• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

tumblr_nnrh5nZfx81spa9zuo1_500.gif

Luigi87

So my head-canon for Rip Hunter saving Stein's marriage is that he put on an excellent off-screen performance of Johnny B. Goode.

Tabby

This show is so good and that was only the pilot. How can anyone not love this?

I can't wait for episode 6 when we get Connor Hawke and Green Arrow

Skux

1o5nh4i.gif

This show is fantastic. A comic book come to life.

The sense of adventure and fun, the Avengers-style group beatdowns, the humour, the banter and chemistry between the cast, the big dramatic "oh shit" moments and the fun Back to the Future timeline stuff. It's all here and it's all awesome.

ZeroX03

Banned
After tonight's one shot with Atom, I'd be really surprised if we didn't get
the Arrow/Atom shot in episode six

So could Colds gun freeze the cell bars enough to break them?

It's supposed to be absolute zero, so it probably could, but Cold and Heat Wave's guns are shown to be far weaker than they're described as being.

Magwik

Banned
After tonight's one shot with Atom, I'd be really surprised if we didn't get
the Arrow/Atom shot in episode six

It's supposed to be absolute zero, so it probably could, but Cold and Heat Wave's guns are shown to be far weaker than they're described as being.
It's gonna happen. Believe.
Also their guns operate at whatever temperature the plot demands. Sort of how Barry jogs everywhere most of the time.

Skux

Yeah in this show it seems to be depowered for some reason. It's never shown actually freezing and killing anyone, it just knocks people back.

ZeroX03

Banned
I hope someone was able to gif or webm Atom sequence.

Someone should HD webm it, making a gif is a bit lame as Atom's so small in the sequence.

Yeah in this show it seems to be depowered for some reason. It's never shown actually freezing and killing anyone, it just knocks people back.

Even in the comics those two varied wildly. I guess they can set the temperature so it's less lethal?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm also 90% sure that the ATOM suit shrunk that Rory handed Ray is an actual merchandise figure
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ICH10043&mode=retail

It is, just like those figures in the crossover.

The CW budget always shows somewhere.

but couldn't he have set it to max an froze the bars?

Yes. Yes he could have.
I mean if you wanna get super technical maybe he needs tools to manually configure the heat but just chalk it up to comic logic where everything sounds cooler than it is.

Well, this was great again, and even better than the first episode. Dropped some dead weight, Sara, Stein, and the Rogues were hilarious, and the action was exciting.

Let's hope they can keep it up.

Skux

I get the hate for the Hawkpeople but I think it's necessary in a show like this. We all love Sara getting stoned and kicking ass and Snart hamming his way through history but someone has to be the buzzkill and remind them that they're actually here for a reason. If it wasn't Hawkman being the fun police it'd be Rip or Stein or Palmer and we'd loathe them just as much.

Plus, with Hawkman seemingly dead, it strengthens Hawkgirl's arc and makes her more of the central hero of the story. Only she can be the one to finally kill Savage, Rip is just providing the transportation. So hopefully she'll get some worthwhile character development later on that doesn't revolve around 4000 year old flashbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom