• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

08FaqBW.gif
tumblr_m3auowlOt81qcy53do1_500.gif
4eec9b610356ef1f10bb40f72f772e21.gif

The pilot will really be the most exciting 2 hour event Warner Bros launches this year if these trailers are an indication. And I'm saying that while looking forward to Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad. The hype is just that high for Legends.

usp84

So does this tv series mean that Sara will not appear in Arrow anymore?

Shame i wish Laurel and olivers sister would just die and she could take their place

Anyway after watching Arrow and Flash the last few weeks i am excited for this.

Is the immortal villain Vandal Savage?

Joni

So does this tv series mean that Sara will not appear in Arrow anymore?

Shame i wish Laurel and olivers sister would just die and she could take their place

Anyway after watching Arrow and Flash the last few weeks i am excited for this.

Is the immortal villain Vandal Savage?
She might go back to Arrow at one point. We have no idea about the plans for next year. And yes, the Immortal is Vandal Savage.

Faenix1

Why is it every show seems to be on at the same bloody time?

Tuesdays and Thursdays are such a clusterfuck at this point, and not all shows reair later on. :/

Joni

Why is it every show seems to be on at the same bloody time?

Tuesdays and Thursdays are such a clusterfuck at this point, and not all shows reair later on. :/
CW has only five days to air stuff. Friday is useless until the vampires fix it. The other three days have Berlanti shows.

VeeP

Has it been confirmed if Flash and/or Arrow will be in a few episodes of Legends of Tomorrow?

Edit: I know that Arrow was in the Atom Promo, and that Flash was seen in that LoT trailer a few months back, but anyone know how many episodes we can expect them in?

Joni

Has it been confirmed if Flash and/or Arrow will be in a few episodes of Legends of Tomorrow?

Edit: I know that Arrow was in the Atom Promo, and that Flash was seen in that LoT trailer a few months back, but anyone know how many episodes we can expect them in?

They
will be at least in one episode, with Amell's episode being a future episode where he is older and might sport a goatee.
. The initial promo with Arrow and FLash on the roof, and Flash going through the industry building were specifically made to tease the show. It is not clear if they will be present in the actual episode for those events.

ZeroX03

Banned
They
will be at least in one episode, with Amell's episode being a future episode where he is older and might sport a goatee.
. The initial promo with Arrow and FLash on the roof, and Flash going through the industry building were specifically made to tease the show. It is not clear if they will be present in the actual episode for those events.

It does seem that
Amell
is in the pilot too.
Flash
is in the show but not the pilot.

Joni

It does seem that
Amell
is in the pilot too.
Flash
is in the show but not the pilot.
With the ATOM promo, it would make sense
Amell
is there. But I think his role will be a lot smaller than the teaser implied back then.

It is not heresy. Ryan is a better Constantine, but Keanu also played the role well. Angela over Zed, Gabriel over Manny and Djimon Hounsou Papa Midnite over Michael James Shaw. Add in Pruitt Taylor Vince and Peter Stormare and you get quite the excellent cast. The Chas interpretations are quie different.

The normal (British) John Constantine is told in this book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1416503439/?tag=neogaf0e-20

by some wise man that there is another Constantine in an alternate universe with black hair and lives in LA.

Always thought that was pretty cool, but I'm a fan of the movie myself.

TheOddOne

- IGN: Legends of Tomorrow: Wentworth Miller on Whether Captain Cold Is A Hero.
- KSite: DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Talking Spoilers with EP Phil Klemmer.
What can you tell us about Jewel Staite’s character?

She’s related to one of our heroes. We will find that she’s not a person off the street. We are going into the most distant future that we will be visiting, and we will find that she is
the biological result of something that one of our characters either directly or indirectly did before their recruitment in the pilot, in 2016
. As we know, when we pull our characters out of the timeline, they cease to have an effect on the future, but this will be a sort of Ghost of Christmas Future where somebody will realize that something that they did before they left had a butterfly effect on the future that will effectively —
they will have aided and abetted Vandal Savage’s rise to power.

Joni

The interview with Miller is great. It really shows that he loves playing Snart and stepping into his shoes.

Klyka

Banned
Should pull a Hot Shots 2 and have Amell show up in the future with a kid being all "Sara, this is your son!" "My...son? You never told me we had a son!" "I'm sorry".

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Lovely OT, and can't believe it's almost here :D
*hype*

TheOddOne

- TVLine: Arrow/Flash Heroes Won't Fret About Sara, Firestorm, Other 'MIA' Legends.
Executive producer Greg Berlanti acknowledges that — as one character notes in the Legends premiere — “If it all goes as planned,” once the unlikely allies are done helping Rip Hunter find and vanquish Vandal Savage, they will be returned to the time they left. And thus won’t ever go “missing.” But you know what they say about best laid plans, God laughing and such.

Penguin

They should have put Canary for Legends... you know right now, there's someone complaining about them all being cis-straight white men

TheOddOne

- Sepinwall: Review: Too many capes? Atom, Firestorm & more team up in 'Legends of Tomorrow'.
At this early stage, "Legends of Tomorrow" feels more like "Agents of SHIELD" at its outset: a way to extend the brand by any means necessary, and worry about what the show actually is later.
- Variety: TV Review: ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’.
Representing an ambitious and potentially risky expansion of the synergistic DC-CW-Warner Bros. TV connection, “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” not only assembles a super-team but casts it into an elaborate time-spanning plotline. As an added degree of difficulty, the group relies on somewhat obscure characters, albeit with the benefit of having introduced them in the context of its “Arrow” and “The Flash” franchises. The resulting hour is certainly impressive from a visual standpoint, with bountiful dollops of action. Yet based on the mix of personalities, this colorful series will have to improve significantly to achieve even near-legendary status.

Joni

They have seen like one or two episodes. I also wouldn't trust Sepinwall. He actually was positive about the SHIELD show on onset, and he called Jessica Jones over Daredevil as Marvel's best.

I understand why it doesn't include Supergirl, but it would have been way better if this was a real Warner promotion that included a Supergirl logo instead of just a CW one. It would also make sure the image was symmetric.
WB can't really help it, CBS doesn't want their second rate 50% owned channel sucking energy off one of their prime shows.
Which isn't exactly true but whatever.

Magwik

Banned
I understand why it doesn't include Supergirl, but it would have been way better if this was a real Warner promotion that included a Supergirl logo instead of just a CW one. It would also make sure the image was symmetric.

Eh, it'll all be connected one day soon enough

Penguin

I mean the reviews sound mostly good.

Like most shows not The Flash, they will have some growing pains. No one has really attempted a comic team-up show on this level before.

And with characters literally plunked from a multitude of places.

Sure it will iron out by ep 4-5

To counter TheOddOne's terrible, terrible post

- CinemaBlend: Legends Of Tomorrow Review: The CW Spinoff Is An Action-Packed, High Stakes Blast
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
I have little trouble saying that while not perfect as a whole, it’s an absolutely perfect combination of its predecessors, complete with the massive scope and scale that such a mash-up of sensibilities and personalities requires.

- Comicbook.com: Legends of Tomorrow Advance Review: The Best DC Pilot Yet
The series delivers a sharp, enjoyable pilot that's arguably the most attention-grabbing and entertaining from any of the current crop of superhero shows[...] With so many movies and shows on the air, it would be easy for it all to become a kind of white noise...but DC's Legends of Tomorrow promises to give the year a suitably impressive kickoff, and fulfills the promise of being the most ambitious DC adaptation yet.

:p

I had no idea this was happening! WHOA... Can't wait!

CW is officially my favorite station now. Arrow + Flash + Legends of Tomorrow. Trifecta of Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom