• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
I still love that Heatwave went from "the guy with a fire gun who said like 5 sentences on The Flash" to my favorite character.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wentworth's Captain Cold isn't too far off being a 60's Batman villain. I love it.

I've said it before: you could totally plop him down, as-is, and he wouldn't be out of place on Batman 66.

He'd still be one of the best villains there.

Is amazing how the Prision Break guys remain the best thing in this show episode after episode. In the other hand I'm really disappointed with what they are doing with Ray, I expected him to have a bigger role in the show, I guess that is coming at some point.

Johndoey

Banned
Jax is totally in the right with his complaints, Ray is garbo tier, Kendra has a dumb crazy face, Heatwave is greatest of all time, Rip is a massive disappointment and awful tactician, the ship has a sexy voice, Snart da gawd, Chronos is a punk, Stein is an ass, Catman went to far, Drake didn't go far enough, and Sara is the bedrock of the team.

Also oh no the evil Soviets?

I really enjoyed the latest episode!!!

I now see Rip Hunter as who I imagine the hypothetical narrator for Call of Duty to be. Someone who is just begging you to do the mission his way and bursts into tears whenever you gleefully ignore him.

"Please... Please stop intentionally shooting your NPC allies and going out of your way to blow your cover..."

Hahahaaahahaha

Also Captain Cold is a way better leader than The ATOM. Dude stole the episode
and also many wallets

KevinCow

Banned
I don't really have a problem with Ray. His naive good guy, always try to do what's right attitude is endearing to me, plus it contrasts well with Cold.

I just realized that Heatwave sounds like Bale era Batman

Heh. He was fantastic this ep, knew he'd be all gung-ho when Rip said he'd get to shoot something and loved his disappointment when he didn't and then the good line after he ease-dropped.

Plus "I'm gonna go Rocky 4 on your ass" lol. His voice is great for one-liners :D

Is amazing how the Prision Break guys remain the best thing in this show episode after episode. In the other hand I'm really disappointed with what they are doing with Ray, I expected him to have a bigger role in the show, I guess that is coming at some point.

Completely agree, they've been awesome, and I expected that too so I hope so.

Ray must be leading toward being a big damn hero moment at the end of the season because he is just relentlessly failing at the moment.

Yeah. Here's hoping.

I don't really have a problem with Ray. His naive good guy, always try to do what's right attitude is endearing to me, plus it contrasts well with Cold.

Yeah I like it too, though I do agree the writers need to give him something good progress-wise after all this shit they continuously pull on him with some of the embarrassing levels of fail they've lumped on him in a row. He's gotten destroyed in practically every storyline so far.
Snart and Ray stuff has been the best and has so much potential to keep being great.
I thought they'd have shown more signs of him being a leader underneath the naiveness/screwups.

Mayor Snart the best.

Hopefully the show can come around and make most of the cast likeable.

Yup.

How is Heatwave the best character and voice of reason?

Yeah I didn't expect it right there at that point during the ep, but somehow I loved this :D

ChouGoku

Snart is fucking amazing, I'm glad he has a starring role in a show instead of just being a flash character. So based, so many wallets stolen

Ri'Orius

Ray must be leading toward being a big damn hero moment at the end of the season because he is just relentlessly failing at the moment.

The problem is that his powerset is so far out of everyone else's league that if he were remotely competent he'd obsolete the rest of the team. Like at the start of the episode, when he's like "why don't I just shrink down and go grab the file trivially?"

The problem is that his powerset is so far out of everyone else's league that if he were remotely competent he'd obsolete the rest of the team. Like at the start of the episode, when he's like "why don't I just shrink down and go grab the file trivially?"

Rip should force Snart to train Ray in stealth and infiltration.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ray needs to do more shrinking, I'm convinced he doesn't do it as much because of budget reasons so storywise they come up with the "Ray is dumb" angle to not have him shrink.

I'm enjoying the show though, but the team needs to pull off something without failing miserably at first. It's like every week they fail so hard.

ZeroX03

Banned

Firestorm though.

Ri'Orius

Firestorm though.

Firestorm is Flight+Lasers+Science+energy absorption. Atom is Flight+Lasers+Science+shrinking. Shrinking seems way more general-use than energy absorption, which honestly feels kinda shoehorned in every time it comes up. (I'd also generally expect Palmer's science to be better [or at least more useful] than Stein's, as he has more of a practical focus; that hasn't really been the case, but I'd say that's part of their hate-on for Ray).

I mean again, shrinking can be used to sneak pretty much anywhere. That's huge.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm guessing that not even Stein has figured out that Firestorm can transmute, I like that they aren't overpowered yet but they need to pull off a mission successfully on their first try.

I like that they aren't overpowered yet but they need to pull off a mission successfully on their first try.

It would be great if they actually did something correctly, yes. Every time they go on a mission and infiltrate somewhere in my brain it's "how long before the alarm goes off or someone makes them?" They wouldn't need to fail so often if they didn't keep trying to go for the jugular every other episode, but even when it's "we need to go after his X Y or Z" they seem unable to make progress. The show is gonna get old really fast if they keep treading water until the season finale when one of their plots finally works.

The power set of the characters is not even the biggest problem, although yes they do keep finding impressive new ways to squander opportunities to make good use of them. It's the fact that they have a god-damn time machine. Bill and Ted would have finished Savage by now.

I've been disappointed that all that training they were supposedly doing that Stein and Ronnie didn't get to do (or finish) and they don't really have anything to show for it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Firestorm is Flight+Lasers+Science+energy absorption. Atom is Flight+Lasers+Science+shrinking. Shrinking seems way more general-use than energy absorption, which honestly feels kinda shoehorned in every time it comes up. (I'd also generally expect Palmer's science to be better [or at least more useful] than Stein's, as he has more of a practical focus; that hasn't really been the case, but I'd say that's part of their hate-on for Ray).

I mean again, shrinking can be used to sneak pretty much anywhere. That's huge.

Firestorm has a lot more then what's been shown so far. Such as...

They're on the low end of actual Firestorm though. I figured they touch transmutation when the nuke was about to go off... but nope.

Ronnie had started to learn transmutation but the scene was cut for time.

Joni

The show does work better when the characters aren't trying to show off their fancy powers. I prefer the Sara/Snart/HeatWave normal fights over the fancy stuff the others do.

Joni

They never did explain by Ray couldn't just shrink down and steal the document did they...
I assume that if the locks are good enough to keep master thieves like Snart out, that they were locked down enough to keep out small machines. That is at least how they could explain it away.

I missed last week, but not this week!

RANKING THE LEGENDS: EPISODE 1x04 EDITION

S Tier

-Captain Cold
-Heatwave
-White Canary

A Tier

-Old Firestorm

B Tier

-Atom
-Young Firestorm

C Tier

-Hawkgirl
-Rip Hunter

Captain Cold and Heatwave retain S rankings, of course. Canary stays there on the good will of the first three episodes. Had to drop Ray to B-tier for taking so many Ls in this episode. Rip too. Officially dropped Carter from the rankings because... wait, who the fuck is Carter?

Joni

They need to get Rip Hunter to A tier, ATOM should become S tier. If they manage that, then they have used their characters as well as they should.

ZeroX03

Banned
Here's a new episode synopsis for the March 3rd episode...

#1.07 "Marooned"
PIRATE ATTACK – After receiving a distress call from another timeship stranded in space, Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides to answer the call in order to use the other ship’s computer to track Savage (guest star Casper Crump). The team is suspicious and warns him this could be a trap but he moves forward with his plan. Ultimately, the team was right and they have to battle time pirates. With most of the team captured, it is up to Professor Stein (Victor Garber) to rescue them all. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Anderson Mackenzie & Phil Klemmer (#107).  Original airdate 3/3/2016.

That's the most awkwardly written one I think I've ever seen.

That's true.

They need to get Rip Hunter to A tier, ATOM should become S tier. If they manage that, then they have used their characters as well as they should.

Yup.

Plenty of time ofcourse.

Parch

After seeing the Snart snark in Flash I'm glad he's getting a bigger role in Legends. DC knows how to use villains, much better than Marvel.

Joni

After seeing the Snart snark in Flash I'm glad he's getting a bigger role in Legends. DC knows how to use villains, much better than Marvel.
It helps to have better villains, which is a huge help for their movies. It also helps that they have a slower build-up for their B/C-list villains through long television shows, instead of one lame introduction in a movie. We still don't know who Cronos is, but he is already more easy to remember than Christopher Eccleston Malekwhat.

We don't know how he comes back when he dies, just that he does. So it might not solve the problem.

So keep him in a chemically induced coma forever.

Their problem is always how to find him and how to catch him. If they actually had him, then Hawkgirl could kill him.

In episode 3, Rip cut the dude's throat. Why didn't they carry his bleeding out ass onto the ship?

Especially after Savage took the picture of Rip's family and found out their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom