• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

So here's a question - If Hawkman's soul left his body forty years in the past, when does he reincarnate? Is there going to be a new Hawkman waiting for them when they get back to 2016, or does he have to wait for the next go around with Shayera?
I think they have to regenerate at set points, it would otherwise be troublesome if Savage kills one very young and one very old.

Chariot

I think they have to regenerate at set points, it would otherwise be troublesome if Savage kills one very young and one very old.
Another part why this whole fated love thing is weird. I don't think the comet immortality cares much for accidental paedophilia.

Joni

Another part why this whole fated love thing is weird. I don't think the comet immortality cares much for accidental paedophilia.

At least it would be harder for Carter to find her if she is younger than 15-16. So we can forget that squick part. Or they only learn when they get holder.

Carter would naturally be drawn to her as she starts uhh "awakening" and that probably doesn't happen until she reaches the age she originally died at.

ZeroX03

Banned
It would be helpful if Flash and Legends just explained everything as magic like Arrow, then maybe people wouldn't question so much. Nobody cares about the logistics of unaging Darhk's telekinesis.

Joni

It would be helpful if Flash and Legends just explained everything as magic like Arrow, then maybe people wouldn't question so much. Nobody cares about the logistics of unaging Darhk's telekinesis.

That is a cool power so it gets a pass, same for Savage's immortality. Magic fate drawing you together over the ages, that gets you discussion.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Nah the blank face is important, I feel you lose something if it's clearly just a mask. Question in live action should look unsettling as hell.

but - but Question IS wearing a mask.

I think they said the farther back in time they go, the harder strain it has on the human body. So I don't think they can go back to the jurassic age or anything like that.

It seems pretty absurd that Heatwave & Cold's guns don't do anything. Could just explain it away with magic easily as to why it doesn't affect vandal.

Magwik

Banned
As far as going back far enough and shooting him, you can't really risk that technology being seen. Can't alter the timeline and all that jazz.

Blader

I'm enjoying the show a lot. It's extremely lame that they stuck them in the 70s for three episodes (and did nothing with the time period except had Sarah dress in 70s cosplay), lame that they're going to hit up the 80s next for what will probably be just another fashion swap, I don't really understand why they so easily give up every time they run into Savage and just run off, and the Hawks are a drag.

But the rest of the cast is a lot of fun, especially Sarah, Cold, and Heatwave (doubly surprising since I thought he was awful on the Flash). I'd probably put it second to Flash but above Arrow this year. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and often feels it's wasting the potential in its premise, but this cast and the surprisingly impressive effects make the show for me.

Ri'Orius

Okay, so episode 3 has kind of shattered my suspension of disbelief with this show.
Vandal Savage clearly says he will heal after Rip slits his throat, implying that he doesn't reincarnate or what not like Hawkgirl and Hawkman. Why the hell didn't they just take Vandal's body and then drop him off in the Jurassic era or some shit where his immortality will run out due to a lack of Hawkman and Hawkgirl?

Yeah, people get hung up on "he can't be killed!" There are a dozen other ways to stop someone indefinitely. Kind of depends on what magic he has available without artifacts on hand, but I'd expect chaining him to a rock and dropping him in the Mariana Trench would be pretty effective. Or encase him in concrete, or tar, or molten steel. Imprison him on the moon a la Rita Repulsa.

Weird how, when a villain is mortal, heroes go out of their way to stop him without killing him, but when he's an immortal that can only be slain under very specific conditions that's what they insist on doing.

Ricker

I think us Canadians get a new episode today after the superbowl. It's showing up on my dvr

Yeah,was coming to mention this...the one that will play next week on the CW...although VCR scheduling for TV Shows after a football game is crap,better had 1 hour to it lol...

So us Canucks need to spoiler stuff...?

Nabs

Yeah,was coming to mention this...the one that will play next week on the CW...although VCR scheduling for games after a football game is crap,better had 1 hour to it lol...

That would be nice.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah,was coming to mention this...the one that will play next week on the CW...although VCR scheduling for games after a football game is crap,better had 1 hour to it lol...

Are you sure it's episode 1x04?

Weird how, when a villain is mortal, heroes go out of their way to stop him without killing him, but when he's an immortal that can only be slain under very specific conditions that's what they insist on doing.

Unless he's just a faceless mook, in which case they just wipe them out en masse anyway. Every time some guy gets axed I'm thinking "hmm are we sure all these people aren't important to the timeline?"

What does important to the timeline even mean anyway? Every single minor event is critical to the timeline over a long enough period. Actually killing people and stealing objects and such is going to be causing enormous disruptions. And killing Vandal Savage, future dictator of the whole planet earth is by definition going to have a massive damn impact on Rip's own timeline. Is the S1 cliffhanger going to be him going "oh no I can't kill him or I won't even be born!"?

Luigi87

Legends airing early in Canada due to time travel shenanigans!
Normally it airs a half an hour later than the US on Thursdays!

ZeroX03

Banned
Let's just be happy Legends got that coveted post-Super Bowl slot. Looking forward to that ratings surge
in Canada.
Do they even care about the Super Bowl that much?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, it's pretty cool that it's on after the Super Bowl and I doubt the people with nielsen boxes who would otherwise be watching live will be downloading it en masse instead.

Luigi87

Let's just be happy Legends got that coveted post-Super Bowl slot. Looking forward to that ratings surge
in Canada.
Do they even care about the Super Bowl that much?

Some do. There are still Super Bowl parties in Canada, though people care more about the Grey Cup (CFL's championship) in general (I don't though, lol. I prefer NFL to CFL).

Anywho I really liked this episode. Not going to go into detail beyond that.
... Oh, except Mick has a great line.
"If I ever get my hands on you, I'm gonna go all Rocky IV on your ass."

So will we get a new episode on Thursday here in Canada? or was this just an early viewing of the episode that will air on Thursday in the States?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom