• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

carlsojo

I know there's an image out there which shows this better, but it's roughly this:

(Supergirl you can watch in any order except for the one crossover episode, which didn't even match The Flash's timeline)

Netflix should really set up an Arrowverse playlist that has the whole series in order.

Penguin

So random fun-fact, my friend works at Warner, and got me into SDCC using the badge of one of his friends. Friend was the writer of tonight's ep

So yeah... maybe if ever meet him get him to sign his SDCC badge I got.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So the girl is probably Stein's daughter right?

That's totally what I was thinking. Since he told his younger self to cherish his wife more and spend less time at work, they end up having a daughter. Since he says that in the mid 80s, she would be in her mid to late 20s by 2016.

Am I crazy or is this show actually good now? This is probably what most people would call a "filler" episode but it did some great work establishing character relationships. This is what I always wanted this show to be but never got during Season 1. Couple thoughts

- Ray chewing on tootsie rolls instead of tobacco haha
- Captain Sara is great, as usual
- Heatwave getting along with the villain is a great little moment
- I can't think when Vixen is on screen 🔥🔥🔥
- It's cool that they were able to get Ray in position to rebuild his suit by having dwarfstar alloy being an integral part of this plot. Makes good use of an episode that doesn't move the serial story along
- DwarfStar Gun! Yes!
- Loving Nate's enthusiasm. They're getting good mileage out of his character.
- Much better story for Jonah Hex. They didn't really get to use him a ton but he had some good moments bouncing off Sara
- I like that they didn't waste time in this episode trying to setup the crossover. Just a simple Shits Going Down in 2016 is fine with me. Doesn't alienate people who don't watch the show and for those of us that do, we don't lose time from the story we're watching

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably cause he can't open his mouth all the way with the scarring/prosthetic. So because he has to keep his mouth kinda closed when he talks, it's easier to do the baleman voice since it's lower and requires less range.

kmfdmpig

This show is much more fun than it was last year. Losing the hawks certainly helped, but I wonder if losing Rip also helped a bit.

This year it feels like they're off on an adventure, and has a similar tone as Firefly had.

I honestly feel like the quality is up because of carry-over from the improvements they made to Arrow. Like, the Legends are actually killing people now (like Green Arrow), whereas last season, we had cold and heat guns that just pushed people down, for whatever reason.

carlsojo

My hope for a future episode this season: Star City 2047: Revisit Old Arrow and Connor Hawk a year after the team visited the dystopian world the first time.

Also: more Mick and Amara.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I loved this episode. Sara when she isn't in revengence mode is an awesome captain, so much better than Rip. Even if this episode didn't move the whole Damien Darhk and Reverse Flash storyline it was a much better story in the west than the one from the first season.

ZeroX03

Banned
We need a Heat Wave intro narration.

The "please don't call us heroes" only sounds right coming from Stein, weird when Jax says it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
We need a Heat Wave intro narration.

The "please don't call us heroes" only sounds right coming from Stein, weird when Jax says it.

I think it's the accent he does. It's so over the top that it gets into a goofy territory with the narration. Otherwise I don't mind it, in short bursts I get that he's going for a New York City vibe.

Total filler, but it was fine.

Wish Hex would do something though.

I mean, the type of show this is this season is 90% procedural, 10% recurring plot. It's like Doctor Who with the Doctor replaced with more companions. it's much less serialized than the other Arowverse shows, which is why it's so much better than last season.

It did move the plot forward, but the only necessary piece that they had to move forward this episode was explaining how Ray gets his suit back. That gave them plenty of room to play with fun time shenanigans.

I could see a scenario where Stein retires to 2016 at the end of the season and his possible daughter somehow takes his place as the other half of Firestorm.

ZeroX03

Banned
Synopsis for the mid-season finale looks good as hell. All around me are returning faces...

#2.08 "The Chicago Way"
LEGION OF DOOM — When a new Time Aberration is discovered by the Legends, they find themselves headed to 1927 Chicago. The Legends quickly realize that they have been set up by Eobard Thawne (guest star Matt Letscher), Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and the newest member of the Legion of Doom, Malcolm Merlyn (guest star John Barrowman). While everyone is trying to help fix what they think is the mission, Jax (Franz Drameh) encourages a reluctant Stein (Victor Garber) to share his secret with the other Legends. Stein is taken captive and Sara (Caity Lotz) must make the tough choice of either stopping the Legion of Doom or saving Stein. Meanwhile, Rory (Dominic Purcell) gets an unexpected visitor and is not sure how to handle it. Brandon Routh, Nick Zano and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Sarah Nicole Jones & Ray Utarnachitt (#208). Original airdate 12/8/2016.

Top Bottom