• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Finally realized where I saw Brandon Routh's wife before: Dexter. She should get a role on one of these shows, need to continue that trend of casting partners of actors.

Minamu

Cannot believe how many people see Flashes ending as 'Barry being a moron' or that it undid character development.
Wrong thread, but why not? Just a couple of episodes ago,
the speed force told him to move on and accept his mother's death, and he did. He's already stopped himself once via time travel from saving her. He was all cocky about being invincible after God/the speed force told him they got his back. His father dies and his go to response is to go crying to mommy, undoing everything the past episodes were about, and undoing what he himself promised he wouldn't do again, trying to save his mom.
Barry being a moron and random weird relationship stuff is The Flash's equivalent of Arrow's "why did you lie to me again?!?!?!" xD

Wrong thread, but why not? Just a couple of episodes ago,
the speed force told him to move on and accept his mother's death, and he did. He's already stopped himself once via time travel from saving her. He was all cocky about being invincible after God/the speed force told him they got his back. His father dies and his go to response is to go crying to mommy, undoing everything the past episodes were about, and undoing what he himself promised he wouldn't do again, trying to save his mom.
Barry being a moron and random weird relationship stuff is The Flash's equivalent of Arrow's "why did you lie to me again?!?!?!" xD

Nah, the speedforce built him up and he thought he was invincible, then Zoom killed his dad and broke him. It didn't undo the past episodes, the past episodes were a set up to breaking him.

CryptiK

True, but this is not a story we want to see more off. Especially not now.
Better now then later. At least they had something fuel his want to do it. They wouldn't have been able to convey that right further on in the series. IMO the finale was great. It gave us more than just FP and it set everything up for Supergirl.

ZeroX03

Banned
Better now then later. At least they had something fuel his want to do it. They wouldn't have been able to convey that right further on in the series. IMO the finale was great. It gave us more than just FP and it set everything up for Supergirl.

Did it though? Zoom's machine was the Supergirl set up, and that went nowhere. Like they could merge Supergirl on the way back, but there was precedent for the Flashpoint comic, here not so much. The Universe merging should be a conscious thing for these shows.

Briarios

Cannot believe how many people see Flashes ending as 'Barry being a moron' or that it undid character development.

... why didn't he go back and save his dad, instead? That wouldn't have undone the timeline. He knew when Zoom would come for his father, so he could intercept him and pander to Zoom's ego: "I'm tired of living in fear of you, let's do this ... a final race, wherever you want, a final race to end this."

Zoom would think he finally got to Barry AND that he'd be getting what he wanted, and he'd accept. Timeline continues on normally. That's why he's a moron.

Edit: I'd like to point out, I enjoy The Flash -- I watch it live weekly, but I think the criticism people have is pretty valid. On this and Arrow, it's like 1 step forward, two steps back instead of the other way around.

Joni

Let's be honest, there was nothing in this season setting up a merger with Supergirl. They started talking about it less than a month ago, long after the season ended. Everything we have seen on television was made with the idea that Supergirl is another Earth and would still be.

Magwik

Banned
Let's be honest, there was nothing in this season setting up a merger with Supergirl. They started talking about it less than a month ago, long after the season ended. Everything we have seen on television was made with the idea that Supergirl is another Earth and would still be.

The Flash literally had the opportunity in the finale to set anything up. I'm not even talking about the ending, just Zoom's plan could have folded into a Crisis so conveniently but nope.

ZeroX03

Banned
Last year's Flash: "we're getting Flashpoint! wait no, we're getting a wormhole."
This year's Flash: "we're getting Crisis! wait no, we're getting the Flashpoint that made way more sense last year."

Magwik

Banned
Last year's Flash: "we're getting Flashpoint! wait no, we're getting a wormhole."
This year's Flash: "we're getting Crisis! wait no, we're getting the Flashpoint that made way more sense last year."

They have to be doing it on purpose right? Either way that's probably the worst kind of fakeout.

MartyStu

As others have said: better last year than now. If not then, then not at all.

I am tired of going back to that scene.

Finally finished this up, season definitely dragged on too long with Vandal escaping numerous times. I did think it got better as the season went on, and it eclipsed Arrow's Season 4.

I think I'd give this season a 6.5/10, but I'm excited to see what next season brings with the JSA/Hourman tease and the time master plot line gone.

LionPride

Banned
Barry's entire fucking thing is going back to save his mom. Saving his mom means he gets to have his family again. Means his dad is in his life. He was not over his mom's death. Even after the Speedforce told his ass to get over it, he kinda got over it. Then his dad died and that shit got unraveled real quick. So it makes since why he'd go back and save his mom. Barry is selfish, been that way since day one.

ZeroX03

Banned
They have to be doing it on purpose right? Either way that's probably the worst kind of fakeout.

I don't know what's up with the last few minutes of Flash finales. They're so weird as hooks. I'd love to know what's going through their heads when they think to do things like this. "To defy expectations" isn't a good enough reason. Didn't really like Supergirl's "WHO'S IN THE POD" either, although Legends did get me with the JSA stuff.

Arrow S1 and maybe S3 had the best closing moments.

Joni

The Flash literally had the opportunity in the finale to set anything up. I'm not even talking about the ending, just Zoom's plan could have folded into a Crisis so conveniently but nope.
It should have happened there yeah. I would have been way happier with the finale if it ended on them looking to the sky and seeing the machine still worked and Earth-2 is dying like in the Vibe visions.

The door for a merger was opened the second CBS agreed with doing the Flash crossover.

For practical reasons, it wouldn't have worked with them being in LA. The move to Vancouver and The CW was necessary to make it work so regular.

Wag

lol... Of course they are. How about Jonah Hex or Constantine?

They already gave outlines of the new heroes (without naming them). One is probably Hourman (not certain), the other, well, you only have to read the outlines to figure out who it's not.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You'll get Swamp Thing and you'll love it.

I hope they payoff those teases to classic and obscure heroes. Give me Doctor Mid-Nite and the original Red Tornado.

Joni

They already gave outlines of the new heroes (without naming them). One is probably Hourman (not certain), the other, well, you only have to read the outlines to figure out who it's not.

Well, Adams is Rex Tyler, so Hourman is a certainty.

Joni

Yeah, but you never know just how permanent a character he's going to be.

So can the Waverider travel between multiple Earths or just alternate timelines?

Guggenheim has let the cat out the bag already,
Hourman and his Justice Society buddies will play a major role
. As for multiple Earths, it doesn't look like it.

Volimar

Even though Rip talked about Men of Steel and Dark Knights...

If they can't travel between universes then that means that Rip went back in time after watching Batman Vs. Superman and made sure those heroes would never exist.

1. LoT
  2. Supergirl
  3. Arrow
    [*]Gotham
  4. Flash

7a5b-Z.gif

I'd think Dr. Mid Nite would be a lock. Jay is in already, we know that. Fate, Spectre and Alan scott are the only big question marks for me. They either are cgi intensive or I can easily see WB wanting Fate or Spectre for the DCEU.

I'm hoping for Stargirl.

Joni

I'd think Dr. Mid Nite would be a lock. Jay is in already, we know that. Fate, Spectre and Alan scott are the only big question marks for me. They either are cgi intensive or I can easily see WB wanting Fate or Spectre for the DCEU.

I'm hoping for Stargirl.

Dr Mid-Nite, Sandman, Sergeant Rock, Ma Hunkle, Hourman, Jonah Hex were all teased in the same grouping. We have seen Jonah Hex, they have introduced Hourman and we have seen Sergeant Rock's helmet in the show so they seem to be following that tease.

Blader

How would they have had the opportunity if the decision to move Supergirl to the CW came after the Flash finale was done?

Magwik

Banned
How would they have had the opportunity if the decision to move Supergirl to the CW came after the Flash finale was done?
Because the previous episode pitched it as Cisco seeing E-2 ripped apart and the finale was Zoom wanting to collapse the multiverse. It doesn't matter when the decision was made, the finale was built around the possibility of the multiverse or even just E2 collapsing into E1.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Didn't one of the original promos for this show The Flash and Reverse Flash in some teamup? What happened to that?

Never Reverse Flash. But they filmed some footage to sell the show to the network that featured the Flash. But it was basically just test footage with some CGI and never intended to be used on the show.

I think if it weren't for the Supergirl crossover, we would have probably seen Barry on the show. But Gustin's schedule was crazy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom