• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Stein was kind of an asshole in this, what with the whole Harry and the Hendersons "hurt him to help him" thing. Ray getting Radioactived by Snart was pretty great.

Thanks CTV.

Let's just be happy Legends got that coveted post-Super Bowl slot. Looking forward to that ratings surge
in Canada.
Do they even care about the Super Bowl that much?

We have a much older and more prestigious football championship called The Grey Cup.

So us Canucks need to spoiler stuff...?

Should we though??? All I'm saying is the British Doctor Who fans don't wait till after the episode airs in North America to post their spoilers.
Nah I'll spoil tag my stuff, BUT PLEASE NOTE IT'S UNDER PROTEST.

ZeroX03

Banned
Episode is great fun if you liked the tone and pacing of the previous episodes. Not much more needs to be said.

Should we though??? All I'm saying is the British Doctor Who fans don't wait till after the episode airs in North America to post their spoilers.

We have higher standards for the superior Canadians compared to the Brits.

Chariot

I know right? Hell, who knows, might've helped Sara too.
Let's just stack every method of immortality on her and see what happpens.

In fact that would make for a cool episode where they forget Sara somewhere, travel far in the future where they find her and Vandal Savage farming with all of humanity destroyed, since they can't kill each other and have really not much purpose left.

JLU "Hearafter" was amazing.

Great episode, might be the best one yet. Good to see a
cliff hanger ending
. Stein was
kind of annoying though and the fight scene between Sara and Kendra was pretty bad. Also, I don't understand how a Russian base can be impenetrable for them with a spaceship
For a super hero show we don't really see them suit up that much, if Ray had his ATOM suit he could have shrunk down, and flown over and saved Snart when the Russian lady had the gun on him.

Joni

Let's just stack every method of immortality on her and see what happpens.

In fact that would make for a cool episode where they forget Sara somewhere, travel far in the future where they find her and Vandal Savage farming with all of humanity destroyed, since they can't kill each other and have really not much purpose left.

JLU "Hearafter" was amazing.

Include Darhk and a scene where they are lamenting the death of Ra's because they can't play cards anymore.

Was wondering if the ep leak but i see it's Canada not caring lol
The show is fun so far once you can ignore all the BS that comes with time travel .
Same for other stuff .

Unless he's just a faceless mook, in which case they just wipe them out en masse anyway. Every time some guy gets axed I'm thinking "hmm are we sure all these people aren't important to the timeline?"

What does important to the timeline even mean anyway? Every single minor event is critical to the timeline over a long enough period. Actually killing people and stealing objects and such is going to be causing enormous disruptions. And killing Vandal Savage, future dictator of the whole planet earth is by definition going to have a massive damn impact on Rip's own timeline. Is the S1 cliffhanger going to be him going "oh no I can't kill him or I won't even be born!"?

The things that bothers me SO MUCh is that the timeline can be changed ..so what's important , really ? Time adapt itself in many cases ..what is the correct timeline?
is that a timeline where the time masters exist ? is that the only condition ?
Because if it is , wouldnt it mean that savage conquering the world is essential for them existing and that's why they don't bother to help ?

because if it's not the case , the rules of time travel in this show , kinda sucks

Magwik

Banned
Time travel is bonkers and never makes any sense. At the very least think of it like this, most stuff in the 70s/80s cannot be changed drastically because the events still have to unfold exactly the same way for the team to be assembled. Change too much and you have people who shouldn't exist running around through time changing the past. the first few episodes are just there to establish that they can't run around doing a bunch of crazy shit. After that the rules will relax a bit. Same things happen with Doctor Who.

Why not shoot him in ancient Egypt with a ray gun instead of sneaking up on him. Dude wasn't born immortal. And every time a plan of attack fails, why not go back further in time, instead of ahead? Oh your plan failed when he was 45 years old in the temple? Fine go back to when he's ten and blast him. Rip somehow bungling this is definitely a possibility since he and his team screw everything up, but hey, you can still strangle him in the crib.

Also can we get some clear temporal mechanics? Thus far it seems to be operating on Back to the Future rules for auto-infanticide but also every other crappy trope like elastic timelines ("The future is resisting the change! Dad goes to gaol anyway!").

You can't just take a blaster back to ancient Egypt and use it. Even if you think you're alone someone may still be around to see. You could irrecoverably damage the timeline to a point that we're all frogs or something.

They really should have dumped his body in space when Rip slit his throat. Why leave him around to regenerate?

The most obvious outcome here is that because he exists in the future it means the Legends never stop him in the past. Rip shouldn't get out of this with his family in tact just because he managed to off Vandal in some year gone by. If we go by Doctor Who logic, Vandal is a fixed point. If you stopped him the effects would be huge so it's quite clear you never did stop him. As a Time Master, maybe Rip already knows this, but he's so bent on making it happen anyway. The dark outcome I would like to see is that Rip's meddling actually enables Vandal.

Yep, the newest episode just leaked on the webs.

You know the drill, spoiler tag or death by Sir. Funky.

Why should we have to spoiler tag? The rule is usually that if it airs anywhere first, it's fair game without spoiler tags. This isn't a leak.

I wonder the same.

The leaked part is more about it being available through not so savory places.

That would make every episode a leak since they all end up in the same place before it airs in some markets.

Magwik

Banned
You can't just take a blaster back to ancient Egypt and use it. Even if you think you're alone someone may still be around to see. You could irrecoverably damage the timeline to a point that we're all frogs or something.

They really should have dumped his body in space when Rip slit his throat. Why leave him around to regenerate?
My head cannon says they don't want to risk having him on a ship that travels through space and time. He easily could overpower them on it at least.

Nobody here spoiler tags stuff until it airs in UK, so it's all swings and roundabouts.

Joni

The most obvious outcome here is that because he exists in the future it means the Legends never stop him in the past. Rip shouldn't get out of this with his family in tact just because he managed to off Vandal in some year gone by. If we go by Doctor Who logic, Vandal is a fixed point. If you stopped him the effects would be huge so it's quite clear you never did stop him. As a Time Master, maybe Rip already knows this, but he's so bent on making it happen anyway. The dark outcome I would like to see is that Rip's meddling actually enables Vandal.

I don't think they'll go for a heavy ending where it is impossible to stop him. He'll probably be stopped, but only in a future timeline where it won't impact anything that happened on the other shows, so we don't need a singularity.

I don't think they'll go for a heavy ending where it is impossible to stop him. He'll probably be stopped, but only in a future timeline where it won't impact anything that happened on the other shows, so we don't need a singularity.

Yup, I think they stop him in Rip's present so there is no threat of a drastic change to the timeline.

carlsojo

It'd be cool if they did capture him and locked him away in the time limbo dimension, but doing so causes one or more legends to start to fade out of existence (like Cisco). The remaining team splits and fights each other over whether they should be sacrificed for Vandal to be erased.

Rymuth

Cliffhanger ending has me excited.

I love everyone's dynamics with one another (except Kendra, yeeesh)

Next episode -
PRISON BREAK!

Well this episode 4 was without a doubt the bets one of the 4.

it was chessy , illogical at times , so in-characters nonsense ..but had the best team interractions of the 4 period.

Maybe , at some point , that atom guy will stop making illogical decisions
who am i kidding ? it's never going to happen is it ?

TheOddOne

Why should we have to spoiler tag? The rule is usually that if it airs anywhere first, it's fair game without spoiler tags. This isn't a leak.
This is a one-off situation, but I’m still enforcing the spoiler tag rule. In the past we’ve had episodes of shows show up earlier on other media before the official air date, in most of those cases the spoiler tag rule was enforced until it was officially aired. This was a very special case, and I doubt a lot of the larger LoT-GAF base has seen this pre-released episode.

- Sun+: 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' to follow the Super Bowl on CTV.
CTV had to come up with its own plan because while it owns Canadian rights to the Super Bowl, it does not own Canadian rights to The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow, which debuted last week, originates on CW in the United States. It regularly airs Thursdays on CW and CTV.

So the new episode CTV is showing after the Super Bowl on Feb. 7 won't be seen on CW until the following Thursday, Feb. 11. On that day, CTV will repeat the post-Super Bowl episode, to get back in sync with CW.
Letting a small part of the people who did see it run amuck seems counterproductive. Either way, the wait is not that long; just a couple of days. After that everything can go back to normal.

ZeroX03

Banned
No reason not to keep things spoiler tagged.
And there's really nothing important enough to spoil, so why take any risks?

Joni

It'd be cool if they did capture him and locked him away in the time limbo dimension, but doing so causes one or more legends to start to fade out of existence (like Cisco). The remaining team splits and fights each other over whether they should be sacrificed for Vandal to be erased.

I think the death of Hawkman has eliminated all characters that they are comfortable with killing. Sara will get her happy ending, until they need her back next year. The same will happen with Ray, who will keep returning I assume. Firestorm, Heatwave and Cold have to live for Flash. Which basically leaves Rip and Ciara.

Xenoboy

Damn this episode, getting me really pumped for the next. Feels like the even numbered episodes are the best ones so far :p

Ray is an idiot, why did you have to save her and then up the power? And poor Heatwave, hope he wrecks that dude. And dare I say it, I'm starting to like Kendra a bit more now, but she's still on my bad side. I do wonder how they're going to break in next week.

Seeing Snart/Wentworth with white/grey hair is actually a great thing. Iove that he's embraced the look...

Also helps to give me a boost as my hair is going in the same direction...

This is a one-off situation, but I’m still enforcing the spoiler tag rule. In the past we’ve had episodes of shows show up earlier on other media before the official air date, in most of those cases the spoiler tag rule was enforced until it was officially aired. This was a very special case, and I doubt a lot of the larger LoT-GAF base has seen this pre-released episode.

- Sun+: 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' to follow the Super Bowl on CTV.

Letting a small part of the people who did see it run amuck seems counterproductive. Either way, the wait is not that long; just a couple of days. After that everything can go back to normal.

I will use tags. Under Protest!

I am not doing it for you. I am doing it for Carter.

Joni

Seeing Snart/Wentworth with white/grey hair is actually a great thing. Iove that he's embraced the look...

Also helps to give me a boost as my hair is going in the same direction...
It at least helps him excuse his grey hairs.
It is actually a good part of his look, so just kidding.

Sober

So I'm maybe behind but I watched episode 3 and something bothers me. They keep talking about how Vandal Savage can regenerate with only 1 cell and they technically kill him for a bit. So what's not to just stop the team from taking his body and putting it in a furnace or something so when he does regenerate you just kill him again and again? I did not get any impression at all the body disappeared or that they couldn't make off with the body either.

ZeroX03

Banned
So I'm maybe behind but I watched episode 3 and something bothers me. They keep talking about how Vandal Savage can regenerate with only 1 cell and they technically kill him for a bit. So what's not to just stop the team from taking his body and putting it in a furnace or something so when he does regenerate you just kill him again and again? I did not get any impression at all the body disappeared or that they couldn't make off with the body either.

My theory is he doesn't regenerate in the same place he dies, mostly because it would invalidate most strategies that are like that but we have no confirmation. The most we've seen into the regeneration process is Malcolm playing with his ashes.

Yeah, maybe it's a thing like with Forever and the like where the character dies but is resurrected elsewhere like the spot where they originally died or something.
I will use tags. Under Protest!

I am not doing it for you. I am doing it for Carter.

That should become the OT's next tagline and hopefully confuse those who don't watch this but watch Agent Carter.

Joni

I could see him always re-appearing in the pyramids. That could explain him being poor when he appears on The Flash, he was killed a bit before and now had to travel all alone from Egypt to them.

Ok why not go back to Egypt and have the Atom shrink down and stalk Savage.

Find out where he lives / sleeps then just bomb the whole house.

Joni

Ok why not go back to Egypt and have the Atom shrink down and stalk Savage.

Find out where he lives / sleeps then just bomb the whole house.

That would clearly lead to a Nazi dominated future.
Every time travel show has it. It is easy and cheap.

Chariot

They have a time machine, right? Why not take Savage's body and leave him at the end of time?
Last Doctor Who Season Finalr Spoiler:
I want to see a parody where Capaldi steps out of the Tardis at the end of time and sees Vandal Savage instead of Me.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sort of new but not for Canadians episode tonight!

#1.04 "White Knights"
Extended Episode Promo
Spoiler tag discussion if you've already seen the episode.
STEPHANIE CORNELIUSSEN (“MR. ROBOT”) GUEST STARS AS VALENTINA VOSTOCK – When Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) retreats behind the Iron Curtain in the early 1980s, a string of nuclear scientists begins to mysteriously disappear. The team follows Vandal’s trail straight into the heart of the Soviet Union in an attempt to find his next target. Ray (Brandon Routh) tries to bond with a beautiful Soviet scientist, Valentina Vostock (guest star Stephanie Corneliussen), in the hopes of finding out Vandal’s next move. When Valentina's Iron Drapes reject him, it’s Snart (Wentworth Miller) to the rescue. Stein (Victor Garber) pushes Jax (Franz Drameh) to be better, which frustrates Jax and ultimately threatens the Firestorm matrix. Rip (Arthur Darvill) asks Sara (Caity Lotz) to train Kendra (Ciara Renée).

LGN104B-0007b-83e28.jpg

^ Raydioactive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom