• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

I agree with Chariot. Way better than the first episode, but holy shit Hawkgirl was stupid. "Oh yeah, the love of my life and my mortal enemy are fighting, better stand here watching them and do nothing." Seriously, how retarded can you be?

But that aside, it was a good episode. Pretty funny, I hope the serious parts will also get better with time.

brawly

(Watched the pilot) God damn, Heatwave is awesome in this. He was so underused in Flash.

The fight in the bar puts Arrow's lame ass fights to shame.

G-Fex

I missed the beginning :(

But such a great ep.

I hope this isn't like a men in black thing where She'll find Carter again and this time be training him or some stuff.

Chariot

I missed the beginning :(

But such a great ep.

I hope this isn't like a men in black thing where She'll find Carter again and this time be training him or some stuff.
Of course that will happen. They travel back and forth and he existed all through history and will reincarnate later.

I knew it, the first episode struggled with pacing issues and this one would redeem it. Two part pilot people!

AMAZING. I enjoyed every second of it, especially the camp. I was laughing throughout the entire bit with young Stein.

Everyone's calling who's the best character(s) in this episode, but the highlights for me was seeing the team already bonding. Stein and Sara, Ray and Cold, Rip and the rest of the team. It worked really well despite needing to juggle so many characters.

Chariot

They can probably just go back to 2016 and he'll be there waiting for them.

Sucks. I prefer her without him.
Agreed. He was awful. The team at the end of the episode is good. Even Jefferson got his shit together. I thought he was going to get the whiny role.

Although I still would enjoy a series just with Heatwave, Captain Cold, Stein and Sara. Those four are awesome together.

This episode was an amazing improvement over the first one!

The cameos, the fight at the auction, the immediate effects of messing with time.

Hawkman died too!

Now if only it had a bigger budget!

Johndoey

Banned
Jefferson needs some time to breathe so I can figure out that character. The actor seems fine enough but they really haven't established him as his own man so to speak.

Vandal's actor has got the crazy eyes and the voice down pat.

Hawkman already killed? I was hoping/expecting it by the end of the season (I even said as much yesterday, though I guess that guest starring mention tipped it off) but this soon?!

YESSSSSS

this episode was a huge improvement. I loved so much of it, especially Stein and Sara.

He was terrible. Glad that's over with.

Johndoey

Banned
Well yes and no. You can just blast him and get away. Not so easy with Reverse Flash.
But only two people on the planet can kill him and their bad at it. While Zoom is powerful they have a seemingly narrow focus on speedsters. Vandal was going to sell a nuke, dudes a way bigger threat.

So... what would happen if Rip just took the Hawks to future? Vandal needs to kill them to keep his immortality, and taking them to the future would put them out of his reach and he'd die of old age.

ZeroX03

Banned
So... what would happen if Rip just took the Hawks to future? Vandal needs to kill them to keep his immortality, and taking them to the future would put them out of his reach and he'd die of old age.

It seems to be implied he's kept spry and gains more power from absorbing Hawks, but I suspect if he "died" of old age he could still be resurrected like what happened with Merlyn. He can die, it just won't stick.

Plus I guess there's always Hawks while Vandal walks the earth, so if they take them out of time the world will just compensating by making more.

This was a good episode, more of an improvement over the first in some fields. I'm glad Hawkman is dead because he just didn't click in the way others characters have. He was boring and too serious of a character while everyone else has some comic relief to them. Kendra isn't too great either, and I hope that him dying just means she can branch out into more of her own character. But nonetheless it was very rushed with her being "I can't love you" then "maybe I can love you" and then at the end "he died just when I remembered how I loved him".

That Stein conflict with losing the ring was over quicker than I thought. Didn't quite get his whole "I haven't changed in sixty years" thing. Also I laughed at how he said that meeting his wife and then Jax was one of the best moments of his life. Ronnie who?

Also Savage's complete butchering of the pronunciation of communication when he picked up the earpiece made me giggle in what was meant to be a serious moment.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I really hope they give us a version of the Superman/Vandal Savage future story from the Justice League cartoon but with the Atom.

Really really liked this episode.

I get why people wouldn't like it in general, but to me it's a bunch of fun side characters from shows I'm a big fan of camping it up with some awesome fights scenes thrown in.

Joni

They needed to slow down that opening. The entire part at the auction up until the explosion was great, but it felt so rushed at the end. Could have used a bit more Darhk at this point too.

Joni

Did you watch the episode? He gifted it to her as a sign of love. It's the ancient Egyptian version of flowers. If you want to get to someone's heart, a dagger is a very reasonable tool.

He can't read the language. He gave her the knife but he didn't know what was written on it. He basically saw a pretty knife with pretty words and thought it would be a good gift. Maybe Vandal Savage isn't the caveman.

Man, Norway really looks like Vancouver.
So, they were in Norway when Savage's people got the piece of Ray's suit. So where did Savage take it? Because after that, they go to Ivytown, get that equipment from young Stein, and go get the piece of Ray's suit back. Then it turns out young Stein followed them there, but he didn't have a spaceship to travel across the world in moments. So does that mean Savage also took the suit to Ivytown or some place close by? What are the chances of that?

lol, 100x better than "Afghanistan" on Arrow this week.

Haha agreed! I also liked that it was clearly the same quarry they always use... like when Ronnie was going to go atomic in the Flash or when Team Arrow when to Nanda Parbat at the end of season 3. Except this time it had a yellow filter on it! It's too bad, if they were willing to drive a few hours, there's some dryer, vaguely desert, areas in BC, still not Afghanistan, but probably a little closer.

I liked it. So am I doomed to forever be swooning over Wentworth Miller? Never saw prison break but I love the guy as Captain Cold. He steals the scenes he's in.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Pleased to see the back of Carter.

Boring character, shit actor.

Alright episode, preferred episode 1.

Luigi87

How did Dahrk time travel?

He didn't. He has his own Lazarus waters.

Being said, I'm sad Ray didn't say anything about Darhk's presence, since he kind of kept him in a box for a while. (I know Ray was in a pocket at this point, but... voices!...maybe...)

Chariot

He can't read the language. He gave her the knife but he didn't know what was written on it. He basically saw a pretty knife with pretty words and thought it would be a good gift. Maybe Vandal Savage isn't the caveman.
Oh, I see. Then... yay convenience?

How did Dahrk time travel?
He didn't. He is obviously around for a while too and probably able to stop or slow down his ageing with magic mumbo jumbo. Hell, maybe he even got his own Lazarus Pit. He was part of the League of Assassins at one point and feared by them.

What's more baffeling is that HIVE didn't redesign their uniforms for years.

Luigi87

Oh, I see. Then... yay convenience?

He didn't. He is obviously around for a while too and probably able to stop or slow down his ageing with magic mumbo jumbo. Hell, maybe he even got his own Lazarus Pit. He was part of the League of Assassins at one point and feared by them.

What's more baffeling is that HIVE didn't redesign their uniforms for years.

HIVE was just ahead in fashion by forty years, the rest of the world is just catching up.

Only thing to really disappoint me was that the opening monologue didn't begin with "My name is Rip Hunter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom