• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'll never forgive him for killing off the fan favorite character.

I found killings of both Count Vertigos really dumb in Arrow. Both of them had a great charisma [especially Seth Gabel], it was clear that actors where having blast on the screen, and they easily distinguished themselves in the sea of meh villains of the week.
arrow-state-vs-queen-count-vertigo-seth-gabel-malcolm-merlyn-recap-cw.jpg

I hope they will bring one of them back in some future timetraveling episode of LoT.

Joni

I found killings of both Count Vertigos really dumb in Arrow. Both of them had a great charisma [especially Seth Gabel], it was clear that actors where having blast on the screen, and they easily distinguished themselves in the sea of meh villains of the week.
arrow-state-vs-queen-count-vertigo-seth-gabel-malcolm-merlyn-recap-cw.jpg

I hope they will bring one of them back in some future timetraveling episode of LoT.

Stormare Vertigo is in Iron Heights.

Corpekata

Banned
1st Count Vertigo was so crazy and had done enough shitty things I think they ended his story when it made sense. Keeping him around much longer would have lead to Malcolm levels of "Why don't they just end this asshole already?" problems.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly going to say Darkseid.

I'm guessing he'll be saved for the movie-verse.

The anti-monitor is probably the biggest bad the TV-verse can get, and could lead to some really crazy crossover potential. Just might be a bit too soon to dip into that well.

Imperiex is also a cosmic level bad guy that got mentioned in the show itself in the code phrase 'the Imperiex onslaught' used to activate Gideon's emergency protocol in that episode where the space pirates took over the ship, if there's anything to read into that.

Monarch, Mongul, and Despero also come to mind as super powerful and decently well known big bads that could show up in the TV-verse to fill a similar role Darkseid would.

Yeah, as far as time traveling villains, those are probably the two to choose from.

And that interview mentions moving away from having to save the entire world, so I guess Time Trapper and Epoch probably fit better into that too.

Finally limped my way through the finale. Despite enjoying most of the characters, the writing is just too dumb for me to handle. I realized that I was basically watching a live-action 1980's Saturday morning cartoon near the end there. Like, if I was still 9, I'd be watching every episode clutching my Snart action figure and be dumbstruck by the evil brooding of Savage, cheering as our heroes finally beat him.

But I'm mid-30's and all the bullshit that I can't help but notice is constantly assaulting my brain and pissing me off because of how insulting to my intellegence it is. I wish I could be paid a decent wage to crap out the lazy nonsense the 'writers' of this show call a script, but I'd probably feel too guilty. I just can't seem to turn my brain off enough to enjoy Legends, and I'm even still able to keep trucking on with Arrow of all things while finding marginal entertainment.

It sounds harsh, but to me, this show is utter trash. I had really high hopes, but I won't be back next season unless everyone reports that it got a ton better. What a waste.

Platy

Finally limped my way through the finale. Despite enjoying most of the characters, the writing is just too dumb for me to handle. I realized that I was basically watching a live-action 1980's Saturday morning cartoon near the end there. Like, if I was still 9, I'd be watching every episode clutching my Snart action figure and be dumbstruck by the evil brooding of Savage, cheering as our heroes finally beat him.

This reminds me that a Snart action figure is the weirdest shit ever for the arrowverse =P

Anybody remember Non?

*crickets*

Nom was "one episode Gotham villain" levels of charisma

- J - D -

We binged the latter half of this show over the weekend and I think I can safely say that Vandal Savage is the absolute worst Arrowverse (main) villain. We could not stand this milquetoast menace and the fact that he was so intrinsically tied to the also terrible Hawk couple made this show THAT much more insufferable. I hate his voice and lack of presence or stature. It's all bad.

If it weren't for Sara, Snart, and Rory, we would've given up long ago. Now in retrospect, I'm not sure if it was worth the time investment at all, despite the ending being somewhat fulfilling.

Also, Rip sucks and I can't help but be distracted by a persistent gesture or tick that the actor does in every one of his dramatic scenes. He angles his body so that it's never directly facing someone during conversation. He'll lean forward whenever he speaks. It's at times hilarious and bizarre and reminds me of Andrew Lincoln's (Rick's) tendency on The Walking Dead to angle his head and point his gun at the ground in a dramatic fashion whenever he needs to get a point across.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be returning for season 2 unless they get rid of practically everything except the 3 good characters aforementioned, and Gideon.

ZeroX03

Banned
How is Heatwave in the comics? Do any of you guys feel they made him right and maybe even better?

He's not super similar, but they went in a good direction. His rehabilitation in the comics was because someone fucked with his brain and he was a little smarter. They earned his turns with Legends.

I want Valentina/Negative Woman to show up in the present in either this show's second season or in S3 of The Flash. They need some repercussions from the shit they did and creating a super villain or two is the least they could do.

Plus, I want more Stephanie Corneliussen on my screen.

So what's the story on Snart? Will they find a way to bring him back from the dead for season 2? His death might have been frustrating at first but I think it makes him a legendary figurehead for the series and DC TV universe. Bringing him back might destroy that.

I will miss him though. He's the reason I stuck with the show during those early episodes.

Teletraan1

Banned
Just finished the last few episodes of this. I was really lukewarm on this series at first but it grew on me as time went on. There were some pretty weak episodes along the way but it really picked up near the end.

Glad those Hawk people are gone. Every storyline with them was boring as fuck.
They should have somehow had Vandal Savage's daughter join the crew to cure the sausage fest problem for S2. Jessica Sipos needs more work. Her eyes are mesmerizing.

DeathyBoy

Banned
She has the advantage of being a hot Russian woman so Stein only needs to look down when he wants fun.

The Firestorm Matrix may blow prematurely with four people, and Ronnie will have to get sucked into another hole to prevent a singularity.

Then again, if Jefferson concentrates...

GulAtiCa

Yeah, Legends was best for me too.

Legends >>> Arrow = The Flash >>> Supergirl
The Flash would have been higher for me, and I'm excited of how it ended, but it clearly undermines Barry's character again..

I'd put LoT's finale on top too, the most disappointing thing about Flash's finale was how that
"race"
turned out, I was expecting
dimension hopping and the end result being a Earth merging Crisis

1. LoT
  2. Supergirl
  3. Arrow
  4. Gotham
  5. Flash

I'd put LoT's finale on top too, the most disappointing thing about Flash's finale was how that
"race"

Nah the most disappointing thing was undoing so much work spent on Barry getting over his mother's death

carlsojo

"race"

Totally agree. LoT had the best finale and best character development (Heatwave MVP) but I think the most uneven season and the worst character (Hawkgirl).

Sephzilla

I was very openly harsh on Legends of Tomorrow but it really rallied and became a solid show at the end of the season. I think S2 of Flash was better, but LoT's late season rally put it above S4 of Arrow

Joni

Totally agree. LoT had the best finale and best character development (Heatwave MVP) but I think the most uneven season and the worst character (Hawkgirl).

Luckily, they're doubling down on HeatWave and ditching Hawkgirl. Which was like the best part of that finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom