• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Bajan32

Heyo kill im down for dome sort of action on DCU saturday morning. Sorry i dont post much and havent played since last week.. Work has been nuts.. Stupid delivery deadlines.

Varna

I just want them to make DOM more useful to controllers. Since the developers decided to remove DOM from the controller PVP armors it's official that the stat will probably never have an effect in PVP. But it's absolutely horrible for PVE as well. It has no effect stun length or debuffing power (did some light testing with my guy 250-500 DOM with basically no noticeable difference). We have to give up so much precision, health and power for something that basically does nothing... I'm really quiet upset that I spent my marks buying a lot of the tier 1 and 2 armor pieces. Should have gone with the DPS set. They should allow us to exchange armors or something.

VIT is a little better but overall suffers from the same problem. Giving up so much for an extra tick every 100 points is just horrible.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm leveling a controller on the side, and I'd hate to go for DPS gear and then one day they make VIT and DOM more useful to us.

hermit7

Killthee said:
I got robbed from raid loot/marks by 3 different bosses this week. Thankfully I managed to get a healer face mask and a healer brawling weapon so it wasn't a total waste. I'm locked out for this week, but I would love to do Khandaq with you and Bajan if he's up for it. Just post when you want to do it and I'll try to make it. Since I'm locked from loot you can grab all of the healer drops too ^_^

By the way, the next hotfix should fix the loot the issue so hopefully it's out before next week's reset.

I had a really good group yesterday and we took him down pretty easily compared to the clusterfuck I experienced last week. We wiped on our first go because our plan was a little sloppy, but we got through it on our second try with half the team standing by the end of it. During the first phase we divided into two groups with one of each class on both sides. Tanks focused on kiting the OMAC Primes while everyone else focused on the eye drones first and then on any of the other adds. When the shield on the computer went down we all focused on the computer and took it down and then we went back to our designated side. That was pretty much it, you just have to stay alive and have strong DPS' that can take down the computers quickly and knock out the eye drones fast when the shields are up.

Second phase just requires you to attack from range and be aware of BE's next move. Not hard at all if you can make it oast the first phase.
Ya maybe later today? This afternoon?

theta11

How I beat Brother Eye was madness, I had to adapt a strategy based on the team setup so a split team wouldn't work. We had 1 tank 3 dps 1 controller 3 healers .

We set up a kill priority order. Eye drones, Neuromac , then Omac primes, then omacs and we used one half of the stages. From my experience he most important thing in that fight is communication and people reacting quickly, to help what I did was number the consoles 1-5 starting at the door, when batman moved console someone would just say batman 3 or something so everyone could start making their way there while killing adds. Other than that it's just paying attention and reacting.

Also I never pug raids or specifically I never pug dps for raids or join raids with pug dps. For the most part gear has little output on dps, the dps of the weapon and skill points are really the biggest factors and alot of people think being in dps stance is all it takes to be good dps.

So I'm trying to clear up my quest log and get rid of some older quests that I never did and got two of them where the requirements just don't work and I can't complete. This a known bug or something? The EMP cores mission and the coed chomping missions just don't work .

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Had fun guys even if it was a little bit hectic at times. I'm kinda surprised we got through Black Adam so easily after the trouble we had with the 5th waterkeeper. Glad you got some awesome loot after getting jipped in OBC yesterday hermit7.

BattleMonkey said:
So I'm trying to clear up my quest log and get rid of some older quests that I never did and got two of them where the requirements just don't work and I can't complete. This a known bug or something? The EMP cores mission and the coed chomping missions just don't work .
I think I completed Co-Ed Chomp without any issues, but I've heard of it being bugged and it wouldn't surprise me if the other one is also bugged.

hermit7

Killthee said:
Had fun guys even if it was a little bit hectic at times. I'm kinda surprised we got through Black Adam so easily after the trouble we had with the 5th waterkeeper. Glad you got some awesome loot after getting jipped in OBC yesterday hermit7.

Thanks Killthee. Hopefully next time we do some raids you can roll for some healer items as well. (Mainly Dual Pistols)

On that note, I feel like I am pretty well geared now. Need some legs and shoulders but apart from that I have all epics I think.

wowzors

Does anybody have a buddy key or something I could have? I want to try this game on PC, because I barely got to play the PS3 beta when it was up.

If anybody could invite me to a clan it be great, I have mutiple Heroes/Villians and would love to stop playing alone every night.

My favorite, one I play the most thus far, is my Lvl 22 Vilian Fire/Brawling Tank
Names Bobby Steels and he is on TKJ server.

