• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Yes he could have.
I mean if you wanna get super technical maybe he needs tools to manually configure the heat but just chalk it up to comic logic where everything sounds cooler than it is.

your right, totally overthinking TV show based on comic books

I really should know better by now

anaron

Hawkman already killed? I was hoping/expecting it by the end of the season (I even said as much yesterday, though I guess that guest starring mention tipped it off) but this soon?!

YESSSSSS

this episode was a huge improvement. I loved so much of it, especially Stein and Sara.

Even if Carter biting it wasn't spoiled before the first part of the pilot aired I think that would've been seen coming the second the fight started.

I hope Kendra gets some actual training now, leave her with an ancient martial arts master or some shit for a couple years, not as if the rest would have to wait, she and Carter are just humans with wings, no enhanced strength, agility or anything and neither of them can fight even with all those memories it seems. A couple years of intense training would be more than any character on Oliver's team aside from Diggle (and his training isn't on that level) has.

Improvement over the first half, some really good and funny lines. If they can keep up the humor this show is going to be fun as hell to watch. Cold's douche line might've been my favorite.

Not a surprise though.

The Light

Doesn't Savage finding out about them mess with the timeline? He now will do things he otherwise wouldn't have to counter the group.

Skux

So if a Hawkperson dies, does that mean a new Hawkperson gets reincarnated somewhere? Like Hawkman's spirit hijacks some woman's fertilised egg?

Magwik

Banned
So if a Hawkperson dies, does that mean a new Hawkperson gets reincarnated somewhere? Like Hawkman's spirit hijacks some woman's fertilised egg?
they don't explain very well how the reincarnation works. We might see more of it down the line. Is it an immediate transfer of the soul to an infant? Or do their souls wait until each is both dead to reincarnate so they are the same age?

Doesn't Savage finding out about them mess with the timeline? He now will do things he otherwise wouldn't have to counter the group.

For a second I was thinking that part of Savage's power would allow him to be "spiritually connected" time himself across time but then realized how OP that would be. It'd be the only way to make it so he doesn't see them for the first time every damn time they travel to go after a past iteration but then yeah, if they take him out in the past what about all the things he was involved in after they remove him from the timeline?

Butterflies and shit. It's almost certain the final confrontation is going to end up being some point after 2016.

Magwik

Banned
For a second I was thinking that part of Savage's power would allow him to be "spiritually connected" time himself across time but then realized how OP that would be. It'd be the only way to make it so he doesn't see them for the first time every damn time they travel to go after a past iteration but then yeah, if they take him out in the past what about all the things he was involved in after they remove him from the timeline?

Butterflies and shit. It's almost certain the final confrontation is going to end up being some point after 2016.
With help from Ollie and Barry too of course

Skux

V5b16rd.gif

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

If he died in the past, does that mean that he would be reincarnated in the past as well? Hopefully that means there's a Thanagarian Hawkman running around in the present.

Magwik

Banned
If he died in the past, does that mean that he would be reincarnated in the past as well? Hopefully that means there's a Thanagarian Hawkman running around in the present.
There don't seem to be any current incarnations of the Hawks in the 70s going by their dead not child.

ElRenoRaven

So watching tonights and damn I really do like the dialog. What's her face's sister from the flash is hilarious. I love the scene where the professor realizes that this is when he meets his wife and gets onto her for flirting with him. Her dialog just cracks me the hell up.

Parch

Good episode. Since Flash is no longer fun and Arrow was always boring, Legends is a nice surprise. Lots of humor and I'm loving this group of misfits.

I like how they are connecting things back to older episodes of Flash and Arrow. When Stein was introduced on Flash, it was as a guy who was one of the only guys who had extensively studied time travel and could explain it to Barry. Now we see why he was ever compelled to explore it.

Hiltz

I'm glad to see that the show is starting off pretty well and has kept my interest. However, time travel is gonna no doubt lead to some frustrating and questionable writing in the long run. Also, Vandal still remains a dull villain.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Good episode. Since Flash is no longer fun and Arrow was always boring, Legends is a nice surprise. Lots of humor and I'm loving this group of misfits.

I'd quit after Season One of this. Going by the Gaf pattern, S2 will be the worst thing ever and the thread will be dog shit to read.

Jonogunn

Wow. What a damn good episode! Well written. The dialogue and situations were actually fun and enjoyable as opposed to the usual boring meaning fun talks and shit.

The whole Martin stein meeting his younger self and the weed was the best part.

Capt Cold and Heatwave always entertaining.

this is really fun. I aint gonna shit on flash that's entertaining, arrow is...lmao. the acting and characters have improved but it feels like that shit goes nowhere at this point (just skip all the flashbacks if you have it recorded at this point). the burden of those shows is 22 episodes and also having to juggle drama and romance in order to keep it going.

but man this...they should just stick to this formula and keep the seasons short and sweet. it's basically doctor who if his companions were comic heroes and villains. fucking awesome comraderie here.

and honestly i think captain cold and heatwave work better here than in flash, especially heatwave who never really got his footing in that show. i love everybody, even the hawklames were tolerable in this. and it's night and day between how likable sara is in here and how much of a dead-fish she was in arrow. it's an odd character flip from a writing perspective but i'll gladly take it.

was cool how she was basically in her mad men outfits for this episode, god damn so fine. keep ronnie dead, jax the new firestorm now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This show is super corny, but the comedy here lands so much better than anything I've seen in Arrow or The Flash. Heatwave's "Master Race" line and all the interactions with Young Stein were hilarious. I like that they're not trying to be super serious all the time. The concept is ridiculous, have fun with it. Plus these teamups are all about the chemistry between the characters.

Heatwave, Cold, and Sara are shining here way more than they got to before.

Klyka

Banned
This show is RIDICULOUSLY good fun.
And the fights were awesome, hope they can stay like that in future episodes!

So right now I basically have Flash for a humor/drama mix, Arrow for really fun to watch practical fights and some darker scenes and then Legends for a full on humor/super hero action mix.

It's pretty great :D

tim1138

I always liked Sara in Arrow, but it's amazing how much better the character is on a show where Caity Lotz is able to do more than pout and be dour. She's been one of the early highlights with the Rogues and Stein.

PreFire

Lmao Stein was a stoner

Sara stole a couple of joints lol

Fun episode. Love the Dahrk cameo, and Savage is really a savage.

Btw, did he get vaporized or something? What happened when he got shot by that crazy ass disintegrator?

I know he's immortal, but last time he was turned into dust Malcom did God knows what with his ashes to revive him.

So happy Carter bit the dust. Sorry, but don't care for his character whatsoever.

Klyka

Banned
Lmao Stein was a stoner

Sara stole a couple of joints lol

Fun episode. Love the Dahrk cameo, and Savage is really a savage.

Btw, did he get vaporized or something? What happened when he got shot by that crazy ass disintegrator?

I know he's immortal, but last time he was turned into dust Malcom did God knows what with his ashes to revive him.

So happy Carter bit the dust. Sorry, but don't care for his character whatsoever.

Nah, he got blasted through the window and far away

Skux

Each mission having a different selection of team members grouping up together is a great idea, it really lets the characters shine and play off each other.

It's like bringing different members into your party in Dragon Age or Mass Effect just so you can hear the banter between them.

Chariot

Good episode, the serious parts seems to be a bit dumb at times, but the humour is perfect and the action engaging. Cold, Heatwave, Sara and Stein are superb, the worst character is dead and I am looking forward to the whacky stuff. It seems CW gets with every project more comfortable to bring the comic book humour, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom