• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Druckmann is everywhere.

jyLpxrn.png

Joni

Sweet how Sara and Snart were just playing cards.
And so many puns, references and quotes.
Damn Rip, laying down the truth on HeatWave. At the worst possible moment.

Best episode of the series yet.

Don't take Heat Wave away from us.

Best DCW episode of the season tbh. God damn do I love a fun space adventure. Huge upswing after last week's crap

Really hope they haven't gotten rid of heat wave for good. Him and snart need to always be together. Theyve had the best chemistry in here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume the dude will at most just get frozen so that they can bring him back later.

Also, what is it with these Jedi-like religious organizations that forbid relationships because of "reasons".

ascii42

I assume the dude will at most just get frozen so that they can bring him back later.

Also, what is it with these Jedi-like religious organizations that forbid relationships because of "reasons".

Given that they don't want people messing with the timeline, and one of the main drivers of Rip messing with the timeline is due to his wife and kid, I can see where they are coming from.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I hope they keep Sara and Snart's relationship as it is. Please don't go all Ollicity on them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

The motivation actually makes a little sense here, though, unlike with the Jedi.

Time masters assume new names and avoid relationships so that their family cannot be used against them. Preserving the timeline is just that important.
I hope they keep Sara and Snart's relationship as it is. Please don't go all Ollicity on them.
They won't. I believe Sara's
love interest is scheduled to make her debut within the next few episodes.

Cafeman

This episode of Legends of Tomorrow was the most captivating yet! I liked Snart and Sarah talking while freezing to death. I wasn't sure at first if Mick was truly betraying them or if he had a plan. But after what Rip told him, and given his out with Snart, I can't blame him for reverting to look-out-for-#1. Anyway, I also liked how Ray used the Atom suit to seal the space hole despite not really having enough oxygen to survive it. And the final scenes were the best so far of this lackluster show!

But after thinking some more, the DUMB stuff still ruins the show's moments. Kendra's CPR on Ray and their 'romance' ... that is poorly conceived and acted. C'mon already. Much better would have been that they had a bond, but didn't go to the kiss. It wasn't earned yet.

I also really liked Stein- it was humorous and surprised me how capable he became. Jax was worthless again. Why didn't they merge ???

I've really grown tired of Rip, the centerpiece of this show. Was he this way in the comics? I think the actor is poor and unconvincing. When he snaps and tells off Heat Wave, I can't believe Mick didn't rip (snicker) him in two!! I keep trying, but I find this Rip to be an unconvincing character. It is equal parts the actor and the writing. The flashbacks didn't connect with me ,but I do like the flashbacks and what these add to the story. I liked the Minority Report homage w/Rip .

Rip was incredibly irresponsible for insulting the most violent and unhinged criminal on his team , telling himm that he only hired him because he came with Snart, part of the package, and he was dumb as meat. Rip doesn't know how to work like a teammate. He caused Mick to go rogue (snicker) and betray everybody.

Still, it was interesting enough to make me want to rewatch the past few eps over this weekend and see how I feel about them again.

I'm choosing to believe the final scene played out as implied. The only way I can see them backing away is if
maybe Snart's gun runs out of charge; or if Mick cries out for mercy (hard to believe) and they talk things out? Or someone else on the team intervenes? I guess I'm just hoping Heat Wave isn't dead. Cool character.

morningbus

Between the first season of the Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, I think it's safe to assume people from the future are just huge dicks.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sara and Snart are great together. I don't care if it ends up romantic or not. They connect in a way that feels very naturalistic to their characters. Looking forward to seeing what's in Cold's future, and
Sara getting laid by a lucky lady next episode.

Ray is a handsome dork. His relationship with Kendra won't last, it's one of those things where sparks fly when you're living in tight spaces with high stakes. I'm sure there's a trope term for it. It was cool in the fight scene when Ray stopped being chipper too.

Stein's story was fun and nice backstory informing why he went into the scientific fields. I saw some complaints online from people asking why Firestorm didn't just merge and fight the pirates, presumably because in enclosed areas with limited oxygen setting fire is bad.

Learning more about Rip Hunter is useful, if not the most compelling story. Him using Kanjar Ro and Imperiex "Onslaught" as triggers were fun Easter eggs. I don't think anyone expects the Beginning and the End to show up anytime soon.

Arrowverse has needed a good fight scene for a while, glad we finally got it. Well choreographed and really well edited. Also there was one long shot where it was clearly Caity Lotz fighting so that's always appreciated.

Dominic Purcell killed it. Heat Wave isn't an intelligent or deep guy, but he portrayed the hurt he was feeling. After finding out he was just part of the package with Cold he had those sad eyes throughout the rest of the episode. I really hope he isn't dead and back later.

SeppOCE

Heatwave probably won't be gone for long. Ending the show at Snart's ice blast indicated he didn't kill Heatwave probably just slowed him down and left him on a barren area where he wouldn't be able to leave for a while.

Blader

The whole time pirates story was pretty lame, but the Sara/Cold and Cold/Heatwave stuff was great and continue to remain the high points of the show. It'd be a shame if Heatwave was really dead, they've done an incredible job turning him around from his weak Flash portrayal into an actually likable character.

Magwik

Banned
Thinking about it, can anybody actually stay dead on this show?
Yes, but their death will only be more stupid as a result of it being a time travel show. If someone who isn't Heatwave bites the dust, they will have a convoluted explanation as to why they are staying dead.

Error

The Flash villains are the MVPs of this show, Heatwave went from cheesy one-liners to a character with actual depth and not just batshit crazy for the sake of batshit crazy.

Wentworth is killing it with Cold, we all know that. Something I don't like about the show, is how overproctective Rip is of the crew, these guys are trained assassins and professional thieves, they know what they are doing and know the dangers of being in tough missions. Why does he keeps being so proctective? Just let them do their thing.

Meddling with time is one thing, and I understand him being cautious about it, but not letting guys like Sara and Cold do their thing gets to me. Like in the Star City 2040 or something episode. I like when Sara went all "either you put up with me, or fuck off" that was needed.

Magwik

Banned
The Flash villains are the MVPs of this show, Heatwave went from cheesy one-liners to a character with actual depth and not just batshit crazy for the sake of batshit crazy.

Wentworth is killing it with Cold, we all know that. Something I don't like about the show, is how overproctective Rip is of the crew, these guys are trained assassins and professional thieves, they know what they are doing and know the dangers of being in tough missions. Why does he keeps being so proctective? Just let them do their thing.

Meddling with time is one thing, and I understand him being cautious about it, but not letting do their thing gets to me. Like in the Star City 2040 or something episode. I like when Sara went all "either you put up with me, or fuck off" that was needed.
Rip absolutely should be over protective. Look at how much fucking shit everyone going off disobeying him gets the team in

Error

Is this any good?

It's good if you can put up with a lot of cheese, but yeah it's entertaining.

Rip absolutely should be over protective. Look at how much fucking shit everyone going off disobeying him gets the team in
He got told in the futuristic Star City episode, and rightfully so. Don't mess with the future Rip said, but that's exactly what he is trying to do. Sara brought that up and he quickly went "don't bring that card to me" would he have cared so much about saving the world if his wife and child weren't involved in it? He was willing to get Sara stranded on that future just because she didn't listen to him, thankfully Stein talked some sense in to him.

Wag

Probably not too safe to have a fire man in a confined space like that, especially against laser guns. Jax would get downed quick since he can't really move around much.

Firestorm can do other things than just shoot fireballs (although we haven't seen it on the show yet). His fire abilities are just part of his overall powers- he can transmute all inorganic elements. He could shoot ice if he wanted to.

In the comics his flaming hair was just because he thought it made him look cool.

ZeroX03

Banned
Old school 80's/90's action movie cheese? Or the bad kind?

It's preaching to the converted. If you like these characters on Flash and Arrow, you'll probably like Legends because it's more of them and better in that cheesy fan service kind of way. As a standalone show and story it hasn't really proven itself.

CloudWolf

It's good if you can put up with a lot of cheese, but yeah it's entertaining.
You also have to be able to look past some pretty glaring plotholes and logical fallacies.

Exploding a nuke in a remote area in Norway is a no-no, but exploding one in the middle of a gulag prison is fine. Ray and Sarah leaving somehow causes Star City to collapse even though Rip himself said in the first episode that he picked them because they have no noticable effect on history. Them trying to stop Vandal Savage by constantly moving forward in time, instead of, you know, going back in time so that no matter how much they fuck up it doesn't affect the future or their chances to catch Savage unaware.

Joni

Exploding a nuke in a remote area in Norway is a no-no, but exploding one in the middle of a gulag prison is fine.
The timeline helps theorize the gulag prison was located right around a nuclear power plant, which conveniently exploded around 1986. It would tie into the pilot where they picked up the professor a day before he died in mysterious circumstances. We might be in a somewhat closed timeloop. Either on purpose or by history fixing itself.

Ray and Sarah leaving somehow causes Star City to collapse even though Rip himself said in the first episode that he picked them because they have no noticable effect on history.
The fall of Star City might not be a significant event in history. Alternatively, Rip or Oliver are wrong. Oliver is basically saying he was a bit shorthanded but we don't know how true that is.

Them trying to stop Vandal Savage by constantly moving forward in time, instead of, you know, going back in time so that no matter how much they fuck up it doesn't affect the future or their chances to catch Savage unaware.
They started in the 70s where they had a lead, they then jumped to the 80s because they knew he would be there. They landed in 2046 by accident. And they're jumping back to the 50s now. Don't forget that Rip has no idea where Vandal actually is so he has no choice, and Vandal already knows who he is because of what happened in Egypt. Also, the further they go back in the past, the bigger the chance they fuck up the future.

morningbus

Just so people aren't surprised: it looks like the show will be joining Flash and Arrow on break after the next episode.

Card Boy

Banned
Up to episode 4, this show is embarrassingly shit. It makes Agents of S.H.I.T S1 look good. The concept behind the show is cool but it should of being limited to like a 3-4 episode mini series without any filler. Hawkgirl is so fucken bad. Ray does NOTHING even Heatwave does more than him. Jefferson is a little prick. The shows forerunners are basically Stein, Captain Cold, Sarah and Rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom