun said:
Whats the exchange rate, 1>1?

Read it was 10 mol for 1 mov, haven't gone to see it myself but they were talking of it on the forum as one of the changes that wasn't listed in the patch notes. Similar to the trade of marks of allegiance, for marks of triumph.

Fitz

Yeah the rate is indeed 10:1. Pretty cool change as Marks of Legend were pointless once you'd bought all the characters.

I just hope they do something similar for Influence points too as once you hit 30 and get some good gear, you end up hoarding thousads of Influene with nothing to use it on.

hermit7

That patch screwed me. They took my one damage dealing power and made like a 3 second delay where you can't be hit before the damage takes effect.

It is not even a casting time. Going to have to respect or just play in the healing role.

Grinchy

Banned
If there are any villains on No Man's Land who would like to group up for some Alerts please let me know. I'm a pretty decent healer! 1244 Resto so far but it's gonna be 1300 soon.

I'm just completely done using the queue system to do Alerts. I basically only play Duos because of how awful it is trying to group with random people.

Grinchy said:
If there are any villains on No Man's Land who would like to group up for some Alerts please let me know. I'm a pretty decent healer! 1244 Resto so far but it's gonna be 1300 soon.

I'm just completely done using the queue system to do Alerts. I basically only play Duos because of how awful it is trying to group with random people.

Hey, Join me and my league on No Man's (villain): http://www.onslaughtinc.com/

We run H Alerts, Duos, and Raids.

Varna

All right. So what heroes on Death and Glory are interested in getting the a league together? I was trying to keep the first one GAF exclusive at first because there was a lot of GAF people playing during those days. But out of the 10 or so names I got from the spread sheet... not one logs in any more.

Varna said:
All right. So what heroes on Death and Glory are interested in getting the a league together? I was trying to keep the first one GAF exclusive at first because there was a lot of GAF people playing during those days. But out of the 10 or so names I got from the spread sheet... not one logs in any more.

I'll log in tomorrow night, I already added you to my friends list. Character name Ogami.

Grinchy

Banned
Me and a guy named Fire Soul ran through all the Duos and only died because of the Isis^2 glitch. We were really close to beating the first Isis, but the room started to look like Dead Rising: Mummy Edition and we couldn't keep up.

I have enough for my 3rd Tier 1 piece of PVE gear though!

Leunam

Varna said:

I've been levelling a new Hero, but add Laugh and we can organize some HAs.

Varna

Grinchy said:
Me and a guy named Fire Soul ran through all the Duos and only died because of the Isis^2 glitch. We were really close to beating the first Isis, but the room started to look like Dead Rising: Mummy Edition and we couldn't keep up.

I have enough for my 3rd Tier 1 piece of PVE gear though!

Do you get double the rewards when that happens? Bane might be tough... but Isis could be manageable.

Varna said:
Do you get double the rewards when that happens? Bane might be tough... but Isis could be manageable.

No, only 1 set of drops. The second you kill either 1 the game "saves" that you have beaten that boss so you cannot get loot from the other one. I ended up having to solo a double isis the other day, it was only possible because the ton of mummy that spawned allowed me to spam Backdraft to stay alive, while flying above their heads so they cannot hit me.

Anyone have any ideas on who to contact to haggle about getting a three-month sub refunded?

I've had it with the endless glitches, bugs and problems.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mercury Fred said:
Anyone have any ideas on who to contact to haggle about getting a three-month sub refunded?

I've had it with the endless glitches, bugs and problems.
All PS Store sales are final, you probably wont be able to get a refund.

Killthee said:
All PS Store sales are final, you probably wont be able to get a refund.
I have a history of being a very persistent and difficult customer in these situations :D

It's a shame though. I love the game, but I've now played in at least five different matches/ duos/ challenge mode levels that didn't reward what was meant to be there and in one case didn't even register that I completed the level. And that's in addition to all of the other problems, glitches, freezes, etc.

To me, this game is still a beta and it's shameful that this is considered a retail release. I would advise anyone on the fence to not opt in on this, unfortunately.

Mercury Fred said:
I have a history of being a very persistent and difficult customer in these situations :D

It's a shame though. I love the game, but I've now played in at least five different matches/ duos/ challenge mode levels that didn't reward what was meant to be there and in one case didn't even register that I completed the level. And that's in addition to all of the other problems, glitches, freezes, etc.

To me, this game is still a beta and it's shameful that this is considered a retail release. I would advise anyone on the fence to not opt in on this, unfortunately.

Hear this with pretty much all MMOs it's first couple months. It takes time to iron out all the bugs in these games an no MMO has launched without a load of bugs in it's first couple months. Perhaps it would be best to just take a bit of a break from the game and come back a bit later. I so far haven't had any problems with the new patch or glitches, it's been running better for me. Outside of the crappy Valentines stuff it's been a great improvement for me.

You sure you are not getting marks since it no longer shows in the chat window as they moved it all to the combat/loot windows in the chat interface now. I was thinking the game was not giving me marks at first but it was when I counted and checked the other chat tabs.

icechai

Varna said:

"Shatter Boy" is who I use now.

Grinchy

Banned
Do any other rifle users feel like sometimes when you hold triangle and press back on the joystick that instead of you doing the backflip, you use your flamethrower instead? I am either going crazy enough to think I'm pressing backwards when I'm pressing forwards, or something weird is going on.

Fitz

The move you do depends on which way your character is facing, when I was using rifles on my healer I'd often cast a heal which would rotate my character if I held back whilst casting, then try to do a Mortar Strike but end up doing the forward flip. That may be your problem.
I believe using WASD mode alleviates the problem, no idea if that's available on consoles though.

Nishastra

Banned
Hmm. Seems they doubled the cost of Throwing Knives?

That makes me sad, but it's not surprising. It was waaaay too cheap for how strong and fast it was :p

Nishastra

Banned
The cost might have tripled, actually. It used to be really low. Hard to say for sure.

It's still great, though. You just can't spam it as much :p

I just had a really annoying Ace Chemicals match. It was shaping up to be a 3v4 match, which isn't unwinnable, but as soon as it became clear that no one else was going to join, the 3rd person (someone named VonderVoman) dropped, which screwed us over completely.

The enemy wasn't great, but there's really no way to win in that situation unless they're idiots, which they were not.

I did have a Batcave match immediately afterwards, however, which had the worst hero player from the previous match in it (it's been a long time since I've been able to actually use Mega Smash :p), so I got a bit of revenge and the Think Fast and PvP MVP feats on my newest character :p

icechai

ChronicleX said:
You think you got it bad? Fire tanks got a 23% hp nerf that they did not deserve while Ice remains OP and untouched.

not completely untouched, have a few moves where after frame cancelling, attacks just don't seem to do damage for a few seconds. Also we have a big glitch w/ a move that affects enemies after they respawn... kinda messed up, hope they fix it because suddenly all the villains on d&g are turning into ice users, lame.. and all of them of course use rifle or bow.

oh and all of ice's damage skills pretty much are useless as they require 4 second charges, and you can do more damage comboing + movement skill

and now in legends robin is the best character as they boosted his damage, bane's rock throw is less thankfully, and catwoman is 2nd best.

Foxix Von

Man I need to get back into this this week. I've been sucked back into persona and I've had a cold, sorry for missing out on what I'm sure have been awesome games.

icechai said:
not completely untouched, have a few moves where after frame cancelling, attacks just don't seem to do damage for a few seconds. Also we have a big glitch w/ a move that affects enemies after they respawn... kinda messed up, hope they fix it because suddenly all the villains on d&g are turning into ice users, lame.. and all of them of course use rifle or bow.

and now in legends robin is the best character as they boosted his damage, bane's rock throw is less thankfully, and catwoman is 2nd best.

Noticed a lot of folks using robin suddenly in Legends and didn't know why

Varna

I found one of those sweet 99DPS controller rifles... why the fuck wasn't rifle balanced in the update? You can still pretty much cancel out of any multi-hit attack and get all your damage.

Jest

noobie said:
has it got the community or the players are fast leaving after the end of free first month??

I think most people are enamoured with RIFT atm, but once they realize it's the same old same old as WoW, they'll be back. I also expect a surge near the release of the Green Lantern movie.

Grinchy

Banned
Yep my experience with this game has all been on PS3 on the No Man's Land server, and it seems like everything is just fine population-wise.

I haven't noticed any difference since the end of the free month. The legends pricing scheme even tricked me into believing I was getting a great deal for signing my life away for the next 3 months too! I'm still loving the level 30 grind so far.

I can see the game lasting longer and doing better in the end on the PS3. It likely has a different crowd who wants console MMO's. It's tougher for the PC version I think with all the competition

Jest

BattleMonkey said:
I can see the game lasting longer and doing better in the end on the PS3. It likely has a different crowd who wants console MMO's. It's tougher for the PC version I think with all the competition

It would be a bummer to have to buy the game again, on PS3.

Sblargh

Banned
noobie said:
has it got the community or the players are fast leaving after the end of free first month??

Redemption on the PS3 have a good number of people lately, seems to have increased, but maybe it is only my perception.
It is not being hard to find groups these days.

eznark

Banned
Man, just completed the Trigon quest line but the audio was bugged. Seemed like a cool quest, too bad I heard none of it.

Level 28!

I had the PS3 version and I sold it for the PC version because of the menu lag (which I found out is still present in the PC version) and the better PC graphics.

Isn't there a website that shows you the population of MMOs?

Varna

The Extractor said:
I had the PS3 version and I sold it for the PC version because of the menu lag (which I found out is still present in the PC version) and the better PC graphics.

Isn't there a website that shows you the population of MMOs?

There is menu lag with the gamepad... seems to be built in. Hotkeys work fantastic though.

This game's population is definitely dropping very quickly. Maybe some will return after some good updates.

So as a relatively low geared level 30 healer what should I be doing? I feel like I can't do enough damage to do the solo missions. I've already done all the duos a couple times, but I feel like I'm too weak for some of the hard alerts and nowhere near strong enough for the Raids.

Well as a healer you are not really meant to be doing any heavy dps or taking lot of damage, you want to be staying back. The most important thing about a healer is being able to give out good strong heals frequently and keeping the rest of the group alive. Focus on your healing stats, grind or work for the gear to improve your healing while at the same time likely your defenses to withstand damage. Invest time into getting feats to earn more skill points to invest into trees that can help increase your healing and defenses as well.

Yeah that has been what I'm doing, but most of the feats I have left are getting to be bigger ordeals. I'm at about 34 skill points. Are all the missions I got at lvl 30 even worth it? They don't give marks and the equipment doesn't seem that great either.

brucewaynegretzky said:
Yeah that has been what I'm doing, but most of the feats I have left are getting to be bigger ordeals. I'm at about 34 skill points. Are all the missions I got at lvl 30 even worth it? They don't give marks and the equipment doesn't seem that great either.

There might be feats attached to them, most of the lvl 30 content though gives marks of some kind so not sure which ones you are talking about. Also doing the daily challenge mode quests for renown also have better loot than their original run, they are good way of getting some early pre tier gear and there is some nice purple items one has a chance of getting doing the dailies.

Grinchy

Banned
The solo daily missions are pretty difficult for a newly level 30 healer IMO. I remember dying many times. You have to trek through them very slowly, trying to pull as few mobs as possible at each exchange and just keep powering through that way.

The reason you should keep at it is because you will end up getting some blue healer gear this way, which helps in Duos (which get you more of your healer gear so you can do the easier alerts).

Once you start getting some Tier gear, and the Duos start feeling easier, start doing all your solo and Duo missions in damage stance. That way you can still heal (although your heals will be much lower) but your damage will actually be fast enough to kill mobs before they can kill you and the quests aren't taking as much time. You can usually tell who is newer to doing Duos by the fact that they don't switch to damage stance.

Leunam

Damn, sorta terrible Smallville run last night.

Got invited to the group and we get into the instance right away. Me (Controller), two healers and a tank. We wipe on the first part because tank goes in and gets beasted on and we all die right after. We stick together and get the first part done but wipe on the boss because I'm pulling WAY more hate than the tank is. This tank, for some reason, won't stop spamming ranged attack at close range and I barely have to manage his power because he's hardly using it.

Anyway, we get to the second part and it glitches on us. Lady Doombringer spawns with only two citizens captured. We wipe maybe twice because either the nature healer attacks in a less than ideal spot or the tank engages like an idiot. So right when I say that we need to regroup, the nature healer gets pissed and says we're the worst group ever. Sorc healer tells him he's the biggest douche ever. So rather than try and formulate a plan and lead (it's his group), nature healer bails. So now I'm stuck with a shitty tank who must be mute or something, and a hole in the team.

No matter, the three of us pull Doombringer to a great spot where we get very few adds and take her down, slowly but surely. Again, I keep pulling hate, but thankfully some nicely placed colas and well timed heals keep us all alive. She goes down and we move onto the next part of the mission.

The three of us acquire lab coats and infiltrate the camp, but the next part doesn't activate because the mission prompt is stuck at 3/4 (for amount of people that need coats). So I run back, remove the disguise and get a new coat and voila, it works! We wrap up and luckily we get another tank in the room. "Yay!" I says to myself. But while we're all running around looking like Doomsday the new guy doesn't transform and is instead flying around with his bigass hammer.

Awesome.

Again, it's up to us three OGs to get it done and we engage Dr. Richards and his clones and proceed from there. Once that's done we get to the barn and lo and behold, the actual Doomsday fight goes off without a hitch! Got a good neckpiece out of it and some valuable experience and manage to complete the Smallville investigation while I'm at it.

Note to self: find a league.

Top Bottom