• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It didn't though, Mick is still doing what he doing before and Steel developed and issue just to remove it instantly like it as never there.
A filler episode to me is one that does nothing to advance its characters or the story of the show.

In this episode we had:
1) Ray gets a way to rebuild his suit.
2) Steel learns that it's more than superpowers that make a superhero.
3) We learn that Mick still doesn't feel like a part of the team and could very easily slip back into his old ways, as evidenced by him becoming immediate friends with the episode's bad guy.
4) Futher to that we had Vixen and Mick's relationship advance.
5) We got setup for something interesting with Stein.

The last few bits there are going to be important for the show when it reintroduces Captain Cold, as Mick is still kind of in a place where he'd join back up with him. He needs to not be in that place and they're trying to build up loyalty with the team.

Sure, you could have done those things in any time period and episode, but enough personal advancement happened that I don't think it's fair to call this filler.

I swear, serialized television has ruined some of y'all.

It's an episodic show! Even if it doesn't contribute to the Myth Arc at all, it's STILL a worthwhile episode just because it has fun character moments, action, whatever.

Joni

I swear, serialized television has ruined some of y'all.

It's an episodic show! Even if it doesn't contribute to the Myth Arc at all, it's STILL a worthwhile episode just because it has fun character moments, action, whatever.

They're just kidding themselves. Serialized shows turn terrible very fast.

Wag

kamandithelastboyonearth1.jpg

Do it!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Kamandi: The Last Boy in Vancouver

That would be cool though. DC has a plethora of obscure characters that aren't used very often.

carlsojo

So when does rip come back ?

Never.
He's probably being held captive by the Dominators to be honest.

Heatwave and Vixen are a fun pairing of villain and superhero team-up this show was made for and I want to see more of it. Cold being missing this season has really kind of shortchanged the team-up dynamics possibilities and I hope they add another villain eventually.

"We're not heroes, we're legends." Well if Heatwave wasn't there you'd be a team of superheroes soooooo I guess we can still call you legends.

strafer

Of course. That is where Emily Bett Rickards was born. But it must be terrible for the men when they import people like Grant Gustin. Like having Stephen and Robbie Amell wasn't bad enough.

<-------- Fort Saskatchewan, Canada

Canada rules.

Kevin

Does anyone know why Arthur Darvill is no longer a part of the show? He was one of my favorite characters. Did the actor choose to leave? I hear he's coming back in a different role.
Probably a villain role.
Really hope he comes back for season 3 if it happens.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Does anyone know why Arthur Darvill is no longer a part of the show? He was one of my favorite characters. Did the actor choose to leave? I hear he's coming back in a different role.
Probably a villain role.
Really hope he comes back for season 3 if it happens.

He'll be back this season. He had commitments to the latest season of Broadchurch.

Top Bottom