• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island |OT| Island of the Dead

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I have to admit I can't think of the last time Steam unlocked at midnight EST. I'm not complaining though!
2 weeks ago. Deus Ex.

With Steam becoming a major player, midnight unlocks are becoming a regular thing.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I doubt it will go lower than 30 for a while.
Yeah, $34 is probably the lowest it's gonna go for a while without any kind of referal bonus. Remember that after release the price is gonna go up another 15% as well.

Artadius

I've updated the event tonight on Steam to start at 11:30 PM Eastern as a chat event so, if folks want to, can meet in a Steam chatroom and break off into co-op buddies.

I'd like to play with folks who would be willing to voice chat during the game (makes coordinating plans much easier)... so either Steam voice chat will do....or I also have access to a Mumble server I can give info to if need be.

vehn

lets say you and another guy play in coop and play for like 5 hours (and he hosts). But then you have to leave for work and the host keeps playing. When you get back, can you continue from the save the host started (even though he's a few hours ahead now), or do you have to start from the beginning of the game?

Artadius

vehn said:
lets say you and another guy play in coop and play for like 5 hours (and he hosts). But then you have to leave for work and the host keeps playing. When you get back, can you continue from the save the host started (even though he's a few hours ahead now), or do you have to start from the beginning of the game?

A few people have posted already that your progress in the storyline and on quests is saved even when you're a guest in someone else's game.

vehn

Artadius said:
A few people have posted already that your progress in the storyline and on quests is saved even when you're a guest in someone else's game.

So if you were to join someone's playthrough that is far ahead, can you just save that to another save slot or whatever? So you have your own playthrough and now somoene else's farther ahead one?

vehn said:
So if you were to join someone's playthrough that is far ahead, can you just save that to another save slot or whatever? So you have your own playthrough and now somoene else's farther ahead one?

You can't join someone who is higher level than you and further through the story I beleive, not sure if its different if a friend invites you.

The M.O.B

vehn said:

You can use different characters for that, you can choose one character to use for your own playthrough, and another character for co-op.

Or use the same character for both.

legbone

that stream has got me hyped. it's a goddamned zombie simulator. the nun's line made me laugh. i cannot wait until tonight. between this and driver i will be quite satisfied.

edit: and the soundtrack is fucking amazing. like an italian zombie flick. as a fan of all things zombie from the 70's and 80's this is the game i have been waiting all generation for.

Are any of those HUD elements toggle-able through the options?

Darklord said:
Edit: I really hope that's the stream lagging because if that's the actual framerate, wow...just wow.

He said in the comments section that it's the stream.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Darklord said:
That does not look like a quality product.

Edit: I really hope that's the stream lagging because if that's the actual framerate, wow...just wow.
I havent seen the stream, but all gameplay vids I've seen so far have very solid framerates.

legbone said:
edit: and the soundtrack is fucking amazing. like an italian zombie flick. as a fan of all things zombie from the 70's and 80's this is the game i have been waiting all generation for.

shit, really? does it remind you of stuff like Lucio Fulci's Zombi? I was on the fence about this one, I have Resistance 3 paid off but that could easily be moved over to this one. if it had that kind of music and atmosphere it will be a no-brainer for me.

btw: you zombie folks who haven't seen Fulci's Zombi, do so. it features a zombie shark and one of the greatest eyeball deaths ever filmed.

legbone

omg, the map on the quest screen is fucking epic. allright, that's it no more stream for me. tonight can't come soon enough.

derFeef

Quests, map, dialogue, zombie slashing, coop. Seems like my dream game.

edit: jesus christ it's brutal. Yep. My zombie dream game.

legbone

derFeef said:
Quests, map, dialogue, zombie slashing, coop. Seems like my dream game.

edit: jesus christ it's brutal. Yep. My zombie dream game.

yep. i turned off the feed right after the next zed encounter. one of the most brutal attacks i have ever seen in a video game. this is the game that dead rising and left 4 dead wish they were. these guys have made my dream zombie game. the zombies in this are fucking insane and animalistic. the noises they make sent shivers down my spine. i will be genuinely afraid of running into a pack of these things. that's the way it should be.

legbone

what's the gaf tag for 360? i just send a friend request to it right? then look for shared friends. not sure how that works. someone clue me in. the only game i really play multi in is mag. doesn't this game tell you when you are geographically (in game) close to a friend. will the gaf tag system work in this case?

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Me and one of my friend would like to buy the game on GmG, so if anyone has a referral code they want to share we'd appreciate it a lot!

Top Bottom