• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

ZeroX03

Banned
lovethe70s3wxyd.gif

lovethenazislhydm.gif

...but he hates the 80s.

JSevere

LoT is probably the only show I can think of that can tell an emotional and poignant story about slavery and then have most of its characters fight zombies in the 1860s in one episode. It all worked really well together too.

Really digging the cast this year. Don't miss Hunter, Cold, Hawkgirl, and Savage at all, and Steel and Vixen are great additions to the team.

TreIII

LoT is probably the only show I can think of that can tell an emotional and poignant story about slavery and then have most of its characters fight zombies in the 1860s in one episode. It all worked really well together too.

Really digging the cast this year. Don't miss Hunter, Cold, Hawkgirl, and Savage at all, and Steel and Vixen are great additions to the team.

Yeah, all this. I can't reiterate enough about how I was actually quite impressed with how far they were willing to go on a CW show.

I will disagree with one thing, though.

I do miss my Cold. But I'm sure we'll see him (again), soon enough...

I miss Hunter and Cold, but the Hawks/Vandal can go stay far away. Hunter was great as a foil to the Chaos of the rest of the legends and Cold.. well, He's Cold.

I gotta agree. It was quite touching.

Asbel

Yeah, incredible episode. Powerful and it was fun seeing martial arts and powers used against zombies. Easily the best superhero show this week.

george_us

I miss Hunter and Cold, but the Hawks/Vandal can go stay far away. Hunter was great as a foil to the Chaos of the rest of the legends and Cold.. well, He's Cold.
Yeah the Hawks can stay dead or wherever the hell they ended up for all eternity for all I care. Savage wasn't bad but the writers continuously coming up with ridiculous ways to prevent the team from killing him wore thin. Dat Cold and Heatwave dynamic tho. So good. I was kind of worried Vixen would end up as boring as Kendra but she kicked all kinds of ass this episode. Also glad my man Jax finally got time to shine instead of always being sidelined.

Penguin

I was surprised they tackled slavery at all, and for the most part handled it better than I would have suspected from a comic book show.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know what annoyed me about this episode? When they had them singing the spiritual and still had the regular soundtrack playing behind it, and it didn't match up at all.

carlsojo

Savage was great but his writing was sooooooooooo terrible.

So did Rip's actor get fired or what?

Feels weird without him.

99% sure he's hanging out in the old west. I think he's still listed as main cast.

Personally I don't miss him at all. He was dead weight like the Hawks.

Watched it, enjoyed it. Mick as a zombie was glorious. Now I want to know if Ray will make any adjustments to Swagtain Cold's Cold Gun? Possibly generate an ice field/shield.

Oh man..... They were lucky there wasn't any Speedster's around and transferring that infection around. It would have been Marvel Zombies all over again!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was surprised they tackled slavery at all, and for the most part handled it better than I would have suspected from a comic book show.

I'm in shock. I wanna know who wrote this episode because it reminds me of the good modern Doctor Who episodes. It balanced out the emotional and absolutely ridiculous very well.

There was a ton packed into this one too. Usually this show doesn't handle the B and C plotlines very well, but this might have been the first time that it all clicked in place. Jax seeing the horrors of slavery, Stein facing his fear, Ray finding a new role, Sara dealing with the pressure of leadership, etc. Nothing felt rushed.

If every episode was like this one, it would be top of the pack for DC comic shows.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm in shock. I wanna know who wrote this episode because it reminds me of the good modern Doctor Who episodes. It balanced out the emotional and absolutely ridiculous very well.

Oh I was waiting for this one.

It was fan favorite Marc Guggenheim

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that one was pretty good. It's nice to see the show tackle heavier topics this season.

Don't miss Hunter, Cold, Hawkgirl, and Savage at all

I do miss Cold, but Hunter can stay gone forever for all I care and the Hawk peopleSavage being gone make the show 500% better.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh I was waiting for this one.

It was fan favorite Marc Guggenheim

Ah, that would explain it. This one was tight as a drum. No wasted time and all the subplots got juggled well.

ZeroX03

Banned
Uncle Guggy!?
I dun believe it. Are you sure one of the flash writers didn't drop by?

Yes actually, it was co-written with Ray Utarnachitt who wrote a S1 episode of The Flash hahahahaha.

I checked the writers during the episode to see if either of them were black, that was not the case.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guggenheim is on fire so far this season.

The episode worked because it gave everyone a plotline that made sense and moved them forward as characters. The fact that they also did this in the most ridiculous genre mashup ever of Time Travel, Superheroes, Zombies, and Slavery is a feat that at a conceptual level will be hard to top, let alone get as right as this.

Plus, Jax getting to set a plantation on fire and watch it burn is just sweet icing on the whole thing.

Impressed they managed handle slavery that well during a zombie ep, and Jax watching the plantation burn was cathartic.

Also diet Brad Pitt>>>>> Rip Hunter

Joni

Jax doesn't have enough imagination. They could have a mission in Africa. Knowing his luck, it would be Apartheid South Africa.
That whipping was harsh. Good that they included Jax stopping Vixen.

Ricker

So the Atom is really over...? I find it strange that he wont get his Armor/suit back and just become Cold number 2.

To be continued I guess... ;)

So the Atom is really over...? I find it strange that he wont get his Armor/suit back and just become Cold number 2.

To be continued I guess... ;)

I doubt that he probably get a new suit somewhere down the line. Maybe travel into the future and grab one or some shit.

Top Bottom