• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned

Magwik

Banned
1. Skyward Sword isn't that great
2. It's rating from years ago has no relation to a DC Comics TV show. Can't just write off IGN as a whole for that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
IGN: Legend's of Tomorrow Ep. 1 Review
They gave it a
which is basically a 2 for anyone normal
, remember this is the place that gave Skyward fucking Sword a 10
. But I'll just choose to believe since it's IGN so they don't know what they're talking about.
If you're going to do character assassination, do it right: this same man gave an episode of Hemlock Grove a 7.6.

Not joking: he has reviewed Arrow episodes in the past. He gave the season premiere an 8.5.

Magwik

Banned
You want to go to war?

That son of a bitch brought the war TO US.

tLUo1zd.gif

Joni

After they fuck him up with prosthetics, yeah.

I am a little dubious that they'll do that, because, you know, CW. But he'd be visually perfect if they did.

It will also depend on how they want to go with him. If it is just a one-off, they can go as crazy as the animated movie. If they see potential for a longer appearance, they'll probably mute is for cost reasons.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm fine with whatever they do with Jonah Hex, but please, for the love of god, at some point in the series make the team be responsible for dumping him off in the post-apocalyptic future.

Joni

I'm fine with whatever they do with Jonah Hex, but please, for the love of god, at some point in the series make the team be responsible for dumping him off in the post-apocalyptic future.

He sounds like he already travelled through time.

TheOddOne

- THR: 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow': TV Review.
A crippling problem rapidly emerges as you realize that the thing about populating a show only with broad supporting characters is that there's no center, there's no still point. Every once in a while a Con-Air works (and many people don't think Con-Air worked), but you're more likely to get a mess than a cohesive story.
All of this could be overcome if Legends of Tomorrow were packed with great set pieces. It is not. The premiere has that great bar brawl and a lot of talk.
Despite springing from those two platforms, Legends of Tomorrow can't make its characters jell, can't clarify its narrative mission and can't get out of its own way and stop talking. Berlanti, Kreisberg and Guggenheim (plus Chuck vet Klemmer) have all earned some benefit of the doubt in this universe, and by the fifth or sixth episode, Legends of Tomorrow may have found its footing, but as a vehicle to get things moving, this almost couldn't be worse.

Joni

It is a shame network shows only give the pilot to reviewers, the Netflix method might be better in cases like this, although a bit more impossible with the shooting schedules.

ZeroX03

Banned
Mixed reviews don't scare me, I really think only Flash nailed the pilot. And almost every show has a weak pilot. Most early episodes suck.

Most reviews sound positive of Cold, Atom, Stein and Sara so it seems they're handling the most well established characters property. We knew the Hawks would blow, that's why they're disposable.

Magwik

Banned
Mixed reviews don't scare me, I really think only Flash nailed the pilot. And almost every show has a weak pilot. Most early episodes suck.

Most reviews sound positive of Cold, Atom, Stein and Sara so it seems they're handling the most well established characters property. We knew the Hawks would blow, that's why they're disposable.
Hawkgirl is fine
Hawkman just is so awful he brings both of them down

Joni

http://youtu.be/omdRYVSRUE0

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ove-letter-to-the-dcu-defines-mystic-arrow-s4

Interview with Guggenheim on Legends.

He says the show is very different on an episode by episode basis. He also says they play fast and loose with time travel (like Flash) so if you're a stickler for the rules of time travel it might not be the show for you.

Makes sense. They will probably go for a ripple effect route. Things they do in the past seem small so that the Flash/Arrow aren't affected, but they have a huge effect on the far future where Vandal is ruling.

ZeroX03

Banned
FAT MAN ON BATMAN v. LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Big ass first two episodes spoilers:
Rip Hunter has turned rogue and Chronos is a Time Master bounty hunter sent to stop him. He recruited the Legends because they were people that were destined to be forgotten. We learn more about Gideon. Stein has no respect for Palmer. Kendra is the funky 70s professor's mother from a past life. We meet Rip's dead family. Hawkman dies in the pilot.

FAT MAN ON BATMAN v. LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Rip Hunter has turned rogue and Chronos is a Time Master bounty hunter sent to stop him. He recruited the Legends because they were people that were destined to be forgotten. We learn more about Gideon. Stein has no respect for Palmer. Kendra is the funky 70s professor's mother from a past life. We meet Rip's dead family. Hawkman dies in the pilot.

OHMY

LionPride

Banned
...What

Wow those are some huge bombs. Kendra being Stein's mother will be so damn weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom