• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Also, we all agree that by 2025, Banks will have anti-speedster technology that makes phasing through especially difficult, right?

Think about it: at our current rate of new speedsters, there could be hundreds running around by then.

caliph95

I love the legion of doom and Eobard calling the legends idiots. Especially fitting was i the only one frustrated they just didn't stop and ask Barry if they are any speedsters they were missing.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I love how each DC show has a stellar season two and then a weak season three.

Hopefully this can buck the trend.

Magwik

Banned
Also, we all agree that by 2025, Banks will have anti-speedster technology that makes phasing through especially difficult, right?

Think about it: at our current rate of new speedsters, there could be hundreds running around by then.

Yeah I figured the bank safe was built with metahumans in mind.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Was it me or did that explanation finally made sense of everything?

I think this was the first time that 'Legends' explained time travel and I said "Okay, I understand what they mean." By some miracle, I get what's going on with Thawne and why he needs the Spear of Destiny. I appreciate that they were able to make a distinction between rewriting history and rewriting reality.

Black Flash needs some blue lightning.

Here you go.
raw

Joni

I love the legion of doom and Eobard calling the legends idiots. Especially fitting was i the only one frustrated they just didn't stop and ask Barry if they are any speedsters they were missing.

The dude is a liar. He isn't going to tell them he let Eobard go.

caliph95

Introduced villains that weren't obnoxious.
Excised the boring wet blankets from the team (Hawkgirl/Rip Hunter).
Turned Heatwave into Wolverine (in that he's a heavy drinking asshole).

Also gave them a goal that didn't require them to be idiots in order for the season to have a story.
Taking itself less seriously and being dumb.

morningbus

Sarah has been a better Captain than Rip and everyone else on the team pooling their best attributes together to compensate for not having a timemaster has worked out really well for the show.

I still like Rip, though. I think they could work him back into the team with a different dynamic now that his brain has been messed with.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Whoa, Rip rocked.

Rip did nothing of interest last season but lecture the team, complain about his family, and have to explain every facet of time travel. And in every single conflict, his emotional range went about as far as I can bend my knees backwards. Never fear, exuberance, pride, relief... Just him dryly going "Unfortunately Mr. Rorie, it seems we are left to our own devices." "Unfortunately Ms. Lance, it seems Gideon has locked us out." "Unfortunately Mr. Snart, we are mostly likely in the crosshairs of the Time Masters themselves..."

Like... there's giving a character a voice, and then there's deriving all their dialogue from a fucking page of Mad Libs.

This season atleast has given Arthur Darvill some actual fucking material to have some fun with.

Pachimari

Yeah, Rip Hunter was horrible last season, but it have been much better this season, as he isn't captain and the actor got stuff to do. Much better.

When is Snart supposed to team up with the Legion of Doom? And is he supposed to team up with them?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, Rip Hunter was horrible last season, but it have been much better this season, as he isn't captain and the actor got stuff to do. Much better.

When is Snart supposed to team up with the Legion of Doom? And is he supposed to team up with them?

They made it sound like that's what's happening in the press material for Season 2. Just no idea how or when. Well, maybe Mick gets ahold of the Spear of... Oh man.

Is Heatwave gonna save Captain Cold with Jesus magic?!?!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Recent Interview with Champagne Guggenheim

So it's 100% that Snart will be recruited into the Legion of Doom. I'm guessing he shows up as a stinger in the next episode since its called "Turncoat." Although, that could also be in reference to Rip's recent allegiance shift. The imdb blurb about the episode after that, "Camelot/3000", mentions Snart but I can't find a source and it looks wonky. Gotta be soon though, we only have a couple episodes left.

The episode was really good.

I loved the Legion of Doom member logos instead of the usual legends logos in the beggining.
The team-up of Damien and Merlyn was great.
Also, the scene where Damien tries to choose between Rip's left or right eye was great.
Eobard, as usual, is awesome and I loved to see him frightened.
He has to battle Black Flash, though. However, my ideal fight would be Eobard vs Zoom.

Legion of Doom > Waverider people

It won't happen, but it would be nice to see a good guys and bad guys team-up, just for one episode or two. Eobard could interact with Ray and Sara could have to team-up with Damien. It would be a nice change of pace.

GulAtiCa

17 now. Last episode according to IMDB will be March 28th. Though that assumes no breaks after the Turncoat episode (after next week). With any added breaks prob be April.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
It won't happen, but it would be nice to see a good guys and bad guys team-up, just for one episode or two. Eobard could interact with Ray and Sara could have to team-up with Damien. It would be a nice change of pace.

Ooooh - this would be great!

GulAtiCa

I can kinda see the Legion of Doom halve winning. Maybe using it enough to bring themselve's back or w/e but being defeated in the end.

Joni

17 now. Last episode according to IMDB will be March 28th. Though that assumes no breaks after the Turncoat episode (after next week). With any added breaks prob be April.
They can't do breaks, it needs to go off the air for izombie.

GulAtiCa

I feel like of all the current Legend's characters, these are the most likely to stay to least:

Sara
Ray
Prof Stein / Jax
Rip Hunter
Mick
Nate
Vixen

I actually like all current members (much better then Hawk people...). But I feel like the last 2 can easily be replaced, since they joined on when it was an emergency. Esp Vixen who would likely return to her own time when she finished her mission.

If they do add more people to the Legends list (ignoring whoever might be the villian/villians), I wonder who they might add. Maybe new characters? or Existing ones?

Nabs

Lily will probably get a few episodes at some point. I do hope they keep Amaya, she's been a really strong addition to the cast.

Joni

I don't know. I have the feeling this season is structured to allow Stein to be written out, same as Nate feels like enough to replace Ray if necessary. Myself, if they keep Sara, I'll always stay watching.

I feel like of all the current Legend's characters, these are the most likely to stay to least:

Sara
Ray
Prof Stein / Jax
Rip Hunter
Mick
Nate
Vixen

I actually like all current members (much better then Hawk people...). But I feel like the last 2 can easily be replaced, since they joined on when it was an emergency. Esp Vixen who would likely return to her own time when she finished her mission.

If they do add more people to the Legends list (ignoring whoever might be the villian/villians), I wonder who they might add. Maybe new characters? or Existing ones?

Yeah, Nate and Vixen aren't that nessecary, especially if the next season is about the multiverse.
They could add Wally, he's op though. Another choice can be Mister Terrific if Curtis becomes Mister Terrific in Arrow.
As for a new character who can join the team, if DCEU won't use him anytime soon, I can see Martian Manhunter to show up, since he's popular (ok, not Batman popular, but it's not like he's a nobody) and he has interesting and useful superpowers (shapeshifting can be really useful). Maybe a Teen Titans member can show up so there will be more members in the age of Jax. Starfire or Raven maybe.

Pachimari

I feel like Captain Steel (Nate) have been a very strong addition. You can feel his presence in every episode, and dare I say he's also made it more fun to watch. Vixen can easily be replaced because they have been so bad in showcasing and using her animal powers. But it would be sad if they let an actress like her go, so they better up their game and showcase her powers. I wouldn't replace any of them for Season 3.

I would like Starfire to join the team. Hell no to Mister Terrific, he haven't done shit in Arrow.

morningbus

Martian Manhunter (and the actor) is currently pretty important over on Supergirl.

Ms. Martian, however, would work. Though I'd want her personality to be closer to Young Justice S1 than what we've gotten so far on Supergirl.

Top Bottom