• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

caliph95

The Legends interacting with the past and Cisco releasing that one Dominator tipped the Dominators off to metahumans on Earth

But they were already coming for the metahumans isn't that why they kidnapped the nonmetas to figure out metahuman situation. They said they were able to get a truce and only came back because of Barry so it seems they already knew about the situation. .

Sephzilla

But they were already coming for the metahumans isn't that why they kidnapped the nonmetas to figure out metahuman situation. They said they were able to get a truce and only came back because of Barry so it seems they already knew about the situation. .

Honestly, the logic behind the Dominators return is flimsy as fuck. The only solid thing established is that Cisco and the others interfering basically assisted in their return.

Joni

The Legends interacting with the past and Cisco releasing that one Dominator tipped the Dominators off to metahumans on Earth. The Dominators returning was, effectively, always Cisco's fault. I'm effectively shrugging off the Dominator/Flashpoint stuff because it's never really explained.

They always need to show up in the 50s though, with the Justice Society of America there are some metahumans so they always get alerted. And then they need to return when Barry changes the timeline.

abundant

They should add a summer crossover. It would probably kill season finale cliffhangers, but it would be worth it.

People keep saying that they should do something for the summer, but I doubt that it'd ever happen, because the CW doesn't really care what they air during those few months.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh yeah, good ratings team:

♦ Supergirl 3.5 mil (+33%), 1.1 (+20% week-to-week) — FINAL
♦ The Flash 4.2 mil (+40%), 1.5 (+36%) — FINAL
♦ Arrow 3.5 mil (+84%), 1.3 (+86%)
♦ Legends of Tomorrow 3.33 mil (+80%), 1.1 (+83%)

YES GIVE ME MORE CROSS OVERS

GulAtiCa

With Crisco giving Supergirl that Dimensional-rift device, I hope this means we end up seeing some light interactions between the shows later in the 2nd of the show.

Kara and Oliver's dialogue about "this world could use a Supergirl" and "our world could use an Oliver Queen" seems like they have to be dropping hints at an Earth-merging event, even if they are unsure about doing it.

Really I think it's the biggest event they could possibly do, and is way more served as a joint-finale for the four shows than a midseason crossover.

Sephzilla

I think a Crisis that merges the earths together is going to happen too. Cisco did have that vision of Earth-2 being destroyed and right now that's the only blemish on his otherwise perfect record of predicting the future

Dereck

I need a wallpaper of this.
How is this?

http://i.imgur.com/8jkW40J.png

w8bMFou.gif

Ithil

Steel's costume has to be intentionally dorky looking, you couldn't make that and not notice it looks ridiculous.

This was the most crossover of the crossover episodes. Flash episode was half crossover, half Flash, Arrow was like 90% Arrow, 10% crossover, this was almost all crossover apart from the Stein scenes.

I mean the biggest focus in this episode was on Flash, Cisco, Oliver and Stein, only one of whom is a Legends cast member. The last scene was about Flash and Green Arrow, the Legends themselves just sort of wandered off (except Sara who did have a farewell scene). Jax, Vixen, Heatwave (funny as his lines were) and Atom weren't focused on at all in the entire crossover.

Lord help you if you only watch Legends out of the Arrowverse shows, all eight or so of you.

PreFire

When Ray said that Kara looked just like his cousin, could it be her doppelgänger was adopted by Ray's family instead the ones from Supergirl? Meaning she's still in hiding in Arrowverse Earth 1. Or maybe it was an Easter egg to something else? Cousins in real life or something, he played Superman reference?

Find it kind of dumb Superman or Kara don't exist in Arrowverse. Krypton should still exist, and Cal El's parents would still ship him to a suitable planet, just maybe not Earth. Maybe he got sent to a planet where he's instead a villain, along with his cousin. Would make a crazy Flash episode where Superman and his cousin come to Earth to destroy it or some shit.

Or maybe he did land on Earth, but Men in Black got him instead of the Kents. Merging Earths wouldn't make sense, since everyone most likely has a doppelgänger who lives a completely different life. And if you don't have a doppelgänger and Earths merge, there will probably be some kind of singularity like in season 1 of the flash.

Typed way more than I wanted to lol.. Loved the crossovers though

Sephzilla

When Ray said that Kara looked just like his cousin, could it be her doppelgänger was adopted by Ray's family instead the ones from Supergirl? Meaning she's still in hiding in Arrowverse Earth 1. Or maybe it was an Easter egg to something else? Cousins in real life or something, he played Superman reference?

Find it kind of dumb Superman or Kara don't exist in Arrowverse. Krypton should still exist, and Cal El's parents would still ship him to a suitable planet, just maybe not Earth. Maybe he got sent to a planet where he's instead a villain, along with his cousin. Would make a crazy Flash episode where Superman and his cousin come to Earth to destroy it or some shit.

Or maybe he did land on Earth, but Men in Black got him instead of the Kents. Merging Earths wouldn't make sense, since everyone most likely has a doppelgänger who lives a completely different life. And if you don't have a doppelgänger and Earths merge, there will probably be some kind of singularity like in season 1 of the flash.

Typed way more than I wanted to lol.. Loved the crossovers though

It was a reference to Brandon Routh playing Superman at one point in time.

Also, Kara and Superman probably exist in the Arrowverse. Maybe Krypton didn't blow up or something (yet) in that universe. It's the same universe that does technically have the Waynes but no Batman that we know of.

Ithil

Also I was amused by Cisco literally stating his character arc outloud after he changed the timeline. A little heavyhanded on the writing there.

Sephzilla

That's not good enough. Did we forget that Cisco's intentions were not the same as Barry's? Far more heroic tbh.

Cisco went back in time and tried to prevent an "innocent" alien from being murdered.

Barry went back in time and tried to prevent an innocent woman from being murdered.

Because he understands where Barry is coming from.

Cisco went back in time and tried to prevent an "innocent" alien from being murdered.

Barry went back in time and tried to prevent an innocent woman from being murdered.

I disagree. Barry tried to save his mother because he was distraught over losing his father in the same fashion(violently).It was a completely emotional response. Cisco was trying to show an alien race that is fully capable of taking out the planet that we are a noble species.

Totally different. One was selfish and one was not. Had cisco gone back in the waverider and saved his brother only to cause more time ripples, then you would have something to stand on.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Also I was amused by Cisco literally stating his character arc outloud after he changed the timeline. A little heavyhanded on the writing there.
I've come to the conclusion that most people watching the show need that heavy hand.

Sephzilla

The only reason Cisco even went along was selfish though. He just wanted to be away from Barry because Cisco was still being a pouty little bitch that nobody else was as mad at Barry as he was. Cisco even being in the position to make that call was the result of a completely emotional response.

I'd also point out that Cisco was trying to save the life if a species that literally just got done wiping out a platoon of completely innocent soldiers. His choice was more stupid than it was noble.

The only reason Cisco even went along was selfish though. He just wanted to be away from Barry because Cisco was still being a pouty little bitch that nobody else was as mad at Barry as he was. Cisco even being in the position to make that call was the result of a completely emotional response.

I'd also point out that Cisco was trying to save the life if a species that literally just got done wiping out a platoon of completely innocent soldiers. His choice was more stupid than it was noble.

I disagree. Cisco was not being a pouty little bitch. Everyone should have been just as upset with Barry.

Your second point is missed on me. I see his actions as a gamble to save humanity. Barry's was to get his parents back, realizes he can't have that life, tries to change it back only to make things worse for everyone he is involved with.

No empathy at all. This is crazy.

Joni

That's not good enough. Did we forget that Cisco's intentions were not the same as Barry's? Far more heroic tbh.
Yes. But he realized there how difficult it is not to change stuff. It is basically him setting a step forward. Barry should still do so as well, but the guy just wants his friend back.

Sephzilla

I disagree. Cisco was not being a pouty little bitch. Everyone should have been just as upset with Barry.

Your second point is missed on me. I see his actions as a gamble to save humanity. Barry's was to get his parents back, realizes he can't have that life, tries to change it back only to make things worse for everyone he is involved with.

No empathy at all. This is crazy.

Cisco basically went Season 4 Felicity-tier self-centered during the crossover. He never for a moment stopped to ask himself how in the world Barry saving his mother could have somehow caused Dante to die years later in the future (or if Dante wouldn't have died anyway in the original timeline) and instead projected his anger to the point of straight up saying "Barry killed my brother" and Felicity has to straight up correct Cisco about this. The whole point of what happened in Legends was to show Cisco that even one simple act with good intentions can cause a lot of changes you can in no way anticipate. Basically, Cisco got a slap across the face that made him realize there was absolutely no way that Barry could have known what would happen.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I still preferred Nate when he was just wearing regular clothes and Steel-ing out. It looked way better, in my opinion. The costume makes sense because of his enthusiasm, but he's still a fucking nerd historian. Tuck your shirt in and wear your slim fit shirt, nerd.

It was a reference to Brandon Routh playing Superman at one point in time.

Also, Kara and Superman probably exist in the Arrowverse. Maybe Krypton didn't blow up or something (yet) in that universe. It's the same universe that does technically have the Waynes but no Batman that we know of.

Dumb thought idea:

The Arrow/Flash/Legends all appeared 10-15ish years before Bruce becomes Batman. And in Earth 1 Krypton went boom later and Kara's pod arrived at the same time as Kal-El's.

So roughish timeline:
Barry's Mom Gets handshanked by Thawne 15ish years ago
Kara's pod along with Kal's lands 10ish years ago, without any inspiration to become Supergirl
Oliver Queen gets Shipwrecked 10 years ago
Arrow plot begins 5 years ago
Flash appears 3 years ago?

Edit: this might also explain the Future Timeline paper had the Merger between Queen Consolidated and Wayne Enterprises, because the Wayne's wouldn't allow it. The board that the Wayne's don't run(Circa Bruce's parents getting shot to Bruce regaining control) would though

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As someone who only watches Supergirl (who might as well have not been a part of the crossover) and Legends, I guess I was happy with how it all played out. I don't know if I have the desire to watch the other two shows though, they both just seem mopey and morose.

Joni

As someone who only watches Supergirl (who might as well have not been a part of the crossover) and Legends, I guess I was happy with how it all played out. I don't know if I have the desire to watch the other two shows though, they both just seem mopey and morose.
Do it. Just do their first seasons and see if you get hooked

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Arrow...maybe a little. It tries to be serious. Flash is basically the same as Supergirl. The drama beats it had in the crossover aren't indicative of the general tone during during Season 1 and 2. It's a little goofy for my tastes personally but a lot of people love it

Dip your toes into the water on both shows while everything is on break.

RedAssedApe

Banned

arrow is...but like people have said already, the flash is much closer to supergirl. im shipping those two hard. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So it's not episode over episode of dead parents and former best friends being forced to work together? lol
It's strange because it felt like they were trying to close a big arc for Flash, so it was like watching the ending of a story that I don't know anything about (like why didn't the Legends try to stop this Flashpoint event in the first place since their whole thing is being time cops now?) while also watching just another adventure for Supergirl and the Legends team.

Toa TAK

Banned

Flash is pure fun. Get on it. Just for the first season at least.

Perhaps the best of the three? Love how it finished.
Dominators were clearly the weakest aspect, but enough of the rest was on point that I cracked a grin.

Since Amaya is out doing LoT things and currently out of her present and has been for a while now, has Mari (present Vixen) ceased to exist?

Top Bottom