• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Unleashes Evil Versions of Batman in Dark Nights: Metal One-Shots

Afrodium

Banned
If Batman went rogue and the writer wanted him to win, I think he'd be unstoppable. However, I think if the writer was telling a story where he loses he'd have a much harder time.

NeonZ

So.... The Bleed is no longer a thing? Because he's describing The Bleed.

It just seems like Snyder is recycling a bunch of ideas from Morrison's recent multiverse stuff, but executing them in his own way. Some people accused him of doing that already with his previous stories, but I always thought the comparisons were rather vague, but this time they seem pretty close.

Multiversity already covered a story about a menace from beyond attacking the multiverse through the Bleed, with the final reveal that the 52 multiverse is just a "local" multiverse, with other multiverses existing beyond it, including one that has apparently been completely corrupted by the "Empty Hand" entity. This story seems to be basically reusing the same basic premise, but not really acknowledging any of that, going with its own excuse for worlds beyond the 52 and its own threat.

2169678-dark_claw_adventures.jpg

Dark-Claw-Amalgam-Comics-Wolverine-Batman-a.jpg

Yo you can't post Dark Claw without giving props to the Hyena!

latest

Ross61

It just seems like Snyder is recycling a bunch of ideas from Morrion's recent multiverse stuff, but executing them in his own way. Some people accused him of doing that already with his previous stories, but I always thought the comparisons were rather vague, but this time they seem pretty close.

Multiversity already covered a story about a menace from beyond attacking the multiverse through the Bleed, with the final reveal that the 52 multiverse is just a "local" multiverse, with other multiverses existing beyond it, including one that has apparently been completely corrupted by the "Empty Hand" entity. This story seems to be basically reusing the same basic premise, but not really acknowledging any of that, going with its own excuse for worlds beyond the 52 and its own threat.
The only thing they have in common so far is another multiverse other than our own.

LordRaptor

It just seems like Snyder is recycling a bunch of ideas from Morrion's recent multiverse stuff, but executing them in his own way. Some people accused him of doing that already with his previous stories, but I always thought the comparisons were rather vague, but this time they seem pretty close.

Like I say, I'm 100% a-okay with there needing to be as many multiverses as there need to be to tell the stories that need telling, and always thought the "there are exactly 52 universes, P.S, we already pre-allocated a huge chunk of them to make sure stuff like Red Son and Kingdom Come still count, and so do all the imprints we bought" was dumb (and predated Multiversity, so G-Moz fixing that isn't a huge surprise), but the explanations given ITT are like... overtly confusing to me about how the multiverse is supposed to work now (and I have a decent grasp on how it used to work anyway).

Its even weirder to me that this stuff is being done in a Batman book though!

Ross61

Like I say, I'm 100% a-okay with there needing to be as many multiverses as there need to be to tell the stories that need telling, and always thought the "there are exactly 52 universes, P.S, we already pre-allocated a huge chunk of them to make sure stuff like Red Son and Kingdom Come still count, and so do all the imprints we bought" was dumb (and predated Multiversity, so G-Moz fixing that isn't a huge surprise), but the explanations given ITT are like... overtly confusing to me about how the multiverse is supposed to work now (and I have a decent grasp on how it used to work anyway).

Its even weirder to me that this stuff is being done in a Batman book though!
Metal is an event book that includes all of the JL and more DC characters.

HeatBoost

I think this might be the natural reaction to all these "Batman can take the entire JL solo" and "It's an evil version of soandso, somebody call Batman!" stories

Hell maybe Injustice 3 will star one of these guys. Maybe all of them. Fascist Superman's Regime and Bruce Wayne's Liberators VS The League of Evil Batmen.

ReiGun

If Batman went rogue and the writer wanted him to win, I think he'd be unstoppable. However, I think if the writer was telling a story where he loses he'd have a much harder time.

Basically. Batman's greatest power is the the writer is on his side 9/10 times.

Batman as he's written in most stories (i.e a highly intelligent, combat-ready, and resourceful but still functionally human and vulnerable detective) could be taken down by the other heroes, albeit with some entertaining difficulty. Batman as he is in the stories most often cited by fans (that same detective but with all his abilities jacked up to nigh-omnipotent levels) is probably unstoppable. He also, unfortunately, would render any stories wherein he's the bad guy boring to everyone but the "Batman is the only good DC character" crowd.

Kind of fell off the rebirth Batman after that I am suicide arc

But man that silhouette of man who laughs Batman looks really damn cool

VeeP

Kind of fell off the rebirth Batman after that I am suicide arc

But man that silhouette of man who laughs Batman looks really damn cool

For Rebirth Batman you should think about picking up Detective Comics. Great team book.

And After that arc King delivered one of his best Batman issues yet, dubbed "The Brave and the Mold"

bm-23-06-07-996532.jpg

But yea, Snyder and Tynion are pretty much in charge of this event so if you were a fan of Snyder's arcs you might enjoy this more.

Top Bottom