• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good and entertaining but LOL at that meteor just sitting off to the side of the road in the same woods Barry confronted Snart without so much as a crater.

As for that preview
it looks like I wasn't wrong in their needing to dump Kendra somewhere to get a couple years of training.
I did bring up that here didn't I? Gonna be interesting to see how that plays out
with Nable Ra's

EDIT: Yup. I said (still preview related)
"
I hope Kendra gets some actual training now, leave her with an ancient martial arts master or some shit for a couple years, not as if the rest would have to wait,
"

Magwik

Banned
Good and entertaining but LOL at that meteor just sitting off to the side of the road in the same woods Barry confronted Snart without so much as a crater.

As for that preview
it looks like I wasn't wrong in their needing to dump Kendra somewhere to get a couple years of training.
I did bring up that here didn't I? Gonna be interesting to see how that plays out
with Nable Ra's
He'll probably toss her off a cliff lol

Tabby

Did I hear wrong or did Ray say 2 years in the preview? Why wouldn't RIP just go back to when they were left?

Slayven

AGITΩ;198106273 said:
Firestorm + bird powers? Stepping into some weord phoenix territory here

firehawk_ww91a_600.jpg

Nabs

Another great episode. I was screaming at the TV whenever Jax interacted with anyone from 1958. It got too real.

Slayven

Another great episode. I was screaming at the TV whenever Jax interacted with anyone from 1958. It got too real.

There was a comic where a black women who was a high ranking CIA person gets sent back to civil war days. Thinking it was a joke she runs into some confederate soldiers......it did not end well.

And it was written by John Bryne so it was extra horrible.

ZeroX03

Banned
It got as real as a CW show needed to get.

Happy Jax got a chance to prove his worth solo, especially with everyone in town out to get him.

negitoro7

Man I really enjoyed this episode, everyone was great
still don't like Kendra though

Sara and adorable nurse relationship was so beautiful.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Great episode.

Fun fact: this episode was directed by Joe Dante, the director of the Gremlins movies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm pretty sure the idea of ninjas were pretty well ingrained in popular culture by 1958.

Looking it up, it looks like they weren't, actually. One of the first uses of the word in a popular-Western-culture context was in a James Bond novel published in 1964.

Here's an article I found: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5982187/why-americans-became-obsessed-with-ninjas

While I'm sure it isn't impossible for the character to know about ninjas, it wouldn't exactly be common knowledge yet, either.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Looking it up, it looks like they weren't, actually. One of the first uses of the word in a popular-Western-culture context was in a James Bond novel published in 1964.

Here's an article I found: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5982187/why-americans-became-obsessed-with-ninjas

While I'm sure it isn't impossible for the character to know about ninjas, it wouldn't exactly be common knowledge yet, either.

Well, I stand corrected. I thought for sure they would have been a staple of fictional novels before the 1950's.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well, I stand corrected. I thought for sure they would have been a staple of fictional novels before the 1950's.

Just look at it in DC universe terms - The League of Assassins has existed for a long time. I'm sure that led to people knowing about ninjas earlier.

Alternately...

4668425-9567555014-P8tJI.gif

I was actually surprised how easily the black characters were able to fit in, actually. Especially Jax. I was expecting a lynch mob to show up when he was talking with the white girl.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn last nights episode was great. Shit got so real. Glad they didn't shy away from what life was like in the 50s. Also another break makes me sad. Well at least Shield is back.

Yeah, this

How would a small town nurse in the 1950s know about ninjas?
Unless she just so happened to be a Japanese history buff...

and this

I was actually surprised how easily the black characters were able to fit in, actually. Especially Jax. I was expecting a lynch mob to show up when he was talking with the white girl.

really took me out of the show. Super sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom