• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll do crosspost one more time, because how it relates here is the most interesting:

Another fun fact I found while digging around (from this website): the specific company that produces Arrow is called "Oliver Queen Films - A Division of Hannah Rachel Production Services Ltd."

The Flash? "Central City Films, a Division of Hannah-Rachel Production Services Ltd."

Legends of Tomorrow? "Waverider Films, A Division of Hannah Rachel Production Services Ltd."

Joni

FAT MAN ON BATMAN v. LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Big ass first two episodes spoilers:
Rip Hunter has turned rogue and Chronos is a Time Master bounty hunter sent to stop him. He recruited the Legends because they were people that were destined to be forgotten. We learn more about Gideon. Stein has no respect for Palmer. Kendra is the funky 70s professor's mother from a past life. We meet Rip's dead family. Hawkman dies in the pilot.

The last bit would be earlier than I had expected, but it wouldn't be strange. The hawks are expendable.
Rip is a big liar in that case, which would be funny.

I'll do crosspost one more time, because how it relates here is the most interesting:
Their names for The 100, iZombie and Lucifer are more boring

About the big ass spoiler I imagine
Hawkdude is still going to be around for flashbacks unless they didn't like what they saw with the actor and decided to just write him out quickly though I think it was always about Kendra anyway

Joni

About the big ass spoiler I imagine
Hawkdude is still going to be around for flashbacks unless they didn't like what they saw with the actor and decided to just write him out quickly though I think it was always about Kendra anyway
It would explain
why he isn't a regular, just a guest star. So it looked like they were going to use him less than the other actors in any case.

TheOddOne

Series premiere today:
Season 1: episode 1 "Pilot, Part 1"

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" focuses on time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter, who has to recruit a rag-tag team of heroes and villains to help prevent an apocalypse that could impact not only Earth, but all of time.

Joni

That doesn't make sense, it could affect not only Earth, but also Earth in a couple of other times? You need to go big and claim it could affect the universe.

ZeroX03

Banned
That doesn't make sense, it could affect not only Earth, but also Earth in a couple of other times? You need to go big and claim it could affect the universe.

I guess time will collapse in on itself? Remember nobody on this show has speed force, they've gotta explain this shit.

I'm really excited for this show. Not so much the first two episodes because we know what we're getting, but everything after that is a big question mark that changes on a weekly basis and that's exciting.

Joni

I guess time will collapse in on itself? Remember nobody on this show has speed force, they've gotta explain this shit.

Rip, Stein, Palmer will give huge longwinded explanations while Sara and HeatWave are out kicking ass.

ZeroX03

Banned
#104 "White Nights" Synopsis

STEPHANIE CORNELIUSSEN (“MR. ROBOT”) GUEST STARS AS VALENTINA VOSTOCK – When Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) retreats behind the Iron Curtain in the early 1980s, a string of nuclear scientists begins to mysteriously disappear. The team follows Vandal’s trail straight into the heart of the Soviet Union in an attempt to find his next target. Ray (Brandon Routh) tries to bond with a beautiful Soviet scientist, Valentina Vostock (guest star Stephanie Corneliussen), in the hopes of finding out Vandal's next move. When Valentina rejects him, it’s Snart (Wentworth Miller) to the rescue. Stein (Victor Garber) pushes Jax (Franz Drameh) to be better, which frustrates Jax and ultimately threatens the Firestorm matrix. Rip (Arthur Darvill) asks Sara (Caity Lotz) to train Kendra (Ciara Renée).

Magwik

Banned
FAT MAN ON BATMAN v. LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Big ass first two episodes spoilers:
Rip Hunter has turned rogue and Chronos is a Time Master bounty hunter sent to stop him. He recruited the Legends because they were people that were destined to be forgotten. We learn more about Gideon. Stein has no respect for Palmer. Kendra is the funky 70s professor's mother from a past life. We meet Rip's dead family. Hawkman dies in the pilot.
This
Is
Amazing

ZeroX03

Banned
We know
Cold keeps his cool in all situations

The way the synopsis is written it makes it sounds like
she turns Ray down for a date and Cold has to be like "cheer up buddy, there are plenty of fish in the sea of time and space". Or alternatively, Cold seduces her because Ray can't.

Joni

The way the synopsis is written it makes it sounds like
she turns Ray down for a date and Cold has to be like "cheer up buddy, there are plenty of fish in the sea of time and space". Or alternatively, Cold seduces her because Ray can't.
I feel like the second is just
what Snart would do. He'd move in and pick up the girl that doesn't want a handsome billionaire. That probably never happened to Ray when he was actually a famous billionaire.

Snart is going to meet the real Captain Cold.
InconsequentialDearAfricanelephant.gif

Joni

Still 20 hours or so until I can view the episode. I really need to find a solution for stuff like that, maybe get up an hour earlier.

abundant

I'm really interested in how the show performs in the coming weeks. If this turns into another Flash, ratings wise, CW may do the unthinkable and order a fourth DC show.

Joni

I'm really interested in how the show performs in the coming weeks. If this turns into another Flash, ratings wise, CW may do the unthinkable and order a fourth DC show.
It would become harder at that point, Berlanti won't want to risk his two other Monday shows. I hope they go for something like a summer show.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

It would become harder at that point, Berlanti won't want to risk his two other Monday shows. I hope they go for something like a summer show.

Yeah, the schedule has become too tight. Without doubling-up on a day, they would have to program either on a very crowded Monday night or the genre television deadzone of Friday night.

If we're talking about another show that just happens to be a DC property, ala iZombie, I could see them putting it after Arrow or Legends, but I don't think they'd do it for another Arrowverse show.

Clearly CW needs to reclaim their Sunday night.

They should move Legends to the summer if it gets a S2.

I don't think CW is in a position right now to spend big money on summer shows, though. They generally use the Summer as a place to burn off practically-canceled shows or reality shows, mostly. Last year, I think the only totally new piece of programming they premiered was Significant Mother, which definitely doesn't have the budget of the Arrowverse shows.

abundant

I doubt we'll ever see a summer show. Broadcast Networks (FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, & CW) are too entrenched in the old ways of thinking that no one watches TV Shows during the summer time.

Joni

They should move Legends to the summer if it gets a S2.
That could be an option, depending on the team, especially if they make it smaller scale.

I doubt we'll ever see a summer show. Broadcast Networks (FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, & CW) are too entrenched in the old ways of thinking that no one watches TV Shows during the summer time.
CBS has started reclaiming it with Under the Dome, and I think CW should do the same. They're stuck if they keep limiting themselves to 10 shows a week, half of the year

I like the January premier date, but I would use Legends season 2 similar to how Marvel uses Agent Carter for Agents of SHIELD, as a replacement show for Arrow and/or Flash, so those shows could have continuous runs in the fall / spring.

Joni

I like the January premier date, but I would use Legends season 2 similar to how Marvel uses Agent Carter for Agents of SHIELD, as a replacement show for Arrow and/or Flash, so those shows could have continuous runs in the fall / spring.
Indeed. It is what I actually expected Legends of Tomorrow to be.

abundant

I think this would be the best way to go for Legends season 2 and/or if they pick up a fourth DC show. That way it kills two birds with one stone, it fixes the issue of them running out of room to place new shows and it means less reruns, which basically no one watches.

Given time traveling is the nature of the show
if Hawkman does indeed die, then odds are he can appear as a different reincarnation from whatever time period they end up in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom