• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Leunam

Laugh is my main. I also made Twelve and Seibzehn but I don't know if I'll stick with them. I'm on the Death & Glory server.

EDIT: I also have a villain named Fix but I haven't played with him much either. Been focusing on gearing up Laugh.

icechai

brucewaynegretzky said:
So as a relatively low geared level 30 healer what should I be doing? I feel like I can't do enough damage to do the solo missions. I've already done all the duos a couple times, but I feel like I'm too weak for some of the hard alerts and nowhere near strong enough for the Raids.

also sorcery and nature are drastically different. if you're nature you should be able to join in right away with some of the shapeshifting forms, while sorcery requires more careful playing and gear.

hermit7

brucewaynegretzky said:
Yeah I'm a sorcery. I do virtually no damage. What should I be doing to find good gear? Duos? Easier Hard Alerts?

Start with some of the easy alerts, and heal in them. Area 51, Armory, and Ace. You can also do the Duos as they are all pretty easy to complete as long as you have a competent partner. Once you get enough Marks of Triumph start buying Tier 1 gear.

After you have a good amount of armor that is from duos and alerts (not necessarily all Tier 1) but loot you can start doing the Tier 1 recommended alerts.

After getting 3 tier 1 you should be able to run Outer Batcave, and Khandaq. You need a few more for Inner (probably 4, because you're a healer and you hopefully won't be taking much damage anyways.)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
New hotfix tomorrow morning:

RadarX said:
The servers will be coming down at the normal restart time and have a hotfix applied to address a few outstanding issues. Players may notice the following changes:

• Epic PVP neck items now have the correct icons in your inventory.
  • “Be Mine Hearts” can now be rolled on as loot.
  • Fixed an issue causing the first console in the Cape Carmine Lighthouse to sometimes fail to spawn.
  • Corrected an issue that caused Gorilla, Insect and Ice Elemental forms to occasionally cause no damage.
  • Fixed an issue causing some Nature abilities to do reduced damage.
  • Only one Isis will spawn in the Gotham University Duo. ( :( )
  • Fixed an issue where Ice Bash could continue to damage the player after they were Knocked Out
  • The Gotham University Warehouse playroom will now be accessible even if you have completed the Mission.
  • Valentine’s bosses will now drop Bite Me and Super candies.
  • All bosses will drop Seasonal items more frequently.
  • Fixed an issue allowing players to stay in the Harley Legends form when a match ended.
  • Sorting the items in the Broker by name will now show all items of the same name.

axdenied

Neo Member
Anyone here playing the PC version ?

Man, every night I log on, and all but 2 servers have a low population.

I hope I didn't waste my lifetime membership...

icechai

axdenied said:
Anyone here playing the PC version ?

Man, every night I log on, and all but 2 servers have a low population.

I hope I didn't waste my lifetime membership...

a couple of us play on d&g, and that's the server that really doesn't have problem with population.

Grinchy

Banned
Cool to see they are still on the ball with fixing things, even though I kinda like the 2(Isis) glitch. This game is so goood.

So I just found out how to equip any item regardless of level, role or mentor. Sad part is its really easy todo, so simple you could do it by accident. So I now got a level 3 tech Sourcey decked out in magic t1 dps gear / pvp blues. I am really getting sick of the new bugs / exploits that appear everyday, especially ones like this.

Leunam

That's funny, because yesterday on the DCUO forums some guy claimed the same thing and everyone was bitching at him for trolling.

I should clarify, I believe you, it just sucks that now that means that there's confirmation for it.

Leunam said:
That's funny, because yesterday on the DCUO forums some guy claimed the same thing and everyone was bitching at him for trolling.

I should clarify, I believe you, it just sucks that now that means that there's confirmation for it.

They have to do it in the bug reports, not random forum posts. Post up the exact steps in bug reports and let them know it's a problem. People seem afraid though at times to put stuff up in the bug area of the forum since they think everyone is just going to do it then for the hell of it.

Fitz

BattleMonkey said:
They have to do it in the bug reports, not random forum posts. Post up the exact steps in bug reports and let them know it's a problem. People seem afraid though at times to put stuff up in the bug area of the forum since they think everyone is just going to do it then for the hell of it.

That seems like a good thing to me, the more people are exploiting bugs the more incentive SOE has to get hotfixes rolled out faster.

hermit7

Killthee said:
New hotfix tomorrow morning:

Nice, good to see a bit of a buff on nature. Hopefully it is fixing Impaling thorns. That was screwed up in the patch where damage would not register for like 2 seconds and you couldn't get hit or it would cancel out.

Sblargh

Banned
it sucks that every single day some fucking thing happen on a dungeon. Be someone freezing, be you freezing, be some door not opening - either at all or for the whole party - be some boss reseting (fucking Zeta drone on batcave 2 resetted one of these days. Yesterday on Arkham, when scarecrow disappears before reappering, he came back with full health). Today on the Bane duo, bane got stuck somewhere while going to the pillar, he couldnt be hit, he couldnt hit, we couldnt leave the room because boss fight was still going. Be getting a new full group and starting on a halfway glitched instance.

Every. Fucking. Day.
Get your shit together SoE, you made an excellent game, don't let glitches kill it.

Varna

That's the truth. :(

Yesterday during the inner Batcave raid the fucken loot window glitches out for me and I wasn't able to roll on anything. The other controller said I could have everything except weapons...

theta11

I'm reaching my end with this game, every bug fix creates 2, there just seems to be no QA at all and to double it there is no acknowledgement of issues from developers. Trying to post on the official forums is a joke because once you complain the DCUO defense force swoop in derail the thread and in no time its locked, buried and forgotten without anything being addressed.

Then there's the content patch...Dual pistol got fixed but guess what, there is a new exploit that does the same damage and to make it worse it appears their attempt to fix animation cancelling seems to have broken every weapon in the game, apparently on the forums RadarX is calling it the "combat bug"...*sigh*.

You can use another bug to equip 2 weapons at the same time and the DPS and the stats stack so if you have access to 2 97.1 DPS weapons you can stack them for crazy damage.

They desperately need a public test server because it obvious at this point there are no internal test servers. Most of the people I talk to don't hate the game they are just frustrated. Maybe I should try RIFT out. :\

Sblargh

Banned
Got 5 tier 1 pieces on my sorcery healer hero now. 1 tier 2 and the other 2 are loot from raids, one better than tier 1 and the other better than tier 2. So I'd say this character is basically complete as a huge time sink, and I can just do the daily stuff with her, get in a raid on the weekends and focus on making a villain gadget controller.

I do appreciate how this game let you make a bunch of characters and how differently they play.

theta11 said:
You can use another bug to equip 2 weapons at the same time and the DPS and the stats stack so if you have access to 2 97.1 DPS weapons you can stack them for crazy damage.\

You can't be serious?

icechai

hermit7 said:
Nice, good to see a bit of a buff on nature. Hopefully it is fixing Impaling thorns. That was screwed up in the patch where damage would not register for like 2 seconds and you couldn't get hit or it would cancel out.

don't count on it, they added delay to sorcery's ruin because that skill was way overpowered when you cancel into it/out of it, same thing with impaling thorns. It's actually not bad at all, in comparison, ice's impaling thorn like skill takes a 4s cast time. I'd say nature & sorc get the better end of the deal, especially as the animation isn't exactly slow. I've used it a ton in pvp lately, and my 25 nature has been destroying lvl 30 guys (i use dps mode and the damage dots + impaling thorn). But i guess those dots are supposed to do more damage? awesome, but this means people will leave ice and everyone will make a nature toon :p.

hermit7

icechai said:
don't count on it, they added delay to sorcery's ruin because that skill was way overpowered when you cancel into it/out of it, same thing with impaling thorns. It's actually not bad at all, in comparison, ice's impaling thorn like skill takes a 4s cast time. I'd say nature & sorc get the better end of the deal, especially as the animation isn't exactly slow. I've used it a ton in pvp lately, and my 25 nature has been destroying lvl 30 guys (i use dps mode and the damage dots + impaling thorn). But i guess those dots are supposed to do more damage? awesome, but this means people will leave ice and everyone will make a nature toon :p.
But IT is not really over powered. It usually only does about 300 damage if you don't hit them while they are below 35%. Although at that threshold I've critted for over a thousand.

theta11

ChronicleX said:
You can't be serious?

Very serious. It's a side effect of pulling an item from the the shared bank, sometimes when you try to put it into your inventory it would actually equip the item to your head slot no matter the type, it has happened to few times, I've had a Soder Cola equipped to my head almost a whole day before I caught it. But apparently some people either know how to generate or just sit there relogging until the glitch happens to them.

theta11

hermit7 said:
But IT is not really over powered. It usually only does about 300 damage if you don't hit them while they are below 35%. Although at that threshold I've critted for over a thousand.

It was overpowered, my Final Ruin easily crit for around 12-1600 damage, I once crit a player in PVP for 1792, that's the hardest it has ever hit for me. The fix though is a pretty terrible solution, at the moment the skill takes the power before the damage is done, so at any time the skill is interrupted the power is lost which is actually high, without any return. Whereas with Fire and Ice executes the power isn't taken until the damage is done in combination that Fire and Ice's executes are around 20-30% stronger, Nature and Sorc got over nerfed :p. I woulda been happy with them just adding a 2-3 second cast time.

theta11 said:
Very serious. It's a side effect of pulling an item from the the shared bank, sometimes when you try to put it into your inventory it would actually equip the item to your head slot no matter the type, it has happened to few times, I've had a Soder Cola equipped to my head almost a whole day before I caught it. But apparently some people either know how to generate or just sit there relogging until the glitch happens to them.

Oh that. Yeah I've had soda equip to my head randomly from that too, no idea how to "force" it though.

What is the top slot in the right corner on the character window supposed to hold? I really haven't found anything that goes into that slot or an idea what that slot is for.

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
What is the top slot in the right corner on the character window supposed to hold? I really haven't found anything that goes into that slot or an idea what that slot is for.
I just assumed it was the secondary weapon slot. It'll probably be unlocked when they patch in quick switch for weapons.

hermit7

God damnit!

I went into a raid and like 3 times in a row I couldn't see anyone, normally that would be ok, but if I can't see them they don't get my healing effects.

All in all, the entire thing was fucked and the entire group ended up bailing.

Grinchy

Banned
I hate that glitch of not being able to see/heal. I also feel like ever since the last patch, objects block my heals more easily. Like if there is a waist-high box on the ground in between me and the person I'm healing, the heal doesn't go through. I haven't done any kind of real testing on that yet though.

My brother plays now so we created new characters together. I'm really liking controller.

Killthee

Grinchy said:
I hate that glitch of not being able to see/heal. I also feel like ever since the last patch, objects block my heals more easily. Like if there is a waist-high box on the ground in between me and the person I'm healing, the heal doesn't go through. I haven't done any kind of real testing on that yet though.

My brother plays now so we created new characters together. I'm really liking controller.
I feel the same way. I think that line of sight fix for the rifle mortar has screwed up the healing spells and made it much harder to heal.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
hermit7 said:
God damnit!

I went into a raid and like 3 times in a row I couldn't see anyone, normally that would be ok, but if I can't see them they don't get my healing effects.

All in all, the entire thing was fucked and the entire group ended up bailing.

That raid wouldn't of been Kahndaq would it? If so, did you guys use the teleporters? In the future you should queue for that one. The teleporter for Kahndaq is glitched such that it will split your group up into either 2 groups of 4 or a group of 7 with the last person left by him/her self.

hermit7

Baron Aloha said:
That raid wouldn't of been Kahndaq would it? If so, did you guys use the teleporters? In the future you should queue for that one. The teleporter for Kahndaq is glitched such that it will split your group up into either 2 groups of 4 or a group of 7 with the last person left by him/her self.
Nah we queued for it and were still having a shitload of issues. It is things like this that really show the glaring issues that the game has.

Sblargh

Banned
Queue system is so broken.
I go into Arkham, we go all the way to the final boss, cat trips on the wire, I disconect. *oh noes, an online game where sometimes someone disconect, we can't possibly be ready for this*.
I go back, obbiosuly, because broken thing is fucking broken, there is no way to get back to your group. I queue on the first available and end up on another instance. Go back, ask people to wait because, fuck me SoE, I'm so sorry for using the only way avaiable to try to get back to my group. I just quit a match recently, have to wait.
Decide to not try the first available again, there are 4 instances that I have to randomly pick. Pick the first one, wait, nothing. People in there says there still is one missing.
Pick the second one, wait, nothing. Pick the third one, the same wrong from before. Have to leave, be punished for it, wait again.
Wait, wait, ok, try the fourth one, wait, nothing.
Try first available again, go to the wrong one once more, people give up and quit. On the last boss of a fucking long dungeon that we can easily beat, we don't because of little shit that keeps happening every day.
-
I don't like to be the person who only complains, but fuck, bugs used to be tolerable, but every day of bugs begins to wear you down and now I feel I'm close to my limit.

And about healing, I don't feel it is much worse, because I don't play PvP, but it is harder, like on Arkham, you are on one side of the rail, dude is on another, there is a chance heal won't stick. Problem with this is that healing as sorcery is always keeping the circle on, the buble shield on and stuff, if you need to do an individual heal it is because situation is already close to critical, missing this is always problem.

hermit7

I agree about the queue system, but I haven't seen too many issues with LoS and healing. When I throw out a heal it is a hot spell usually. So Los to me if they miss the first one the others still heal them after. Alongside this I put out a buff that crits for 500 Ishmael per second.

I haven't seen too many negative effects for single heal spells yet though I am sure this is purely anecdotal evidence.

Sblargh

Banned
Got to lvl 30 with my controller. Doing duos with another controller is probably the hardest combination, but it is also one of the most fun, because of the way you can keep spamming powers.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Sblargh said:
Queue system is so broken.
I go into Arkham, we go all the way to the final boss, cat trips on the wire, I disconect. *oh noes, an online game where sometimes someone disconect, we can't possibly be ready for this*.
I go back, obbiosuly, because broken thing is fucking broken, there is no way to get back to your group. I queue on the first available and end up on another instance. Go back, ask people to wait because, fuck me SoE, I'm so sorry for using the only way avaiable to try to get back to my group. I just quit a match recently, have to wait.
Decide to not try the first available again, there are 4 instances that I have to randomly pick. Pick the first one, wait, nothing. People in there says there still is one missing.
Pick the second one, wait, nothing. Pick the third one, the same wrong from before. Have to leave, be punished for it, wait again.
Wait, wait, ok, try the fourth one, wait, nothing.
Try first available again, go to the wrong one once more, people give up and quit. On the last boss of a fucking long dungeon that we can easily beat, we don't because of little shit that keeps happening every day.
-
I don't like to be the person who only complains, but fuck, bugs used to be tolerable, but every day of bugs begins to wear you down and now I feel I'm close to my limit.

And about healing, I don't feel it is much worse, because I don't play PvP, but it is harder, like on Arkham, you are on one side of the rail, dude is on another, there is a chance heal won't stick. Problem with this is that healing as sorcery is always keeping the circle on, the buble shield on and stuff, if you need to do an individual heal it is because situation is already close to critical, missing this is always problem.

I know it sucks, but in the future I would suggest forming your group and entering the instances via portal whenever possible. I know that it isn't always possible but you can enter a portal for:

Ace Chemical
Arkham
Stryker's Island
Batcave Outer
Batcave Inner

I always try to get the group to enter through the portal, especially if it's a long alert like Arkham or a raid. Someone is going to freeze up. Its bound to happen. By entering through the portal it locks the instance to just the people in your group. So if you are disconnected the leader can invite you back into the group and you can enter the portal and join them again.

So are Ice tanks the new hotness? I keep getting into pvp matches against almost nothing but Ice tanks who just womp on everyone and seem to take no damage.

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
So are Ice tanks the new hotness? I keep getting into pvp matches against almost nothing but Ice tanks who just womp on everyone and seem to take no damage.
They go down so easily though. Just gotta have a healer use an offensive power on them to nerf their defense buff. I personally think fire DPS are harder to take down just because they can heal themselves.

hermit7

Finished OBC today, got screwed in that one of the bosses glitched and offered no marks or loot.

Others dropped, but it was all Tank and Controller gear. No luck for me. :(

Will do Khandaq, and hope for better results.

Oh ya I totally dominated the other Healer in total heals out. I had like 500k and he had like 230k. I was shocked in how much I outperformed him.

Sblargh

Banned
Anyone got any real tip against brother eye on the inner sanctum? I got in there with all kinds of teams, did all kinds of different strategy; divide the team on the sides; divide the team by function; everybody hide; everybody stays together. Nothing works, never got to the 4th console.

Killthee

hermit7 said:
Finished OBC today, got screwed in that one of the bosses glitched and offered no marks or loot.

Others dropped, but it was all Tank and Controller gear. No luck for me. :(

Will do Khandaq, and hope for better results.

Oh ya I totally dominated the other Healer in total heals out. I had like 500k and he had like 230k. I was shocked in how much I outperformed him.
I got robbed from raid loot/marks by 3 different bosses this week. Thankfully I managed to get a healer face mask and a healer brawling weapon so it wasn't a total waste. I'm locked out for this week, but I would love to do Khandaq with you and Bajan if he's up for it. Just post when you want to do it and I'll try to make it. Since I'm locked from loot you can grab all of the healer drops too ^_^

By the way, the next hotfix should fix the loot the issue so hopefully it's out before next week's reset.
Sblargh said:
Anyone got any real tip against brother eye on the inner sanctum? I got in there with all kinds of teams, did all kinds of different strategy; divide the team on the sides; divide the team by function; everybody hide; everybody stays together. Nothing works, never got to the 4th console.
I had a really good group yesterday and we took him down pretty easily compared to the clusterfuck I experienced last week. We wiped on our first go because our plan was a little sloppy, but we got through it on our second try with half the team standing by the end of it. During the first phase we divided into two groups with one of each class on both sides. Tanks focused on kiting the OMAC Primes while everyone else focused on the eye drones first and then on any of the other adds. When the shield on the computer went down we all focused on the computer and took it down and then we went back to our designated side. That was pretty much it, you just have to stay alive and have strong DPS' that can take down the computers quickly and knock out the eye drones fast when the shields are up.

Second phase just requires you to attack from range and be aware of BE's next move. Not hard at all if you can make it oast the first phase.

Sblargh

Banned
Killthee said:
I got robbed from raid loot/marks by 3 different bosses this week. Thankfully I managed to get a healer face mask and a healer brawling weapon so it wasn't a total waste. I'm locked out for this week, but I would love to do Khandaq with you and Bajan if he's up for it. Just post when you want to do it and I'll try to make it. Since I'm locked from loot you can grab all of the healer drops too ^_^

By the way, the next hotfix should fix the loot the issue so hopefully it's out before next week's reset.

I had a really good group yesterday and we took him down pretty easily compared to the clusterfuck I experienced last week. We wiped on our first go because our plan was a little sloppy, but we got through it on our second try with half the team standing by the end of it. During the first phase we divided into two groups with one of each class on both sides. Tanks focused on kiting the OMAC Primes while everyone else focused on the eye drones first and then on any of the other adds. When the shield on the computer went down we all focused on the computer and took it down and then we went back to our designated side. That was pretty much it, you just have to stay alive and have strong DPS' that can take down the computers quickly and knock out the eye drones fast when the shields are up.

Second phase just requires you to attack from range and be aware of BE's next move. Not hard at all if you can make it oast the first phase.

Yeah, I think my groups have been constantly ignoring the adds, focusing only on dodging the lasers. Then after the 3rd terminal there's just too many adds to ignore; I've read about nuking the primes and/or the neuromacs or we could kite them as you said, anyway, ignore them don't seem like an option. As hard as it is to attack stuff while dodging everything, seems like the only way.

Killthee

Some more details on next weeks hotfix:

RadarX said:
The team has been hard at work this week on the next content update and making a few tweaks and fixes to DCUO. Here are a few items you should see in the next hotfix currently sheduled for next week.
  • Loot will no longer disappear if two players attempt to collect it at the exact same time.
  • PS3 players will now be able to return to the Character Select from the Disconnect Screen instead of restarting the entire game.
  • Group members will now receive the correct bonuses when Nature: Carnage is used.
  • The critical healing bonus received from the Nature: Insectoid passive ability has been increased.
  • League Chat will now only allow those in that League to join the channel.
  • We have no plans to list them specifically, but a few PvP and PvE exploits have been fixed.

This is not an all inclusive list but the items I have been able to confirm at this time. Stay tuned and look for us to start talking about the March update next week as well.

Not happy about the insectoid boost, it already seems a tad overpowered in PvP.

Sblargh said:
Yeah, I think my groups have been constantly ignoring the adds, focusing only on dodging the lasers. Then after the 3rd terminal there's just too many adds to ignore; I've read about nuking the primes and/or the neuromacs or we could kite them as you said, anyway, ignore them don't seem like an option. As hard as it is to attack stuff while dodging everything, seems like the only way.
Ignoring them definitely does not work. I tried that last week and we failed miserably at it numerous times until we finally gave up. If you ignore the eye drones they'll sap all the power leaving the healers useless. Eye drones have to be dealt with first and foremost while the Primes & Neuros have to be kept away from the party so everyone else can focus on the computer when the shield goes down.

The lasers really aren't that hard to avoid and shouldn't be the focus if you have a good tank who is able to maintain aggro on the Primes/Neuros. Also make sure you guys are spread out and don't hover over Batman when he's working on the shield because that seems to attract all three lasers in that one spot. The RGB lasers have long warm up times so everyone in your group should be able to roll out of those especially if you're spread out. The only ones you gotta keep an eye out for are the two slow moving orange beams that pretty much insta kill anything they touch. Just be aware of them when they pop out and stay the hell away from them.

Top Bottom