Even send my PSN ID a request if ya want, PSN ID is PKM like my forum name,

Grinchy

Banned
I still don't think I understand the point of the Valentine's consumables like Sassy! and the others. You eat it, and then nothing happens? The description says something about celebrating the season. What are these things and why am I putting them in my mouth? Am I going to die? Should I see a Doctor?

On a side note, I really love healing and controlling. I can't pick which one I like more, but then again my controller isn't level 30 yet and I haven't found out how useless his equipment is going to be.

hermit7

Just created a new Ice Tank named Scylla. The GAF clan was in woeful need of a good Tank, and I am hoping that I can be that.

It seems that Tanks in general are in short supply on KJ.

Killthee

New patch tomorrow morning:

RadarX said:
The US servers will be coming down at 7AM PT for a small update to address a few outstanding issues and introduce a new feature. Players may note the following changes:

Introducing Proximity Chat:

In a continuing effort to improve DCUO's Social Interface, we are excited to offer a sneak peek at our new Proximity Chat voice feature which can be enabled in the Voice Options tab under Settings. With this enabled, players can join the Proximity Chat channel and hear voices of all nearby players of the same faction in all Public Zones such as Metropolis, Gotham City, The Watchtower, etc...). Expect significant improvements to this feature as well as to our overall Social UI in the next major update.

• Loot will no longer disappear if two players attempt to collect it at the exact same time.
  • The Screenshot button should now be functional again using F9 (which can be remapped) [I'm guessing this only applies to the PC version]
  • Group members will now receive the correct bonuses when Nature: Carnage is used.
  • The critical healing bonus received from the Nature: Insectoid passive ability has been increased.
  • League Chat will now only allow those in that League to join the channel.
  • Various Game Exploits have been addressed.
  • Players may now return to character select from the disconnect screen by pressing “X” instead of having to restart the entire game again.
  • Added Push to Talk functionality for the PS3. Players can enable this in the options menu and can use the right button on the directional pad when speaking.
  • When in the same voice channel, players will now see a green speaker icon over the head of the character that is speaking.
  • Push to Talk should now function when any UI is open.
  • The Synth-Played Shortbow should now have a visibile appearance when equipped.
  • The Mask of the Blessed should now be visible on Male characters.
  • The molded Plexiderm Sholders should no longer be listed twice on the Vendors.

Grinchy

Banned
Hell yeah! I love patches. I was wondering why the push-to-talk wasn't working and now I know. Proximity chat sounds awesome. That will make it so easy to coordinate with random people in the open world.

Sblargh

Banned
Grinchy said:
I still don't think I understand the point of the Valentine's consumables like Sassy! and the others. You eat it, and then nothing happens? The description says something about celebrating the season. What are these things and why am I putting them in my mouth? Am I going to die? Should I see a Doctor?

On a side note, I really love healing and controlling. I can't pick which one I like more, but then again my controller isn't level 30 yet and I haven't found out how useless his equipment is going to be.

I have a healer and a controller also and I like healing more, because I feel like I have more control over the party on Alerts. Like, if I am an awesome healer, I feel more comfortable with a newbie group, I don't know if I would feel the same with an awesome controller.

And I get a bit nervous watching other healers work, I use the individual heal when the guy is 75% health (circle of protection + boon of souls should negate damage entirely), so when I see a sorcery healer at almost full power waiting someone get low on health, I feel like screaming.

hermit7

Sblargh said:
And I get a bit nervous watching other healers work, I use the individual heal when the guy is 75% health (circle of protection + boon of souls should negate damage entirely), so when I see a sorcery healer at almost full power waiting someone get low on health, I feel like screaming.

I always feel that if a healer has a full bar, they aren't doing their job. I have a specific order in which I cast spells to maximize my healing, and the healing of others through buffs.

Healing is definitely an art, and it takes a good amount of time to become proficient at it.

Sblargh

Banned
hermit7 said:
I always feel that if a healer has a full bar, they aren't doing their job. I have a specific order in which I cast spells to maximize my healing, and the healing of others through buffs.

Healing is definitely an art, and it takes a good amount of time to become proficient at it.

Yes. There is a lot of situations when rules stop applying and you have to make a decision, when the situation is critical and power is low, healths are starting to drop, cant use a soder. Sometimes there isnt time for any group heal and you have to throw the shield, and I wonder if the Tank thinks: "dude, Im dieing, why the buff? I need health!" and I wish I could say "actually, you need to stay alive", but things happen so fast. Then everyone lives and I feel awesome.

But I am learning that being a good controller is hard too. Too many functions. To know when you don't need to debuff because restoring power is more important isn't always obvious. And vitalization is the only part that the group "feels", because it is more obvious that you are out power than to notice that the mobs arent stunned or debuffed. It is always a bit sad when you have to decide that there ins't enough power for everything and you need to focus on restoring power.

GirlWonder

Neo Member
theta11 said:
How I beat Brother Eye was madness, I had to adapt a strategy based on the team setup so a split team wouldn't work. We had 1 tank 3 dps 1 controller 3 healers .

We set up a kill priority order. Eye drones, Neuromac , then Omac primes, then omacs and we used one half of the stages. From my experience he most important thing in that fight is communication and people reacting quickly, to help what I did was number the consoles 1-5 starting at the door, when batman moved console someone would just say batman 3 or something so everyone could start making their way there while killing adds. Other than that it's just paying attention and reacting.

Also I never pug raids or specifically I never pug dps for raids or join raids with pug dps. For the most part gear has little output on dps, the dps of the weapon and skill points are really the biggest factors and alot of people think being in dps stance is all it takes to be good dps.

Did my first raid tonight and we got to brother eye but had to quit... kinda disappointing. Is there an accepted strategy? Those lasers are brutal...

Grinchy

Banned
Sblargh said:
I have a healer and a controller also and I like healing more, because I feel like I have more control over the party on Alerts. Like, if I am an awesome healer, I feel more comfortable with a newbie group, I don't know if I would feel the same with an awesome controller.

Definitely. We have a similar healing mindset. I don't usually play healers in MMOs but I have really enjoyed it in this game. I do find that if I'm the healer, I'm typically in a group that's going to get through the instance. Earlier I healed 500k to another healer's 300k.

Which leads me to something awesome. Cleared the batcave (oc) and Khandac (sp?) tonight back to back. They were my first 2 raids lol. I have gear and stuff but I never happen to be playing with a group for raids. We got robbed of marks and loot after the awful last boss fight at Kahn but I made out with some 97.1 dps Healer hand blasters!!

1395 resto and growing

Imagine it being Penguin since they were talking him up in the previous interview with PC Gamer.

Edit: Apparently both are going to be in the update. Two Face being added to Legends next update

lol the livechat crashed.

Anyways it sounds like March update is going to be similar to Febs.

- St Patties Day holiday content
- Two Face added to Legends
- New Penguin mission
- New Green Lantern Duo
- New Raid - Part 3 of the Batcave

hermit7

BattleMonkey said:
lol the livechat crashed.

Anyways it sounds like March update is going to be similar to Febs.

- St Patties Day holiday content
- Two Face added to Legends
- New Penguin mission
- New Green Lantern Duo
- New Raid - Part 3 of the Batcave

This is good to hear. More raids, and duos are great to hear. Hopefully I can get a good group together for IBC. All the ones I get into are terrible for some reason.

They were also mentioning something up pvp currency stuff in the next update, not sure what that means. Maybe they will finally let us buy marks of victory with influence *crosses fingers*

And it sounded like they were overhauling all the lantern stuff to make it look cool with more visually impressive powers for both sides.

Killthee

They also talked about the new On Duty tools that will allow you to reinvite people who have been dropped from the instance/kick people from the instance. It sorta sounded like you can switch on the fly between a private/public instance room. They're also revamping the queueing logic and it should drop people into rooms faster.

The Social Menu is also getting a facelift which they're calling Social menu 2.0. The new Social quick chat menu will allow you to send invites, trade, kick, switch voice channels, etc...

Also heard something about tinkering with PvP currency/Influence, they weren't very specific.

They were also talking about upcoming stuff and were talking of Mister Mxyzptlk, yet the stream went to shit so no idea what they were talking about.

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
They were also talking about upcoming stuff and were talking of Mister Mxyzptlk, yet the stream went to shit so no idea what they were talking about.
As far as I could tell, Mister Mxyzptlk will be the focus of the St. Paddy's Day Event just like Aphrodite was the focus of the Valentines Day Event.

Grinchy

Banned
Logged on a little bit ago to play some DC. Got into a Legends match, froze. I begrudgingly signed back in, played an arena, went to the vault and freeze #2. I wonder if they are ever going to get that under control.

edit: 3rd freeze in the Gotham University demo. I don't usually freeze up this often. Something is wrong.

Not every month has a holiday to make an event for, perhaps in such a case we will see some more of the other content added on such times. I just hope they add in more unique alerts because you do them so often. I assume they will eventually take the older ones and make hard modes for them like Gorilla Island and Bludhaven, but I really would like to see some more new alerts put in, but sadly the end game raid content is probably going to be center stage for the most part.

Next month is supposed to be the first major update isn't it?

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
Not every month has a holiday to make an event for, perhaps in such a case we will see some more of the other content added on such times. I just hope they add in more unique alerts because you do them so often. I assume they will eventually take the older ones and make hard modes for them like Gorilla Island and Bludhaven, but I really would like to see some more new alerts put in, but sadly the end game raid content is probably going to be center stage for the most part.

Next month is supposed to be the first major update isn't it?
They said every 3 so the next one should be the first big one.

Anyone having problems deleting certain mail? I accept the attachment but it still acts as though it has one and can't be deleted. I have 3 stuck in my mailbox with seemingly no way of deleting them.

Grinchy

Banned
They are getting a lot of feedback from the people who bought a disc version only because they didn't know a downloadable version was in the works. I really hope they come up with a solution for current disc owners to download the full game.

I bet just the pure amount of bandwidth needed for this will keep them from that, although I don't know how much the bandwidth really costs them. It just seems crazy to let a bunch of people downloade 20 gigs from PSN.

Killthee

Grinchy said:
They are getting a lot of feedback from the people who bought a disc version only because they didn't know a downloadable version was in the works. I really hope they come up with a solution for current disc owners to download the full game.

I bet just the pure amount of bandwidth needed for this will keep them from that, although I don't know how much the bandwidth really costs them. It just seems crazy to let a bunch of people downloade 20 gigs from PSN.
My guess is they'll handle it like the beta; small 150MB client download from the PSN, 15GB download from SOE's servers after launching the client.

Grinchy

Banned
Killthee said:
My guess is they'll handle it like the beta; small 150MB client download from the PSN, 15GB download from SOE's servers after launching the client.

That would be such a long download but I would totally do it. I like the idea of not using my blu ray drive during long hours of grinding.

damn that's nice

Are there any evil leagues on Death and Glory? I just got the gamer earlier and I'm really liking it. Name is Jill Valentino. Here's a pic of her chilling in a warehouse :3

vhz6a1.jpg

icechai

joined a bigger league pretty recently on D&G, raiding/hmas/pvp, kind of breathes a lot of life into the game when you're playing w/ regulars. They still haven't fixed the bomb crashing the game, ugh. Sucks to be us gadgets :p My character below, slowly will be working his way towards the House of El armor.

MADV110_AUDIO-PC-10-2229370-1.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Yesterday did the three raids, one after the other, again not beating brother eye, one time, two healers and one dps got the last fight, the others, we were managing to have 6/7 people alive on the 4th terminal, but then, I don't know, people would get excited and die all at once destroying the 5th one. =(

But anyway, these marathons are fun. =)

Varna

icechai said:
joined a bigger league pretty recently on D&G, raiding/hmas/pvp, kind of breathes a lot of life into the game when you're playing w/ regulars[/IMG]

Same thing I've been doing. Kind of sucks blowing through all the raids in one night and then just waiting until next week to do more.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
In just a few hours, after I run the daily alert and daily duo, I will have completed my TIER 2 armor set.

:)

Now all that's left are a ring, necklace, and trinket from the raids....

Sblargh

Banned
Baron Aloha said:
In just a few hours, after I run the daily alert and daily duo, I will have completed my TIER 2 armor set.

:)

Now all that's left are a ring, necklace, and trinket from the raids....

Baron Aloha
A Shining Example
(Today, 03:02 PM)
Reply | Quote

Man, you guys work fast. I haven't played the game in 2 days but so far I have done 0 raids and maybe 2 HAs and I had the game since launch. I only have one piece of T1 armor, I need to join a league.

Killthee

RadarX said:
All servers will be brought down March 15th, 2011 at 2AM PT ( 10 AM CET) for extended maintenance to migrate European servers currently located in the US to a datacenter in the EU. US servers will be affected for approximately 3 hours and EU servers for approximately 8 hours. We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience as we improve the stability and performance of DCUO.

Grinchy

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
so whats the verdict on this game? is it still holding up?
I really enjoy it. I got my brother to buy a copy just by letting him make a character on my system. It's a shame they can't let people download the game and level up to 10 or 12 or something to see if they like it because I feel like the majority of the people who try it will like it.

It's just a big investment. You pay $60 for the game knowing that you then owe money for monthly packages. If you don't like the game, you're out $60 with no way of recouping any of that cost.

There are many bugs and issues still present that a hardcore player will become very frustrated with. Seeing the same bugs every day for months on end without SOE even mentioning that they realize it's an issue will have you hating the game some days and loving it on others.

Also, you have to just come to expect that your PS3 will freeze many, many times if you decide to play that version of the game. They've never made any specific mention that they have a fix in mind either, it seems like they are still trying to figure out the problem. But the game freezes pretty predictably.

Top Bottom