• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Sblargh

Banned
It's even considered a good omen for a raid to begin without anyone freezing on the teleport.
But I'm very happy with the game, I would have to be a masochist to not be happy with a game I'm putting so many hours into, once you start knowing people and doing stuff, it gets as enjoyable as a mmo can get.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Grinchy said:
Also, you have to just come to expect that your PS3 will freeze many, many times if you decide to play that version of the game. They've never made any specific mention that they have a fix in mind either, it seems like they are still trying to figure out the problem. But the game freezes pretty predictably.
Yeah, I don't think they've locked down the issue yet. This is what RadarX posted in the PS3 freezing mega thread a couple of days ago:

RadarX said:
We appreciate everyone providing this data. We are still analyzing it and hope to have resolutions soon.

Sblargh

Banned
Just now watching the video about march and I'm happy to see they know valentine's event sucked and their feedback from february pretty much matches my opinion:
Catwoman was great; Bane duo was very fun and pretty much what I expect from a solid duo (even if it is a rehashed solo mission, the twist in the mini-boss fight against another duo is very cool)
And, again, valentine day sucked. Not fun to grab things and move they from point A to point B, I honestly appreaciate that they tried to do something other than kill things, but urgh.

And oh man, please please please let queues work. I dream of a time when /shout LFG is gone forever. It is depressing to have all these groups of 3, everyone missing a piece, oh, if only we had a system to let people group automatically.
If they actually fix that, I promisse to stop bicthing about the game for one day. Hell, make it two.

Penguin/two-face mission look so. freaking. awesome. I want it! Apparently has that Ace Chemical thing where you are never sure which boss you are going to get; I approve.

And they also sold me on the green lantern duo!

Good to know they have some kind of long story arc going on.
3 part batman, then probably 3 part other mentors, then, I don't know, 3 part final fight, and that's exactly one year... expansion next?

Not expecting the St Patties content to be any better being such a short time since the sucky Valentines release. Really rather they not waste any time on holiday events and concentrate on the core game.

Dreohboy

Well...the more time I spend in this game the more glaring my reasonings for disliking for the DC universe becomes.

Shallow.

Thanks for the initial 30 levels SOE.

Up next, SW:TOR.

Grinchy

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Not expecting the St Patties content to be any better being such a short time since the sucky Valentines release. Really rather they not waste any time on holiday events and concentrate on the core game.
I'm pretty sure all this content was already made and they are just implementing it as they go. But it does seem like SOE is spreading themselves pretty thin. I would totally forgo a month of new content if it meant that all their people were working on fixing the game first. But that's just not going to happen.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Anyone playing PS3 Killing Joke (Heroes side) I am playing it right now.

Fire - Speedster - DPS - 2 pistols

Flycker (char name) / SinXCerity (PSN name)

I'm definitely up for grouping, just recently 30 (one piece of pvp gear so far, and not tier gear either... influence gear >.<)

Sblargh

Banned
lol, after all this time, I finally figured how to use soul well, it is so good.
I thought it would heal only on the radius of the well, but actually, the enemies need to die near it (meaning, you have to put it right in the middle of a lot of mobs) and each enemies that dies heal half a rejuvenation to the entire party (almost regardless of where each member are). Meaning a lot of heal for almost no power, given that enemies keep getting defeated on the area.
You make a boon of souls and a soul well while the lightning symbol is on and you're back to full power by the end of the casting *and* the party is protected by the boon of souls while the first enemy don't die.

Killthee

Grinchy said:
I'm pretty sure all this content was already made and they are just implementing it as they go. But it does seem like SOE is spreading themselves pretty thin. I would totally forgo a month of new content if it meant that all their people were working on fixing the game first. But that's just not going to happen.
Yeah, I think most of the stuff released/announced so far was available during the closed PC beta. It looks like they've just been tweaking the content and polishing it before unlocking it. If what I've read is true, I can't wait for the S.T.A.R. Labs instance that pits you against the different lantern corps.

zXV0e.jpg

lsslave said:

I'm definitely up for grouping, just recently 30 (one piece of pvp gear so far, and not tier gear either... influence gear >.<)
I am! Not playing right this moment but play often. Character is Kid Sorbet, 30. Add me!

Sblargh

Banned
And if anyone is a pussy like me and want to stay on the Redemption PS3 PvE server, I am there... forever alone.
Actually I'm on a league that has 150 people on it, but my fellow gaffers all deserted me!

Sblargh said:
And if anyone is a pussy like me and want to stay on the Redemption PS3 PvE server, I am there... forever alone.
Actually I'm on a league that has 150 people on it, but my fellow gaffers all deserted me!

I am also on Redemption

lsslave said:

Tried to add you in game, but the it said the character didn't exist!

Grinchy

Banned
darkwing said:
that Black Adam boss battle in Kanhdaq is really something
haha I've only done that raid once so far and it was a huge pain in the butt

When grown men are whining on the mic about their hands cramping up from rolling around for so long, you know you have a boss fight.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Mercury Fred said:
Tried to add you in game, but the it said the character didn't exist!

Yeah, that was my own stupidity >.<

I was ON Killing Joke, but my friends were all "GAH YOU SUCK NO MANS LAND"

I'm rolling a Nature / Archer on that server tonight, I'll PM you info :)

Grinchy

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
So apparently you can't return to the first Superman mentor mission once it's been done. I'm missing 2 briefings from that one.
Yep, and not only that but a couple (maybe all?) of the Mentor quests are bugged so you can't get the feat for winning without using a consumable. Since you can't repeat the mission, you just never get that feat.

WTF is up with chat/ mics?

Mine was working fine an update or two ago, then I stopped using it. I just tried it out tonight and couldn't get voice chat working for the life of me.

lsslave said:
Yeah, that was my own stupidity >.<

I was ON Killing Joke, but my friends were all "GAH YOU SUCK NO MANS LAND"

I'm rolling a Nature / Archer on that server tonight, I'll PM you info :)
Cool :)

Killthee

Mercury Fred said:
WTF is up with chat/ mics?

Mine was working fine an update or two ago, then I stopped using it. I just tried it out tonight and couldn't get voice chat working for the life of me.

Cool :)
It was spotty the first couple of days after Proximity/PTT were added, but it's been fine for me ever since then as long as I have my headset synced before launching the game. Only thing I can think of is that you turned on Push To Talk by accident in the Voice Chat settings and then forgot about it.

Killthee said:
It was spotty the first couple of days after Proximity/PTT were added, but it's been fine for me ever since then as long as I have my headset synced before launching the game. Only thing I can think of is that you turned on Push To Talk by accident in the Voice Chat settings and then forgot about it.
OK, thanks. I'll look into it =)

Sblargh

Banned
Brother eye is driving me fucking insane. All kinds of groups, all kinds of strategies, people well geared, experienced. I don't know what is up with this fight, there is no logic.

Varna

Sblargh said:
Brother eye is driving me fucking insane. All kinds of groups, all kinds of strategies, people well geared, experienced. I don't know what is up with this fight, there is no logic.

Ive had a few success runs. The strategy that works the best is having the entire team dodge enemies around the platform while 2-3 people with meteor or psych blades wreck the consoles. All adds disappear once the console is down.

Varna said:
All adds disappear once the console is down.

Not true. Adds remains unless brother Eye eats them, and he only eats 10 at a time. How it is done is running around alot killing eye drones asap followed by standard omacs, ignoring the big ones (they take too long to kill).

Killthee

ChronicleX said:
Not true. Adds remains unless brother Eye eats them, and he only eats 10 at a time. How it is done is running around alot killing eye drones asap followed by standard omacs, ignoring the big ones (they take too long to kill).
Yup, this is how my group has been able to beat him. Avoid the lasers, kill the eye drones asap, use the regular omacs to regen power if needed while the tanks kite the Primes/Neuros, communicate Batman's location at all times and focus fire the terminal when the shield drops. Once you get past phase 1, phase 2 is ridiculously easy.

Sblargh

Banned
Dudes dudes dudes
First you say to not ignore the adds, now you say don't kill the adds.
=(
-
Edit: oh wait, when you mean "eats then", you mean brother eye absorbs something after we defeat it?
So, if we kill any 10 things, all the adds disappear?

Sblargh said:
oh wait, when you mean "eats then", you mean brother eye absorbs something after we defeat it?
So, if we kill any 10 things, all the adds disappear?

No, every so often Brother Eye eats up to 10 Omacs on the field to charge his laser of doom attack, if you kill the weaker ones he'll 1 shot eat the harder ones for you. If you try and kill the harder ones and ignore the little ones you'll get overwhelmed.

Varna

These guys are letting this game die. Death and Glory is the most populated server and it's a ghost town during most of the day. I can't believe how lax they have been about exploiting and glitching. Game breaking shit like that would have been been taken care of very quickly on any other mmo and the people involved possibly banned.

The game is still wonderful when everything (and everyone is allowing since it's so easy to work against it) is working as intended. And I hope it can somehow bounce back.

Sblargh

Banned
ChronicleX said:
No, every so often Brother Eye eats up to 10 Omacs on the field to charge his laser of doom attack, if you kill the weaker ones he'll 1 shot eat the harder ones for you. If you try and kill the harder ones and ignore the little ones you'll get overwhelmed.

Oh wow, this makes a whole lot of sense.
I did a run with 5 dps, 2 healers and a controller, with the rule to target big omacs ASAP. We were being overwhelmed the entire time. And me, a healer, pretty pissed at the DPS, wondering how the fuck 5 dps don't just evaporate everything that appear.
So, that's how.

It's pretty sad as most people hit 30, most people are staying out of the cities and never leaving the watchtower/hall of doom. Going around the cities now they are pretty barren outside of lower level players leveling up.

Sblargh

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
It's pretty sad as most people hit 30, most people are staying out of the cities and never leaving the watchtower/hall of doom. Going around the cities now they are pretty barren outside of lower level players leveling up.

Noticed that too. Even to do bounties for feats, you gotta shout for a group on the watchtower.
Bounties on the beta, with that many people, were so fun. Instead of a couple of tiered lvl 30 figthing bizarro for a feat, there would be 15 lvl 10s just trying to chip a monster down.
They *need* to do a huge merge, I think. Hell, make it one hypercrowded PvE server and one hypercrowded PvP server, it is meant to have "thousands of players" online.

Pfft I haven't played for almost a month...
Got to 30 with my main,
couldn't find an active group and interest started to dwindle.
I hope to pick it up again soon as I bought a 3 months recurring promo subscription.
On eu servers by the way.

Sblargh said:
Noticed that too. Even to do bounties for feats, you gotta shout for a group on the watchtower.
Bounties on the beta, with that many people, were so fun. Instead of a couple of tiered lvl 30 figthing bizarro for a feat, there would be 15 lvl 10s just trying to chip a monster down.
They *need* to do a huge merge, I think. Hell, make it one hypercrowded PvE server and one hypercrowded PvP server, it is meant to have "thousands of players" online.

Yea the bounty lynch mobs were fun.

Even a merge isn't going to fix it, most players have no reason to go into the cities once they reach 30 and finish up any quest/feats they needed. Players at 30 are just sitting around the watchtower/hall of doom grouping up for instances since that is where everyone is at and easy to get in groups.

I'm having no trouble getting into groups at all and can usually get into a group in less than a minute often to do anything, but again it's just said to see the cities becoming more and more empty.

They need to do stuff to get more people out in the city and acting out in public instead of continually adding content that is just instanced. The ring wars while can be fun, are often empty since the reward is crap, you get more from doing pvp in the legends and pvp alerts. You also don't know when the ring war is going on since you only get notifications when in the actual city, and you only get reward if you win, so again doing the instanced pvp gives you more rewards since you get marks for losing and more influence also.

They want people doing the ringwar events they need to have unique or big enough rewards.

Killthee

1.08 is up on NA PS3. No patch notes have been posted so I'm not sure what's in it.

Sblargh

Banned
There's even a raid on Gotham, but the reward is like, 250 dollars and 2 soders, if that raid area had real raid rewards, it would be a little better.

hermit7

I think that I have lost some interest because it is just the same shit every day. And once a week you can run 3 raids. They need to increase the level cap and maybe institute some non-instanced raids in the cities where villains and heroes can fight one another. Would be challenging and less contrived.

Why would the Villains be fighting Black Adam? He is a member of the Society?

Sblargh

Banned
I think diversity will come and the game is meant to be more of a casual MMO, now that I got back to school and have MvC3, I can appreciate a bit the lack of content. =P
It is kind of good that the only thing I need to keep up with my main, now that the heavy grind of tier 1 is finished, is only to do the dailies.

hermit7 said:
I think that I have lost some interest because it is just the same shit every day. And once a week you can run 3 raids. They need to increase the level cap and maybe institute some non-instanced raids in the cities where villains and heroes can fight one another. Would be challenging and less contrived.

Why would the Villains be fighting Black Adam? He is a member of the Society?

Everyone fights Black Adam, the villains fight amongst themselves all the time. The Society is also not supposed to be so massive with all villains in it like the game shows either though.

Raising level cap is not going to do much as this point, it needed to be higher from the start and the game in general needed far more content than what it launched with. Pretty much all MMO's turn out the same way at end game, but it happens way to fast in DC Universe

Varna

BattleMonkey said:
Raising level cap is not going to do much as this point, it needed to be higher from the start and the game in general needed far more content than what it launched with. Pretty much all MMO's turn out the same way at end game, but it happens way to fast in DC Universe

They definitely fucked up with how low and how fast it takes to hit the cap. This is the first mmo I have ever played were it feels like I've done everything... absolutely nothing to work for now. I could reroll, but that's not something I like to do in mmorpgs. I like to stick to one character.

I do like how the game is pretty much a solo experience until 30 and then it becomes a mmorpg. I would like to see that concept taken further. Raise the level cap to 60 (or whatever) and have more traditional gameplay from there on. Grouping with people just to gain levels, more emphasis s on player created items (to give the damn AH some kind of purpose) and all that good stuff most people associate with mmorpgs. Best of both words I think.

Anyone else on PS3 having a lot of freezing and other issues?

I've been getting a slowed down framerate almost every time I play now that can't be corrected and makes me have to shut off the PS3 manually. And I froze a couple times today in the little bit I was playing.

Killthee

Mercury Fred said:
Anyone else on PS3 having a lot of freezing and other issues?

I've been getting a slowed down framerate almost every time I play now that can't be corrected and makes me have to shut off the PS3 manually. And I froze a couple times today in the little bit I was playing.
Not more than usual/at least several times a day (
Ugh.
). The "March Update" will supposedly squash some of the freezing bugs.

As for the frame drop bug, I think 1.07 introduced it because prior to that I had never experienced it. It's like one of the processes running in the background goes rampant and that progressively causes more frames to be dropped. I've experienced it in a couple of places, but the most frequent location is the Catwoman instance. It's weird cause if you go back to the beginning of the instance it causes the rampant process to reset and it temporarily restores the frame rate until you start walking away from the area.

Sblargh

Banned
Killthee said:
Not more than usual/at least several times a day (
Ugh.
). The "March Update" will supposedly squash some of the freezing bugs.

As for the frame drop bug, I think 1.07 introduced it because prior to that I had never experienced it. It's like one of the processes running in the background goes rampant and that progressively causes more frames to be dropped. I've experienced it in a couple of places, but the most frequent location is the Catwoman instance. It's weird cause if you go back to the beginning of the instance it causes the rampant process to reset and it temporarily restores the frame rate until you start walking away from the area.

Frame drop is the worse, one day I was at omac duo and began, but the other guy was well geared and I was controller and I thought, "well, if I just keep him juiced, he must be able to do the job", but then started to get worse and worse, got almost to the last boss when finally got unbearable and I had to leave.

Varna said:
They definitely fucked up with how low and how fast it takes to hit the cap. This is the first mmo I have ever played were it feels like I've done everything... absolutely nothing to work for now. I could reroll, but that's not something I like to do in mmorpgs. I like to stick to one character.

I do like how the game is pretty much a solo experience until 30 and then it becomes a mmorpg. I would like to see that concept taken further. Raise the level cap to 60 (or whatever) and have more traditional gameplay from there on. Grouping with people just to gain levels, more emphasis s on player created items (to give the damn AH some kind of purpose) and all that good stuff most people associate with mmorpgs. Best of both words I think.

I would be fine with the quick reaching to lvl 30, if there was more content at 30. They leave alot to do until 30, but everything in the game you can play through so quick. And its obvious they held back lot of content to use as monthly update stuff.

Grinchy

Banned
I really love my controller and I'm getting very bummed out to find that it's pointless to get my vitalization and dominance any higher than it is already (with only 2 T1 pieces).

I'm reading that many controllers respec so that they don't use any skill points on VIT or DOM bonuses. They just get enough gear for ~600 VIT and ~350 DOM and then go into what is basically damage spec.

I like being in a support role. I do not want a damage dealer. I just want a character that can debuff and stun better when I increase the stats relating to those abilities.

Top Bottom