• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow |OT| Macho Man Vandal Savage - Thursdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Heatwave has probably gotten the most character development out of all the characters on the show. Never would have seen that coming. I expected him to stay pretty one note the entire time.

This episode was really good. The premise of being stranded in time, plus Ray and Kendra's relationship being strained by the rescue. Solid stuff all around. One of the first episodes where everyone was utilized properly.

Loved it. Such a great episode. Was legit surprised by the Kronos reveal. Wish Captain Cold got the first robo hand in the Arrowverse, oh well, he was a stone cold motherfucker doing is hand like that. And legit great fight at the end with the Team v. Rory.

You know they're setting Ray up for the biggest L with Kendra.

Ray IS the biggest L, after all.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Someone remind me who Talia was on Arrow. Because I only remember Nyssa lol.

No one. This is her first appearance.

But it's interesting because it places her in a certain part of time and history which, when compared with Batman mythos would have Batman operating in the 60s or 70s, making Adam West Batman canon.

That last part is all my own delusions, but I will not be dissuaded.

Penguin

But it's interesting because it places her in a certain part of time and history which, when compared with Batman mythos would have Batman operating in the 60s or 70s, making Adam West Batman canon.

Or she is semi-immortal like her father.

But yeah was wondering... how old that would make her and Bats when active.

Cafeman

Best episode yet. I was shocked by the Chronos reveal. Good stuff. Also Snart's decision in breaking free of the handcuffs. Also the 2 years of livin' life in the 50's , good stuff!

This is what is can be very interesting about a time travel story, showing the implications of it, the consequences. However, sarah and gang interacting with Ra's would have to have changed several major beats from Arrow in the 'future', right?

If Adam West's Batman being canon is wrong, I don't want to be right.

morningbus

Best episode yet. I was shocked by the Chronos reveal. Good stuff. Also Snart's decision in breaking free of the handcuffs. Also the 2 years of livin' life in the 50's , good stuff!

This is what is can be very interesting about a time travel story, showing the implications of it, the consequences. However, sarah and gang interacting with Ra's would have to have changed several major beats from Arrow in the 'future', right?

It actually could help explain some things. Why would the League of Assassin's take it some 20-something American woman and train her to be a killing machine? Now it's because Ra's knows what kind of fighter she is and is willing to be more sympathetic to her plight.

If Adam West's Batman being canon is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Let's get a hashtag going #ArrowWest

ZeroX03

Banned
I wasn't looking for a Chronos identity reveal before the episode, didn't really care who he was, but as soon as Snart alone was taken it was obvious. It was a cool play. Four team members had years of living. Goofy but it worked.

PS Guggy already said Batman (Beyond) off limits sorry folks

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Loved the episode, Chronos' dodgy handrail made me laugh though, and why did Snart freeze his hand and not the rail?!

morningbus

Nanda Parbat continues its proud CW tradition of secret lairs being more accessible than your average bus station.

Yo, we really gonna complain about a time traveling spaceship helmed by a guy from the future who did an exhaustive thesis on the secret, inner-workings of the organization being able to find the place?

xenist

Yo, we really gonna complain about a time traveling spaceship helmed by a guy from the future who did an exhaustive thesis on the secret, inner-workings of the organization being able to find the place?

No. We're gonna complain about your average dude dropping a ninja with a single punch. And the we're gonna complain about a bunch of four yahoos going for a leisurely walk inside. And then we're gonna complain about Ra's saying "Oh, you want to leave, cool?" They stopped short of having Sarah and Ra's exchange a parting hug.

morningbus

No. We're gonna complain about your average dude dropping a ninja with a single punch. And the we're gonna complain about a bunch of four yahoos going for a leisurely walk inside. And then we're gonna complain about Ra's saying "Oh, you want to leave, cool?" They stopped short of having Sarah and Ra's exchange a parting hug.

I guess I'd be angrier if the League was ever portrayed as being competent in the first place.

And Ra's has always been the nicest maniac in charge of a shadow organization.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ra's is a weird dude. He swings between being a pretty reasonable guy to "let's kill a lot of people, it's tradition after all". It's almost like he's written to fit whatever plot they want and not as a fully fleshed out character.

Also boy do they want to make their money's worth out of that Nanda Parbat set.

Ra's is a weird dude. He swings between being a pretty reasonable guy to "let's kill a lot of people, it's tradition after all". It's almost like he's written to fit whatever plot they want and not as a fully fleshed out character.
Yeah, he's like decent one minute with extreme views towards the League and the next he's implied to be a rapist.

Joni

It was an excellent adventure, especially with R'as being back.

Firstly, it seems Dominic Purcell is a huuuuuge fucking asshole? Like "fuck you I'm going to smoke indoors", major attitude problem, etc.
The problem is that you never know if that is a constant thing or related to personal problems like with every human person alive. Like maybe he acts out against an assistant messing up like Bale did, or maybe you are confronting an incompetent director like Norton did, or maybe you're stressed because you have cancer.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Also boy do they want to make their money's worth out of that Nanda Parbat set.

Yep, he was all over the place in Arrow. There is a thin line between complex and inconsistent. Ra's comes off as the latter.

I liked Sara effectively still ensuring that she gets found by the League by telling Ra's to have his daughter be by the coast at the time the Amazo went down. Nyssa/Sara lives on!

Chariot

qOcpzCa.png

Good episode, good to see the team (more or less) together. Although I disliked that Sara told R'as to send Nyssa to the coast and that the regeneration happened to fast. Should've taken at least a few hours. This is just lame. League also continues to suck. Trained assassin getting smacked by a mechanic. Come on.

So I started watching this show and am all caught up and I have to say I didn't really like last nights episode. It was better than some of the episodes we've been getting recently but nothing spectacular. I think my biggest problem is the fact that the episode had an interesting premise that was ruined in favor of nonsense shenanigans. I liked the idea of part of the team being left behind for two years and having to adjust to a new life in the past and then Rip suddenly showing up like nothing has changed. However, this interesting concept is basically thrown away immediately in favor of League-Sara nonsense, Cronos (a reveal I saw coming a month ago), and another new plot magic time side effect.

Rather than having these team members go through an interesting struggle as they attempt to question whether or not they still care about the mission when they have crafted a whole new lives for themselves we get to save idiot Sara from the League because time wimey nonsense has caused her to forget herself. We could have even spent the majority of the episode from the left behind crew's perspective, charting their lives over the two years away, perhaps even make it a two parter. I just hate the fact that such an interesting premise was wasted and any character growth was extremely limited.

Also, does nobody question when a local college professor and his wife suddenly go missing? Wouldn't the police upon closer inspection learn that their identities were fake prompting more investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom