• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swamp Thing??

Don't tease me. I just got into the Swamp Thing collection by Scott Snyder and the new 2016 #1 Swamp Thing.

4e8f921152dfdc5fcd521839d9ee813c._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

And I just got this:

Joni

I thought they weren't doing a season 2 since it's an anthology show.

Jonah Hex is in this?! Sweet.

Anthology means you can do a season 2, with little or no relation to the first season. But this won't be a traditional anthology if it is even one. It will still line-up to a bigger story.

Drahcir

Don't tease me. I just got into the Swamp Thing collection by Scott Snyder and the new 2016 #1 Swamp Thing.

And I just got this:

I have hope that since Constantine is already in the mix, I would figure Swamp Thing isn't very far behind. He's my number one DC character I'd like to see again in a live-action series.

ZeroX03

Banned
Season 2 is mystical baby. We have Vixen and Constantine ready and waiting. More Nyssa is always good. Mr. Terrific can be the scientific sceptic every supernatural squad needs. Bring in a few newcomers like Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Spectre or Fate. Have a few returning, mix it altogether and baby you got a stew going.

Can always tie it in with the first season. Can always set up some mystical stuff in the past.

Joni

I have hope that since Constantine is already in the mix, I would figure Swamp Thing isn't very far behind. He's my number one DC character I'd like to see again in a live-action series.

I'm still hoping for a proper Constantine show, maybe with a shorter run, but independent from LoT.

Wag

Ugh... why even bring it up, it'll never happen. A Kamandi episode would break the budget.

Then again... they did introduce Gorilla City.

They can find a way. They could possibly bring him back to modern times with a single tiger-man, or set it completely in an developed area with no modern landmarks.

Plenty of heroes in the DCU involve time-travel so they'll have to work this stuff out to keep the fans happy.

Akahige

And I just got this:
Wait, the Batman guy Scott Snyder wrote for Swamp Thing?

Alan Moore's run of the Swamp Thing is one of the greatest things in comics so I'm always down for some Swamp Thing.

I'd love Justice League Dark to get some Arrowverse action.

Joni

It at least looks like there are less constraints now in him coming back. At least I remember Guggenheim saying something like that recently, but can't find it. I only see articles implying Arrow will get cancelled after season 5 because the ratings keep dropping and dropping, despite being on their highest ever.

ZeroX03

Banned
It at least looks like there are less constraints now in him coming back. At least I remember Guggenheim saying something like that recently, but can't find it. I only see articles implying Arrow will get cancelled after season 5 because the ratings keep dropping and dropping, despite being on their highest ever.

That was a ridiculous rumor that had Amell moving over to Supernatural after season five or some garbage. It was shot down. Flash and Arrow are totally safe. They're talking about future seasons of the show like a foregone conclusion.

Joni

That was a ridiculous rumor that had Amell moving over to Supernatural after season five or some garbage. It was shot down. Flash and Arrow are totally safe. They're talking about future seasons of the show like a foregone conclusion.
You act like more seasons are a reality, where as I'm fearing stuff like Arrow, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy and The Simpsons are coming back for another year because they have bad ratings.
I think I actually lost a couple of brain cells because those rumors are so stupid.

Penguin

Generally butthurt fans who don't know a thing

Or read a headline like Arrow is at a season-low or whatever (When some episode has to be a season low) even though it is a solid performer for the CW and easily the number 2 show behind our boy, The Flash.

I am curious to see where Legends falls

Wait, the Batman guy Scott Snyder wrote for Swamp Thing?

Alan Moore's run of the Swamp Thing is one of the greatest things in comics so I'm always down for some Swamp Thing.

I'd love Justice League Dark to get some Arrowverse action.

https://www.comixology.com/Swamp-Th...uZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

It's pretty solid. I still need to get the rest of the Animal Man run that goes along with this. The whole Rotworld arc is pretty awesome. Unfortunately I think that's probably way too CGI heavy (as well as scary for most people). Probably only Del Toro could do something with it properly (if it ever got made).

The new Swamp Thing 2016 #1 starts off pretty good too.
Love him just beating up some giant alligator named Albert in the first couple pages.

Grym

Fox trying to steal back Flash/LoT super villians/heroes

http://tvline.com/2016/01/15/prison-break-revival-fox-michael-lincoln-sara-t-bag/

Prison Break Revival Is Officially a Go: Updates on Cast, International Setting

Both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles, as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows, while TVLine hears that talks thus far are underway with both Sarah Wayne Callies (now starring on USA Network’s Colony) and Robert Knepper, to return as Sara and T-Bag.

Miller and Purcell currently co-star on The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow, which the actors said earlier this week will dictate their window of availability for the Prison Break revival, which is tentatively set to start filming this spring. Originally eyed as a 10-episode event series, Fox is not thinking closer to nine episodes, to begin filming as soon as late March.

A reboot with the same actors reprising their roles is weird as fuck.

Unless it picks up where the old show left off, but wouldn't that mean Michael is dead?

Joni

Huh.

Stupid as hell as I thought it was a pretty decent end, but whatever.

Felt like a lame and unearned twist, but that might have been influenced by the crappy release strategy where they only aired the ending on DVD instead of with the rest of the show.

Joni

It wouldn't surprise me if they had single season contracts. I think eventually they'd return to The Flash.

9 episodes filmed in the off season could be worked around too.

Yeah, at roughly one episode a week, maybe a bit more; they can fit both shows in a year.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Berlanti needs to head them off at the pass and lock down Captain Cold, Heatwave, Clock King, Count Vertigo into a show about them breaking out of Iron Heights.

ZeroX03

Banned
#103 "Blood Ties" Synopsis

SNART VISITS HIS PAST; STEIN AND RAY TEAM UP — Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides to weaken Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) by going after his financial assets. Rip and Sara (Caity Lotz) infiltrate Savage’s bank, but are discovered by his men. Meanwhile, Snart (Wentworth Miller) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) talk Jax (Franz Drameh) into taking the jump ship back to Central City so they can steal a valuable emerald. Professor Stein (Victor Garber) guides Ray (Brandon Routh) on a dangerous mission. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Chris Fedak (#103). Original airdate 2/4/2016.

That tells us why
Cold was looking so emotional with that kid
in the trailer, can't wait.

Joni

I like that they are
splitting up in smaller groups. That will raise the dynamic more for the different episodes.

Pachimari

How was the Constantine show? I passed it on account of critic reviews, but am wondering what DCGaf thinks.
Just skip it. It is kind of boring and the acting is bad, especially from his sidekick woman. John Constantine himself was the only good thing about the show. I actually still have 4 episodes to go but it got too boring unfortunately.

I really hope to see him return for Legends of Tomorrow though. Together with Vixen. Man imagine this line up: Atom, White Canary, Firestorm, Constantine, Jonah Hex, Vixen and Zatanna. Ship out the Hawks, Heatwave and Captain Cold. And we got a brilliant line up for next season.

Joni

It is quite mediocre but Ryan salvages a lot. So if you find it cheap, give it a try. Keanu version remains the best.

ZeroX03

Banned
Some... er... reviews coming out

I say that with some... well EW's not really a review.

It's two paragraphs and one of them is literally just recapping the cast

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/14/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-ew-review

http://www.comicsonline.com/2016/01...-of-tomorrow-pilot-parts-1-2-series-premiere/

Interesting,
The Flash
isn't in the pilot but we know they'll be in a future episode. Then again, they don't have close bonds with anyone on the team except
maybe Stein or Cold as a huge stretch

Joni

This is hearsay
It is not heresy. Ryan is a better Constantine, but Keanu also played the role well. Angela over Zed, Gabriel over Manny and Djimon Hounsou Papa Midnite over Michael James Shaw. Add in Pruitt Taylor Vince and Peter Stormare and you get quite the excellent cast. The Chas interpretations are quie different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom